Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

The Final Quest - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 5:27 am

Stargazer wrote:
Embala wrote:
Wendy posted a new teaser picture on FB ... and I suddenly had a weird idea.

What if ... the "alliance" Two-Edge is forming is an alliance with Mender?
What if ... the often mentioned same-sex couple will be Two-Edge and Mender?

I think he's more likely to be sulking because Venka's taken up with Mender.

Naah... he's just sulking because Venka has taken up with practically all the Go-Backs. Venka

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:29 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
Timmorn makes an appearance and kicks Djun ass then disappears again for another few thousand years

Da-end
lol! lol! lol! Drinking

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:58 am

Hehehe Two-Edge Not exactly a serius suggestion - this thought was so weird it was fun to throw it in! Like some of the commenters I think - and hope! - that Two-Edge is too hooked by Venka to take such a turn.

An alliance with the Ice-Trolls would be great. I'm not too fond of two-dimensional characters and wellcome when another Troll group would the the "made as enemies" corner.

And I like more fun and crazy suggestions, Miss Gillespie and Kin gave me a good giggle .

Multimedea

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Only the alpha wolves breed, so it's easy for the wolves to "breed out" the elf DNA. Scooter and Dewshine might have brought jackals with them as Wolf friends when they moved to thorny mountain. Teir's wolves are probably pure blooded. The Wolfriders did bring in pure wolves from time to time (Warfrost)

What Miss G said. Very Happy Only the alpha pairs in wolf packs mate (usually). Since Warfrost was alpha of Cutter's wolfpack for so long, and not-Hunt, and then the pack lived in the New World with other non-Hunt wolves for 500 years and then had the 10,000-year interlude, I'm pretty sure the Hunt-blooded have long since died out. There's likey only scraps of elf DNA floating around in Abode's wolf population now.

I think it was the Wolfrider's Guide that said Choplicker was the last of the Hunt wolves.

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Was Warfrost the alpha though? Was that ever stated?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

And does elf DNA works like ours? Or is it more "sticky"?

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't think it can be true that the elfblood has been bred out of the wolves because I don't think the elves could bond with pure wolves.

Remember, Warfrost was with Timmain. It's very possible he had elf blood too.

Or I seem to recall that he kind of tolerated Cutter but they didn't have the same, deep bond that is usual.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Embala wrote:
And does elf DNA works like ours? Or is it more "sticky"?

Hasn't Wendy repeatedly said that Elf DNA is not like ours? That's why cousins and what not can lay together and bare children with no defects.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:12 pm

(FWIW, half of the states in the USA permit first cousins to marry.  Restrictions vary from state to state.)

As far as Elf DNA being "sticky"... last time I hacked open an Elf, yeah, it was a mess. Twisted Evil

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:23 am

Presumably some Hunt wolves left with Two Spear's splinter tribe too. Although when the elves lost their wolf blood the bond was lost, there may be other wolves still around with elf blood, not just the wolfrider pack.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 8:20 am

There was always something weird about Blackfell, for example.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:47 am

i don't think so. i distinctly remember the chief's wolf was not always alpha. the wolf pack had its own dynamic going...which is kind of amusing in a way when you think about it. or at least when i think about it.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:50 am

Frankly, a lot of Wendy's wolf pack stuff came from some fairly outdated information, as far as I can tell, but you're correct in that the chief's wolf wasn't always leader of the pack, which could affect the tribal dynamics, too. It was part of what led to some of the tension between Strongbow and Cutter in the original quest.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:52 am

manga wrote:

Remember, Warfrost was with Timmain. It's very possible he had elf blood too.

Or I seem to recall that he kind of tolerated Cutter but they didn't have the same, deep bond that is usual.

I think he was traumatized. I had a dog like that once.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:51 pm

I don't think he was traumatized - though I guess he may well have been, we don't know how long he was down there - as much as plain wild.

Last edited by manga on Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:49 pm

I agree with Manga. The point was that Warfrost was just wild. I think Wendy was demonstrating the difference between a wild wolf and a Wolfrider wolf. The difference being that there is no natural bond.

I like that the pack had it's own thing going. Why wouldn't they?

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:59 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Frankly, a lot of Wendy's wolf pack stuff came from some fairly outdated information, as far as I can tell, but you're correct in that the chief's wolf wasn't always leader of the pack, which could affect the tribal dynamics, too. It was part of what led to some of the tension between Strongbow and Cutter in the original quest.

Wasn't Nightrunner the alpha? During the Zwoot stampede it says something like "he's still the pack leader" and later, after the twins are born he looses this position. But yes, most alphas are not the chief's mount.

I imagine that being an elf's wolf rather disrupts the pack dynamic than vice versa. What if Starjumper was alpha when Skywise chose to take him with when he went with Cutter? Or what about the position of Dewshine's or Scouter's wolven when they decided to stay in Sorrow's End? Or did the newly formed wolf packs have to recalibrate the pack order when Ember's tribe split?

Elf fiends can be jerks, too Wink (How knows, maybe Scouter's wolf was like: "sure, you're fine, but I'm not staying with you here. I'm going with the rest of the pack. Have a nice life Hungry Wolf
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. A lot of what people used to 'know' about wolf packs came from observing wolves in captivity. In the wild the dynamics of a pack are very different.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Would any one like to explain the details of these comments on how knowledge of wolves has changed on a different thread?
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
kathleen3.0 wrote:

Wasn't Nightrunner the alpha? During the Zwoot stampede it says something like "he's still the pack leader" and later, after the twins are born he looses this position. But yes, most alphas are not the chief's mount.

I imagine that being an elf's wolf rather disrupts the pack dynamic than vice versa. What if Starjumper was alpha when Skywise chose to take him with when he went with Cutter? Or what about the position of Dewshine's or Scouter's wolven when they decided to stay in Sorrow's End? Or did the newly formed wolf packs have to recalibrate the pack order when Ember's tribe split?

Elf fiends can be jerks, too  Wink (How knows, maybe Scouter's wolf was like: "sure, you're fine, but I'm not staying with you here. I'm going with the rest of the pack. Have a nice life Hungry Wolf

No, it's specifically stated in the novelization that Briersting challenging Nightrunner was part of Strongbow's impulse to butt heads with Cutter.
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Kathleen3.0 wrote:
No, it's specifically stated in the novelization that Briersting challenging Nightrunner was part of Strongbow's impulse to butt heads with Cutter.

My whole problem with some of these discussions is when people bring up what was said in the Novelizations. Not saying it is wrong or taking anything away from the people who post. The thing is I think that there are a whole lot of us out here who have never seen the novels much less read them. Sometimes I just look at the post and say "Where the heck did that come from" Cool

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Multimedea

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Soreyes wrote:
Kathleen3.0 wrote:

My whole problem with some of these discussions is when people bring up what was said in the Novelizations. Not saying it is wrong or taking anything away from the people who post. The thing is I think that there are a whole lot of us out here who have never seen the novels much less read them. Sometimes I just look at the post and say "Where the heck did that come from" Cool

Still, that doesn't make the information any less important, especially when the Pinis themselves were the ones who penned the novel.

It'd great if one day they uploaded all the novels and other extras to the official...maybe make it something really interactive like Pottermore.

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:08 pm

so maybe the wolves ARE very intelligent, and they get ideas from their elf friends..?

...oh wait i know! maybe the wolves are going to steal the palace! they've been developing ways to control it and building their society since they were locked in the palace during that first visit to Sorrows end!(when Tyleet was concieved)

....great, now i'm wondering what Tyleet would have been like, growing up in the sun village if Nightfall and Redlanced had stayed.....
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:38 am

Well, in HY1 Strongbow seemed to be a getting some ideas from his wolf-friend. In the end, after they were cured and the wolf (Lashpaw?) managed to get back into the pack and challenge for leader.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:08 am

manga wrote:
Would any one like to explain the details of these comments on how knowledge of wolves has changed on a different thread?

Here you go, Manga - https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t233-wolf-pack-dynamics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   The Final Quest - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 17 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next