Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone interested in a new roleplay?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

Anyone interested in a new roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm wondering if anyone would like to start a new roleplay here? For setting we could have the Sun Village, either before the Wolfriders arrive, or between OQ volumes 1 and 2 (meaning the time after Leetah and Cutter celebrate their Recognition, and before Cutter and Skywise leave on their Quest). Or any other setting, if you have ideas for that.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Sure! But I would prefer it be with original characters. Like- lets have Cutter and Skywise be in there.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 pm

What if we did the Forbidden Grove- right after Skywise reunites with the tribe at the end of Book 4. You know, after the Palace War and before Arorree shows up and blows their cover. When they settle in.

We could call it Forbidden Grove: The Hidden Years

There are, like, two years- right? Lots of questions to answer. Like... How did everyone settle in? How did Leetah get used to the woods? How the did Wolfriders get used to "hunting" from cocoons? (Or did they?) How did Strongbow get along with Petalwing? Why did everyone's hair get so spiky? What inspired Moonshade to create 80's influenced clothing? What really happened to Cutter on that branch? How did Skywise manage for 2 years without lovemates? Do the elves have aspirin? And so on.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Ooo! Ooo! Oo! You can play Skywise- and WiseShaman could play Redlance! And everyone else can play everyone else depending on who wins the mudfight. That would be so cool.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm

You know me, Leanan, I'm game for almost anything  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: I'm in   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:06 am

Hey, me playing the treeshaper huh? Not too hard to picture that so I can do it...

But we need a Petalwing? Ooo, Nibblet!! Yeah, Nibblet can be Petalwing!! cheers 

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:55 am

BREEET DEE DEEeeEEeeT

challenge accepted.

*flies sideways into a wall* yep, I got this

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Wheee!

Forbidden Grove? Excellent idea!

Can I play Krim? *strikes pose with knife*
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Ooo! Ooo! Oo! You can play Skywise

I just realized - did you mean me?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Leanan wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
Ooo! Ooo! Oo! You can play Skywise

I just realized - did you mean me?

Of course! If you want. I kind of thought Skywise was your thing? Or you could be someone else- like Krim. Or both. There aren't enough of us for us not to take at least a couple of characters- right?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Scot and Krim would be interesting characters- because they would be fresh from the GoBack tribe and adjusting to Wolfrider life.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:14 pm

So in short, be whoever you want to play yourself ^^
Its been a while since I did any real RPing, but I'm guessing the rules are still the same? No controlling others characters, plot or anything like that and no autohitting, rhinohiding and such like? I've been part of RP sites where there is one control freak making everyone's decisions for them and it sucks all the fun right out of it. If we can all agree to let each other use their own creativity and free will, I think it could work. If not, I'm out.

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Everything Nibblet stated would indeed apply, but I'm sure we're all down with that  Wink 

So thus far, we have the setting and time frame in agreement?

Place:  Forbidden Grove

During the Hidden Years time frame

Current Characters in discussion:

Leanan: Krim

Wiseshaman: Redlance

Nibblet: Petalwing

Luna: None stated (unless I missed it?)

As for myself, I'm up for the challenge to take up Strongbow

I'd like to also add, since our numbers are low, we could possibly take up a second character as whatever story progresses.  For now, since this is the first group RP, let's see how things go first  Cool 

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Vanilla cream donuts. Sugared, no sprinkles. And a large mocha with whipped cream and chocolate.

As for real suggestions? Non so far.

*straightens wings and flies off*

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 am

Just adding something... I really don't see the need to write up character sheets for this....

We're all EQ experts, right?  Suspect 

Also, just IN CASE!  If I disappear for a few days anytime from now - to anytime this week, it's because I had to go out of town for a family emergency. It's a day to day kinda thing, so depending on what happens (or doesn't happen) I don't know what day I MAY be leaving.

I just didn't want you guys thinking you had to wait on me to get this started.

If I leave after we start, just skip my turn.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:41 am

If we only get one character to begin with, I'd rather have Skywise than Krim. If that is all right?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Why would we only take one character? I think Kindred and I were both saying earlier that it's probably necessary for each of us to play at least two characters... because there aren't that many players involved. You should do both Skywise and Krim.

I think it would be fun to play... maybe Nightfall and Scott? Or Leetah. Does anybody else want any of those characters?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Actually... i think I would be happy playing any of the wolfriders (or adjacent GoBacks). I don't personally think I can handle more than two characters though. That would be my max.

Say... if we don't have enough players to cover every character- what happens? Do we just not use the others? Do we just have certain characters (who have players) be the main characters- and everyone else is up for grabs as a background character- to use however any of us like in a story? How does that work?

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Well, to clarify what I meant....  I think it's wise that we start out with one character each in the beginning of the role-play/story to see how it plays out.  Once we get into the groove of the story, then we see about who is up for role-playing an additional character at the same time if needed. 

Quote :
Say... if we don't have enough players to cover every character- what happens? Do we just not use the others? Do we just have certain characters (who have players) be the main characters- and everyone else is up for grabs as a background character- to use however any of us like in a story? How does that work?

The thing is, we don't even know what we're going to write about yet.

For example, if we're just writing about a hunting scene, there's not going to be that many characters in a hunting party to worry about role-playing.  

Now if we move into an even bigger plot, like some mini-quest? Then yeah, we'll need more characters; hence each of us role playing two characters (or possibly more depending on what an individual writer can handle).  

The other option is using the "other" characters as NPC's (Non-Playing Characters).  Which you write about, or add in the background (maybe they say a comment or two here and there in a scene), but not necessarily write them/play them as main characters.

What's more important to all of us is that we're relaxed as we write, and most of all enjoy it.  After being involved with multiple role-play forums in the past, the main thing I've learned is that too many rules, or being too picky, is what bogs down a group role-play.  Bickering begins, and then no one wants to participate.

Since this will be our first group RP, let's see how things pan out as we go Wink  If we feel we've run into a snag, we'll work it out as we go.  It's a learning experience, but it's a fun experience too Wink

Now I kinda figure Cutter is going to be a necessity since he's chief. I haven't seen anyone mention wanting to RP him yet. I don't mind taking up the task, but if anyone of you was wanting to take the position, go ahead and speak up  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Okay! Thanks for explaining. I guess I was confused.

I haven't actually done this before- but I understand the basics. Still, I might make some mistakes when it comes to the rules- so y'all will be patient with me. I'm happy to follow everyone else's lead here- so, Kindred, if you think it's best for us all to start with one character and work from there- then so be it!

Yes, we probably do need a Cutter. Kin- I bet you would be great at Cutter! Me? I don't actually care too much who I play, as long as I know the character well. I like the idea of Nightfall- because she's sort of an 'everywolfrider.' But if there is a character you guys think we need to have to round things out better- I'm happy to switch it up.

So who do we have so far then?

Kindred as Cutter. Leanan as Skywise. WiseShaman as Redlance (if he is cool with that and wants to). Was Nibblet going to play Strongbow? Is that the total? And me as either Nightfall or whoever.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Oops- mistake! Kindred was going to be Strongbow!
Oh heck. Would you rather be Strongbow than Cutter?

Nibblet was Petalwing.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:32 am

No worries about getting confused over things. That's what questions are for  Wink It's no problem answering any you may have

As for me, I'd think it be more helpful in the beginning of the RP if I started with Cutter. Again, if anyone else had in mind to play him, please let me know.  I don't want to sound so bold as to claim the "Chief" character right off the bat if someone else planned to play him.

I can always bring in Strongbow later when needed  Razz 

With Leanan wanting to be Skywise, we need to pick a different "time" setting, since the Hidden Years period was during the time the Palace and Cutter's family was gone.  So Skywise wasn't around then.

Leanan? Did you have a time period in mind to play the stargazer in? Before or after Hidden Years?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:27 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
No worries about getting confused over things. That's what questions are for  Wink It's no problem answering any you may have
Thanks! Please also don't judge me for being around so much. I actually just lost my job a short time ago- so I have a lot of time on my hands- and this is just a fun way to spend it. (I have a life- I promise!)

Quote :
As for me, I'd think it be more helpful in the beginning of the RP if I started with Cutter.
Sounds good.

Quote :
I can always bring in Strongbow later when needed  Razz 
Sounds good!

Quote :
With Leanan wanting to be Skywise, we need to pick a different "time" setting, since the Hidden Years period was during the time the Palace and Cutter's family was gone.  So Skywise wasn't around then.
I thought we were doing, not the Hidden Years period, but the period after book 4 and before Seige at Blue Mountain? But we could do another time, if everyone wants.

On the main forum, someone was talking about a Mush that was an alternate timeline- like a 'what if Winnowil did succeed with her Egg Ship thingy?' kind of thing. If we wanted, we could do an alternate universe kind of thing...

Or we could just do the Forbidden Grove after Book 4- when they settle in. Or another time. Or... (I'll just be quiet now.)

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 am

Lunakat wrote:

I thought we were doing, not the Hidden Years period, but the period after book 4 and before Seige at Blue Mountain? But we could do another time, if everyone wants.

I thought we were doing Forbidden Grove after book 4, too.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 pm

My bad Razz I shouldn't be multi-tasking while trying to type and think at the same time Shocked

Okay, so we have an idea of the time period and the characters..... what situation/plot idea did people have in mind to RP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in a new roleplay?   Anyone interested in a new roleplay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in a new roleplay?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next