Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.

Go down 
+31
jaRf
wingthing
Zadzi
sun girl
Sifra
Bluetree
Wisp
namuhna
Miscellaneous
PCoquelin
KR Wordgazer
Shadowpath
Outlier
Vaeri
Startear
Josine
Lurks
ErinC1978
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
Stargazer
Elwing
faeriegirl
Twopaw
G0lden
manga
Miss Gillespie
Multi-Facets
Embala
Lunakat
Tymber
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
jaRf

jaRf

8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 5:08 am

But this is a bit sad. I think there would be a lot of elves that could talk (well, or sing and hum) a lot to each other because they are similar, have the same background, know the same persons from the past or have generally interesting things for the other to share.
Sadly the whole comic seems to be a bit in a rush, or has a strict page limitation so it won't be easy to put all that in.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 7:43 am

Isn't that always so with stories? Lots of interactions and actions going on in the background that we never get to see because it isn't part of the "main story", because it doesn't involve that "main characters".

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 10:25 am

Yup, tho Wendy used to be a lot better at showing the background interactions then she is now.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 11:51 am

I think we need to accept that this is a swan song. They're done. So they're going out how they wished they came in.

In a semi-coherent, pseudo-progressive, somewhat racist, totally garish blaze of glory.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
I think we need to accept that this is a swan song. They're done. So they're going out how they wished they came in.

In a semi-coherent, pseudo-progressive, somewhat racist, totally garish blaze of glory.
Laughing
I sure hope they're done after this...

8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm sticking around for the end then I'm out of here.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Prism wrote:
Yup, tho Wendy used to be a lot better at showing the  background  interactions then she is now.

She's a lot older now. She's in her 60s-- right? Drawing is a lot of physical effort. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not in my twenties anymore. I lost a lot of energy after hitting thirty. She's probably... you know... tired. Like, physically more tired. Should we expect the same level of detail?

Personally, I miss the way it used to be. But I don't expect that back. I just wish the series was ending on a better note. Yet I'm conflicted about how to feel about it. One one hand, I'm grateful she's putting out the effort. I appreciate that it's probably taking more of a toll rondo this work than it used to. On the other hand-- couldn't the story be simplified and the art be focused in a way that allows for less detail but more grace? And can't someone other than Sonny do the blasted coloring? Like maybe a professional colorist? Or someone they test first?

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 am

I don't know if they could simplify the story and get all the points they want to do in the number of pages and issues we have. They've got twenty of the former per issue, and only twenty-four of the latter. I think we'd see more indepth scenes if there were more pages.

As for the coloring... maybe Sonny was the best option at the time? I don't know who's the big name colorists anymore. it may have been as simple as no one else being available, due to schedules and contracts.

And Wendy's 65. Yes, she could apply for Social Security if she wanted to. o.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   8 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14