Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)

Go down 
+24
Multi-Facets
Elwing
howler monkey
Sifra
Arthis
Lunakat
Zadzi
Shadowpath
kathleen3.0
Wisp
namuhna
Bluetree
manga
Redhead Ember
Embala
Davrille
Kindredsoul
wingthing
Startear
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Stargazer
Outlier
faeriegirl
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Prism

Prism

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:40 am

There's one picture on Facebook Group from this issue where he definitely looks stoned.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 am

This one? Yeah, I see that Laughing

Prism wrote:
All I know, from the few spoiler pictures I've seen is that Cutter seems to be tripping on something.

Oh, now I understand... you didn't mean spoiler pictures like the ones shown in the teaser video. You meant spoiler pictures from issue 16 which now pop up on Facebook... Sorry, I misunderstood.

namuhna

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am

Well since we're going into speculation... I don't think Timmain is going to die in childbirth, how would that even work?? She's a changeshaper, and an elf, who has given birth to half-wolves, she's not gonn a have any trouble giving birth to one tiny elf. And hasn't Wendy confimed that she wont talk about Jink that someone else is going to have to write that story? I honestly think Jink was mainly created as a teaser, a way for us to speculate, as a picture of the finished puzzle without all the pieces, and now it all comes together perfectly.

I personally speculate that Timmain will die in this story, by choice (cue grieving Skywise with the angst), Cutter will go with the palace and learn to change his shape as she did and then give birth to Jink, and obviously that is completely logical, yet reeeeally weird and I don't blame Wendy for not wanting to tell that particular story (i mean it's already freaky how Timmain mated with wolves and gave birth to Timmorn so it's totally in line with how elfquest is written so far, but still).

I also do not think that Strongbow will absolutely live, there are many alternatives that could explain why we see him in Futurequest, one of the simplest ones being that he's a spirit. Moonshade seems to have a gift for speaking with the dead, and her conjuring his spirit would make absolute sense to me. Though it would be funny if they actually became one, like Timmain and Tam will, and the shape we see in Futurequest is actually Moonshade shaped as Stronbow. But I'm also thinking he might be the spirit of Timmorn, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 12:28 pm

namuhna wrote:
There's this teaser image, I can't remember where it's from, where Cutter and Timmain is holding hands or somehting, and New Moon is unsheathed and Skywise is all sad in the background...

I just rewatched the teaser video. The picture you meant was this one from the video. (This is btw one of the last two scenes from the teaser we haven't yet seen in some way in FQ. The other one is the last picture in the video, where Strongbow and his wolf howl in front of the father tree, zooming to the palace... Another hint for me, that he is going to the palace to be with spirit Moonshade.)

Zadzi wrote:
I don't know, what if Wendy feels that killing her off would be like 'punishing' her for making choices, and being true to herself?

I don't think being dead and a spirit is seen as a punishment to some... Like the scene where  Sunstream, Brill, Korafay, Reef and Moonshade (!) talk about the couple in the cocoon and the elf who died on the way: "Then... she did succeed"!

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:
(I imagine he worries it would somehow get in the way of his hip-thrusts towards women?)
Wasn't his first instinct to run off when he saw Yun? Or was the danish version just being weird on that point? O_o
Shadowpath, you're awful lol. I just was reading this at a bar and nearly squirted rum out of my nostrils lol!

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Tumblr_inline_oesg4aEW6f1s6uavj_500

When it comes to Moonshade, if she is going to die it's going to be as punishment for going her own way. I imagine it would make the facebook group happy.

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
namuhna

namuhna

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 8:06 am

LurkingCat wrote:
namuhna wrote:
There's this teaser image, I can't remember where it's from, where Cutter and Timmain is holding hands or somehting, and New Moon is unsheathed and Skywise is all sad in the background...

I just rewatched the teaser video. The picture you meant was this one from the video. (This is btw one of the last two scenes from the teaser we haven't yet seen in some way in FQ. The other one is the last picture in the video, where Strongbow and his wolf howl in front of the father tree, zooming to the palace... Another hint for me, that he is going to the palace to be with spirit Moonshade.)

Oh there it is, thank you! To me it totally looks like Cutter is ready to use that sword.

So i see some people thinking Ember is going to die, and I think i've said before something along the lines of they do seem to want to make Jink that very special Mary-Sue and her being the only heir with potential wolfblood would really just make her that more special, but am I the only one that suspects Sunstream might die? He's kinda finished his lifes purpose, and he's got a child, and very often in many fictions those two things combined is pretty much a death sentence. (See also Chot and Krim and their dream, possibly also Moonbore) And if Moonshade is going to die, and "Cutter" and "Strongbow" are the only ones we see in the future, what does that say about everyone else in the palace? Nobody is ever safe (see various other dreamtimedreams), especially children.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 10:51 am

Cutter reminds me of Michael Jackson in this teaser pic, why? Shocked Hell, this one looks unnerving Shocked

I don't know, FiQu is supposed to be the climax of EQ, I want some more (real) drama and tragedy. All this ever stalled threat of the attacking war men (the threatliest threat ever to come down onto the elves) ugh. Maybe it's just me being awful, but I would kill off a lot more elves. So far, only two minor background characters have died (and let's be honest, close to no one ever cared for Krim). If I were Wendy, I would kill some Wolfriders (and not simply Treestump or Scouter), just to have the fans on the edge again.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 11:16 am

Yes, Wendy, do it like Shakespeare and kill them all off! Twisted Evil

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Someone should write a fanfic Elfquest/Game of Thrones crossover Twisted Evil

(But Elf-Death isn't so threatening/frightening anymore anyway. We know that there is an afterlife, plus the living and the dead can commune with each other.)

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Who would be which character?

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 1:55 am

I had a plan to write a "ElfQuest As Written by GRRM" fanfic at one point, basically do the entire Original Quest as if it were in Westeros. The Sun Folk are living down in Dorne, the Wolfriders are Starks fleeing the North because Winter is Coming, and the Gliders are the Targaryens hiding out at Dragonstone with their dragons. The Go-Backs, of course, are the Wildlings.

And yes, in truth Game of Thrones traditions, it would be horrific. Cutter would take Leetah as his captive bride with all the horrific implications that implies. He would think he had treated her honorably because he followed all the forms of Recogniton, and she would bear his children but secretly loathe him and plot bloody revenge with the exiled Rayek. Winnowill would decimate the Wolfriders with dragonfire, starting with Strongbow. The War for the Palace would have a ridiculously high mortality rate. Cutter and Rayek would violently murder each other on the steps of the Palace/King's Landing (Elf's Landing), Leetah would go mad and kill herself, and I believe li'l five-year-old Suntop would be the sole survivor, left all alone in the dead shell of the Palace with wolf-Timmain, staring at the corpses of his parents and twin sister, as snow falls steadily outside...

Couldn't really get in the mood to go that relentlessly bleak, though. Not even when it involves Cutter.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 2:28 pm

That sounds great, wingthing!
The duel between Cutter and Rayek would have to take place at the wedding, because in a Game of Thrones most casualties fall at weddings, right? Razz Can't Leetah become like Cercei, and just take the throne for herself once Cutter and Rayek are dead? I like that better than her dying dramatically.
I would have Winnowill (who would be Danearys?) comes storming in on her dragon and kills everybody and takes over. Winny can have a happy ending some time, and what's a better time than in a Game of Thrones fanfic?
Just brainstorming 'cause I'm bored/too lazy to do something useful.

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Sifra wrote:
Can't Leetah become like Cercei, and just take the throne for herself once Cutter and Rayek are dead? I like that better than her dying dramatically.
Sounds like a much better idea, honestly.

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Or it might be kind of fun to write the story of elfquest-- as it currently stands-- in different genres. Like-- Game of Thrones style-- or Detective Noir style-- or Dimestore Romance style-- Harry Potter style... Twilight Style... whatever floats your boat. It could be a fun challenge-- like... if someone throws out a style and then we all try to write a scene from Elfquest in that style of writing.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:55 pm

I just keep imagining Tyrion as Skywise, even though I love Tyrion and have never been a Skywise fan. But in another world, both of them merging together would make me like Skywise.

I definitely think Winnowill would be Cersei though. I cannot see Leetah as Cersei, she doesnt have half of Cersei or Winnowill's imagination. Of course Jaime would be Rayek and they have that whole incestuous twin thing. Which would make both of them related to Skywise which would really not work at all, but then it just might because he's so different. Their asshole dad, Tywin, would be Mantricker, who begins sleeping with Ruffel/Shay, just to spite Skywise/Tyrion. So of course Skywise has to take him out with a crossbow. Then he travels in secret with Aurek/Varys to meet the batshit but hot Targaryan queen, Timmain/Dany, who has dragons and feels dragons will fix everything (in this rendition, Dragons are the Palace).

Jon Snow would be Cutter, who knows nothing.

There aren't nearly enough elves to cover Game Of Thrones, especially considering how completely and utterly expendable every character in GRM's books are.

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Skywise is totally Tyrion. They are both the wisecracking, womanizing outsiders in their group.

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:23 pm

I remember that story notion, Wingthing! And some of these suggestions are amazing, Zadzi. Timmain-Dany is genius, and Skywise-Tyrion, and Winnie-Cersei/Rayek-Jaime... and even Cutter-Jon Snow is pretty cute, despite me loving Jon Snow and... not so much Cutter. Because he really does know nothing, in so many ways Very Happy

...why Mantricker as Tywin, though? That's the only connection that doesn't jump out at me.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks, Sungirl! I actually have NO idea about why I chose Mantricker as Tywin. There are zero elves as hard assed and militant and cold as Tywin. The ones who are hard asses are not as calculating. I thought because Mantricker was clever... but no, it doesn't work. I was even going to suggest Kahvi lol. But nope. Voll was too nice. Bearclaw was too up his own butt. Two-Spear was a lunatic (hey, he could be the mad king!).

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Zey?

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:34 pm

I thought about Zey! But I don't feel he's smart enough and he just comes off like a social climber type lol. I could see Zey as Janos Slynt.
And briefly considered Surge, even, as Tywin. Best I can do is Lehrigen without the redemption.

Also...whoa Shocked , I forgot that Jon Snow has Ghost, a white direwolf! That's kind of awesome as Cutter. Cutter totally became Jon Snow during KOtBW.

Last edited by Zadzi on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:39 pm

I love Two-Spear as the mad king, and Rayek and Winnowil as Jaime and Cercei!
Kahvi would be a wildling? So maybe a gender-bended Mance Raider? I could see her as Asha/Yara Greyjoy, too. Who would be Theon?
I'm wondering if we have enough evil and evil-like characters for this. Are there any Elfquest characters who are as despicable as Joffrey and Ramsey?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Then take a Trollking ... Winnie as a troll's (step)daughter. XD

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Sifra, I saw Kahvi as a wildling too! Yes, she could be Mance Raider. Although she seems more like a Tormund Giantsbane because of fiery temperament lol. She'd make a great Yara/Asha also.
Theon... hmmm. Two-Edge? I can't find anyone more tortured and broken/confused.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Yes, Two-Edge would be a good Theon!

I love a troll king as Tywin! It seems very fitting.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Yes, a troll king would work for me too.

Also, I just got a flash of Drub as Yara! But it could still totally be Kahvi.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next