Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaza999

Kaza999

15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 pm

oh gee, so much is going on!

tamsin's story is ve-ery interesting--i wonder what's up? nice to see venka again, and dewshine and tyldak also!

it's also interesting to hear what the wolfriders think of haken and his people, and the homesteaders in general

can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:47 pm

well i for one don't really like the whole...double talking, "oh it's just a matter of perspective, it's not wrong" thing from Sunstream. is it strange it feels vaguely...Timmainish? oh no she's infected his brain!

anyway...i actually kinda got a Fatal Frame vibe from Tamsin...the sleeping sickness? in the game, if you lost someone you love, you were brought to a manor and the deeper you followed the vision of your departed loved one, the more the sickness consumed you until you joined them in death basically and never woke up. the symptoms were sleeping more and more, and remaining tired when you woke up.

great now i'm picturing Timmain as the Tattooed Priestess...also warning, do not google Fatal Frame if you are easily scared. that shit be spooky. it's my favorite series obviously. mwahahaha.

but i certainly look forward to seeing how things progress for Tamsin. i'm kinda glad she took more after Tyldak in personality...an opposite end of the spectrum for her brother.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Now I'll definitely have to Google it, Vaeri Razz

Yes, Sunstream is a bit like you said but I don't think he's completely brainwashed. There is probably that whole thing of magic users in the palace not being very attached to their bodies or something.
You know who I love ? Aurek. He's like such an awesome magic user palace knowledge guy who also is a realist. I love the hell out of Alterna-Aurek. He's never afraid to ask uncomfortable questions. That's why I reeeeeeeallllllly wanna see what he has to say about all of this.

15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 12:57 am

you must send me a pm to tell me what you think of Fatal Frame zadzi! or tell me here, and let me know if you can also see Timmain as the Tattooed Priestess....:p
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:13 pm

ya know, i wonder if we're going to get some horrific nightmares for the Halloween season again, like we did last year! i would not be against this. hmmm....what terrors could be lurking inside Tamsin's mind...?*strokes fake goatee*
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 12:43 am

Oh, I don't think I can top last year's Halloween fic. I mean... where do you go after Timmain rape-eating Skywise?

I will say, however, that there certainly is a... haunting thread throughout the rest of Tamsin's story (I'm about halfway through Part 2 right now). Dewshine, of course, is being haunted by her memories of Blue Mountain. And Tamsin... well... I can't spoil everything.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 pm

if you COULD top it, that would be awesome! if you can match last year, that would be awesome! haunting sounds intriguing...

...hmm...i take that as a challenge. what would top a rape-cannibal Timmain?....HAY A RAPE-CANNIBAL SWIFT OR CUTTER! MWAHAHAHAHA. well that was easy.*brushs off hands*

i think i foresee a lot of nightmares and waking up screaming for Dewshine. sitting up in bed shakings with Tyldak wrapping a wing around her to try and comfort her. possibly a Brightmetal/Shenshen parallel from Scribe and the Sword.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:17 pm

My ultimate Halloween wish is the story of how Fluffy became Strongbow Razz

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 7:38 pm

that's only horrific for Strongbow...XDD
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 pm

So, bad news, good news...

Bad news is part 2 of "Perchance to Dream" is behind schedule AGAIN, grr...

Good news is the reason for that is I'm doing the final galley proofs on my third "Ghost Town" novel, The Wolf Charmer! Woohoo, publication date is just a month and a half away now!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:54 am

Ah man, I'm sad about that, but I am SO FREAKIN' HAPPY FOR YOU, WINGTHNG! That is some wonderful news!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:52 pm

yay for publication! hope things go smoothly!

suppose maybe once this book is published, you'll have a lot more time to dedicate to Alternaverse for a while? :p
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Great news Like Good luck, wingthing!

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Woo hoo! Good luck, Wingthing!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 am

So now that the book's been sent off the presses, I'm managing to find some time for Tamsin again. Still got a way to go to finish up part two, but here's a teaser to spark up some rampant spec.

“Is this better?” he asked, his voice no longer echoing in her mind, but floating on the wind.

Tamsin turned and stared. And
stared.

Standing just behind her was the handsomest elf she had ever seen.

She stumbled to her feet, slowly taking him in. He stood taller than her father, and he wore the somber garments of Blue Mountain That Was. His long sleeves and feathered capelet made her think of the Scroll’s memories of Lord Voll. But Lord Voll had always seemed so frail, his face lined with worry and age. And there was no frailty in this face: only the ageless beauty of strong-boned features and skin that made her think of the finest, polished white stone. He had her father’s strong chin, Aurek’s hooded eyes, Door’s proud cheekbones, and his high-domed skull was completely devoid of hair, like Ekuar’s. He was like every fantasy of a Glider lord come to life. She had to check the impulse to reach up and stroke a perfectly curved and pointed ear.

His perfect brow furrowed slightly as the silence stretched out between them. “Tamsin? If this form does not please you, I can–”

“No! No, this… this pleases me,” she stammered out. Now she could not resist the urge to touch him. She raised her hand and ran her fingertips down the line of his jaw. She felt the same tingling warmth, where her skin touched his. Wisps of mist curled about her fingers.

“You’re perfect…” she whispered.

Sylas’s pale lips curved in the slightest smile. “Good. Now, where shall we go today?”

Still giddy as a child, Tamsin could only only shake her head. “Oh, I don’t care. You pick.”

He folded her hand within his own. She had always thought herself a tall elf, yet she felt tiny compared to him.

“Only because I know your heart,” Sylas said.

The scene shifted. Suddenly the nest was not anchored to the treetops, but floating free in a great sea of air. Tamsin looked around in all directions. Other rafts of vegetation bobbed on air currents, above and below them. When she looked over the edge of the nest, she could not see the ground, only a vast sky-blue infinity dotted with floating islands.

“I’ve never seen this in the Scroll,” she breathed. “This can’t be real.”

“Have I not told you? There is not that can be envisioned that does not exist...”

“…Somewhere,” Tamsin finished. “In time or space. So where are we?”

“Does it matter?”

She looked back at him. Their hands were still clasped tightly, and the long fingers wrapped around herself felt far too real and warm to be a mere fantasy.

“No,” Tamsin admitted.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 11:35 am

well now, this is an unexpected turn! hmmm...a spirit or a living elf...?

at first i thought maybe he was an ancient glider spirit...but that line. "I know your heart". i think he has only taken on the appearance of a glider to put Tamsin at ease, since it's been said her spirit takes more after Tyldak...so she must consider herself a bit more of a glider.

again, maybe Navigator? i can imagine the Conehead form would be pretty terrifying for any elf born on Abode to see.

you know, silly me...XD i had thought for a moment Sylas was Sydor! but like that was his real name, until i did digging and realized, "Nope, Sydor's real name is Rydos" so that doesn't fit...
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 11:53 pm

where is everyone? @_@ i can't speculate by myself. well i mean i CAN but where's the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:55 am

Sorry , I was too busy helping stir up shit on the other thread lol, and I've been majorly stressed out with some work and an upcoming trip Sad
Dammit, I DID post something in response...and it didn't show up because my Wifi has been crap lately.

When I read this, I didn't think of the Navigator, I thought of some old Glider (as it seemed to say) spirit that Tamsin contacted. Reason being is that the Navigator always just seemed *very* asexual to me. If course maybe in Tamsin's dream anything is possible, so who knows. Was this a dream or a sending? I feel like she's maybe going back and forth between both worlds in a way. I know maybe the spirit is making itself a glider to make her comfy but I'm not sure. Is the tree part of this at all? Is it able to tap into minds and make this kind of mischief to one who was never really into it? Did Dewshine grieve daddy properly? Is daddy Treestump and Rillfisher part of a connection that Tamsin is somehow able to have??? I have no idea.

Hmm. Is she getting drawn into some kind of recognition, because it really feels that way? I really want to get Aurek sort of glowering at her when she gets to the college lol. Well not glowering but just looking at her with his owl eyes and seeing everything. Because Aurek is the best character here in alternaverse, I love him.

I really need another installment. I reread the old ones before I go to sleep often, because I just love them.

Also, where is Kazaa??! I haven't seen Kazaa in what feels like a very long time. I hope you're doing ok!

I'm sorryI abandoned you, Vaeri! I've had my head up my own butt for too long lol

I much prefer this thread and alternaverse in general to FQ, truth be told. It's just a lot more fun with actual stuff happening.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:01 am

i saw! just got done reading the thread and adding my own thoughts, such as they were...i'm a little disjointed myself...

i think it's definitely right now, they only have the APPEARANCE of a glider...also because of the whole "mist curling around her fingers" as Tamsin strokes his jaw. it's a figment, or glamor or...something similar. until they go "somewhere else" where perhaps it lend him more...reality?

actually kinda reminds me of Xanth and Moon's of Ida...XD it was a little moon that would rotate around a Princess' head, and on that moon was another version of the same princesss with a different moon around her head, and so on, etc, down an extremely long chain.

you could only visit the moons in a dream, or soul form...aka going out. the first planet you land on, you were pure soul, and would need matter from that planet to give you substance. but if you went say 5 or more links down the chain, your soul would compress so much it would be automatically solid on that level.

i kinda feel like this is something sorta similar maybe? or maybe not. i hope my explaination made sense.

i kinda get this nagging sensation she's getting...lured more than anything. IT'S A TRAP! :p it'd be so Wingthing.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:06 am

Do you think the tree's involved with this stuff, Vaeri?

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:09 am

not really..it's actually more of like a Chesral(Echoes) feeling.

besides, i don't think any glider spirits were in the Tree, were there? i don't think a malevolent Wolfrider spirit would be able to so flawlessly masquerade as a Glider.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:14 am

Ok, that makes sense.

I only thought in terms of the tree since Tamsin's mother is directly Wolfrider but maybe with the power it has, it's able to pull of crazy shit. I have no idea. That damn tree creeps me out, i wouldn't put that beyond it lol

But yes, it makes sense that it might be a kind of 'echo' like Weatherbird had. And Tamsin doesn't have a dedicate love mate watching over her, or crazy strong mediumship powers, so she's super vulnerable! Who knows. Dammit Sunstream, you're supposed to be keeping your eye on this stuff!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 am

add in to the fact that part of her vulnerability is because of her grief over Russet....i can imagine a spirit promising endless adventures and no more heartache would be disasterously attractive to Tamsin.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:27 am

"Disastrously attractive" - that's exactly right! Hopefully by the end of the weekend, you'll see just how deep Tamsin will be going down the rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:32 am

don't talk to me about Rabbit Holes...last night i had a weird dream combining Dark Shadows and Alice in Wonderland the movies. XD before that i did actually have an alternaverse dream...can't remember it now. i should have added it to my elfquest dreams thread >.<

but definitely down the "Disastrously attractive" pathway huh? hmmm...it might indeed be a spirit and not a currently living elf. maybe a firstcomer? in canon and Alternaverse, we've seen how they can be firmly in the "evil" realm...again, Sydor and Chesral. not all firstcomers were good and pure.

....does that mean Timmain was never good and pure, or it's just now manifesting in her?*muses*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   15 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next