Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread

Go down 
+20
MrsGrizzley
Davrille
Leanan
thetrappedartist
Beryl
G0lden
Vaeri
Nightsea
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Tymber
sun girl
Startear
ErinC1978
Fairyring
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Tam
ChristinaRaibert
TrollHammer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Ok, while I know these bases don't capture the male elves' body styles all that well I couldn't help but play around with some fun what-ifs, as in, what if these guys went Wavedancer?
--Nightsea

These are mind blowingly awesome! Especially the Cutter with the "shell" pants/skin!

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for the praise, Tymber!

It is up to you if you want to let the image inspire your grab bags...but if it does that's super!

I got inspired to try to doll her some more on two more bases, the Xgirl one you like and the Perfect Princess (both on dolldivine):
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 ClouddreamerX1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 ClouddreamerPerfectPrincess

The outfit has slight variations...but the same idea of strappy clothing in Moonshade's colors,
with a berry-colored necklace ala Crescent.

You didn't say if you liked my choices (some or any ones in particular that are ok or not so much), so I hope the dollz are in keeping with your Foxhair parent idea.

I know I take enormous liberties in giving YOUR characters a look at all. So I will always take any feedback you care to give and if possible change the images. Feel free to offer exact ideas or make requests. Of course that goes for any doll of your characters...have you looked at the gathered ones and the text descriptions for them in my thread on the dolling forum? I'd love
your input if you have.

Again, thanks for the freedom you've allowed in playing. I dig making elves have a visual!
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm

You've put a lot of thought in Clouddreamer. The continuing swraps and stripes a a very characteristic style - great idea to mirror it in her hairdo as well. I love the berry colors for he, close enough to Moonshade's color scheme to spark the association, different enough to avoid a "carbbon copy". The Crescent necklace is such a lovely touch. I love the subtle little details like headband, feather adornement and knife you've added, Nightsea, and the wide confident smile. Last not least absolute natural hand edit!

Those many ways and reasons to doll, Nightsea ... for me they are manifold variations of the two basic ways I found for myself. My way ... many other ways and thoughts and reasons ... Vive la différence! Smile

OMG! More Clouddreamer ... awesome! As I said - distinctive, absolutely recognizable style. Absolutely opposing bases yet both X-Girl and Disney Princess are Clouddreamer without doubt. A strong character!
You gave her a visible face, even life ... now I'm sorry she is dead.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Thanks for the praise, Tymber!  
It is up to you if you want to let the image inspire your grab bags...but if it does that's super!
You didn't say if you liked my choices (some or any ones in particular that are ok or not so much), so I hope the dollz are in keeping with your Foxhair parent idea.

Well, I am LOVING these! LOVING them! You can't ask me to say what I don't like! It's like discussing what I don't like about my own child! (I don't have a child, but these are children of my imagination - giving amazing life, by your time and talent!)

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:49 am

I'm so glad you enjoy these images, Tymber!  

And thanks for the thoughtful comments, Embala!  Your feedback always makes me glad I put in those little details because I know someone will see them!  Smile

So now that Clouddreamer is designed visually, I used the official Avatar Maker at EQ (and then
edited to get more choices of course...like one with necklace and one without) and also the Lunaii base cause it is just cute:

1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Clouddreameravatarmaker11 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Clouddreameravatarmakerandnecklace1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 ClouddreamerLunaii

Smiles like Clouddreamer (also picked her wide smile to go with her name...a dreamer should smile I think!),
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:28 am

You've made best use of the EQ Avatar maker, Nightsea! I don't know the maker well enough to know where you've recombined or hand edited the options. Pretty sure you gave Clouddreamer the special braids *loves* and the bright smile. I'm amazed how you made her SHINE.
The Lunaii version is a cutie. I love that you never forget to add the berry beads necklace.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Love the new additions.

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks! Smile

Here's some attempts at Embala:
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmbalaAvMaker 1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmbalaAvMakerTwoMoons

I made the Two Moons background to show why her ears are pointy. She's on Abode!

Do you have an elf character I could try, G0lden?
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

I loved Embala with the crescent moons at first sight. I love you With your explanation it's even more precious - so thoughtful! The star-spangled space and the blue eyebrows are a nice touch.
The slightly turquoise eyes suit her. I should define her eyes as colorchanging - from ice blue to sky blue to sea turquoise ... Very Happy

Thank you for those awesome gifts, Nightsea!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:09 am

No surprise, that though Clouddreamer in my stories, has already died; your dolls have given her new life and she was the main center piece (along with Foxhair, her daughter) of the latest (and probably one of the longest!) grab bags I've done - entirely dedicated to you Nightsea, and the wonderful work you do bringing my characters to life - and making my writing far more emotional for me, now that I see their faces more clearly. Thank you for all you do. You're amazing. You're talented. And I am glad to have met you!
https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t300p30-grab-bag-august-2015#10765

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Love the new one on Embala, Nightsea.  I like the second one best, but both are fantastic.

This is for a character that I hope to begin writing on in the near future.

Basic idea. Female. Maintains a human form. but not human, more of a being that is immortal. She would be petite with auburn hair with gray eyes. She also has a bit of a fuller figure.

Let's see she can more through the trees with the ease of a wood elf and well as ride a horse. So we would need clothes that are easy to move in as well as blend in with the environment.

For weapons a long bow, short sword or knives.

Hope that helps.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:42 pm

1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Wip_seaglade_bittie_tree_by_katcombs-d90qroe
Finally finished this family tree, base by Wayuki

1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Original_family_tree_by_katcombs-d97dv8u
And the original family tree before I added to it...

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 pm

The family tree turned out great, Tynami!. Makes it easy to keep track on your increasing cast. Smile *blinks* ... O.O thought that Blomstre was adopted, too ... *is corrected*

Cute Wayuki base I love you The tiny dolls are adorable - so detailed and distinct. *bows* Masterly as usual, Tynami.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Embala wrote:
thought that Blomstre was adopted, too ... *is corrected*

I can't remember, but at one time she may have been. Once I added in Marcenia with Ravendusk she seemed the perfect child of the two considering he's so woodsy and she's a tigerelf. I'm in the middle of making allllll of my characters on this base, including Change's other names.

All the minis I've made for others are now here: http://katslegends.x10host.com/index.html and as soon as I get this set done I'll be adding all these to my OC Sprite page (they're on my main sprite page right now with the elfquest and such, but will be on their own page next update so I can load it easier)
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Wow I got a peek at the page you made for the dollz I've made for your characters, katcombs!
It is cool to see them collected...who knew I made so many over the years?

I'd like to collect them into my threads here...but so time consuming to link...I haven't even
found all the images of my own characters again yet!

On that note...I made a new Softfeather:
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 ASoftfeather

Smile
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:59 am

WOW! Where have you found this "High One" base? *blinks* Simply made for tall sleek elves ... minus the additional digits. ^^
I love the contrast of silky pants and fluffy feather boots. The belt adds movement and completes softfeather's typical look. Great hand edits, Nightsea. I'd take a bet you have changed eyes and cheekbones as well.

Awww... I love you You'v emade such a wonderful page with my gift dollz, Tynami. Hug
The variety, quality and sheer amount of Tynami dollz made by Nightsea is overwhelming.
Not to mention your own works ... I could get lost in those files.

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Sadly, Embala, I can no longer find the exact base I used on my last Softfeather.  I did indeed edit the fingers and I made the head larger to fit elf-ness.  If I ever do find the base I'll post the link.  I believe it was hosted on deviantart, but HOURS of searching there has had no luck.

I tried to post a rant in the issue 11 thread...but somehow it got deleted.  It's just as well.
To calm myself and try to remain EQ positive I've decided to make some dolls.

The first two are of Vaeri's character because she is so pretty and I saw her avatar in the issue 11 thread:
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 VaerionSnowbase1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 VaeriSailorsenshi3
first base = Snow Queen  second =Sailor Senshi version 3

And a Nightsea on the Sailor base, since that was a new base for me:
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 SailorSenshi3makerNightsea

--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Awww... I'm sorry you've lost that base for Softfeather, mostly because of you, Nightsea! *hugs* You could have done more great guys on it!

Speaking about great ...
Vaeri turned out wonderful on the Frozen base, totally the soft timid Sunvillager. Laborious details with all her jewelry, well worth the effort. Sailor Senshi illustrates her inner strength, lovely with a feisty touch. Once again you nailed her general look and all the specific detail.

Your Nightsea is ravashing! Figure-flattering choices, fitting top additions and awesome face edits! So absolutely Nightsea - the face alone would identify her. Oh - and I love your ear ring creation. Smile

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for the positive and speedy feedback!  As always I adore reading your comments because I know someone looks so closely at my efforts and your keen eyes and kind heart make my day.

This maker has awsome potential...so here's the rest of my personal cast:
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 VythaSailorbase
1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 WavedancerSailor1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 SoftfeatherSailor

I'm not sure if I'll get more time...but this maker would be one I'd recommend to other dollers...
it is fun and even has guys and animals as well as good drag and drops, & elf ears too!

Happy,
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 2:18 am

WOW! Vytha is on a par with Nightsea! And I'm pretty sure you've made the ears look elfquesty in this case.

Your guys are fab, Nightsea. The cape you added to Wavecather's "dry-look" is a win. It makes his look more memorable and shows that he like pretty things. You should keep this "water-jewel"! Softfeather is ready for a celebration, is he? I like how you 've made his feather collar, the fluffy boots and his belt pattern. Obligatory finger and toe edits, ear corrections and an eye treatment for Softfeather ... very expressive.
The bond dolfin and the bird companion ar a win.

I hope you will find time soon to return to dolling - maybe with this maker.

The maker is great and you've made best use of it.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 am

love the new dolls.

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Here's canon Leetah on the newest maker:

1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 SailorLeetah

Smile
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:13 pm

You are always so good with Leetah, Nightsea! Awesome redisign with the skirt and sleeve ... and the face obviously got the same attention as Nightsea. FAB.

ErinC1978

ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

OMG, those Kahvi and Nightfall repainted dolls are gorgeous! Are they My Scene Barbie mods? The proportions don't look quite as extreme as Monster High or the like.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Nightsea the Leetah doll is wonderful.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   1 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next