Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud

Go down 
+40
Sorandril [BANNED]
Yeee
Thorn
Shadowpath
Prayer
BlueCoyote
Beryl
Cleopatra
Multi-Facets
IceTooth
Trollbabe
Wiseshaman
Evil Evie
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
manga
Nibblet
Vaeri
Stormcatcher
Sifra
Zadzi
Outlier
Bluetree
PCoquelin
Embala
Leanan
faeriegirl
Miss Gillespie
wolfmoonsky
Elwing
Blackbird
TrollHammer
Tenderfoot
Tam
ErinC1978
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
Rainflower
Kojiyumi
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 12:22 pm

I thought the purpose of this thread was that people could share their deepest thoughts and feelings without being judged?

As Tyldak once said: "I cannot respond in kind". Tyldak
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Thank you, Icetooth.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 10:20 am

How nice that you and your family members are not disabled. Good idea to make the workplace less accessible for your convenience.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:13 am

Geez, I would love for my workplace to make things easier for me to do my job, but no. I have to jump through hoops to get what I need. I can't change the resolution on my comp. I T has to do that. I do have a magnifying screen. They still can't get a amp to work with my phone. I still have to work at a awkward angle, when I have to put my leg up. Companies have a long way to go with reasonable accommodations.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Only I'd be goofy enough to still be freezing cold in 80+ heat... where's my jacket and fluffy socks!

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s166Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s168Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s167Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:12 pm

We're divided almost down the middle. Every person has someone in their circle of friends, family or maybe even their life partner who voted differently than they do. That's a good thing. As I was thinking a few days ago - whomever wins, be kind and gracious to those on the other side. They are still your friends and family and we shouldn't let our government have any say in how we feel about and treat each other.

Well that's what I was thinking and hoping people would do. But one look on FB this morning and that certainly isn't the case. Regardless of the outcome of this election, let's at least try to look past our differences. I was depressed for days after the results of our last election. But then I decided to look past my fear and anger and went out of my way to listen to what people had to say who thought differently than I did. It took time, but eventually I realized they weren't bad people and we actually had some things in common. And I became a much better person after listening and getting to know them.

And that is what I will do again. I love you
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 2:11 am

IceTooth wrote:
We're divided almost down the middle. Every person has someone in their circle of friends, family or maybe even their life partner who voted differently than they do. That's a good thing. As I was thinking a few days ago - whomever wins, be kind and gracious to those on the other side.

People are being as kind and gracious to the Trump voters as the Trump voters were to them in 2016.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Icetooth, I believe some people are looking for reasons to feel superior to others.

When discouraged from judging other by their race, religion, culture, gender or sexuality, they resort to judging others by their political persuasions. Of course, it's easier to shout and jeer at each other across the electronic gap.

It's constructive and rewarding to form positive relationships with people whose beliefs are different from, or even counter to our own. Journalists do this all the time.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 3:39 am

I agree with you fully, Trollbabe. We're not going to get anywhere as a society by degrading each other for having a different belief. My wife voted opposite of me in this election but we don't let that affect how we feel about each other. In fact I think when you spend too much time around people who think the same way as you it is very self limiting.

I have friends and family on both sides. I see their differences, and their similarities. And I find when I listen more and judge less, I find that is much easier to reach an understanding even with someone I disagree with.
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 5:21 am

We had an administration that:

1) Ignored the coronavirus while knowing it was deadly and lying about it
2) Decided COVID would be a good thing politically because it would only affect blue states and kill off Democratic voters
3) Condoned the plot to kidnap and kill a Democratic governor
4) Announced months ahead of time that if it lost, the election was rigged.
5) Slowed down the USPS in order to disenfranchise people voting with absentee and mail-in ballots
6) Sent in unmarked federal troops against US citizens.
7) Admitted they couldn't reunite 545 children separated from their parents because they couldn't find them.

It's not a matter of "thinking differently." It's a matter of deciding whether or not one believed in the principles of the US and its democracy.

People who voted for Trump said outright they don't believe in those principles anymore. They should feel bad about it.

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi

Just want to say that I value everyone's opinions and they are most welcomed, but if a political discussion is desired, please make a separate thread for it so this one can stay "on topic" as "Things you wouldn't dare say out loud"

Maybe the previous posts were meant to be for that, but I'm just mentioning this now to bring it to attention

Thank you! Have an awesome day!!
Very Happy

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Santa_10Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Downlo23Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Av_cut10Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Thank you Kindredsoul

Something I dare not say aloud, 'It looks like rain!' cause if I say it aloud it won't rain...

My yard is so dead...

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s166Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s168Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s167Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Dear young lady on mobility scooter.
I fully understand that you need it to get around, and that the bike lane probably is the right place for you to be, but... maybe don't wear earphones.
Actually, the "don't wear earphones" thing can be said about a lot of cyclists.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Dear brother, you can be the nicest and most obliging guy by far.
But - you are a spoilt, self-centered egoist. Seriously.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Tynami wrote:
Thank you Kindredsoul

Something I dare not say aloud, 'It looks like rain!' cause if I say it aloud it won't rain...

My yard is so dead...

Meanwhile, Florida is drowning

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 8:58 pm

"for a supposedly intelligent person, you sure are dumb. Just follow the rules, it's not rocket science"

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 10:58 pm

Nibblet wrote:
"for a supposedly intelligent person, you sure are dumb. Just follow the rules, it's not rocket science"

I do wonder what those who do rocket science say, to insult one another's intelligence...

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:07 pm

Probably something about not being the brightest spark in the sky.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:38 pm

Tymber wrote:
Nibblet wrote:

I do wonder what those who do rocket science say, to insult one another's intelligence...

Im being semi silly, but it depends on what part of rocket science you are talmng about. "Rocket Science" isnt all that hard anymore. CG ahead of center of drag (which there are built in or online calculators for, or just tie it on a string where it balances if you're in school), thrust on center with CG and center of drag (unless you want to go in circles). Its all pretty basic, and if something needs calculated theres a formula or calculator app for it. Not much thinking required.

Plotting courses and mission budgets, now thats a whole other story.... But still, most of the thinking is done by computer, so I dunno. Maybe the rocket scientists refer to coming up with good standard insults as hard when throwing an insult?

Personally, what I wouldn't say out loud... No, I would, and will if I ever run into one... I think automotive engineers shouldnt be able to sign off on a design unless they have worked on their creation with only a worn set of wrenches to include the 10mm socket missing, the 10mm open end wrench sprung (due to trying to bleed brakes after 100k miles), a 1/2" wrench instead of a 13mm when you need metric, a 14mm socket instead of a 9/16" (for those times when you really needed SAE), torx bits instead of either a metric or standard set of hex keys, and the T12 s twisted off, a PH0, a worn out PH1, and a brand new PH3 Phillips but no PH2. Also included is a pair of discount slip jaw pliers from harbor frieght, and a brandless pair of 4" vicegrip. The mechanic cannot be considered to be successful unless he can change the oil, the brake pads, bleed the brakes, change the O2 sensor, the crankshaft position sensor, water pump and the radiator. The oil filter will have been pre-overtightened 4500 miles ago and the O2 sensor has not been changed in 100k miles. The engineer must complete the tune up with new plugs, wires, etc, and each task must be completed on gravel, in rain, snow, cold, 9PM, sun, and heat (but not on a weekend in 70 deg F dry weather). Each type of maintenance must be performed between the periods of (auto parts store just closed) and (have to be on time to work in the morning).

Only then will I refrain from screaming in the face of the first automotive engineer I meet.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:41 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Nibblet wrote:
Im being semi silly, but it depends on what part of rocket science you are talmng about. "Rocket Science" isnt all that hard anymore.

Have you seen the way they do new math?

I never mastered OLD math.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 1:11 am

Tymber wrote:
TrollHammer wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Nibblet wrote:
Im being semi silly, but it depends on what part of rocket science you are talmng about. "Rocket Science" isnt all that hard anymore.

Have you seen the way they do new math?

I never mastered OLD math.

I have two elementary kids and a wife that works in a school... So, no, I dont understand how the do new math.... I didnt understand what rhey ment by "new math" back when they referred to it back in the 80s on the Cosby show... And I was supposedly learning it at the time... Supposedly... Erm... And I find it funny when they double the 5s when they try to fit 1-9 into a ten frame...or try to flip it and put 0-10 in a ten frame... I could go on... And on... And on...
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 pm

The things I don't say out loud are praise and thanks to the One Who holds us both in His mighty hands.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 3:00 am

You are a lying, dishonest, nastybad piece of doo-doo. We worked together for years and I thought I could trust you, but when you got promoted to management it really went to your head. Giving me that bad review with no explanation was complete and utter BS and you know it! You and your band of idiot managers were working us like dogs and demoting a bunch of hard working people and reducing their salaries was pretty damn heartless.

But guess what? It made me so angry that I decided to work harder and smarter on my job search. And now I'm moving on and I have you to thank for that. Thank you for inspiring me to better myself and put you and your dysfunctional company in the rear view mirror!

P.S. Kiss my ass!  2 2 2
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 am

There's an old saying, "A bad boss is good for your career."

I still wonder why people want someone they hate to perform such an intimate sexual act upon them, though... Very Happy

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 3:24 am

Sigh. Some days I can't tell the difference between depression and laziness when you put such little effort into things. As someone who was once crippled by mental illness and overcame it by working hard on my own bad habits and poor life choices I see you making impulsive decisions that are just going to make things worse in the long run.

I wouldn't be wondering all this if I didn't see you put so much time and effort into habits that are not very productive and at times quite selfish. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Things you wouldn't dare say out loud - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: