Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Your partience and eagerness is amazing, Icetooth. Like Congrats!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:40 pm

When the Harry Potter books were published, my mother read the first four, and persuaded me to read them as well. I got through the first three before the first movie came out (Halloween 2001.) I wasn't that impressed with the writing.

Mom and I were going to see "Sorcerer's Stone" together, but she died suddenly just days before its release. Her books were lost in the shuffle of moving Dad and selling the house. I eventually saw all the movies with Trollhubby.

Having limited Internet access for a week or two, I have instead been wasting my time watching the whole series of movies on my old laptop. I have several questions about it, some of which Trollhubby was able to answer.

(SPOILER ALERT)

First, how did everybody graduate after the school was demolished? Did they take classes online and have a virtual graduation ceremony?

Second, did it ever occur to Professor Snapes that Harry was attending Hogwarts because his parents left him a big pile of money? In other words, did Snapes realize that the late James Potter was actually paying his salary?

Third, how was Hogwarts accredited? Schools have to meet standards in order to issue diplomas. It got to be pretty questionable at times. (I assume that Harry attended a British public school up to age ten, and had to transfer to Hogwarts so that the Dursleys didn't get investigated for truancy. Then again, Social Services didn't seem to take much notice of the Privet Drive household.)

Fourth, how much was the liability insurance? (Okay, this is England and I am talking American here.) It's expensive to send your son or daughter to a private boarding school for seven years. You kind of expect them to come home alive.

Fifth, speaking of which, did they have any kind of minority scholarships? I counted giants, goblins, centaurs, elves and spiders as intelligent forms of life. Yet only two giants seem to be involved at all in the Hogwarts community. (Don't get me started on minority humans in the movie cast.)

Finally, why does Draco send his kid to a school that his parents, the child's grandparents, help turn into a pile of Gothic rubble? {Tradition, says Trollhubby, compels him to send his child to the same school.}

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Trollbabe wrote:
First, how did everybody graduate after the school was demolished? Did they take classes online and have a virtual graduation ceremony?

After the battle? I think they used some magic to fix it.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Trollbabe wrote:
Fourth, how much was the liability insurance? (Okay, this is England and I am talking American here.) It's expensive to send your son or daughter to a private boarding school for seven years. You kind of expect them to come home alive.

Dumbledore: "Welcome to Hogwarts school of wizardry and witchcraft. The place i assure you is safe for children and has absolutely no history that might threaten our entire existence !  lol! Nooooooo, not at all.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Snape blasting Voldemort in the head reminds me of how "Wizards" ended
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Then there's the anti-bullying policy: "Victims of harassment will spend the afterlife confined to a dreary public lavatory."

Of course, even with all the tuition that Hogwarts is raking in, the student bathrooms haven't been upgraded since World War II. I wonder if the faculty bathrooms are just as ancient and non-accessible.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 12:17 am

Not the best place, but.... The President is a complete moron. Seriously to suggest to vote twice. That is a felony in every state. The man has lost his mind completely.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:30 am

If I lived over there, I would seriously consider mooving if he gets four new years. Darn, how can people even reconsider? I fear for the whole planet.

Also, WHY am I the only one on the train with a mask🙄???
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Just my perspective, and I try to stay out of politics. Trump won because his opponent failed to appeal to the working class. This year the Democrats have a candidate who would have been a logical choice in 2016. So I don't see Trump winning this year.

But I respect anyone who votes for any party. If people can't vote, they can campaign, petition, call, write, and sign up other people to vote. Even kids can do this.

Not only do I see plenty of people without masks, but some of them cough.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 7:07 pm

How I got so far down the fantasy pin rabbit hole. XD

What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
How I got so far down the fantasy pin rabbit hole. XD

Feels like the whole world has fallen down the rabbit hole lately.... 'we're all mad here'. I was nuts before all this, lol.

Right now I'm wondering if I should put my Disney ponies in the entries for Emmalina, my Kingdom Hearts characters, who I try to have entries in all Disney worlds... seems a good way to share them.
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Wondering why I'm still seeing ghosts when it's almost Thanksgiving...

What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Kat-s166What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Kat-s168What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Kat-s167What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Kat-s169 Av by Rainthorwen!
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:28 pm

XD ... probably the upcoming Spirit of Christmas? Wink

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 7:24 pm

I wonder when my computer will connect again. Reading and writing on a smartphone is REALLY tedious..

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 10:14 am

I wonder why my mother sent me a Christmas card. It's not even december yet...

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:10 pm

I'm wondering why the German language uses the same words for feminine pronouns, plural pronouns and two levels of formal ("Sie, Ihr|Ihre, Ihre|Ihrer|Ihrem|Ihren, Ihr|Ihren|Ihre") and reverential ("Ihr, Euer|Eure, Eurem|Eurer|Euren, Euer|Eure|Euren"... whew, done?) second person pronouns

Linguism would have an answer but I don't care enough to research it
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi Anjune, the german language is difficult in the beginning, later it becomes easier to learn because there are clear rules and a logical system (a British man once told me).
The difference is:
"Sie / ihr": you are talking to a stranger or your boss etc..
"Ihr / Eure " The adressed person is of royal stand. E.g. "Eure Hoheit" means: your Highness (is not used anymore, because we've got rid of royals , grin).

Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Heh. I know what they mean -- it's my native language...

It's the words' history I was mulling over. Why use the same word for "she" and "they" and "[formal] you"? How did that originally happen?

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Oh my Laughing , that's what you get when you specify your own location as "Subspace... anomalies". i will change my location too, let's see what I get out of it then. lol!
you write in english, cool, i am far away from that...

Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Wondering how, or if, to come out (to family) about yet another oddity. I don't enjoy the hiding -- and neither do I enjoy that I always seem to feel I need permission
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Good luck with that Anjune! I hope they will be nice. flower

I wonder what my guinea pig has. He's been less active all week. I'm afraid maybe he's ill. We'll take him to the vet in an hour.

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:31 pm

Good luck, Anjune! And remember that coming out is not always the right choice for everyone and there is nothing wrong with deciding not to do it, or to leave it for later. Hug

I hope your guinea pig feels better soon, Sifra.

Back to top Go down
Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Thanks, Sifra & Leanan.

I might wait until it becomes inevitable...
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:20 pm

*echoes Leanan* All good wishes for a good result whatever will be your choice, Anjune.

Good luck for you, your girl and the guinea pig, Sifra. *crossing fingers*

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 8:10 pm

How is people?
Glad to see you all btw...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 28 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: