Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant Away Please

Go down 
+38
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Prayer
Trollbabe
G0lden
PCoquelin
Embala
Sifra
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
underthetree
ErinC1978
Zadzi
sun girl
Wisp
Outlier
Bluetree
Tam
Startear
Shadowpath
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
Nibblet
jaRf
Leanan
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
wolfmoonsky
KR Wordgazer
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Miscellaneous
Davrille
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
manga
Kojiyumi
anj tuesday
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 am

I got a glowing annual review, five months late, after which they tossed me a pittance.

I still despise job hunting, but it looks like I have no choice.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 3:17 pm

I can't believe it happened again. Two more mass shootings, 3 in one week. First Gilroy, CA. 3 dead, two were children and at the Garlic Festival, a simple family event. Then El Paso, TX. A crowded Walmart of all places. 20 dead and 27 injured. Then move on to Dayton OH, a nightclub/ bar. Still a place for mostly the young to gather. 9 dead and 27 injured.

When will the killing stop. When will people start to realize that we have a President who willfully stirs the pot called racism. This is domestic terrorism that is openly supported by many of those who believe in Trump's rhetoric.

It is time to put people first. Background checks for all sales will help. Reduce magazine size for those who think they need to own an assault weapon and at not in the military. Raise the age of gun ownership.

How many more will need to die because we put the rights of gun owners ahead of everyday citizens whether they own a gun or not.

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 am

@ G0lden: Couldn't agree more.  Scrap 2nd Amendment but for front loading single shot arms as state of tech way back then.  Thorough background checks needed, no one with a history of violence or rightwing extremism should be able to own anything more dangerous than a butter knife. Raise licensing age to 21 at least.  Ban semiautomatics.  Largest mags for pistols permitted 6 shots.  Ban assault guns altogether, make possession a crime punishable by 20 years in prison, knowledge of possession 10 years.  Ban the NRA as a criminal association.  

And kick that orange nightmare out of the White House!

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 am

As 'usual' (unfortunately), my position on this subject is this :

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 Batman10

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Until the US fixes the problems leading to criminal activity involving firearms, the problem will never go away. I believe the US has around 20,000 laws pertaining to firearms on the books already. Adding a few more isn't going to make much of a difference. We could make them all illegal, but the criminals who do not care about the laws are still going to find them. Or perhaps make their own.

We have to look deeper than what our political leaders are saying because they have an agenda to get re-elected. This problem goes way deeper than guns, race or even mental illness.

We need to cure the root cause, not the surface symptoms.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Many people of the "ban all guns"-camp like to cite Europe and its rather low rate of gun-violence. However, people from either side of the pond seem to be unaware that it's actually not that difficult to buy and own a gun in Europe. Some countries even have a rather high number of gun-ownership (e.g. Switzerland, Sweden, Finland). But obviously there are background-checks, state-issued permits and psychological exams.

As far as I know, most mass-shootings aren't done by (professional) criminals but by individuals with mental and societal issues.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 am

Very good points. From what I've been reading after checking many sources, a textbook "mass shooting" involves four or more people being injured and/or killed. Once you look at those numbers, the criminals win by a very large margin.

But you are right about mental and societal issues...perhaps these people who commit these horrific atrocities are simply just psychopaths? But what pushes them over the edge...I wish I had an answer. Sad
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 pm

FWIW I had another thread about the Gilroy shooting, as it was Elfmom's hometown (not birthplace.)

I agree with Icetooth that gun laws have no effect on the lawless. With my bloodline, I'm in no hurry to scrap any amendments.

Mass shootings have been going on for decades. The media refuses to point a finger at itself for giving the shooters the notoriety they want. How much attention do they give winners of Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, Rhodes Scholarships or the National Spelling Bee? They only drag out our aging veterans for comment on the anniversaries of the most horrific days of their lives, but don't get me started on that.

I don't blame our President for anything until law enforcement professionals tell me "the President made him do it." There were 32 mass shootings during the Obama administration. BTW The Dems couldn't come up with a better candidate, which is why I voted for Castle, and would do so again.

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 pm

i gotta admit, i was kinda avoiding this thread...but i am relieved to see simple common sense being the majority in this discussion, and not the damn political "he said, she said" that i keep seing...-_-

but i do very much agree. i'd had the thought for a couple years now, but it keeps coming back. i remember a good handful of years ago when yes, if a shooting happened it was a very big and tragic story...but now...now you see it in the paper or news and it's "just another shooting". which is very sad...they have become far too common place.

also add to the list, just had a shooting this week in my town...at a mall i've been to! O.o BJ's restuarant in Winston Salem.

but i'm not sure i want to talk about that because that could open a whole new kettle of fish with it's subject matter...
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 am

The problem is lobbyists and it's not going to stop until something is done about the Citizens United stuff and the dirty money in general is turned out. All this crying about mental illness and Trump quietly rolled away Obama-era checks on mental illness, soooo, it's not a good look. Also saying there were more shootings back then... I mean LOL seriously, it's only been 2 years or so, that's kind of silly vs. the 8 years Obama was in. NONE of this is normal under ANY president AT ALL, it's all bad unless you want to count the increase in hate crimes btw but never mind that. It's the entire government's policies because of LOBBYING and MONEY. Take that away and none of this would happen at this alarming rate. It just would not.

I'm actually sick that they don't say much about the victims. The only time it was done was during the Dylan Roof church shooting. I'm not a fan of CNN or any major network but CNN ran a full obit of every single victim and as far as I am concerned that is the best thing you can do. They need to stay short and curt about the shooter and run long lists about the victims. Humanize them. Every single one. Because this is just another 15 mins of fame for these idiots who do it. Take that away from that for god's sake.

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 am

This for one of my customers.  No, it is not my job to read to you your last transactions slowly so you can write them down.  That is your responsibility you are the card holder.  You have tools to use to go over your transactions.  One of them is called the website.  If you don't want to use the internet, then get a checkbook ledger and use it.  When I have to take my time to slowly assist you, so you can write things down, you are taking me away from other customers with more pressing needs. I only have 3 mins on average to service each call and to have to waste my valuable to go over your transactions slowly is not going to happen.

Plus to add to the fact, I had the gut instinct that you would nitpick every single transaction. Maybe even going as far as asking the location and what you purchased.  I can see it now a simple call turning into a 10+ headache. No thank you.

I don't get paid enough to deal with selfish people like you.  Time to grow up and take responsibility for your spending.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Denmark for the love everything, don't sell Greenland to that piece of human filth.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 4:48 pm

We don't actually want to buy Greenland itself. We simply want to buy up its supply of ice, to build a magnificent glacial wall between the US and Mexico.

Maybe Denmark could buy Puerto Rico instead. Conditions would certainly improve.

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Dear Mr. Jackass Recruiter,

I don't care how special you think you are, but you are horrible at your job.

When you tell the hiring manager that you've spoken to me and actually haven't, you're an idiot.

When I have to reach out to you to discuss the job and you only communicate via text, you're an even bigger idiot!

I am not going to do your job for you. You are a recruiter - it is YOUR JOB to reach out to candidates and tell them about the job. Look at my resume again...I once helped build a team of skilled professionals by recruiting, interviewing and hiring candidates. And it was my job to reach out to them and treat them with respect. I was representing my company and our team when I did so and I took that job very seriously.

You are representing your entire company when you interact with a candidate. Right now your entire company looks like a gang of idiots because you apparently don't know how to treat people with respect. You promised me you would follow up on some details, and you never did. I reached out to you once and you said you were still waiting to hear back about these details. And then you disappeared.

And the messed up part is that I wasn't some random candidate. One of my old colleagues recommended me for the job and you've already hired a few people from my old company. These people know me and know I can deliver results. Even with a personal recommendation, you still treated me like a number rather than a human being.

I can only imagine how I'd be treated if I actually accepted a job!

Just because some of my old colleagues were desperate to leave our dysfunctional company doesn't give you the right to treat me like crap. Apparently you spoke to one of them about me but didn't have the courtesy to talk to me directly.

And to my old colleague - you can go suck eggs. When you told me to email the recruiter and your new manager and tell them how much I wanted to work for them, did you not realize what you were asking? You were asking me to beg for a job - a crappy job from a bunch of idiots! I'm sorry, but I'm not that desperate and I want to work for someone who values my experience and skills and doesn't hire idiots.

Perhaps your company is a good one and this recruiter is just one bad apple. But somehow, I don't think so.

So, my beautiful gang of idiots, you can Take This Job and SHOVE IT!  44
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm ashamed to work here. The way in which you treat your customers is only a little better than the way in which you treat your employees and managers.

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 pm

OK... Denmark swaps Greenland for Puerto Rico, the Netherlands swap Curacao for Florida, Japan swaps Okinawa for Hawaii, China swaps Hongkong for both Koreas, Russia swaps Crimea for Alaska and all of the tiny states in the Pacific offer themselves to the highest bidder as they will be gone in 20 years anyway.  I wouldn't want to draw maps within the next 50 years...

Actually, this isn't a rant - more like a satire.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Stormcatcher wrote:
OK... Denmark swaps Greenland for Puerto Rico, the Netherlands swap Curacao for Florida, Japan swaps Okinawa for Hawaii, China swaps Hongkong for both Koreas, Russia swaps Crimea for Alaska and all of the tiny states in the Pacific offer themselves to the highest bidder as they will be gone in 20 years anyway.  I wouldn't want to draw maps within the next 50 years...

You know, Hawaii and Okinawa used to be independent countries (kingdoms actually) until fairly recently.

If I were the POC, I'd grant Hong Kong independence, but cut it off completely from the Chinese market. China doesn't derive taxes from Hong Kong and trading with it is only about 2% of China's trade volume. The mainland, however, is the only reason why HK is considered a financial hub. Without access to China, HK not only looses a large portion of its GDP, it'll suddenly be burdened with extra costs like keeping an army.

Doesn't Greenland have an own prime minister? I think Greenland could sell itself.

Hmm, I've recently heard that the glaciers at Greenland melt faster than thought. Supposedly the melting could rise the sea levels more than 7 meters. Maybe swapping for islands isn't the smartest business decision anyway.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Since a couple of you are job hunting, this is for you Smile

I've been looking for a new job for six months, six month I've been actually unemployed after quitting my old job.
When I quit my job, I thought finding a new one should be fairly easy. Unemployment in Germany is on a record low, I have a higher university degree, worked five years as a project manager in Shanghai, fluent in Chinese, gifted with the "bestest" (I know that's not a word) of soft skills. Everyone I meet will tell me how interested, intelligent and eloquent I am. With 33y I'm not even that old. I had great job interviews, interviews that went on for longer than planned because we just kept talking.
No job offer.

Even with all my self-confidence, that hurt. Especially a carrier-focused person like me.

Long story short. Two days ago, I got an offer at a large, international company. They offered me a higher package than originally intended (they acknowledge my job experience), they want me two start in two weeks. It's an incredible chance and after being in a dark pit for months, my mood is finally lifted again.

Sometimes it really does take its time

XOXO

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 pm

That's great news, Miss Gillespie! Like Congratulations and good luck with the new job.

And it's an encouraging message for those who are looking for a job right now - or will in future.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 am

Yay! Miss Gillespie! Congrats on the new job. I've started to look for another job. Hopefully I will have one soon.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 11:19 pm

Congrats, Miss Gillespie! 

Quick rant from me....
There's been a car across the street from my house for the last 2, almost 3 hours parked the wrong way and a couple either sitting on the curb or their hood talking. Has me unnerved beyond belief...

On top of that the other person who does the job I do called off for the holiday so I'm on all ALL WEEKEND 24/7 and irritated as heck cause I know I'll be called all night and still have a 12 hour shift in the morning.

Plus feeling sick as heck.... miserable and my son with his two very small kids are coming over tomorrow while I'm feeling sick... wanna see them, but won't be here :faceplant:

Update:
Car took off after I turned on the porch lights... but work keeps calling me... gads, I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:44 pm

My mother is going through some kind of phase and she's making me very nervous. No

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 am

System: We'll give you a week - sometimes less than that - to read letters we send you, and react on them.
Also System: Hope you don't mind if it takes a month for us to work on your case!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 7:09 pm

ARGH!!! I think my cat is mad at me, she just pissed in the middle of my bed!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 4:57 pm

I think you'll find it's her bed now!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: