Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...

Go down 
+13
Prayer
Trollbabe
Vaeri
LurkingCat
IceTooth
Lunakat
Leanan
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Yeee
TrollHammer
Embala
Tymber
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 am

Here is the newest stuff from Instagram:
Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Scree272
Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Scree274
Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Scree275

...and the voice of Clearbrook too

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Courts12Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Rayhan26Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Rayhan27Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 5:44 pm

They will let all no- backers have access to the Audio book thingie in September

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 6:42 pm

Not much exciting happened in volume 2, I feel like most of the story was exposition :/ The timeskip was also weird, and too much was told instead of shown.

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 am

Agreed Josine. I just finished reading it and didn't feel one hint of emotion or excitement to draw me into the story. Everything about it was mediocre and just kind of blah. Don't know why they are even doing these comics any longer if this is the kind of quality they are going to produce. Ah well, there's always the original stories to enjoy, but modern Elfquest is pretty dead to me. Suspect Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:30 pm

I've read that now too. And it did not grasp me too. Of course, the pages with Wendy's drawings are nice, at least I got my money's worth there. And this was the main course to buy it.
Also what I like: I see more of Prince Chad Charming Goldruff and learn about his past (to write more would be a big spoiler- However, I find his reaction to his memories... well, somehow he comes to terms with it too much... Probably because the Pinis as writers are already at an age where one makes one's peace with the given- Does an elf of Chads age would act like that? well he can (and I once met a relatively young man whom the same thing happened to and who reacted the same as Chad), and it fits in the story, it`s just that my feeling says : nope

When Leetah talks about spirits, she says:"...We must never try to....hold them prisoner" ooooooh if that doesn't mean a reunion between her and Rayek. But definitely not a good one.
either it will be more of a shallow pathos thing like this book here or and that would be very terrible for me, Rayek as an extremist chooses death. (because he can not let go of Winnies spirit.) PLS NOT! Sad Oh my, I fear the worst for the future Shocked affraid

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Courts12Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Rayhan26Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Rayhan27Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Can it be that we see Satreeka next to Venka ? could be

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:46 pm

I think so.

RayeksWife

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 3:16 pm

I liked it for what it was, but it seemed really rushed.
Back to top Go down
RayeksWife

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 3:22 pm

I liked it for what it was, but it seemed really rushed.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 3:34 pm

NOD. I understand what you talk about -describes my own feelings about it pretty well.

Nothing seems to be fleshed out - with one exeption. Skywise's thougts and feelings felt overdone for me. Too much screen time - to much musings ... even for "Stargazer's Hunt". And yet it stayed strangely vague and shallow for me.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Hi there, @RayeksWife  , new to the forum? Obviously another Rayek lover here. We may actually start a Rayek club within this forum soon! Very Happy I love you

And hey, you are Rayek`s wife? Then I guess I'll have to call you Mommy because Yeee-Elf is Rayek's daughter , LOL. Very Happy

Stargazer`s stroll: Since I was already nagging at the comic...
Technically there was probably a mistake. When Jinx , Skysmart, Yun and nearly panicking Chad Charming Goldie meet Leetah, they had the preserver Thistlecap with them, while Leetah had Petalwing as companion. If you then turn the page, you can see that the two Preservers have now exchanged their accompaniment before the groups even reached each other. Well, that's what I call magic, huh?
But that's a mistake that can happen. Maybe it was just chaos when drawing...
BUT...
What really annoys me as a draftsman are  bungling, which even I, with my imperfect skills, never wanted to present. Especially not if you want to make money with it!

draw one alien Preserver birdie, then Copy, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste...change direction and Copy, Paste, Paste, Paste , Paste...
draw a second and repeat that...
draw a third one and repeat that too
AND do the shit to draw the 3  preserbirds AAAAAALWAYS with wings stretched up, never in any other posture. Only the tail  changes it.
This is so lame

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 2:09 pm

My thoughts on Stargazer's Hunt volume two:

- I'm not a big fan of Skywise's "High One" shape. I prefer him the old way.

- Still no sight of Ember and Teir's baby, if there is one scratch

- I love Trinket's development.

- Humans know the constellation "great wolf chases hunter" - nice detail

- I was right about Zazapat Ikopek that she is descended from Shuna, but wrong about Shuna not having been given immortality

- Somehow I always thought the Palace and its pods travel anywhere in an instant - on Abode they do it because the distances are so short compared to travelling to other solar systems. Also there is that scene in Rebels where the Little Palace makes the Cam Triompe travel instantly "a million clicks away", however long that is, when Chandra simply wishes for it. But I guess a million clicks is a short distance in cosmic proportions?

- Where did the humans on the Sculpers' home planet come from? I thought humans originate on Abode?

- Nokkah! I love this girl! But the name... in Finnish, "nokka" is the word for "beak" and "spout" Razz

- Skywise's reaction to Goldruff when he sees him for the first time... so touching

- So much things that are not yet revealed... makes me hope for more comics!

- The healing of Skywise's memories. I think it was very beautifully done. I knew it would happen somehow, but seeing it relieved me of a burden I've carried in my Skywise-loving heart ever since I read that Jink comic where she remembers destroying her father's memories.

-

Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 3:21 pm

Yeee wrote:
I've read that now too. And it did not grasp me too. Of course, the pages with Wendy's drawings are nice, at least I got my money's worth there. And this was the main course to buy it.
Also what I like:  I see more of Prince Chad Charming Goldruff and learn about his past (to write more would be a big spoiler- However, I find his reaction to his memories... well, somehow he comes to terms with it too much... Probably because the Pinis as writers are already at an age where one makes one's peace with the given- Does an elf of Chads age would act like that? well he can (and I once met a relatively young man whom  the same thing happened to and who reacted the same as Chad), and it fits in the story, it`s just that my feeling says : nope

Oh yes that was the thing that annoyed me a lot.
Spoiler:

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:33 pm

I finally read this and was actually pleasantly surprised by the story. While definitely not perfect, it was better than final quest in my opinion, even if it did grown out of that. I really enjoyed seeing Strongbow and the other characters enjoying life on the new world and also seeing bits and pieces of what's been happening on abode. Though it definitely did make me want more of the latter.

As for Cutter and Skywise, I definitely loved how their reunion was handled and I cried. I wish I had the time and know how to make music videos, because I want to put the entire lead up and reunion to "I'm going to go back there someday" the muppet song. Finally, something that works really well with the lyrics "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4