Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would you rather: ElfQuest.

Go down 
+6
Bluetree
Evil Evie
Trollbabe
Miss Gillespie
Embala
Redhead Ember
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

Would you rather: ElfQuest. Empty
PostSubject: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 am

The rules are simple: Pose a question, give an answer, and ask one of your own. :-)

Would you rather have Leetah cure all your ills, mental or physical, but you'd have to stay on Abode for six months
OR
Have Winnowill cure your ills and stay on Earth, but she'd feed on your dreams for six months as payment?

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 4:27 am

Without speaking any Abodean language, or knowing the environment and customs, I'd go for planet Earth. I have no idea, what's like to feed on dreams, but I'd like to see Winnies reaction to my weird dreams. Maybe she gets heartburn Razz

Would you rather get rockshaping abilities and run around like Ekuar for the rest of your life
OR
Would you rather look like Tylday, but be able to fly?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Would I rather have my arms and legs amputated, but be able to shape rock, or my arms and legs rendered useless, but be able to fly? That is a conundrum...

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Tyldak, because I would still have all of my parts, even if they were different.

Would you rather be a Troll under Greymung's rule, doomed to enslavement or death in Guttlekraw's invasion, or a Troll under Guttlekraw's rule, taking you chances against the Wolfriders, Go-Backs, and Picknose's rebellious followers?

(Keep in mind that your fate may depend upon your gender and your occupation.)

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 1:55 am

I'll go with the latter. Maybe I'd actually be one of said rebellious followers. :-D

Would you rather Recognize Rayek
OR
Would you rather Recognize Kahvi?
(No worries if it's a same-sex relationship.)

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 7:08 am

(on the 1st: ... Would you rather have Leetah cure all your ills, mental or physical, but you'd have to stay on Abode for six months.
Why not stay there? It's probably nice and maybe even better than here in parts.)
(on the 2nd: ... Would you rather look like Tyldak, but be able to fly?
Tyldak. Flying seems good.)
(on the 3rd: Greymung or Guttlekraw
Aww. Please someone shoot me. But maybe the latter, a chance is chance.)

Multi-Facets wrote:

OR

Very Happy
Easy one. Rayek

(hypothetical things)
Would you rather be an actor (or animator) for an Elfquest movie that is true to the story but fails to reach the masses
or
would you rather work for a movie that is quite off the story, not true to the art style (and possible messages transported in the story) but that makes a hit and becomes very successful and attracts more people to the EQ world (and subsequently leads to more fandom, new comics, figures, merchandise and so on)?

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 12:09 pm

jaRf wrote:
(on the 1st: ... Would you rather have Leetah cure all your ills, mental or physical, but you'd have to stay on Abode for six months.
Why not stay there? It's probably nice and maybe even better than here in parts.)

Don't they live in a "you hardly live past 30" type of development era? Razz

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 pm

@jarf-- the first one. I would looove to be an animator on the Elfquest movie, but would prefer it to be true to the original story, even if it didn't become a hit. So that I could watch it over and over, happily!

Would you rather create one perfect work and nothing else, or a lifetime of decent but average work? (Not Elfquest related-- just something I've always pondered)

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Lifetime of average work, because then I would not be devastated when someone destroyed it. Sounds pessimistic, but it happens.

Would you rather die like Ruffel, in a moment of happiness, with no warning, or would you rather die in battle like a Wolfrider or a Go-Back?

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 4:32 am

@Luna: have you read "black swan" (not about the movie)? The question would be, what purpose the work has. Is it just for it's own sake (you do it, because you enjoy it and you don't want to share it) or is it to become famous or rich? Do you want to live off this worK?

@Trollbabe: So it's basically, do you want to die in a moment of stress or in a stressless moment? A Go Back could be happy with his or her Valhalla moment Razz

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm

That's a very good question, Trollbabe. I think a lot would depend on the situation. If there was someone I cared for whom I had to protect in battle, I'd die for them if it was needed. But if there was no need for that, then I'd rather die happy. On the other hand, if it was a battle and the person I was protecting got away safe, I'd die happy that way.

But ultimately, if I have to die, I'd rather go out quietly, I think. So a moment of happiness, without warning, like Ruffel. (I say "go out quietly" because lots of the things that make me happy are quiet activities.)

Would you rather be a leader of the Wolfriders from any era
OR
Would you rather be a leader of the Sun Folk from any era?

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 pm

LOL - am I the only one who approaches this question as if I were applying for a job? Comparing responsibilities, job security, commute, benefits, perks, hazard pay, retirement plan, funny hat versus funny hairdo, transportation or lack thereof...

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 12:44 am

That's funny, Trollbabe. Now I'm thinking about it that way too!

I think I would rather be the leader of the Sunfolk... they seem much more reasonable, plus capable of creating a more sophisticated civilization. I like things like art, architecture, science, progress, security, cooked food, agriculture, and woven cloth. I hate the desert, and I love a gorgeous forest... but I would accept desert life in exchange for not having to deal with people who can't remember yesterday, constant violence, a winter without fire, raw meat as a consistent diet, and the stubborn refusal to change. Sunfolk are much better followers too-- they rarely seem to challenge their leaders.

The Sunfolk seem more adaptable than the Wolfriders in that they are able to change their way of life in response to circumstances. I dislike that they chose to live underground rather than brave the world... but I like that they are managing to adjust to Palace life, while still venturing outside. They are also learning new skills while the Wolfriders do what they've always done... hunt, how and survive... right next to a huge, magic structure that can make their wildest dreams come true, which they seem fully uninterested in... despite having fought and died for it.

Sunfolk for the win.

If you were one of the immortal elves, would you rather go with the Palace and travel into space, not knowing where you were headed or if you would ever return... or stay on the planet you were born to, knowing it will change around you, and your way of life will ultimately become obsolete?

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am

I'd go with space travel. WoTMs is sooo last week. Star trekking is fashionable, and exciting!

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm

This question assumes this would be happening in "ElfQuest's" heyday, when Wendy used pencils and ink and Richard was more involved with the creative process.

Would you rather work for Richard as an editing apprentice
OR
Work for Wendy as an art apprentice?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Not good enough by far to make a decent art apprentice Sad ...

... pale and not strong-nerved enough by far to work with Mr. Pini on any level.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm

I would work under Wendy, maybe I would actually develops some skills if I was forced to use them.

Would you rather be a human living under winnowill or one of the elves under her like egg and door.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:48 am

Richard Pini as an editing apprentice, although some of the novels were not up to par. Wendy Pini has impressed me as being a bit temperamental.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I'd rather be like Door or Brace. That way, I'd have no idea of how much time was passing, and Blue Mountain's fall would release me eventually. Less PTSD that way, I think.

Would you rather have a night of drinking and carousing with Olbar the Mountain-Tall (c'mon, you just know he'd be a great party-er :-D)
OR
Would you rather have a heartfelt night of howls and memories and stories with the Wolfriders?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:20 pm

The Howl for me. I'm not a great party-er. ^^

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Question-thingy?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Would you rather be a Wolfrider from the days before Cutter
OR
Would you rather be a Wolfrider in the days during and after Cutter?

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 4:09 pm

Before Cutter, specifically in the relatively peaceful times from Goodtree to Mantricker.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Err... Trollbabe, I think you're supposed to ask the next question...

But until then, if it's okay, I'll answer an earlier one:

Multi-Facets wrote:
OR
(No worries if it's a same-sex relationship.)

Kahvi! It would be a Cutter-and-Skywise style reaction, so no kids. Guess I'm a lot like Ember in that regard.
Besides, Rayek just seems too controlling to me.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 1:21 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Err... Trollbabe, I think you're supposed to ask the next question...

Yeah, 'fraid so. But if a player can't think of one, that's cool. ^n_n^

Redhead Ember wrote:
Besides, Rayek just seems too controlling to me.

Me too. I'd say trying to forbid Leetah to go heal Redlance is a very, very good indication of that.

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather: ElfQuest.   Would you rather: ElfQuest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you rather: ElfQuest.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next