Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's all get to know each other, eh?

Go down 
+39
Evil Evie
Nibblet
Embala
KR Wordgazer
Elwing
Blackbird
Arfurido
Prayer
Miscellaneous
Lunakat
Twopaw
Leanan
Sifra
namuhna
Nomad-Human
ErinC1978
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Windyboy
Redhead Ember
anj tuesday
G0lden
Kindredsoul
Seastorm
Trollbabe
Merelf
ChristinaRaibert
Fairyring
jaRf
Stargazer
llannen
Kojiyumi
Tam
Josine
Stormcatcher
Beryl
Arthis
PCoquelin
Wiseshaman
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Name:

[b]Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue?
I'd like to go the Belgium to Watch some of the Spring Classics

Spring Classics? What sort of Spring Classics?
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:20 pm

Elwing wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Name:

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? I'd like to go the Belgium to Watch some of the Spring Classics

Cycling. Because I'm sorta... slightly... a teeny-tiny-bit... totally crazy about that sort of thing.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Welcome Redhead! cheers *tacklehugs and dances* It's a good day today! sunny

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm

*Is toppled*

Good to see you too Emby!

Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Elwing wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Name:

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? I'd like to go the Belgium to Watch some of the Spring Classics

Cycling. Because I'm sorta... slightly... a teeny-tiny-bit... totally crazy about that sort of thing.

Oh yes, you should come here, cycling is the national sport! Not really my thing though, now that I think of it, hmm, men with pumped thighs in tight spandex! Pike Stunned
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Kids: No-- but I definitely want a child.

Favorite food: Pumpkin Pie

How long have been a fan of EQ? Since I was eight years old

How did you become a fan?
I saw EQ book 2 on a stand in a Crown Books... and the rest is history.

Who's your favorite character? Skywise  

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? I like a variety of different genres. I'm very fond The Mountain Goats. I liked Gomez. I like Anna Ternheim. Lucinda Williams. I like Leonard Cohen. Arctic Monkeys. Hozier. I just saw these guys perform at the Hotel Cafe, and I'd be  really into them- if they ever put out an album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK0AQvwCgWo

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? For years, I was very into 'Strangers in Paradise'. I also quite liked 'Sandman', 'Hellblazer,' 'The Maxx' and 'Love and Rockets'. These days, I'm not obsessed with anything- I buy comics to learn from the art and storytelling. I did also like 'A Jew in Communist Prague' and 'Siegfried'.

What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, sketching and painting. I used to dive and snowboard as well- but not so much anymore. I like hiking and walking my dogs. I would love to hang-glide, learn to fly a plane, or go sky diving.

Favorite films? To Kill A Mockingbird. Casablanca. They Came Back. The Bothersome Man. Blue is the Warmest Color.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? I wish! I don't have the time!

What are you like/describe your personality: Friendly, talkative, practical, logical. I've also been told I'm funny and smart. My bf thinks I'm a smartass. (I am.)

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ were no issue? Bali

Best concert you've ever seen? Gogol Bordello

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?   What "if"? If what? Like- if two crazy kids got together and their lives amounted to more than a hill of beans?

Right now... Shen Shen and Shukopeck.

Name one character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:
Olbar's Daughter

Merelf

Merelf

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:47 pm

So... let me introduce myself then...

Name: Merel

Country: First 20 years in the Netherlands, usually living in France (french boyfriend and kids), at the moment in South-Korea (for BFs job).

Kids: two little elfin girls (3 and 4 years old)

Favorite food: Dolmadakia (Greek recipe, it's minced meat rolled in vine leaves with lemon/egg sauce... yummy)

How long have you been a fan of EQ?: About twenty years. think I first borrowed an Elfquest issue from the library when I was 10.

How did you become a fan?: By discovering a couple of issues in the local library.

Who's you're favorite character?: No one in particular, though I have a soft spot for Skywise.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?: Genres: Classical, Jazz, Folk(rock)... Artists: Bach, Billy Holiday, Amy Whinehouse, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake,  The Pentangle, Johnny Flynn and many more...

Best concert you've ever seen? The Dubliners, when I was 11 :-D... my favorite granddaddies (though most have died since).

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? None.

What are your hobbies? Playing violin, singing, drawing, cooking, baking (and eating)

Favorite films? The Dark Crystal (has been my favorite for 25 years), Dogville (and a couple of other Lars Von Triers')

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Not much into videogames but I did like playing Fable on my brothers x-box.

How are you like/describe your personality: Wow, that's a hard one, still trying to figure out myself actually Smile. What might be important to know for the forum is that I never mean to hurt people, but that I have a sarcastic sense of humor. So if I happen to offend you I am probably just joking  jocolor

Describe how you look: better not, I might scare you   What a Face

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? I'm still waiting for the first lesbian couple. Would have been cool to see Ember with... let's say... Yun.

Name one character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy: All deceased elves (especially children) that were mentioned briefly, who were and are still important to the main characters. Like Cresent, Clearbrooks daughter, Bowki... Shushen as well... Sorry, that's more than one.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Merelf wrote:

Favorite films? The Dark Crystal (has been my favorite for 25 years),

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers  cheers  cheers

Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 256c170ea62eb0a642dd85c84e3d23d7

And again, welcome to Father Tree, Merelf! I love you

Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Santa_10Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Downlo23Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Av_cut10Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:36 am

Welcome to the tribe, Merelf. Such a fitting elf name. I love you Enjoy your time here.

"The Dark Crystal" rings a bell ... were you going by Clearstone in former days on the former Sroll?

Merelf

Merelf

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:20 am

@Embala
Nope, that wasn't me. I really don't remember my username. I just posted there once or twice so I would be surprised if you'd noticed me at all...

@Kindredsoul
Yeah, that machine does wring a bell... although... no... 'don't...know...HUHHHHHARRRRGGGGG...... don't... know' Wink

Thanks for welcoming me everone I love you
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi Merelf. Welcome to the tribe.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Welcome, indeed, to the tribe. :korafay:

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Never mind, Merelf. I won't become more investigative. ^^

'What a beautiful "face" you have. Such a cute chubby kitling ... she can easily be Shenshen.

Merelf

Merelf

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Thank you. Actually it's my youngest daughter Wink

It's a pencil drawing I made yesterday. When I tried to color it on the computer I found it looked prettier with this orange effect than in color, but does make her look like a redhead (she's blonde actually). And the curls (fake!) do make her look like a baby Shenshen, you are right Smile
Just like Shenshen she is very cheeky. My husband and I always joke about that right after her birth we couldn't tell if we were looking at the butt or the face Wink (we are horrible parents)
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:26 pm

@Merelf- I love your taste in music! Welcome!

Your daughter must be so cute!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Your drawing is amazing, Merelf! These golden lines ... this golden shine is so warm and endearing. Your little one is so cute and lovable - a precious darling.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello, I'm Trollbabe from the Scroll of Colors, on which I was active for eleven years.  I was e-mailing Elfquest before that.

I'm a freelance writer for hire, just recently exploring online job sites.  Have been full-time since my last layoff.  My husband handles the bookkeeping, auditing, accounting, taxes, and cooking.

My favourite food is whatever my husband cooks.  This weekend, it's pie.

I became a fan after my late mother bought me the first volume of Elfquest, the color edition of the first four issues.

It's hard to pick a favourite character, but as you can see, I am partial to Trolls.

I like all kinds of music, especially someone who sings and plays well.

The other comics I read include anything by Sergio Aragones.

My hobbies used to be drawing, gardening and sewing, before I got too busy with freelancing.

The films we see are usually action movies or feature-length cartoons.

I was too old for videogames, by the time they were invented.

My personality is evident in my countless posts to the old Scroll of Colors.  I would describe myself as lazy and cynical.

Looks:  My husband and I look like garden gnomes.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi Trollbabe! Its so good to have you here, I missed seeing you around *hugs*

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Welcome again, Trollbabe. It's good to have you here.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello, Embala! Hello, Nibblet, my favorite piece of produce!

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:32 am

Hello Trollbabe! It's so wonderful to see another familiar face!

Loving that Angela Lansbury avatar, by the way Wink I wan't introduced to her until the "Murder She Wrote" series I used to watch with my great grandmother when I was a little girl, but WOW was she a beauty back in her day Exclamation

Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Santa_10Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Downlo23Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Av_cut10Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:55 am

Hi Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:21 pm

My previous avatar was Angela Lansbury in "The Harvey Girls."

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:25 pm

BTW I apologize for being late at accepting "Friends" requests - still learning!

Seastorm

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 5:18 pm

It's been a long time, but I'm glad to be back and to see the scroll wasn't entirely lost! Thanks to all who made this place what it is!

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Nikki, Seastorm, Sea

Got a job/are you at school? Working; although currently on summer break - so getting plans ready for the next school year.

Favourite food: Varies, although salad and nachos are a pretty safe bet

How long have you been a fan of EQ? 18 years or so

How did you become a fan? Randomly found the graphic novels at the library... I checked them all out at once and I couldn't put them down!

Who's you're favourite character? Nightfall

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Country, christian, contemporary - I'm not that picky, just not a fan of rap music

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? none; just ElfQuest

What are your hobbies? reading, soccer, reading, cooking, running, reading, swimming, and more reading Very Happy

Favourite films? One Night with the King, Avatar, Pride and Prejudice, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones (not a film, but still amazing)

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Only on rare occasions - Mario

How are you like/describe your personality: Quiet and reserved until I get to know someone, then fun and carefree. Teaching is my passion, and I want to teach my students how to be kind and compassionate by leading by example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's all get to know each other, eh?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: