Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread

Go down 
+14
Embala
jaRf
Redhead Ember
wingthing
manga
Miss Gillespie
kathleen3.0
Multimedea
Fairyring
Elwing
KR Wordgazer
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Davrille
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:04 pm

From what I'm gathering in Issue 8, Final Quest, Rayek and Ekuar have been wandering with Winnowill "asleep" until the call from Sunstream comes. I'm conjecturing that Rayek isn't really using his magic much, if at all, because magic use might feed Winnowill's power. And he's certainly been staying as far as he could away from other elves.  Now that the call  has come, he's going to change those practices, at least temporarily.  

I tend to agree with Manga that the problem is not what Rayek can or can't do, but what Winnowill could do with the opportunity Rayek's magic use might give her.

Looking forward to seeing what happens!

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:58 pm

I like your take on Rayek's powers, Kindredsoul, sounds like he might as well start wearing his underpants over his trousers and call himself Superelf. He already has the cape! Rayek Devil
But as much as I like the sound of that, truth is that without the dead souls of nearly all of Blue Mountain's elves under his arm and without the power of the palace to feed on he really isn't that powerful. This scene makes that quite clear. Okay, Winnowill doesn't help, but he nearly gets his ass handed to him by a few peasants with pitchforks.
And from a story telling point, that is a good thing.The character is more interesting and sympathetic because it's slightly vague what his powers actually are and because his powers are unreliable. Omnipotent characters tend to become boring quick because there is no effort and no struggle in their accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Haha, the weird cape, that's right! Rolling Eyes

I have never liked the combination Rayek+Winnowill.
Bad taste Rayek, bad taste.

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:15 am

Yeah, don't care for it either. Hope there will be some kind of resolution found for that, but I fear there won't be...
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:11 pm

00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 Eqraym10

Just sayin'.  ;D

(Pretty sure the image was by MultiMedea. Oh, and so everyone's on the same page, he's dressed as Magneto from "The X-men.")
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Just ... WOW Shenshen Upset 00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 _00_ra10#00 found

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:08 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Amazing!!!!
Rayek looks handsome with those vivid colors. And no need to be a mutant. Very Happy Razz

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 am

Fairyring wrote:
Rayek looks handsome with those vivid colors.

Little hint from the fan society: Rayek always looks great and handsome. Wink
(No matter what outfit.)

Manga, what happened to RASH by the way?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:54 am

I still have all the files but I've lost my host. Also there hasn't been anything new to add in ages, so I don't know if there's any point to setting it up again.
Back to top Go down
Multimedea

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:03 pm

manga wrote:
00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 Eqraym10

Just sayin'.  ;D

(Pretty sure the image was by MultiMedea. Oh, and so everyone's on the same page, he's dressed as Magneto from "The X-men.")

Hey, I remember that art! Laughing The kid still needs to show up in a chainmail bikini, tho...

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:26 pm

The kid... Rayek? Or maybe Venka?
And why?

Glad I remembered right, btw!
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:52 pm

You know I was thinking about Moonshade's current woes and it occurred to me, she's just the kind of gal Rayek needs. Supportive, gentle, but not afraid to gently correct her mate(at least, what moonshade used to be, I guess), and of course, completely not his type at all.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:21 pm

See? I've been saying for years that he needed me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's one upside to Recognition: it makes you consider a relationship you might have ignored before.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:02 pm

PCoquelin wrote:

Winnowill's case is now EXACTLY that of a contained ghost.

But contained only as long as...

...Rayek doesn't die and keeps her spirit in check.

Why should he need a physical body to contain her spirit?

Yeah, him being stuck as a prison is unsatisfying :/
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 12:31 am

"Blend one candle flame with another and you'll realize they never were - never could be anything but - one."

In other words, the spirits are too ephemeral to hold anything. Without a body to anchor Winnowill's spirit to, she would just take off.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:59 am

Something rather sad I just realised.
You know what Rayek got for allowing Cutter to beat the living daylight out of him? He got to carry Winnowill's soul in his mind for centuries.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:02 am

Rayek of the golden eyes and brown skin! ... this was Rayek's thread, opened by manga, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Rayek's bio page on Elfquest.com. 00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 _09_ra10#09 found

@Elwing Would you consider to quote these informations and add it to your first post for easier access?

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:12 am

'Character Bio':

Rayek (m)  Rayek  Rayek Devil

Alive (staying) – immortal
Son of Ingen and Jarrah
Father of Venka
Grandfather of Satreeka
Lovemate of Leetah, Kahvi and Winnowill
Student of Savah and Ekuar

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:10 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:33 pm

The funniest thing about my crazy fan theory
Spoiler:
is that for some time now, I've had in mind a story snippet where Cutter's spirit (having long slipped his skin) senses Leetah's sadness and longing for him, so he goes looking for a way to get born and be with her again. He even finds a body he feels compatible with that's immortal so he'll never have to leave her again... Only time is a fuzzy concept for the elf spirits and so he gets born as Rayek.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm looking for some folks to join me in an experiment:

Run through this quiz and answer for Rayek.  I'm really curious what results we would get, given all of our different takes on him.

When I did it, he came out as "Secure" but I think I must have muffed some of the answers because he just screams "Anxious" to me.  I think his arrogance skews things.

(And if you say I'm projecting, well... uh... I'm rubber, you're glue? Wink )
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Uhm... I'm afraid I've got the result for Leetah: Avoidant  00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 _16_ra10#17 found

How should I do it right? I'm Leetah and answer this questions about my partner Rayek?

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:58 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Be yourself I'd say and imagine it's Rayek you're answering for. Reference his behaviours and such from the stories to help answer the questions. It may take some slanting. For example, I think I remember answering "neither agree nor disagree" to the question about him fearing his actions or words would drive a partner away, becuase he doesn't show the kind of self-doubt and second-guessing that conjures for me, but looking back, I think his idea that he needs to "earn" someone's love is just another angle on that, so I'd have to say "strongly agree."
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:53 pm

I answered thinking of how Rayek acts with Winnowill/Leetah and got secure.

Then I answered thinking how I've always had Rayek act with Swift....and got secure as well!

So yay for consistency!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:55 pm

As far as Leetah and Winnowill go, I have to wonder how much of his arrogance may be substituting for real security. I feel that, if he'd truly felt secure, he wouldn't have had trouble accepting Leetah's behavior - or dropping the fickle little twit. No need to demand she pick him if he felt secure. That's my take, anyway, and I'm intrigued that you and I see him so differently.

Of course, with Swift he has Recognition and actual love and loyalty, so he is secure there. Smile
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:19 am

Perhaps with Winnowill and Leetah, there needs to be a quiz option of "secure...ly in denial"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread   00 - Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayek the Wandering Rogue's thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next