Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...

Go down 
+18
Yeee
Davrille
Prayer
Tymber
Embala
Shadowpath
Startear
Redhead Ember
TrollHammer
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
Fairyring
Outlier
Vaeri
Nightsea
Wiseshaman
Tenderfoot
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Empty
PostSubject: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:54 am

(posting the original post information by KRwordgazer from the original forum that can be found here:)
http://elfquest.com/forums/discussion/4749/build-a-grab-bag-for-the-month

KRwordgazer:
This is a discussion thread for a new monthly stories/poetry/art challenge that many of us have decided we'd like to do. It's a "grab bag" in which the artist or writer has to create a work combining a group of items or elements chosen by us all.

Each month everyone who plans to contribute can name one item each that they'd like to be part of the story, poetry or art. The challenge is for the artist or writer to put all those elements into the work. (But you can only put in an item if you plan to contribute-- so we don't get people coming and naming items that are impossible to write about or draw, because they have no intention of trying to do it themselves.) Each month we will use this "build a grab-bag" thread to come up with a new set of elements for the next month.

(BTW, if you post an item because you plan to contribute, and then life gets in the way and you can't, that's ok. We'll all understand. )

To kick it off, the suggestions for May are:

New Beginnings
Metamorphosis
Blooming
A storm
Rain

Last edited by TrollHammer on Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : *added the remaining elements *imported the information from the old discussion thread)
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:30 am

TrollHammer, I'm going to go ahead and quote KR Wordgazer from her post as well, just in case others have trouble with the link, or (High Ones forbid) something happen with the old Scrolls and it disappears.

KR Wordgazer wrote:

This is a discussion thread for a new monthly stories/poetry/art challenge that many of us have decided we'd like to do. It's a "grab bag" in which the artist or writer has to create a work combining a group of items or elements chosen by us all.  

Each month everyone who plans to contribute can name one item each that they'd like to be part of the story, poetry or art. The challenge is for the artist or writer to put all those elements into the work. (But you can only put in an item if you plan to contribute-- so we don't get people coming and naming items that are impossible to write about or draw, because they have no intention of trying to do it themselves.) Each month we will use this "build a grab-bag" thread to come up with a new set of elements for the next month.

(BTW, if you post an item because you plan to contribute, and then life gets in the way and you can't, that's ok. We'll all understand.  )

So the challenge now is to list a group of items or elements that need to be in February's stories. Once we have some, I will open a "February 2006 Grab-Bag" thread.

Everyone with me?

Thanks for kicking this off, TrollHammer. I had every intention to, but Ive been so swamped with work and trying to do stuff here  Razz

So we have New Beginnings as you started with ^__^

I suggest..... metamorphosis

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Santa_10TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Downlo23TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Av_cut10TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:37 am

I was just thinking about these to try and wake the muse fully....

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Sigimage
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Well, jump in! Smile

New Beginnings
Metamorphosis

Im thinking to give everyone time this the first one will be for May?
Oh, and if Kin wants to switch this over to Kword or something, it was Kword's baby to begin with, didnt want to take it as mine or anything.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 pm

I'll love I love you to see this return!

I'd like to join in but I don't feel like I can promise anything at the moment.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:43 am

Definitely for May, TrollHammer, good idea Wink

How many elements do we want to add to the list?

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Santa_10TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Downlo23TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Av_cut10TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 am

I think four would be a good number to shoot for maybe? At least to get it going? We used to do 4-6 before.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:18 am

Blooming

A storm

(trying to think kinda spring, since it's for May)

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:40 am

Can we rescue the other old prompts? I think a bunch fell by the wayside, but were still really good. I know I made notes somewhere, but... organizational fail.

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 am

Sure!! That's an excellent idea!

Back to top Go down
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 am

Oooh, now let's see... trying to match up with the other prompts, thinking spring, thinking May, thinking...

Rain!

(becuase I love it! except when I have to wait for the bus in it - then I hate it)
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 5:30 pm

New beginnings
Metamorphosis
Blooming
A storm
Rain

Any others?

And kin, since you put in 3 we expect 3x more work out of you! Just joking boss.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:17 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

And kin, since you put in 3 we expect 3x more work out of you! Just joking boss.

Oh, you're evil, TrollHammer Razz Just evil! Laughing

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:39 pm

I try...

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 pm

oooooohhh, this might be the bump my muse needs to get back to work... I'd love to start writing some short snippets again!

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

I think 5 elements is enough to start out with it to get our muses/engines started again ^__^

So this will be for May, which gives everyone enough time to get started! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:02 am

Just letting everyone know, who is interested in joining, that the 5 elements have all been edited into Trollhammer's 1st post!

Although this is for the month of May, please feel free to start and post any contributions now! We're just starting early to help get our creative engines started again I love you

Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:49 am

ohhhh...I think I'm in for sure...those elements fit right into an idea I have...

What a Face

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:27 pm

So... what will happen with topics?
Will this thread stay "build the grab-bag" for all months, separate topics created on the 1st to start posting creations?
Or will this thread become the Grab-Bag May 2015 thread, and we'll start a new thread to build and post everything next month?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Would be "cleaner" to have a new thread for the actual grab-bag and keep this for gathering the keywords. My two cents. Smile

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Yeah I agree, I'd like it better to have a separate thread for gathering the themes...

If only because the monthly bump would remind me of the grabbags!

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Embala wrote:
Would be "cleaner" to have a new thread for the actual grab-bag and keep this for gathering the keywords. My two cents. Smile

Yeah, that's what we'll do. Keeping this thread open for getting topics and a new one for the actual pieces is the best option.

So let it be written, so let it be done!

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:40 am

If I remember correctly (in the old Scroll days), that was how it was done. And I believe it was Arthis (when he became a preserver) who was the one who organized the actual grab bag threads (with the stories) by "sticky"ing them in monthly order, or he made one thread with the links to each month...

I'll have to ask him...

But yeah, I'll make a new thread for the actual stories for the month of May

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:34 pm

And some prefun....

The rain from the storm brought a new beginning for the blooming Dreamberry bushes, metamorphosing from drab green buds to vibrant flowers.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 7:15 pm

cheers for prefun tradition!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   TheyAreInTheFuture - Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... Empty

Back to top Go down

Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next