Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread

Go down 
+20
MrsGrizzley
Davrille
Leanan
thetrappedartist
Beryl
G0lden
Vaeri
Nightsea
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Tymber
sun girl
Startear
ErinC1978
Fairyring
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Tam
ChristinaRaibert
TrollHammer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:59 am

Sweetdusk was one I was looking to adopt out, but she's kinda grown on me. Shadowblood was adopted by Darkphyre, I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I made her. Looking at her now, she'd be a firstcomer type for the tribe. The X-Girl Li ended up looking alot like Kat too, so I totally agree on catlike.

Willowstorm turned out a perfect mix... the blond and blue look amazing. Those braids on the Magical Elf... wow!! I never noticed about the colors of the Wavedancers and Rootless Ones... they really do have other colors.

@o@ for wolfsoul!!! Holy cow she looks amazing!! Judging by the colors I think that's Pebbles. I may use the name Redtide for my next girl... that's a beautiful name. Maybe a similar look, but more sea than flare. Crawfish looks just like her namesake. I love the lace on her top!

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Coralb11
Coralberry - She's very serious
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Twitte10
Twitterfin - She's very young, but this pic she's a bit older. Her normal self is pre-teen... there's another version of her coming.
I just love this maker!!

Last edited by katcombs on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 am

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Twitte11 Twitterfin as herself Smile

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Twitte123 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Twitte11

And a Sweetdusk
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Sweetd10

Last edited by katcombs on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:08 am

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Redtid10 Redtide, this gal was more what I was looking for originally. I think she'll be the healer.
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Redtid103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Redtid11

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 4:47 pm

This gal is an inside joke... she's got regular elf ears. Her name is Seaglade. When Embala mentioned blending in, this is what became of the idea.
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seagla103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seagla113 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seagla10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 5:50 pm

katcombs wrote:
@o@ for wolfsoul!!! Holy cow she looks amazing!! Judging by the colors I think that's Pebbles.
And Pebbles she is! Hungry Wolf
Do you remember that I've hoped she would be of the old pack, Kat? With enough elf blood to make a difference? This idea stuck in mind ... I had to doll her elfin wolf soul.

You are close enough too, Prism. When I made Pebbles' *wolfsoul' I wasn't going for a humanized wolf but for a soul vision as in the Dewshine/Tyldak scene. With a much stronger wolfin influence. This way you can take it as a soul image for each Wolfrider "throwback" you like. (okay, each female one ^^)

I'm tempted to try another wolfish Magical Elf now - the "in-between" form of my shapechanger Ainoa.

Last edited by Embala on Sun May 21, 2017 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 pm

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Merfol10
For Katcombs. Her Twitterfin.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Your Storm Elves really come to life, Kat - so many awesome dollz!

I start to love this Pretty Pixie maker. With some dollers imagination it's extremely adaptable. I love the webbed ears, fins and tailfin all made of leaves and feathers! Coralberry looks very serious. Awesome job recreating her design so true ti the original.
Twitterfin is cute as a lifebearer - the pants hint her mertail well. And she's just adorable as a cubling complete with leafy fins and "pearl" adornements. She turned out young and pretty on the Disney maker ... but her youth really shows in the last one! I love you It's very easy to imagine her as a preteen this way.
Sweetdust looks incredibly true to herself, too - she lives to her name. No wonder you've decided to keep her!

Redtide looks similar to Shadowblood - with a totally differrnt vibe. The sheer skirt flows like waves and her mood is friendly. Her hair seems to float in the waves, too. She comes complete with a well-made PP version. I like the headdress on this one - the "net" seems very appropriate. Last nit least a charning Pixie version ... It's easy to see her as the healer.

Seaglade ... *chuckles* that's Tynami's tribe! ... she's like the kid dressed in army camouflage at a colorful fancy-dress party. Calling this "blending in" for sure! I live the skin pattern with all kinds of drop ins - textures, tattoos and pierchings. The glitter stands mostly for magic with my Mer-Elves - here it's likely bioluminescence.
Perfect camouflage on the PP maker - I can so see her like this in a seagrass or algal field. A shimmering beauty again on the Pixie maker ... this time I see her with an algal scarf.

Twitterfin! Such a pretty surprise for Kat. Very Happy She looks adult, Prism - the pip's imagination of herself as a beautiful adult. And she dreams up an exiting quest in mysterious dangerous regions of the seas ... maybe finding the Palace?
I can't help but making up a little story for this picture. Me likes! Like

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica31 - Newgreen

Waterleaf's mother, a lost elf from another tribe who recognized the Wavedancer chief. Without memory of her past or her own name the tribe called the plantshaper "Newgreen".

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 10:37 pm

When I was going through my names for the green gal, I wanted something that went with looking over a sea of algae and the name Seaglade just stuck out. Plus, it made me giggle. I forgot her mole on the pixie maker, but I have it on the offline version now. When you mentioned a Roman look for Sweetdusk I finally saw something adorable in her cause she reminded me of Bella, my Roman age vampire. I'm not a fan of the Disney maker anymore, but I did love how Twitterfin turned out on it. The last version I think will be the 'that's her' version Smile So young!! Looking back over Coralberry now, she kind of reminds me of Danen Tynami... Guess I have a thing for redheaded chieftesses Very Happy

@Prism Adult Twitterfin turned out so amazing!! I love her! *hugs!!!!* Her like that I can see her jumping out at someone, then twittering before she vanishes in a flash of fin. I especially love the fin on her waist!! With Embala's story, I can see her getting Guin's call, but unable to go she pushes the triplets out to follow the call.

@Embala I just adore Newgreen's colors!! I love the lost elf idea for her!

Here's the group shot of the current Storm Elves so far:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Storme10

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Awww ... those group pictures always look so adorable, Kat.
I love that Seaglade is set apart just far enough to give her the chance to merge with the seagrass. ^^ Little Twitterfin got a seatail with lots of fins. Smile Yup, me likes this little challenge to the imagination! And her tousled hair looks too cute. Coralberry is the chieftess - should have guessed so! She gives me this look ... Don't dare to mess with my tribe! Sweetdusk looks just darling here and last not least Redtide greeting friendly.
Nice collection of skintones so far. Looking forward to see more pretties.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica77 - Berntje (= little burnstone)

who turned from from a lovely gentle chief's mate ...

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica75

... into a vengeful man-killer.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica74

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Berntje's transformation is amazing... she's gorgeous with a blending of gold and jade. I love her fin!!

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Violet133 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Violet133 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Violet123 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Violet12
Violet is the newest member of the Storm elves. Her ears are normal elven ears.

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 4:16 pm

A miffled one ... or angry by right for some reson. Violet has the vibe of an elder, Kat - maybe even close to a firstborn. (Of course she also reminds me of Moonshade by color scheme and occational attitude.) Her deep green eyes add the leaf green to her violet motive and break the monochrome look. Those violet hint another - a vulnerable and dreamy - character trait hidden behind her anger. I love your solution for her hair adornement, Kat ... and that you were able to reproduce it on each dollmaker! Violet is awesome - there's some depth for sure.

Thanks for the praise of Berntje! Very Happy *is admittedly proud of the idea to show her isolated fin tip - in gold and green* Gold and jde - that what humans long for and she's using her colors to bait them to doom. And giant clusters of burnstone ...

Another one who still lacks a story - yet finally found a role in the tribe. She was designed after a "real doll" I've made years ago

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica80 - Seablaze

She's an elder, probably related to the chiefs line - and a mentor to Waterleaf.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 pm

I think I actually remember that doll Smile She turned out beautifully!! Kinda funny her name is Seablaze, since this next one's name is Seabreeze. She's the triplet's mother. She's very sweet and passionate.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seabre113 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seabre123 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seabre103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Seabre10

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm

This gal I have no history, name or story yet.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname113 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname12
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Here's Ice Crystal... one of the Storm Elves. Her powers appeared during a rather harsh winter. One left to make, another boy... just haven't designed him yet.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Icecry113 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Icecry103 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Icecry113 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Icecry10

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Here's the second group of Storm Elves. The boy is unnamed as well.
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Storm210

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname123 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname133 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Unname14
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 am

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Dark-f14
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Neptun11
A fresh Dreamberry and Embala's Seablaze.
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 am

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Neptun12
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Dark-f15
Better view of Seablaze and a new Moonshine.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Oh wow, that Seablaze on the new maker is amazing! Dreamberry and Moonshine turned out adorable!!

I tried new ears for Elm and Lau... not sure if they worked quite right.
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_70207565758c74bb57ccea_by_katcombs-db29qqv3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_77421913258c74fc10de10_by_katcombs-db29qqo

Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Thanks, that Inkscribble doll maker is good for certain mermaids.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Seabreeze turned out beautifully! The cool look of her blue and white appearance is broken by the warm rosy red and gold.The background enhances this visual duality and brings out her true nature - warm at heart. I love you
She's fun as first Pixie with the prickly arms ^^ and High-One-like in the second Pixie maker. I love how her hair turned out on the dark fairy one and her outfit fits very well, too!
I like that both Lau turned after her and Elm's fair crest also shows her heritage, Kat. Given Seabreeze's features her mate must be the dark-skinned, black(blue)-haired irritable Stormcaller! ^^

It's great to have the triplet sisters for direct comparism. Lau is very much her mother's daughter! It's hard to see the ears on this scale and perspective ... I can guess how they look from Elm's snapshot. What I can see suits her well!

My Seablaze obviously made an impression on you. Very Happy I've overdone a bit with the glitter - the red in her tail and top normally shows more. But I've figured that she was working magic - blazing magic - and illuminated the dark depths.

This is the doll who inspired Seablaze ...

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Abendg10 - Abendglut (EveningGlow)

WOW Shocked ... Amazing Seablaze, Prism! She's a ravishing beauty - strong and proud. You've totally captured her appearance and attitude. Thank you so much for the awesome gift! I love you

Dewberry and Moonshine are so adorable - soft and sweet in misty darkness the one, a bit shy and unsecure in dimmed sunlight the other. Darlings both of them. They could be friend ... they should be! Love how they turned out on this maker.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Great new additions, Kat! The one in teal is dressed like a practical girl ... but her eyes show the dreamer. The sea and the stars ... I see both in her. Her eyes are like stars and the starlite sky is her background. A stargazer? A navigator - finding her way with the stars? Even her pearl armwrap symbolizes stars for me.
The Pretty Pixie maker shows the star symbols too ... pensive. Just cute on the other one - but you gave her star pearls again. Smile Fire and light for the Dark Fairy ... and the star eyes again.

Mhhh... Ice Crystal is my girl. ^^ I'm amazed how lively the grey looks in this combination - and icy. Pretty fins - and a nice twist to use leg-warmers to mimic the fins. ^^
(coincidentally I've made an ice elf for my GreenGrowers too)

The boy is cute ... and more of a "lander elf" judging by his look. Love the surprised exprission for his Pixie self - it goes so well with the pose! LOL ... this leaf in the background looks like a tail! rofl
The "Elven Prince" makes me think of a tinkerer, a boat builder maybe. He could team up with the star eyed girl. The gender bender version turned out fab. Kudos for the belt - inventive use and just like the first design.

I like the group shots. They give the impression of some dynamic and interaction is happening between the characters. Violet and Ice Crystal are strong contrasts. They can either be complementary friends or opponents. The tinkerer and star pearl are "just frieds" ... not admitting their mutual attraction yet. And Seabreeze waves goodbye to her triplets. They are ALL here to wish them luck for their quest! Wink

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica82 - Kelp

The dressmaker of the Mer-elves has no magic, is very shy and silent. She considers herself minor, unattractive and uninteresting. Her only goal and joy is to make her tribemates feel comfy and pretty.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh wow! Kelp looks like she'd just blend into the sea! I love how you have her hair shimmering! I may change Seabeeze's boots, but they were the closest I could find.

Just some IMVU today... Coralberry took me forever to figure out..
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 294585123 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 294585133 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458511

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

I disagree with Kelp - I think she's pretty and cute. ^^ And she is a good example of my preference for colors blending in. Thank you for giving her love, Kat. Very Happy The "glitter" is supposed to be magic "rubbing off" from magically enhanced plants. But I really like how her hair turned out - I'll make it her generic look.

Seabreeze is a sweetheart - very cute looking in this layered skirt. It works as symbolic fins, too! Coralberry is worth the effort - her attitude shows! Exotic fins and ears. I like this hairdo.
Yup, that's how I've imagined the ears - and they suit Elm very well! Fitting for the Storm Elves. Like

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Magica81 - Meerschaum

Her name is a German word literally meaning sea foam and a term for a mineral (sepiolite) ... not sure whether meerschaum actually became an English word as my dictionary suggested.
I don't know exactly who she is and what's her position in the tribe - got the impression that she is a younger one (clearly beyond pip age tho), well liked by her tribemates and friends with everyone.
ChristinaRaibert wrote:
Maybe she's something of a jewelry maker for her tribe, as the little coral in her hand suggests - or she could be a healer more attuned to coralshaping, like Snakeskin. Or... a midwife like Kirith? Kinda symbolic that this "creature of light" is the first to welcome pips into the world - especially to the light of her being so young too.
(comment from the old SoC)
I like her idea of Meerschaum being an undeveloped healer and midwife. *needs Mer-Elf pip!*

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Ran out of time today... will comment soon.
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_211326815358c9b453d3c4d3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_94320222358c9b98abce0c3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_65685946158c9c07d921233 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 29458516_5192798758c9c40ddae35
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Laced shoes are more like Seabreeze Very Happy and the too. Allows a good view on webbed ears and hairdo as well. Shiny mature Twitterfin, Kat. I always think the pip is dreaming up her adult appearances. ^^
WOW for Sweetdusk! This outfit is a perfect choice - capturing both her first design and some modern ancient-roman style. The headdress is awesome for a mer-elf - complete with pearls. And her necklace repeats the golden flower motive.

Looking forward to meet the other girls ... and boy(s) of course! Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next