Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about art tablets (digitizers)

Go down 
+2
Kojiyumi
TrollHammer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Question about art tablets (digitizers) Empty
PostSubject: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Most of my experience with art tablets is coming from the CAD world, as I used to do a lot of drafting/engineering drawings. I ended up spoiled on yesteryear's top of the line stuff my dad would pick up in obscure locations.

So when I started putting together my own equipment for drawing, the offerings were for a decade or two newer stuff with brands I didnt recognize, and I got suckered into a "cheap" art input device that just left me very disappointed. I kind of just stuck with mouse or pen and paper and just dropped the whole thing.

Asked around about a decade ago and was recommended Wacom as a brand to consider, didnt get an art tablet but did end up getting a phone with a wacom digitizer and was happy, even if I disnt use it to its fullest potential.

Now I have a son thats showing some talent at drawing, and we are looking at getting him an art digitizer. Theres a lot of Huion stuff with pretty decent reviews but a few 'crib deaths' in the reviews, as well as semi questionable compatibility. Theres a wacom for a few bucks more but it has less features.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this stuff? Any input is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Kindle or iPad. Multi-use and you can put an art program or ten on it and get a multi-point stylus.

Question about art tablets (digitizers) Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Question about art tablets (digitizers) Sigimage
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 11:14 pm

We were lookng at hook the digitizer to a tablet, we have plenty. The stylus and programs we have had are not accurate for what we wanted to do. He did have some fun with his Stylo before it was stolen, but the stylus on mine(same model) is not much better than a really pointy finger.

Is there a specific stylus you have had luck with?

Blackbraid

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:28 pm

My sister swears by Huion's products, she had carpal tunnel for a while before getting a Huion tablet with pen; and its really helped her in the years since she's had it

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 5:54 am

Yes, my daughter Moonlight and me, we both have Huion tablets now and they are perfect. About the Wacom tablets: there is much critic about the waste of the pen tips. You have to change them nearly after every picture , you made. The Huion pentips are nearly indistructable. I still have the first pen tip functioning since September.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 2:53 pm

I have to confess I just started with Wacom, and I'm actually rather addicted to it now. I guess it's because I've tried both drawing on a scanned paper and trying a new canvas in the program.
Boi's friend let me try his iPad drawing board, and it was lots of fun, and I guess I might get one like that too, not iPad though, when I can, but fir now I'm happy trying out the Wacom.

I would actually recommend learning a bit of each. I'm sorry I never got to try other than philotoshop in my school, the next generation were luckier than me there😔

I guess the only problem with a Wacom is that you're bound to sit by the computer.
With a movable drawing tab you can do your drawing when you like, but with Wacom you kind if have to sit at one spot at the time.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 10:03 pm

I've used Wacom Bamboo for my tablet for yeeears before i went with a Veikk. I was trying for a wireless but it was wired...^^0

I've been quite happy with both brands. Never had any issues with tips once i found replacements. I still got a bunch lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about art tablets (digitizers)   Question about art tablets (digitizers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about art tablets (digitizers)
Page 1 of 1