Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Empty
PostSubject: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 11:32 pm

So i started a project a few monthes ago to reconnect with myself. I rather got back into the old anime Card Captor Sakura. I guess i started thinking about how Sakura made the Clow Cards into her own cards...and began thinking what my own cards would be and what they would look like.

So since my favorite number is 13, i came up with 13 cards and i've been working with an artist to create my cards. I wanted to create cards that represent me, fully.

The card ideas i have so far are:

The Halloween
The Sew
The Key
The Egyptian
The Cook
The Dragon
The Tea
The Rose
The Ramen
The Mermaid
The Draw
The Sea
The Cemetery

And these are the wip images so far

Progress picture gallery so far:

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards 20221210

This picture is a comparison of the first prototype with the old clow card from the 90's i'm using for reference.

Last edited by Vaeri on Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 6:45 am

I understand that the blue one will become your set, Vaeri? Cool start. I hope to see more!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 9:06 am

Actually that one picture is just the latest, not the start. Did you look in the spoiler for the massive progress gallery? Lol
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 3:10 pm

Aaaaaah! Idea  Havn't even realized that this was a clickable spoiler space.

Lots of WIP Shocked Love to see the developement, Vaeri Very Happy ... must take a close look later!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 7:51 pm

Just got an update from my artist, he made the changes i asked for and finished the lettering.

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Icm_fu28
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 7:32 am

Woooow, Vaeri , that is such a huge, wonderful, enchanting and totally inspriring project!

May I say, the art is splendid! cheers  cheers

However I mostly adore the meaning behind it. A full card set which will represent the many sides and layers of you and your precious soul. I am in awe. cheers cheers I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

My favourites are 'the Mermaid', 'the Draw', 'the Tea' and 'the Rose'.  cheers  cheers  Like a Star @ heaven

Is there a chance that you could further explain why who chose these specific symbols...are there stories behind it? But only if it is not too much of a private realm.

Fun fact: My favourite number is 13, too, as I was born on a 13th of May hehe... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 6:18 pm

So happy to see you again Prayer <3 thank you for all your kind words. Of course i could never pick a favorite lol who could pick one piece of themselves?

Which symbols specifically? I chose the Moon and stars because i'm more of a night person, and also i'm a Pisces which is a water sign and water is most heavily affected by and connected to the moon. The wings are all dragon wings because i've always loved dragons.

That's pretty cool you were born on the 13th! That means some years your birthday is on Friday the 13th lol
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 2:49 pm

The Egyptian- yeah you must have an OC in the Sun Valley AU, So cool!
I would like to see the mermaid card. The Sea card looks very beautiful. I find the theme of the cemetery difficult to implement. It turned out very good.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 4:40 pm

I'll post pictures as soon as we start working on mermaid.^^

How so do you mean about Cemetery?
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 3:02 pm

We began work on more cards. Now it's Dragon, Ramen and tea. I like A as a good starting base for Ramen and Tea with elements of C for Tea, but my artist mistakenly thought one of my Guardian Beasts would be the Dragon Card, so only D works.  But i'm not sure on the position.

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Icm_fu30

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Icm_fu31

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Icm_fu32
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 4:29 pm

The A Card for the tea looks good. Only the spout of the teapot would have to be readjusted a bit.

Also the A card for the Ramen.

"How so do you mean about Cemetery?"
It's difficult to draw something that looks appealing on a cemetery theme. The red roses are a great contrast to the otherwise gray image. I just really like the implementation.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 4:31 pm

Vaeri wrote:
So happy to see you again Prayer <3 thank you for all your kind words. Of course i could never pick a favorite lol who could pick one piece of themselves?

Which symbols specifically? I chose the Moon and stars because i'm more of a night person, and also i'm a Pisces which is a water sign and water is most heavily affected by and connected to the moon. The wings are all dragon wings because i've always loved dragons.

That's pretty cool you were born on the 13th! That means some years your birthday is on Friday the 13th lol

So happy to meet again with you, too! Also, sorry for my slow responses Crying or Very sad ...I often struggle to make time for writing...but I try!!! It is very interesting to read about your choices of symbols. I love you I am a more of an early bird and that's maybe I like the symbols sun, flowers and rainbows! But I have never consciously thought about that. My husband is totally a night person and I have often seen he likes dark themed stuff. Hehe...now I think about symbolic card decks for me and all the people around me! It's like imagining the inner landscape of a person!

I love dragons, too! cheers

Yesss, I sometimes have bday on Friday the 13th but I always laughed about that and had nice birtdays lol!

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 4:32 pm

Vaeri wrote:

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Icm_fu31

I think the A ramen card is really cool and well done! Very Happy  

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 1:25 am

Yeee wrote:
"How so do you mean about Cemetery?"
It's difficult to draw something that looks appealing on a cemetery theme. The red roses are a great contrast to the otherwise gray image. I just really like the implementation.

Ohhh okay i see! Thank you then, i am quite pleased it was well executed.^^

Prayer wrote:
So happy to meet again with you, too! Also, sorry for my slow responses Crying or Very sad ...I often struggle to make time for writing...but I try!!! It is very interesting to read about your choices of symbols. I love you I am a more of an early bird and that's maybe I like the symbols sun, flowers and rainbows! But I have never consciously thought about that. My husband is totally a night person and I have often  seen he likes dark themed stuff. Hehe...now I think about symbolic card decks for me and all the people around me! It's like imagining the inner landscape of a person!

I love dragons, too! cheers

Yesss, I sometimes have bday on Friday the 13th but I always laughed about that and had nice birtdays lol!

Sounds like Embala lol. But that's okay, i understand life gets busy! Especially with young ones around. The holidays, amiright? Hehe.

Pleased my cards got you thinking! It is interesting to stop and think "what defines me? What are the threads that if you unravel, it leads to unraveling all i am?" As a lot of these cards represent things in my life that have defined me. Even cooler to have a physical representation of it! Interesting how if you are a night or day person can correlate with if you like warm or cool colors.

I think it's quite cool to have a birthday on Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious about that. 13 has been rather a lucky number for me!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 8:38 am

Vaeri wrote:

Sounds like Embala lol. But that's okay, i understand life gets busy! Especially with young ones around. The holidays, amiright? Hehe.

Haha yes, three little boys...but school and kindergarden started again. Which is good. ^^

Vaeri wrote:

Pleased my cards got you thinking! It is interesting to stop and think "what defines me? What are the threads that if you unravel, it leads to unraveling all i am?" As a lot of these cards represent things in my life that have defined me. Even cooler to have a physical representation of it!  

Absolutely! Metaphors and symbols are very powerful tools to getter get to know oneself! You are such an inspiration! *-*

Vaeri wrote:

Interesting how if you are a night or day person can correlate with if you like warm or cool colors.

That's true! I love experimenting with colors and I always seem to come back to certain color combinations. Often I go for pastel colors, too.

Vaeri wrote:

I think it's quite cool to have a birthday on Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious about that. 13 has been rather a lucky number for me!
Haha, yesss....13 has always been a lucky number for me!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards   My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards Empty

Back to top Go down

My Clow Card Project/ The Leighann Cards
Page 1 of 1