Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:22 am

@katcombs  Wow thank you for the wavedancer inspiration!! You're so kind 💖💖

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 am

Here is my gift for you Vaeri: Vaeri as a little one! She's the best dancer in the village! 😉😘

FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Square22

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 am

I also want to draw the other self elves as little ones...maybe a group picture where they all play together? Do you prefer wavedancer version? Or better in the woods?...😄😋😋

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 am

Embala wrote:
Lurks. Very Happy Adores. I love you Dreams.

Thank you for the beauty. For the love and the gifts.

Thank you for the love Embala  I love you🙏

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Ohhhh my gooosh this is too adorable!!! Little Vaeri!!<3 she doesn't much like dancing as an adult...but i could imagine as a carefree child before she found her serenity in age, she'd be quite energetic! And such fun background characters to color!

A group child picture would be wonderful! Personally in my head, i can see them frolicking and splashing each other either in a lovely gentle beach or lake shore. But i'm going to love seeing any picture you draw!^^
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:04 am

Yayyy happy you like it my dear and can't wait to see your colored version! 💜🙆🏻‍�😍 No pressure though. Take your time.

Thank you for the inspo for the little ones group picture! 😄🙏🙏

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 2:47 pm

yuuup, i'm gonna have to take my time with it, cause man has this contest design captured all my attention and creativity! it's something to sink my fangs into, haha.

more inspiration: maybe they could be playing taal in the forest. i imagine Vaeri would be pretty bad at it, and maybe cry a little....XD
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 am

Take all the time you need...it's all for fun! 🙆🏻💜

Ahh thanks for more inspo! What a cute scene! Now I imagine...

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Well maybe Vaeri would get a tag or two in if she's not walking on leaves...she CAN be quiet, just not Wolfrider quiet. Or if she'd waiting in a bush for them. Lol

Oh i know! Prayer and Embala don't wear makeup and Vaeri is a Sun Folk...perhaps she'd get into her mother's makeup and have an impromptu makeover session...lol. with perhaps not the best results cause kids, am i right?
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 4:53 am

You have the cutest ideas! I often wondered how the elves make diy Make-up^^ . I would love to draw such a scene when I have time for drawing again 😃💜

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 9:47 am

*giggle* I can see Tywaves stealing Tynami's makeup since she very rarely wears any. That little minx would do it in a heartbeat! Good stuff too, doesn't wash off in the water. Would be fun seeing youngsters and adults messing around, hehe. Wish I could draw better, I'd try it.

FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s166FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s168FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s167FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Ohhh the things i research...lol i've long been in love with Ancient Egyptology and mythology, which led to learning about other ancient cultures.

Not as in depth as i'd like but a good start. http://www.historyofcosmetics.net/cosmetics-facts/cosmetics-ingredients/

Makeup can be made from roots, berries, BUGS, fruit, minerals and metals. Elves definitely have bees wax available as we hear a fairly consistent reference to them and bees/honey.

The desert may have a lower variety but it would still be all there and easily achievable. Look to the clothing colors they have and it showcases what colors they can achieve.

Hmm..would this make a good thread..?
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 am

Wow that's amazing DIY inspo, thank you so much for the link! Personally I would love such a thread.  cheers I love you

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am

Vaeri wrote:

ya know funny enough, Vaeri is not much like me! in terms of appearance, we're very different...but she embodies some things i love. gold eyes, she's a seamstress, and the color teal and transparent fabrics.

but if you're really curious...

Vaeri's Story:

and that's Vaeri's overall original story. as i said, some details i really wanna change like names and appearances, and some details i just never totally figured out...XD but my friend did design an elf self who is very much like me, in that she looks and acts a lot like me! she's a Gliding Dragonrider!!! i suppose i ought to ink and color her myself, she's been a sketch far too long...XD

https://amethystsadachbia.deviantart.com/art/Fairbreeze-design-sketch-471767903

Your beautiful and in depth description of Vaeri inspired me to also share a background about Prayer. The difference is that unlike your alternative EQ universe my self elf would be in an EQ universe where everything happened like in the canon story, but with several characters added without changing the major story arc.. I wrote in the "Who's Who" style of Elfquest.com which I find nice and compact, with soul name, wolfriends names, relations etc. which I find interesting to know about elves. Could you maybe share this information about Vaeri as well? I'd love to know more... I love you   I love you bounce cheers Also I would love to know more background about the other inspiring elf selves in this forum! I love you flower Everyone is invited to share the background of his or her personal self elf or other non-canon elves. 

PRAYER

HEALER, FLESH-SHAPER, GATHERER, OCARINA-PLAYER

PRONUNCIATION
PRAY-err (rhymes with STAY-her)

SOUL NAME
Fen (rhymes with ten)

RELATIONS
Daughter of Hunthowl and Darkrose
Sister of Brightlake and Windfast
Lifemate of Strongshield
Mother of Breeze and Lucah
Student of Leetah

WOLFFRIENDS
Goldeneyes, Lightfur 

Prayer is a gentle, reserved half Sun Folk, half Wolfrider, born in a Wolfrider tribe. She is feeling at home in the woods, although more drawn to daylight than most Wolfriders. She developed strong healing powers and the ability to shield people from harm with an invisible shield in their moment of danger even from kilometres away just by feeling their energy.  She was given a new name by her tribe for her long, silent meditations in prayer for which she seeks solitude on highest trees of the forest. Her original name was Tiah. She doesn't believe in violence and hatred but is a nurturer at heart, ever hoping that peace will prevail. Leetah is her mentor in developing her healing and shape shifting abilities although Leetah warns her about the dangers of abusing one's powers like Winnowill did. 

She recognized Strongshield who is in many ways her opposite in character; a warrior, brooding and extremely serious yet fiercely protective of his loved ones using sword and shield during combat. They have recognized two times and borne two sons, Breeze and Lucah. She loves playing the ocarina as a lullaby for her children or harmonies with Redlance who plays the flute.

After giving birth she developed her Healer-given flesh-shaping abilities and likes to shapeshift into either a wavedancer or grows herself big, white wings out of her back with ,,feathers” which are each harder like bird’s feathers, made of thinnest layers of translucent keratin protein from her own body. She needs several hours for shape-shifting herself. With her winged form she feels like her dream “to be as near to the sky as possible" came true although and she ultimately chooses to stay in this form unless a situation forces her to change. 

Often times she accompanies her close friend Shenshen and visits the humans with her to heal the “sick and crippled”. Moreover she is saving human babies who are in danger or in a wrong position in the womb, and human mothers who would have otherwise died during giving birth without healing intervention. Since then, the humans use to call her “Angel of Healing”. She doesn't speak much to the humans though as she is very shy and especially stays away from big crowds.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Still not the leisure time I'd love to spend in our Holt and interact in the threads.

First post is Embala's "character sheet" as far as ElfQuest is concerned. A bit too unusual to be listed "Who's Who" style. ^^ But I might try somewhen. You can also find a cryptic story about her alter ego Merbala ... and some more info if you have the patience to read on.

Your "Angel of Healing" reminded me of something, Fairyring. Look at the last panel of this page or here and there too.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 am

Thank you for the link to Embala awesomeness, Embala. 💖 She truly is unique and somewhat idiosyncratic- even for an elf, otherworldly. She is so enchanting to me. I love her.

The pages with the human cubs are lovely. It is sweet that my self elf evokes related scenes in you. Thank you for putting the links here. When I see human cubs in EQ I am reminded of my favourite story in the whole EQ Saga: "Little Patch."

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am

You know this human cub, Fairyring. Smile He's Khorbasi, Yun's adoptive son.
It was easy to think of him - he holds an angel statuette that could easily picture your "Angel of Healing". I love you

Embala is like katcomb's Change - always adepting, always changing, fond of variance. She can live on many worlds in many universes. Thank you for the love. Very Happy I love you

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

Yes, I know him. And the angel statuette is really lovely...I like how it is drawn. 💜 It is an exquisite drawing, very idealistic. Sweet of you to compare it with Prayers winged form. You are right, they have a kind of resemblance because Prayer has also "angel wings" out of her back, not like Tyldak or Windkin out of their arms.

I need to see katcombs Change now. A fitting and purist name for a shapeshifter. Or an elf who feels at home in many universes...it needs a vast imagination to think of such a life. My self elf would like to stick to nature of Abode, like Cutter. But maybe more experimental in terms of exploring the depths of the ocean and the heights of the sky.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am

Love reading everyones bios!! Change and Tynami's bios are on their Toyhouse, but their early bios are http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=77.0 I still need to update the Toyhouse

https://toyhou.se/1575272.tynami (old me)
https://toyhou.se/1576492.change (current me), waaaay to late to change Change's hair to brown
https://toyhou.se/1575332.liandra (actual me)

FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s166FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s168FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s167FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:44 am

Wow, thank you for the links,  katcombs! 💖 It is a great update for me to see your current self elf Change 💜and your actual self elf (in terms of real looks in real life I guess?) Liandra 💙

They are all awesome!  cheers So if I did a fanart of your self elf here, would you prefer me to draw Change? Because you say "current "? Little bit confused here. ^^

I think the first link to the Elfquest fanart page is amazing and really inspiring! I enjoyed to see many  other self elves smiling at me and read about their unique characteristics.  EQ really is inviting for fans to create such gems. It sparks creativity sunny study

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

I do adore Tynami the most, but as of June I started thinking of me as Change, not Tynami. I guess I just outgrew her. The problem I'm running into now is I've been Tynami a LOOOOONG time and I don't think I'll be able to change over to the Change persona. I really want to, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I do change alot and am usually very random, lol. Liandra is who I look like, but she's just a background character. One thing I like about Change is she has a lot of looks and sometimes does appear with the 'Brill' type fins. 

I guess I'll only be Change when I'm paired with Nightflash.

The eqfanart page is where I got alot of the pics for my original pixel set. One of these days I'll repost and update it. I should make a thread for them, kinda like Embala's icons/banners.

Right now I'm editing Tynami's info, but Change will be next. Liandra doesn't really have any actual info yet.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 am

Thank you for explaining. It is inspiring to hear about the workings of multiple self elves. It sounds fun to switch between characters-why not? Everything is possible 💜💙 I love Tynami most

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 am

Tynami's bio is updated now with some new info, since I took out StormCurrent and Rhymer i forgot to change her background a bit. All fixed now. Change's info i got stuck in the middle so it's saved mid-edit.. 

I do tend to switch between characters alot, I guess... here I'm Tynami, with my hubby I'm Change, over on the microhero board and most other places I'm Kat... it's so much fun to be someone else and not always the same. Guess that's why I started as Change and Lisa Amai (pronounced Am-I), always changing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 am

That you have multiple characters is adorable! Thank you for sharing. It is excited to know that there are still people out there who have a fire for all things elf selves, regarding original character developments and artworks, dolls creation etc ..

Yayyy, so happy you are still TYNAMI here 😃😘💖I love you💖I love you

What I adore about Tynamis description is that she likes to mimic birds and is even followed by them as well as a seagull! How cool is that! I would have never guessed she is afraid of sharks...but hey, they are sharks! Who isn't afraid of them? ^^ It is sweet that she is never seen with a frown but smiling or giggling. What a sunny personality! 🌞
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 am

Gift for katcombs: Change & Nightflash I love you
Hope you like it 😊

FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Square29

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   FFDEF2 - Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next