Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #14

Go down 
+34
PCoquelin
IceTooth
howler monkey
wingthing
manga
Nightsea
Lurks
ErinC1978
Davrille
jaRf
Redhead Ember
Twopaw
Shadowpath
faeriegirl
Wisp
Zadzi
Miss Gillespie
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Trollbabe
Embala
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
Lunakat
Outlier
Startear
Arthis
TrollHammer
Tymber
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Kaza999
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

On a side note, I'm happy to see Vanka actually has some small range.

True that. She's more interesting and relatable this way than as Miss Prissy Perfect Zen Calm all the time!
Absolutely!

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:18 pm

According to Rouge's Curse, the palace had a repelling effect on it. Winnowill couldn't use the little shard left behind. Back then it was explained by how the Wolfrider's love and compassion... and Timmain had ensured this when the shards got rearranged. Is that going to be written off? I don't really care either way, but it would be an irony. That all ya fear is already taken care for, by accident.

Anyways, to the content. I liked seeing Venka show some teeth. I loved the fung-guys, I still don't get why fungi has boobs, but whatever. Nice to see the 10 chiefs again, redrawn! The blood drops reminds me of @Embala's series. Filcher dying was sad but well done. I loved that he stole Cutter's boot for the last time. And I liked how in Cutter's rambling thoughts, h saw Leetah and Skywise. Their eyes were the only thing that was inked in black, the rest was somewhat faded. I liked that.

Speaking off Cutter. I honestly thought that Cutter was going to be torn to shreds by the stranger-wolves. Now that would be an impact, no? Not the most glorious end to our beloved chief... but fitting. Stranger wolves kill things they find threatening. And if he dies, he'll be first shown Wolfrider death since One-Eye. For a tribe where their mortality makes then unique, they seem awfully long lived. No to mention it's so silly tht first he had one near death experience, then a little later, the same thing is gonna happen?

Though I did find it funny that the wolves were like "I'm not eating that!"

What others have said, regarding Venka's butt ugly colors on her new clothes, I agree with. I liked the actual design, but damn girl, why are you always wearing yellowish colors? I find that most of the clothes the Go-Backs are wearing looks like clothes others have worn before them? I could swear I saw someone look exactly like Zey there, wearing the same clothes even.

What bothered me most though, what has bothered me the last few issues is how stilted the dialogue is.

Also, a prediction. Or more like, feeling I guess? Dre-ahn and Leetah are gonna go recognize.

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Redlances's 'I feel the the forest's warning!'-comment make me wonder if he knows something about the plant elves.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Startear wrote:

Also, a prediction. Or more like, feeling I guess? Dre-ahn and Leetah are gonna go recognize.
Ohhh that could be interesting!
Really weird and arkward, because he's such a blank slate. But I like it!
Startear wrote:

What bothered me most though, what has bothered me the last few issues is how stilted the dialogue is.
Some of it is so stilted it reminds me of the olf DC/Marvel comics.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:12 pm

I totally had a Dre-Leetah feeling for a second too! That would be intensely interesting. Seriously, girl. It's time to move on. Your life partner just cracked and his higher self is some tall naked chick who went and broke his brain, shapeshifted and got knocked up by his best friend. It reads like a Jerry Springer show.

And Lunakat, I also liked the FQ prologue too. I actually enjoyed FQ as late as the 7th issue, when Shenshen had Leetah reshape her as human. Yes, there were things bothering me like expository dialogue, etc., but they weren't as glaring.
Then it all just got ridiculous.

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Zadzi wrote:
I totally had a Dre-Leetah feeling for a second too!
Make us three! My immediate impression was: Looks like pre-Recognition!

Considering how FQ goes so far it's not more than just the introduction of his mood-soothing-hum-magic, to. :/

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Just got my hardcopy issue of #14. That was a... short read. So far, it seems like events in FQ either undergo leaps of a handful of decades (and/or wardrobe changes) in one issue, or not a whole lot happens. Not that that's excessively jarring or anything...

Dre-Ahn and Leetah. Wouldn't that be a thing if they did Recognize? Although, in fairness, the others did seem to catch a measure of calm from him, too.

Venka's new outfit makes me want a hot dog for some reason.   Razz

I, too, have to give Wendy full credit for actually drawing the ten chiefs (plus the Father Wolf, plus Timmain in both of her ancient forms)!

It hurt to see Filcher collapse and get back up. At least when he laid down for the last time, it was peaceful and with a loved one. Rest well, Ragged Old Thief.  Crying or Very sad We didn't know you for long, but your cheekiness and loyalty will be missed.

Two-Edge, you smeghead! Venka did relay a hard truth-- via Sending, which is still just as hurtful to you as it was over 10,000+ years ago-- but come on! How did you miss the part where "your maiden" got SHOT-- and by a device you made? Believe me, I understand the repercussions of developmental abuse, and there is a notable lack of counseling on Abode... but you've survived as an adult for untold millennia. How are you still that myopic?

That female plant elf sure looks pregnant to me...

Oh, and something flitting around on the periphery a couple of issues back: So we know Ahnshen is in the Palace, still making clothing. Moonshade is now a Palace Dweller too, and quite possibly newly single. Anyone else's head cocking speculatively here...?

Last edited by Bluetree on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:21 pm

I kinda thought her belly looked liked because her body looks kinda twisted forwards in places.
(I think this is her since she seems to the only one that has working legs.)
13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Thinkt10
Could be interesting if she was tho.

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm

One question that occurs to me: what was with the ending of Cutter's lyrical breakdown? He's never seemed interested in the home Star before.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:09 pm

He's becoming more integrated with his higher self .... *cough cough* *holding back from choking on the cliched new age fuitcakery*

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:18 pm

I thought it was because of his connection to Timmian. Home Star was important to her so it suddenly becomes something he thinks about.
I think? It seems odd to bring it up again. It should be long dead by now?

Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Bluetree wrote:

Venka's new outfit makes me want a hot dog for some reason.   Razz

It's cause she looks like a mustard bottle.
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:40 pm

^ Lol, yep. Mustard and ketchup.

Perfect for keeping a low profile, whether in the forest or on the frozen tundra...
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 8:16 am

I agree with a lot of the comments here.

One thing I did notice... Startear's new avatar, the panel where Yun looks up.
Honestly, when I first saw that panel, I almost thought it was fan-drawn, because I thought the proportions were just a bit weird!

13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Faerie10
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:14 am

@faregirl, I think it is not only because of the soft, nearly invisible shading, but her left eye too, it looks like it bleeds into the bark of the tree.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:16 am

Shadowpath wrote:
I thought it was because of his connection to Timmian. Home Star was important to her so it suddenly becomes something he thinks about.

Remember how, when she died, Krim said something like "there is the palace, and more"? I guess the home star probably was rebuilt or something like that

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:47 am

They got hit back in time, no? So maybe their homestar is still standing, in their current present?And that everyone who now goes to the stars will really go back.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:34 am

howler monkey wrote:
Another thought. Cold the slime elves actually be Two-Spear and his splinter group? I just read the last chapter and there's mention of learning from the high ones and become something new. What if they get killed and their souls turned into the hidden ones? I don't know if this is far fetched.

The fungi will probably have some connection to the wolfriders, making them the second spin-off tribe...

Maybe the fungi are supposed to be a corrupted vision of the palace elves? They, too, appear pretty hive minded. But instead of requiring the spirit/mind they need bodies (they want Cutter's body when it 'all still' aka without a soul)

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:37 pm

I have no problem with how Yun is drawn in that image! She looks fine to me. She's looking up-- that's not an easy pose. But why is her skin that color? Seriously? She's purple? Do you guys see what I mean? That's not shading... that's just ugly.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

Remember how, when she died, Krim said something like "there is the palace, and more"? I guess the home star probably was rebuilt or something like that
Yeah that's what I got from it too. A return to the home star. I just think it's weird it suddenly matters.
Startear wrote:
They got hit back in time, no? So maybe their homestar is still standing, in their current present?And that everyone who now goes to the stars will really go back.
Why would it tho? Did the troll revolt mess things up so badly that not only did they get thrown back in time but also end up in an alternate world where the only difference is their home world isn't as old as it was originally?

O.o It seemed to well into it's dying phase when they left? Whats the point of going back to it now?

Don't tell me it's a rework of Kings. They go back to the home star and merge with their original selves? The dead get new bodies? Time passes, they leave and they crash again because they have forgotten?  Neutral

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:52 pm

why would they go back to a dead world?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:52 pm

I kind of assumed it had been swallowed by its own sun or something.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I kind of assumed it had been swallowed by its own sun or something.
Same here. The few mentions of in OQ seemed to imply it was gone/dead.

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 3:34 pm

This was a strange issue for sure...creepy vampire tree elves? Makes me wonder who they are...and more specifically the thought came to me today...are they able to recognize? Perhaps with their hive mentality they are unable to...but if they could...that would really shake things up a bit.

I've been trying to think who would be a possible candidate...but even thinking back to Dreamtime no one seems to come to mind. Redlance having some type of deeper interaction with them seems very plausible...but for some reason I kept thinking of Pike...he's lost both of his lovemates and has never recognized.

Other thoughts...I'm wondering if Cutter's story is about at its end. I always think back to the old picture of Cutter and Skywise gazing at the sky in their old age and Cutter "finally understanding about the stars"...however based on how the story is going so far I think Wendy and Richard could do just about anything. Part of me thinks she wouldn't kill the main character off, especially as she has said in interviews that he is the character that she most identifies with, but again, it's all up in the air at this point.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 3:37 pm

The homestar is dead. The whole point of KOBTW was to get back to the point where they went back in time, they did it, the star has been dead for millennia, game over, no return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   13 - Final Quest #14 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #14
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next