Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

What are you wondering now? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Shadowpath wrote:
Wondering why I can't get into the chat box suddenly.
Hmmr. It's doing it again.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Clear cache in case refresh doesn't help? ... It's a problem I had myself then and now in the past.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 pm

Embala wrote:
Clear cache in case refresh doesn't help? ... It's a problem I had myself then and now in the past.
Logging out and in works too.

Relena

Relena

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 am

I'm wondering if I should bother writing an ElfQuest fanfiction. I mean, god I have so many stupid fanfictions going on, I'll be lucky if I finish even one in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Might liven up the place if you do! =D I say go for it.

I'm wondering how many healers the Timeless would have at the time my comic takes place.
Not counting the one canon character I've abducted and the Sun Folk healer who just found them I know there's two three. Merheen, his daughter Khistal and Jirora.
*Goes to look though papers*

Relena

Relena

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 4:06 am

Wounder why Rayek couldn't/didn't go back in time to the first high ones? Was it just not possible or did he simply mess up?

Oh yeah, and if Wendi Pinni ever takes commissions and how to go about the request if she does.
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 6:57 am

Everything following is as far as I remember. "Lately" Wendy Pini would hardly take commissions on conventions. I think it was something with people asking her to draw some char. on a paper, but later sold it on ebay. Also her not-on-convention prices were quite high. Furthermore she might be short on time.

Rayek: I thought he decided not to. I'd have to look up the scene in my comics or online and give you a link but even Ekuar wanted to stay. Then all the elves of the present stood there (exception him & Venka), opposite side of the water, and only he was there, with all his plans to save the ancient High Ones (that sent the cry) and prevent the things that followed. Venka stood besides him and told him she was raised to stop him but wanted it to be his decision. With a good amount of grief he let go of his plan to save elfkind via that route - because it was possible (likely?) that this step would maybe save the High Ones of the past but wipe out the current elves.
Back to top Go down
Relena

Relena

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 7:40 am

I could see how she would get pissed about someone selling something she made for them on ebay. Mark Hammel got mad about the same thing not to long ago if I recall. Is there a way to email and ask her about pricing? Or Should I ever bother? I mean, I don't know the likelihood of a response.

So I just reread 'King of the Broken Wheel' twice and I'm still confused about Rayek's explanation. So, time was circling in on itself and he sent the palace 500 years into the future too.... meat the high ones? Or, he had to send it 500 years into the future so he could send it back to the right time in the past? scratch

Also, what the hell was the point of that anyway? Doesn't the scroll say that each color/thread/timeline exist and is equally true? So doesn't that mean that mean that there are multiple parallel dimensions where all of those threads are a reality? And if that's true, then there will always be a timeline/universe where the trolls revolted against the high ones and stranded them them there. He would only be saving them in one reality if he didn't completely destroy that reality first with his stupid time shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm

*Headdesk* I'm wondering what to draaaaaw

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 am

Relena wrote:
So I just reread 'King of the Broken Wheel' twice and I'm still confused about Rayek's explanation. So, time was circling in on itself and he sent the palace 500 years into the future too.... meat the high ones? Or, he had to send it 500 years into the future so he could send it back to the right time in the past? scratch

Also, what the hell was the point of that anyway? Doesn't the scroll say that each color/thread/timeline exist and is equally true? So doesn't that mean that mean that there are multiple parallel dimensions where all of those threads are a reality? And if that's true, then there will always be a timeline/universe where the trolls revolted against the high ones and stranded them them there. He would only be saving them in one reality if he didn't completely destroy that reality first with his stupid time shenanigans.

I'll try to answer the second question first. More likely - make sense of it from my pov.
You are right - from what we know now, what Timmain shared about the Scrolls showing the future, there's an infinite number of possible futures that can come true. Or ... will come true in infinite parrallel universes. This way Rayek would not be able to rally change something - like you've pointed out.

But - has Rayek really understood the Scroll of colors to this depth? He has studied them for only a few years and without an experianced mentor. He was like a first-grader in the university library (or the www ^^).
  • Maybe he's only seen the past - where the Palace crashed - and that small glimpse of future that has already happened in that timeline?
  • Or ... he has noticed the other future threads ... without realizing that they will also come true in another reality?
  • Or ... he actually understood - but he was focussed on changing his reality only? "Repairing" the timeline he lived in and changing his fate this way?

Rayek's "time circle" is not hard to understand for me (as far as time travel can be easily understood at all XD).
When the Coneheads prepared to visit Abode they expected to land in a "medival" period of this world. Then the Trolls rebelled, destroyed the cocoons and kinda ripped the concentration of the navigators in the process. The Palace derailed in time and crashed 20,000 years in the past - the prehistoric period of Abode.

Give or take 10,000 years passed - the Wolfriders and the other tribes developed - before Rayek picked up "the cry" and decided to come to the High Ones' rescue.
To prevent the accident and warn the Coneheads of the upcoming rebellion he had to be there before it happened. He had to meet them where it originally started - from his point in time another 10,000 years in the future (10 millennia not 500 years).
That's where he moved the (his) Palace - about 10,000 years forward to the medival aera where everything started. And here he waited for the original arrival of the Palace - to "melt" them.

This way he planned to stop the rebellion, avoid the crash and save the High Ones. The Palace would have never fallen into the past - the Wolfriders, Sunfolk, Gliders and each other tribes would never have developed. Don't existed anymore. Never have existed. No plan nor need to bring the Palace "back inot the past" for any reason. The High Ones probably would not even visit the medival Abode because - 1. they would know now that there were no others of their kind and - 2. they would be warned about the magic-weakening aura of Abode.

Only Rayek (and everyone else who's in the Palace) would survive when the two manifestations of the Paleces will fuse. That's why he wanted Leetah, her kids, Ekuar, Winnowill and the Sunfolk with im according to his plans.
Now - he ended up with Venka only ... and stepped back from his plan. Or simply missed the right time to achieve it.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Relena wrote:

Also, what the hell was the point of that anyway?
I always read that whole plot as Rayek wanting to save the High Ones from the crash, from the pain and death, mainly to get praise for having the power to do so, so he could be among what he'd consider his equals.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:01 am

I am wondering if Red recently acquired more banana friends.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 am

Are you referring to the Red's Section under the emoticon-header? That's been there for a while, I blame Nibblet for that one!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 am

I feel there's some new ones in there. I don't remember there being that many a few weeks ago. 60 59 56 like these ones for example.

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:29 am

They've always been there. I haven't added any new ones for about a year now. Maybe they were just hiding

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Børge and friends are sneaky! 15

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 2:21 am

Where has sleep gone? I wonder
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 am

Can a cat catch a common cold?

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:55 am

My cat has before. I hope your cat isn't sick but if so watch out for boogers!

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:10 am

I'm wondering what's going to happen to our health care now under the Trump administration. Worrying.

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 am

Ah, right. Today.
Not sure if this is "wondering" but rather "being afraid" or "worried" what will happen. I see there is a big tension and different expectations about this event and person - within the United States as well as everywhere else.
I am worried about the progress in terms of environmental protection (the little, tender plant that just started to grow its first leaves) that slowly got up to speed under Obama, the little improvements in terms of democray and equal rights, the health care and so on...
I wonder if something might escalate today.
I do hope Trump get some sense into him. (Though he hasn't shown much of that in the past - and Southpark drew a nice mirror-of-society-image...)

But it is sometimes similar in other countries: The sheep get to choose their own butcher.

(for the record: If I was an USA citizen I would have voted neither Clinton nor Trump. Rather Sanders or Stein or someone else being a bit more reasonable.)
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am

Called a client this morning, and he said, "Hey, I'm in a meeting right now, could you call back?"

If he really was in a meeting, why did he answer his phone?

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I wonder that too sometimes... but the one I hear first is I'm at work and can't talk. Why answer?!?!

What I wonder is why do people think if you're turning right at a stop light or stop sign you don't have to stop? I can't tell you how many times I've nearly got hit just in the last month.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:54 pm

My "favourite" variant of that is when there's a special right-turn arrow, and people in the right-turn lane proceeds to completely ignore the arrow. Then, as soon as it turns green for the people going straight ahead, they start turning, blocking my path.

What I'm wondering is this:
When you get into a bus that's virtually empty, why would you actively sit down next to someone? I thought it was one of the unwritten rules of society that you don't sit down next to people if you can avoid it...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 5:11 pm

*Cries hysteric tears* I'm wondering why my muse can have a better recollection of where I put my eq drawings than I do.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 13 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: