Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It`s Mermay again!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 18, 2023 1:44 pm

Yes, maybe another magical enhanced being.

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay74
#DeepSea, day 18 of #Mermay.
Don't sneak up behind daughter witchy or you'll get an unpleasant surprise.
The sketch has turned out so cool, that I decided to use it for the contest.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 18, 2023 4:31 pm

WOW ... Cool!
... was indeed my initial reaction. Like Just the way it is - scetchy with a glow - it's most impressiv.

And I REALLY like this DragFish!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 19, 2023 3:30 pm

Thanx , Em.
BTW you have an interesting new image of your OC. like

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay75
#Sunrise , day 19 of #Mermay.
"Turn the damn light off."
Just let the overtired young orcamermaid witch Mademoiselle Lune ( Mme Meduses daughter) sleep in peace on her favorite island.

(She is the Orcamerm version of Moonlight)

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2023 4:13 am

#MusicForASushirestaurant day 20 of #Mermay.
Oh dear, Mme Meduse in an underwater sushi restaurant. that can't go well.
The doomed fishes sing Aidas prisoner`s chorus in minor. Saaaaaad!
I had no time for drawing the background, so i used an ai background picture again.
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay80

Last edited by Yeee on Sun May 21, 2023 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2023 11:21 am

I can't remember if I ever posted this... it's a group shot of all my mermaids Very Happy I haven't updated it yet with all the micros, like Kat and Tywaves, but I wanted to show it off Very Happy 

Happy Mermay!

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Screen17

Oh! And this months pony is for Mermay!
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Pony-t83It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Pony-t84

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 5:04 am

wow, 26 merms for mermay already. Great collection. Fishy

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay76
BodyPositive , day 21 of #Mermay.
A woman doesn't have to be anorexic to be beautiful! Mme Meduse is slowly coming to terms with herself again. But it took time, as the humiliations from the Orcamermen (one of them seen on Day 8 of Mermay) were too cruel towards her. However, after she had her revenge and found solace in the satisfaction of it, a healing process slowly began.
Don`t mess up with a sea witch!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2023 1:54 am

Too many pics to comment on but all of them are flippin' fantastic!!

....why do i feel the desire to make Meduse's choker?....*looks at jewelry working kit*.....
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 6:38 pm

Wanna see your self crafted choker, Vaeri! Very Happy
DONE! Finished, YES! I had no time to post in here but here comes my new stuff:
day 22: one of the new years eve Orcamerms.
day 23: Traditons: Yeees treee
day 24: Zaddy ...together with prompt: Barbie , day 29
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay77
day 25:food
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay81
day 26: jewel
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay78
day 27:
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay79
day 28:
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay80
day 29: Barbie
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay81
day 30: blue   2 Versions
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay82
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay84
day 31:
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay85

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 8:28 pm

Mattel should hire you!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 6:15 pm

Oh please no, then I would have to draw Barbie every day. (again in need of a puke emoji,lol)
I just worked again on a quick sketch from Mermay and completed it with an ai-backround.
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Tamani10

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 4:18 am

Love the Barbies. I'd buy the orca ladies. And i'll make the choker maybe..i just need beads and clasps, and money is tight yet. Maybe a month when i have an extra paycheck i don't have to put towards bills.

And don't get me wrong, love the colored version of Tanami...i just really like her black and green sketch better. So glowy cool. But just my opinion.

I'd make the dolls if i could ever get into doll crafting...have you ever seen the videos on youtube? It's really cool how people take a doll and repaint and rehair it and stuff. I've seen mermaid dolls made. It's fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:50 pm

That's right, the sketch has a better luminous effect due to the dark-light contrast. I just had a desire to rework my Mermay images.

Oh my, you would buy those dollz? Now thats an expensive hobby, better they won`t be produced ever. Razz
And yes, I have seen some videos about dolls costumizing , some guys have abilities which are astounding. They can make dollz look gorgeous and by far better than they looked before. But how wuld someone costumize a mermaidbarbie into an orcamermaidbarbie with those hard dorsal- and bellyside- fins???

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 6:31 pm

Nothing wrong with that, it's cool to see her colors.

Just Meduse and her daughter lol i like their look and colors.

Oh that'd be easy! They have this epoxy clay stuff you could mold into a fin and it'll harden like plastic. Then you'd drill a little slot in the back and glue in the fin. Same for the other fins. And i've seen a few doll makers make mermaid tails!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 6:40 pm

Does this count for Mermay? ... sort of :fishy:rest of the petals. Wink

Embala wrote:
When I was on a roll with my flower fairies I decided to show the making-of of a mermaid ... will be slightly picture heavy ^^

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Gv_mak12
After plans are made gather the material: a fitting doll, silken carnations, skin colored silken ribbon, some pearls, some artificial branch, glue and scissors ...

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Gv_mak10
Take the carnations carefully apart and cut it in single pieces - petals and leaves well sorted in size. Bring the legs in a fitting pose and fix them with the ribbon - it also helps to cover the leg gap. In this case add an extention to the feet.

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Gv_mak11
Roll the leg extention into a loop and cover it carefully with green leaves. Start with the smallest petals at the feet and glue them to the legs so that they look like scales.

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Gv_mak13
Add back fins ... this way the glued parts will disappear under the scales. btw: keep your working place clean from glue! ^^

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Gv_mak14
Finish the tail - thighs and hips get the biggest petals, of course. It works best when you glue the scales round by round.
Use the smaller leaves to create some attractive revealing top ^^

I'll tell you later what the pearls are good for ... and what happened (rather unplanned) with the rest of the petals. Wink

Not the highly artistic one-of-a-kind dolls ... but a comparably easy way to make mermaids from normal Barbies. HERE are some more mermaids (among their flower fairiecousin ^^) in case you are interested to look them up.

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Seahor10

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 am

I didn't know you worked with dolls Embala!! That is so cool!! And such a lovely mermaid...though she looks more like a mer-seahorse to me. I must see if there is a rose one! Perhaps i could check out a hobby shop...maybe i could get into doll making.

Who would you like to see most of all if i could do that Yeee?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Wow, so much has happened here...
epoxy clay: ah yes, I can imagine that.
Embala, did you costumize these dollz into seahorsemerms? Shocked  Oh wow, cool!

"Who would you like to see most of all if i could do that Yeee?"
Lol, I think you should start with a merm that you like most, so that you have enough motivation for this.
oh, now you had to wait an eternity for my answer. sorry!
The reason for my absence here was: starting mermaiding in my beloved northern sea. In the summer I live almost only there. And then Mermay_official had proclaimed a whole year Mermay with a prompt for each month. Since I just can not resist and had to join again. the prompt for June is: pride
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay91

Among the wild, fierce and massively built Sea Raiders, Koiboi is the delicate and beautiful Drag Queen.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 8:06 am

the Mermay-July picture, prompt was : Elemental, so I had to draw Yeee using her water magic, but this time not murdering humans...
It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay95

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:40 pm

WOW Surprised Love it! Lilypad is so happy in her personal rollerscooter. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 5:27 am

Very Happy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 3:53 am

awww. what a nice mother-daughter picture! reminds me of how i've seen some parents tossing their kids on the bed...same concept right? XD

very nice effects! you're really getting the hang of digital art! two thumbs and a tailfin up Yeee!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 10:57 am

yay, thanks, well i'm training and learning - in drawing and in tablet painting.
Also generating AI images gives me good templates to train myself on.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 1:27 am

You'll wanna check out my latest art piece in my thread...hehehe^^

Also last night i realized May is over....o.o how is MerMay still going????@_@
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Oh , I have to check your thead!
Mermay official has decided to do Mermay all throughout the year, sigh! That means a little bit stress for me. And sometimes I have no motivation to draw merms, even when I love them.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 4:26 am

This was my entry for Augusts Mermay, the prompt was "school" .  Honestly I had not much motivation for this prompt and it is still WIP.

It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Mermay96
I think at first I will start the September picture before I finish this one.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 11:51 am

Beautiful !

PostSubject: Re: It`s Mermay again!   It`s Mermay again! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It`s Mermay again!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: