Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boys are weird

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

Boys are weird Empty
PostBoys are weird

I posted this up in my personal blog a few days ago and it's still on my mind. Have a read, tell me I'm stupid or whatever.

So it's been about a month since my ex (R) broke up with me for the weakest reason I've ever heard. Reading between the lines is a dangerous habit to get into, but that's what I have been doing. During his breakup speech he said a few things that made me question his sanity, telling me his ex had been in contact asking for sex was one thing. His exact words "I mean , I'll be alright, I've already had offers"

Fucking put your ego back in its box for 20 minutes while you're breaking up with someone, mate.

The next thing was as he was leaving. He said "you never know, history might repeat itself. Who was after me?" I was totally baffled when he said who he meant. Now I'll need to back up a bit to give a bit of history here.

26 years ago, in school where we met, I dated R for about 3 weeks. Nothing much happened, a quick smooch in the park and that was that. All that stopped in a very teenage way like teenage things do. Then a few months later I dated G for a few weeks, same thing. Nothing happened other than hanging out and going on a few dates to the cinema and what have you. We were all in the same advanced science classes and we all hung out after school. We were all friends, basically. We left school, G went off and disappeared, R went to the same college as I did but then I went off and got a job and didn't speak to anyone for decades.

Then Facebook was invented. I found R and G and added them as friends back in 2009. We exchanged the customary "bloody hell, how've you been? It's been ages" messages and that was that. A total of 4 messages between G and myself and slightly more with R because he's a talker. I was in a stable relationship with the guy I almost married, the guy my kid called her stepfather, that was as far as that went. Anyway, that relationship ended and i was single and not dating for 5 years until I posted a status on fb about needing help with moving house. Up pops R with an offer of assistance as long as I made him tea. Well that was the start of our rekindled friendship, we met up had coffee that kind of thing. Two months later we got together and were in a relationship for over a year.

Where G comes into this? No one had seen or heard from him for years. He never posts on fb, he just has an account. Then about 6 months ago, he randomly liked one of my statuses. Up until then I'd honestly forgotten he existed. Over the next few months he liked a few more things I posted. Then I put up a status asking if anyone knew about a website I was considering using for D&D gaming. He pops up out of the blue and answered all my questions. All conversation we had was out in the open, there was no private messaging or anything else. He's commented on a few more things since then too.

So where in all that very public interaction did R get the impression that G would be my next relationship? I have no idea. I suspect it was some kind of reverse psychology bullshit to ease his own conscience.

And now I've had time to think about it, I'm curious about what G is doing with his life because nobody knows. But how do you start that conversation? Can you just randomly message someone you haven't spoken to for decades other than a customary hello? It has been bugging me for a few weeks now. What does a person say in that situation? It's likely I never will, but it's on my mind nevertheless.

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Boys are weird :: Comments

Kindredsoul
Re: Boys are weird
Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 pm by Kindredsoul
Weeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....... What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face You already know that the DnD subject started a conversation, so keep going with that, and slip in a few other other topics in between!

Just for starters Wink

You have this blessed AMAZING ability to make people smile and laugh, Nib. You're brilliant humor is magnetic! I LOVE reading things you write about and even our conversations leave me in tears of laughter when talking about just everyday things (even though I'm hardly on as much anymore, you have me smiling in seconds), so you have nothing to worry about when needing to strike up a conversation with anyone just out of the blue! Exclamation I love you

Nibblet
Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 pm by Nibblet
THANK YOU! Love you sweetie.
OH! And look out for another round of let's makes on my blog soon, Steffis birthday cakes and vagina cookies will be getting made soon (long story, don't ask). And I've had some requests for other stuff too. https://taylormoo.wordpress.com/

/SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

Last edited by Nibblet on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kindredsoul
Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:19 pm by Kindredsoul
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl *just dies* rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Nibblet
Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:46 pm by Nibblet
well.... that message might have to wait a little bit after my facebook fail today!
screenshot because I'm lazy
Boys are weird Captur10
Embala
Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:01 pm by Embala
rofl
G0lden
Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:19 pm by G0lden
Nibs, your lovely tale reminds me of something my ex told me many years ago.

He had the gall to get upset when I brought up the fact I knew he was screwing around on me. Not only did he get righteously upset, but he even offered to let me fool around on him. I turned him down flat, even told him that I knew what game he was trying to play. Needless to say how the marriage went. I left.

Well, ran into him a couple years down the round. This time he tells me I don't want to hear about your affairs. Only problem I hadn't done that yet either.

This poor fool never did understand when it was best to shut up and leave well enough alone. And no I never went back to that insanity. Raising two boys on my own was so much easier than adding the third child, who stood 6" 2".

Yup, Nibs, you got it right Boys are weird.
Trollbabe
Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:53 pm by Trollbabe
Boys aren't weird, just immature. Men are better.
Vaeri
Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm by Vaeri
well frankly it seems you're better off without R....geez what an ego indeed! *facepalms* but i think it's a matter of "guilty concience". ya know, how cheaters tend to project and become insanely paranoid their partner is cheating on them? unfortunately i wouldn't be terribly surprised if R had accepted his ex's offering of sex before he told you..*sigh*

but if nothing else, it might be good to rekindle a friendship with G! he might be the introvert type, who doesn't really need social interaction...but i'm sure he could appreciate having someone to drop a line to whenever he needs someone to chat to...and who knows? it might lead to something or it might not.
Trollbabe
Post Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:05 pm by Trollbabe
Just my musings... As someone the Pinis would call an "old married", I get to know young single men who sit on the sidelines and shake their heads when they see good women staying in abusive or bad relationships. They get passed over because they don't have the fancy cars or fancy clothes or big paychecks. They are beloved sons and brothers and uncles who would make wonderful husbands.
Nibblet
Post Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:34 pm by Nibblet
Young single men might be a bit too young for me!
Trollbabe
Post Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:42 pm by Trollbabe
Of course, "young" to me means under forty...
Nibblet
Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 am by Nibblet
Any less than 40 and I'd be called a cougar rofl
Kindredsoul
Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:50 pm by Kindredsoul
I think that Monica chic has a good point in that screenshot >______>
G0lden
Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:48 am by G0lden
Sigh, 55 and up for me, That is if I met another man I even want to deal with.
Post  by Sponsored content

Boys are weird

Page 1 of 1