Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tree and Lobster

Go down 
+12
G0lden
Evil Evie
Embala
Redhead Ember
Nibblet
Trollbabe
Stormcatcher
TrollHammer
Kindredsoul
MrsGrizzley
Kojiyumi
Elwing
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 pm

The repair crew has been certified and advised absolutely all new parts or no payment. In fact, they only got paid 20% upfront. They won't get the rest if there is any issue that wasn't repaire3d properly. One complaint of a bad repair, they lose money.

Lawsuit for falling into a temporal vortex. I think I heard of one, I'll check into.

Gave a root beer and piece of cake, and joined the capt'n

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 2:31 am

*waves hands to shoo away time flies*

Can I get a forge room with the heart of a dieing star? Or is it too late to make requests?

Captain, should you be drinking THAT much Saurian Brandy? We dont have a doc on board that I know of...

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 3:22 am

Hmmm.... VY Canis Major is going to go supernova soon. Will that do?

No doc either. Well, we can get the capt'n on the planet to get a doc if we need too. I think. Let me check that one out.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 5:58 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
*waves hands to shoo away time flies*

Can I get a forge room with the heart of a dieing star? Or is it too late to make requests?

Captain, should you be drinking THAT much Saurian Brandy? We dont have a doc on board that I know of...
Yres i should be, dont worry I'll be fine

*Opens front door, takes two steps off a short peir and briefly disappears*

*Two seconds later walks in through a different door in a completely different outfit and wizard hat and staff ala Gandalf* So many vertexs

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Now what?

Okay, looks like someone just visited Middle Earth.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 12:11 am

Pretty good food if you can get it.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 11:37 am

Heard the are some great eats in Middle Earth.

I'm off to do a little retail therapy myself. Scavengers brought more stuff, so help yourself.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 pm

Retail therapy sounds fun....

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 1:49 am

It is, especially when it is on someone else's dime. Now where is that new clothing store. I need to update my wardrobe. After that the furniture store. I need to replace some pieces and maybe get a valet for the captain's coat. Hate to see the poor thing tossed on the nearest chair or floor.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 12:12 pm

I thought it floated when it wasnt worn, being partially made from scraps left over from Dr Strange's cape when it had an unfortunate "accident"? But hey, the thing is basicly another crewmember itself, AND has to share a cabin with the Cap'n, might as well let it have all to comforts of home... er... well, comforts at least.

Well, Im off to find a rare strain of edible delights...

*saunters off behind a surprisingly dusty and cob-web infested corner of the pantry for as much renovations have been happening*

*comes back with a stasis field*

Betcha thought Id be gone a while... well... it was a while for me, but not as long here, if that makes sense.

*turns off the stasis field to reveal a dark forest cake left by a long dead chef from virgo, just as fresh as the day it was made, cause, you know, stasis.*

Anyone want a piece? I hear its a certain, recently-talked-about-coat's-wearer's birthday...

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 3:31 pm

Oh. Dark Forest Cake from Virgo. I heard they produced the greatest chefs in the galaxy. I'll take a piece Hammer.

I was able to buy some Nebula Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream. There will be a delivery Andromeda Spice Whiskey, Leo dark ale, and a selection brandies from the local vintners.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:20 am

*Fades into the cantina after a few dozen years somewher eelse ?* Somehow time loves me.... *Belch* Boy, spend six months with Megallean and you lose your sealegs!

*Walks into Hammer briefly before stumbling backwardsand landing flat on his back*

Huh..... when did we paint the ceiling ?? I dont remember it being a starry night ?

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 4:21 pm

That weas the crew's idea. To paint the ceiling with renditions of famous works on the ceiling. I guess they got bored with plain white.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 pm

*quietly, to himself, hopefully within earshot of the Captain but unheard by GOlden*

Wow, she actually believed that line? Gotta get her to go on a Snipe Hunt. Can't believe the "decoration" from "that" party is still clinging up there....

*louder, normal voice*

Well, I have just invented a new coating derived from E-Ink that, if used as wall paint, you jever have to paint again. Just punch in the pattern or color you desire and poof, it changes. Charges with light, full color, and available now for 23.99 payments of $3 per gallon... due to a typo by my advertiser... works out the same but man have we had some confused customers. Funny thing was it was supposed to be E-tatoo ink for those who have commitment issues.

*pokes around in the nut dish for an oreo-nut...*

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 11:53 am

Not on your life Hammer. Plus, I heard that. I didn't get the ceilings done either. it was the crew who did the work. I'm surprised you haven't noticed some freer expression of Da Vinci's Last Supper?

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 3:20 pm

Oh, the crew did the "work" alright.

You remember getting all those odd flavored, brightly colored bottles of thick, syrupy liquor from the Planet of the Clowns? Perhaps not, its a bit hazy for me and I didnt even drink anything myself. The fumes were enough to pickle a brain. Anyway, the stuff was a bit too potent for non-clownish metabolisms, and the crew started to spew... the floor and wass were easy enoiugh to clean up within arms reach before it dries, but Boxcar Pete's Birthday Cake Brew crew spew dries quickly, becomes waterproof, and stains worse than a Sharpie Grenade.

Still, I suppose if you find the drink's resultant impressionistic spatter to be pleasing, by all means, enjoy. You will be enjoying it more than the party-goers.

*glances off into a dark corner at a dusty box marked in alien glyphs that suspiciously looks like "SHOE POLISH - PURPLE"*

Speaking of the crew, aside from the officers, who are these guys? I dont really recognize them.

Oh, and Cap'n, I have to ask.. after your jaunt with Magellan, can you finnaly say you have found your way?

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:17 am

The ones you don't recognize are Scavengers. They just brought a few more things. We have been able to trade off our old stuff for what they can salvage.

I could have sworn the capt'n said he found his way with Cirdan, but I could be wrong.

Just received the new Stellar Cartography equipment. I have been designing the new lab. It will have all new state of the art equipment.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 8:06 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Speaking of the crew, aside from the officers, who are these guys? I dont really recognize them.

Oh, and Cap'n, I have to ask.. after your jaunt with Magellan, can you finnaly say you have found your way?

Dunno, I'm not from around here

I cannot actually, we didnt bring a compass; we had the map, but no compass

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 10:04 pm

So, you never found the straight path? You need to hang out with Cirdan more often.

Compasses are optional here, but if I remember correctly the capt'n's original time doesn't require compasses.

Blackbraid

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 12:04 am

G0lden wrote:
So, you never found the straight path?  You need to hang out with Cirdan more often.  

Compasses are optional here, but if I remember correctly the capt'n's original time doesn't require compasses.

Yes, Cirdan cant hold his alcohol whatsoever
And correct, my original time compasses were more a digital thing attacked to the radio headset that you couldsee out of the corner of your eye if it was set to on..... of course I insisted on not ghaving one installed as I always knew which was was north

*Remembers the time when they actually had to transport sharpie grenades, and gum grenades, and his personal favorite, white castle sliders*

Speaking of white castle..... Hammer, did we ever get that restraining order for doordash cleared ?

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 3:41 am

Lets see... checking my notes...

GrubHub: yes

DoorDash: sort of. Depends on when you are and who you say is ordering. You cant order anything at all between 2934BC and 1489 AD anywhere in galaxy M88, but most other dates and places are fine as long as you dont try to pay with "BuyPal" or refer to yourself as a member of "Neptune's Crew"

SodaStarz: mostly. Just depends on if it gets routed through the call center in n'Prx. Which is about 10% of the time.

FoodieYella: yes

Jimmy Jon-Jonns operating out of Bullet Nebula: no.

Jetson's Lightspeed Liquor Liquidator: ...you can order, but nothing more will be delivered until the tab is paid in full.

Aaannnd... not that anyone has ever ordered anything from them ever, but my inquiries did produce a standing offer for "negative pricing" on any regular menu item from Bob's Backside's Black-Hole Burger Blaster. Thats right, they pay you if you order from them. The listed prices are worth looking at... at least compared to anything else printed on their menu that I was forced to read...

And with that, I need about a gallon of ice water, some Dr. Sam's Atomic Antacids, and all food placed out of eyeshot of me for the next 12 hours or so... even a Troll's stomach has its limits.

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 5:06 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Lets see... checking my notes...

Jetson's Lightspeed Liquor Liquidator: ...you can order, but nothing more will be delivered until the tab is paid in full.

Grubhug is meh most of the time but that's good to be in the clear there. Sodastarz is pretty good, and I dont use buypal, who still uses that ? So long as we dont use buypal we got access to doordash, wonderful!

Jimmys is weird, kinda glad we cant go back there.

That burger blaster place sounds like fun

As for Jetsons I wondered why we havent had anything delivered yet, most of my billsare paid..... who hasnt paid up their share yet ?

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 5:06 pm

On another note my older sister recently went though a huge ear operation this week so me, the wife and kids will be traveling, access may be space for at least a week or so

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 2:31 pm

*installs IRL compensating software into TARDIS mainframe.*

There ya go, shouldnt be a problem now. But still, here's a care package filled with Beer, Booze and Brats, to enjoy at your leasure. Id have added some other pleasantries starting with B, but figured its a start by itself.

*roots around in the scavenger pile* hmm... my old micro forge and anvil... both were subspacially connected to various parts of a white dwarf for mass and heat, but retaining a nice on/off feature to remain pocket sized. Wonder if they still work...

*turns ON thr pair of tools. Nothing happens*

Hmm.... thats wierd...

*checks star map at a location that is currently empty*

What happened to Sagitarius N?

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 2:46 am

Peeks in to utter chaos on the Tardis. Why is there a pinata hanging from the main mast? Out sick for 2 weeks and the place is trashed. Well, I'm back now. I'll get a cleaning crew to straighten up the mess.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tree and Lobster   The Tree and Lobster - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tree and Lobster
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next