Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....

Go down 
+11
TrollHammer
Tymber
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Trollbabe
Lunakat
Kindredsoul
Wiseshaman
ChristinaRaibert
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:17 pm

You are welcome, Tymber. I am glad that you felt inspired! Like

Great story...! I am really improving my English skills, reading longer English texts. I can connect the useful with the pleasant.

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Your first contribution was like a dream, Tymber, a nightmare. It happens, you see it ... but it does not feel real. This sequal is like waking up, realizing that it was not a dream. This time it became real and both elf and reader must deal with this reality.

I had a tough time to find all the elements ... some were obvious, others I'm not quite sure. Unexpected use of "blooming" to describe Shadow's eyes! Chilling wind works for storm ... and I figure it's tears like rain? Not sure about the metamorphosis ... the change that happened to their holt? Well, it works for me! Sometimes it's even nicer to allow the reader some interpretation.

Poor Stream ... I fear for her sanity when this feeling of fail takes her captive. She's so determined to save everyone, feeling so responsible - but she cannot fight death itself. Though ... now I wonder what would happen when she tries to save someone who is on the very edge like One-Eye.

Tymber wrote:
Skyfire screamed and charged the Frost Men, and found an arrow piercing her already broken heart, before she slumped to the ground.
Make her Skyshade. And you have forgotten little Sunsword when you remembered the fallen. Sad

In a way I'm glad that Shadow was not betrayed by Humans he was familiar with.
So Stonehowl Holt will be abandonned ... a quest for a new holt. And who knows - the tribe might go full circle again in the long run.

I'm so glad that you are back to the tribe, Tymber. *hugs* That you have never abandonned Elfquest ... nor Stonehowl.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:53 pm

*chuckles* Thank you, Hammer and Tymber! Smile I see you've gotten my tiny contribution.

Talking of "tiny" and "reader's interpretation" ... someone figures out this?

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Gb_20110

It's supposed to be a contribution with all the elements ... kinda. Wink I still hope to find time and inspiration for a contribution that counts.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Fairyring wrote:

You are welcome, Tymber. I am glad that you felt inspired! Like

Yes! It was looking at the Atlas again - and thinking, "MuchCold Water..." And looking and seeing the river. And then thinking about one of my favorite shows on AMC called "Vikings." The idea of the "Frost Men" (Men of the North) was born! The elves would be attacked by humans who were very familiar with the art of warfare!

This would allow the diversity of humans (since most of the humans I have ever used have been pretty primitive humans!)

Fairyring wrote:

Great story...! I am really improving my English skills, reading longer English texts. I can connect the useful with the pleasant.

I didn't even know that English wasn't your native tongue! You structure your sentences very well!

Embala wrote:

Your first contribution was like a dream, Tymber, a nightmare. It happens, you see it ... but it does not feel real. This sequal is like waking up, realizing that it was not a dream. This time it became real and both elf and reader must deal with this reality.

That's a very cool way of thinking about it. You're amazing at making me sound way better than I really am! Smile

Embala wrote:

I had a tough time to find all the elements ... some were obvious, ohters I'm not quite sure. Unexpected use of "blooming" to describe Shadow's eyes! Chilling wind works for storm ... and I figure it's tears like rain? Not sure about the metamorphosis ... the change that happened to their holt? Well, it works for me! Sometimes it's even nicer to allow the reader some interpretation.

New Beginning - is the mention of leaving and starting anew.
Metamorphasis - Is the last line about they would have to make a change.
Rain - Foxhair is mentioned to be soaked in rain
Blooming - Was Shadow's eyes being as green as blooming grass
Storm - is the snow storm around them (mentioned throughout the story, though I never call it a "storm")

Embala wrote:

Poor Stream ... I fear for her sanity when this feeling of fail takes her captive. She's so determined to dave everyone, feeling so responsible - but she cannot fight death itself. Though ... now I wonder what would happen when she tries to save someone who is on te very edge like One-Eye.

Depending on the elements suggested for next month, something like that may happen! I definitely want to play with her emotions - and having "Survivor's Guilt." (Something at this time I sort of feel around work because of things that have happened here). So she will be my outlet of expression for that.

Embala wrote:

Tymber wrote:
Skyfire screamed and charged the Frost Men, and found an arrow piercing her already broken heart, before she slumped to the ground.
Make her Skyshade. And you have forgotten little Sunsword when you remembered the fallen. Sad

You are, of course, correct both times! Wrong name and I did forget to mention Sunsword.

Embala wrote:

In a way I'm glad that Shadow was not betrayed by Humans he was familiar with.
So Stonehowl Holt will be abandonned ... a quest for a new holt. And who knows - the tribe might go full circle again in the long run.

I am definitely looking forward to next month's element suggestions! To see where I take the story next! I love not knowing - and having to come up with something each month! I enjoy the challenge! Each month it is written as a "as is" - with no idea where I want to take the story next - because I want the suggested elements to "talk to me" and tell me where it goes next.

Embala wrote:

I'm so glad that you are back to the tribe, Tymber. *hugs* That you have never abandonned Elfquest ... nor Stonehowl.

I am glad to be back. I never forgot anyone, that's for sure. I was sad to be away from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Embala wrote:

*chuckles* Thank you, Hammer and Tymber! Smile I see you've gotten my tiny contribution.
2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 GB_2015-05_old
It's supposed to be a contribution with all the elements ... kinda. Wink I still hope to find time and inspiration for a contribution that counts.

You have an amazing artist ability!

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:31 am

She does. A very profound ability to draw together various imagery into a well fitting collective whole. I have never seen anything she has put together that I didnt enjoy taking the time to look at.

That said, you have rain there,plain as day... a new beginning in the cub... metamorphosis in the tying of the chief's knot/lock... I could see Madcoil being described as a storm... Im not seeing how Bearclaw would represent blooming.... unless the metamorphosis was in the change brought on my Joyleaf's death, and Cutter is doing the blooming into the position of chief?

There are many interpretations of some of the elements, though, I guess...

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:47 am

TrollHammer wrote:

That said, you have rain there,plain as day... a new beginning in the cub... metamorphosis in the tying of the chief's knot/lock... I could see Madcoil being described as a storm... Im not seeing how Bearclaw would represent blooming.... unless the metamorphosis was in the change brought on my Joyleaf's death, and Cutter is doing the blooming into the position of chief?
There are many interpretations of some of the elements, though, I guess...

This is how I read it:

New Beginning - Rainsong and the cubs (new infant on her breast).
Metamorphasis - The creation of Madcoil was a metamorphosis.
Rain - Well, that'd be Rain, as in the character.
Blooming - Cutter blooming into becoming a chief.
Storm - Bearclaw's emotional storm.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:30 am

Embala wrote:
After years of rain and a world-shattering thunderstorm the grab-bags are reborn in a thriving metamorphosis.

Like  Like  Like  Like  Like  Awesome, great to the point contribution!

Embala wrote:

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 GB_2015-05_old

That's amazing work, Embala!! So great that you've included all the elements!! I interpreted it pretty much the same as Tymber.
As far as I'm concerned, you now have contributed twice!!

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:13 pm

This is a continuation of a story with characters from an old grab-bag. The rest can be found in my thread here.

May 2015 Grab-bag
-New Beginnings
-Metamorphosis
-Blooming
-A storm
-Rain

“Come closer.”

Lastlight edged nearer to where Sunflower stood beckoning.

“Now, shoot.”

Lastlight raised the bow, conscious of Sunflower's scrutinizing gaze. He tried to block her out, focusing instead on the striped tail that she had tied around a near-by tree. He aimed and let the arrow fly. It flew past the target, rustling the leaves of the bushes far to the left. Cursing silently, Lastlight began to let the bow drop when he was stopped by a sharp command from Sunflower.

“Hold still.”

She walked slowly around him, eyes critically scanning from head to toe. Abruptly, she dropped to her knees at his side and grabbed a firm hold on his foot. “Turn your toes...umph...this way!” She gave a tug on his boot, but it didn't move. She looked up, her large brown eyes teasing. “Come on now,” she gave his calf a little wiggle, “loosen up!”

He relaxed a little, and she wrenched the offending foot into the proper position. “Now this one...” She shifted so she was directly in front of him, crouched in the space between his feet. He tore his gaze away from the mass of golden curls bouncing near his waist, loose strands blown by the wind to tickle against his bare skin, to focus again at the target and almost jumped when a hand firmly pressed against his other shin. He tried to concentrate on remaining relaxed and pliant as the hand slowly made its way up, curling around the knee and continuing along his thigh, warm gentle pressure turning and adjusting his stance as it went. The sun-gold tendrils rose as she straightened, rising with the flush suddenly blooming on his neck and face. Her eyes met his, a smile quirking at the corner of her mouth. Her hands closed on his hips, pulling them close, aligning them with her own. “There! That's better. Now the arms.”

Lastlight struggled to remain still as she circled around behind him, her hand trailing around his chest to rest lightly on the backs of his arms. Her command was a gentle breath behind his ear. “Lift.” He raised the bow, glancing at her. At her nod, he slowly pulled the string back. Her hands tightened and he froze, muscles taut with the strain of resistance. One hand edged his draw-string elbow up slightly, the other lightly moving down the extended arm until he could feel her body echoing his stance behind him, skin just brushing against his own. So close, her voice was perfectly clear, although only a whisper. “Let go.”

The arrow flew, thudding straight into the target. Lastlight turned to Sunflower in awe, but his amazement at hitting the target was short-lived, replaced by more amazement as her arms tightened, drawing him close, lips meeting his. All thoughts of the shooting lesson feel away like the bow falling quietly to the ground. It was cold drops of rain that finally broke them apart, only to find a close, warm shelter from the rising storm.

------------

Twinstar marveled at her son's metamorphosis. He had gone out that evening mopey and withdrawn, smarting from a hunt gone wrong and returned, hand-in-hand with Sunflower, sodden but smiling, a new-found confidence lighting his face. She felt the worries of motherhood melting away. Her misfit cub was finally finding his place in the tribe.

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:32 am

Awh!!!! That's so adorable!!! Love it!!

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Easy to read and well written! Like

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:28 pm

I need to catch up on this thread, but... here's mine.  Yes, I'm perma-stuck in my AU. cat  And as I said in my other thread, Kin-chan, this one is for you, dear one!2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Hug

"First Day, Last Day"

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 First%20Day%20Manga2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Last%20Day%20Manga

*slinks off*

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:20 pm

Can I say how much I envy your artistic ability? Can I?

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Tymber wrote:
Can I say how much I envy your artistic ability? Can I?

No, you may not. That would be encouraging a twisted mind...

Just joking.

You're awesome Koji!

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:29 am

ありがとございます~! (≚ᄌ≚)

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:04 am

どういたしまして

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Great story, Outlier! Basically a scene of a few minutes onely but so lively written that I actually can see it like a movie scene. It shows that you know what you are talking about.

I had to go back and skim the previous stories in your thread to remember Lastlight's background. And a found the prequel with Sunflower ... smart one! She knows how to get what she wishes for.

I'm looking forward to more, be it Lastlight's story, Bearclaw's Wolfriders ... or something else.

Your family scenes are so adorable, Kojiyumi! I love the artwork and even more the way you've captured Kin's thought.
Wyl's pose in the first scene - so caring, confident and encouraging. The pocket watch is a neat detail. And litte Dia (Crescent) is such a big-eyes darling. She's still big-eyed in the second scene - the confident one now. Wyl actually looks aged here! O.O Poor daddy. ^^ I love that Eyrn's vest mimics the style of one of her original costumes.

It's a wonderful addition to the grab-bag, Koji. And a complete contribution, holding all the elements. The new beginning for little Dia, the tears for rain, Wyl's emotional storm, the metamorphosis in family dynamics ... and the blooming young woman.

Speaking of emotional storm ...
Tymber wrote:
This is how I read it:

New Beginning - Rainsong and the cubs (new infant on her breast).
Metamorphasis - The creation of Madcoil was a metamorphosis.
Rain - Well, that'd be Rain, as in the character.
Blooming - Cutter blooming into becoming a chief.
Storm - Bearclaw's emotional storm.
Your interpretation pretty much meets my intend, Tymber - the one variation can be changed by whim. Cutter stands for New beginnings as a chief and Rainson for blooming.

I love to read your thoughts too, Hammer. Smile It reminds me very much of my thoughts and ideas before the final decision. You are right, there can be many interpretations ... that's why I left the meaning open to the viewer.

Thank you for your praise Zhantee and loving comments, friends.

Thank you for great comment on the one-sentence-piece and the elements banner, fae. flower Looks like I'm back to the grab bags ... one way or the other.

Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
I need to catch up on this thread, but...  here's mine.  Yes, I'm perma-stuck in my AU. cat   And as I said in my other thread, Kin-chan, this one is for you, dear one!2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Hug

"First Day, Last Day"

2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 First%20Day%20Manga2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Last%20Day%20Manga

*slinks off*

This faboulous art is breathtakiiiing! Shocked I love you I love you I love you

I really love this style...it's like 'Elfquest goes Manga' and Wendy Pini herself was inspired of early manga artists as she said in an interview. Like

A wonderful contribution to the grab-bag! cheers cheers cheers

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Trollhammer, I loved how your story immerses its reader in the life and thoughts of a troll! I wonder where it is situated, and who the mysterious elf is!

faeriegirl, what an original viewpoint. Wonderful!

Red, such a cute and happy "forced" Recognition! I wouldn't have known who it was about if you hadn't explained later.

Trollbabe - short but surprising! Great work!

Tymber - this was my first glimpse of the elves and world you've created. Intense! I love it.

Tymber's second story - 'Frost Men' is a fitting name, for they chill me with their warlike ways. Those poor Stonehowl elves...

Embala - awesome banner (and megashort story Razz )

Outlier - Such a lovely seduction, such cute young lovers! Sweet and warm.

Kojiyumi - a whole story told in two images. Adorable!

-

I wasn't going to take part in this, as my muse is far too fickle for me to succeed in grab bag style writing. But it was pointed out to me that my latest fanfic, 'Shades of Jealousy', contains all the required elements. (I did make one edit, to bring the element of 'rain' more present...). I'm going to post it in my next post here. Zhantee

Last edited by Leanan on Fri May 22, 2015 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Shades of Jealousy

With eyes the purple of storm clouds, she watches from her hiding place while her lovemate holds another maiden in his arms. He is seated at a bench under blooming trees, and she is seated in his lap, almost like a child might be. She is not young, of course, but she is youthful, with her big, sky-blue eyes, her cloud of golden curls, not to mention her incessant giggling. She is wearing a blue dress that barely covers her pale limbs with its gossamer sheen.

The watcher in the shadows can watch no more, as a storm of jealousy rages through her. Her eyes stay dry, but in her soul, the dark clouds turn to incessant rain. He is mine, her tortured spirit keens, mine and mine alone! I know he never said so - I thought he didn't need to! I thought it was sure as set in stone!

With eyes green as strangleweed, she watches from the edge of the gathering. There is a celebration going on, but she does not feel like taking part. The golden-haired maiden – Deereen by name – is dancing, and all eyes are on her – all eyes but a pair of green ones. Their owner looks at her lovemate, trying to remember a time he looked at her this fondly.

She turns away and walks into the shadows, the rhythm of the music in her ears, while the strangleweed of jealousy grips her heart tight. How can he look at another so, when I am his? Am I not enough?

With eyes yellow like a flickering flame, she watches from the shadows while he walks Deereen through the long, dusty corridors of their mountain home. She speaks and he leans over and listens, though her talk is mindless chatter, childish stories of the world outside, told by one who can barely remember it. Surely he cannot find such talk entertaining?

She closes her eyes, and leans against the cold stone wall. Her soul is burning with the wrath of jealousy. I alone am worthy of him! I alone am his equal!

With eyes the gray of the ice in wintertime, she stands in the Chamber of the Egg, and looks at the changing patterns, immersing herself in their twists and turns to discover the truth. There is Voll, and there is herself, and there is another slim tendril of stone twisting around him, plain as day. A weak weed that cannot stand on its own but drinks the life of another. An empty vessel, asking to be filled with another's love and caring.

She looks longer still, and jealousy chills the very core of her being. She must end this, before it ends her. Voll, my love, my own true love, how can you turn away from my embrace? Why are your dreams full of golden-haired maidens dancing through the air? Would you love me better if I turned my hair golden, too? Would you dance with me, if I too could glide?

With eyes black like the darkest night, she walks into his chamber in the hours before sunrise. As she has expected, they are both there, asleep in each other's arms. Lovemates. It has come to this, it has gone too far.

Winnowill looks at her reflection in the tall silver mirror on the wall. The darkness of jealousy wipes away the last shreds of hesitation and the soft, suppressed whispers of her conscience. Only one of us can rule his heart, only one of us is suited to stand in his shadow and make him strong. And it will not be you, gentle Deereen.

With eyes red like blood, she works her dark magic. When Voll and everyone else wakes up, they will find Deereen enthroned, stone-like, reigning over the new magical entrance to and from Blue Mountain. For a while Voll will feel that something is missing, but his memory has been carefully tampered with, and he cannot put a name to his longing. Night by night, Winnowill walks in his dreams, and wipes away any memory that offends her. Her shadow power sneaks into the dreams of others, too, until no one remembers there was a maiden called Deereen. She is Door, now.

The red blood of jealousy still flows in Winnowill's veins. Never again will another steal my rightful place! I must have all control. It is the only way.

She puts on a sheer blue dress. She makes herself shorter and golden-haired. She changes her face, she turns her eyes blue as the sky.

Let him have his secret pleasures, if he is so fond of them! For one who can change the color of her eyes in a blink, and the dreams of another in the space between heartbeats, it is barely a challenge at all.

She waits for him under the blooming trees, which are shaped of shining metal, and decorated with jewelled blossoms that never fade.

She allows herself a small smile. This charade could even be amusing!

– END -

Notes (copied from the other topic): the name of this story is NOT a reference to 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. It is a reference to the 'Wolfrider's Reflections' song called 'Shades of Shadow', which is about Winnowill, and inspired me to write this story – especially the line ”She who sought my rule before – I was stronger, she is Door”.

As to Winnowill's color-changing eyes, I don't think it's written anywhere that she does that, but the variations shown in differed colored images of her seem to suggest this is the case. Plus of course she has the magic for that and more.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Fascinating tale, Leanan! *bows* I can so see Winnowill react like this ... can see it happen.

A grab-bag entry written by accident Shocked ... that's NEW! Blooming and strom ... literally there. An obvious metamorphosis. And a dark game starting. Such a subtly addition of rain. Self evidently ... as if it was planned this way from the beginning.

The repetitive use of eye color change remings me of a poem ... or an ancient story telling style. It structures the story and illustrates Winnowill's mood. Excellently written.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Leanan wrote:

Tymber - this was my first glimpse of the elves and world you've created. Intense! I love it.
Tymber's second story - 'Frost Men' is a fitting name, for they chill me with their warlike ways. Those poor Stonehowl elves...

Well, I suppose this is a good jumping on point as any, since I did a "kill sweep" (it'd been several years since I have written Stonehowl because of leaving the official forums - so much of it was forgotten). Some characters I remembered and still hold dear - they survived. So you're coming in with a nice clean slate. Smile

If you continue to read future grab bags with Stonehowl, I'd love any feedback! Even if it's brutally honest! It's the only way for me to grow! Hearing what I did right... and especially what I did wrong!

Leanan wrote:
Shades of Jealousy

Going to say it now - this was beautifully written! Is this inspired (as in a true part of Winnowill's origin? Was there a love mate she lost to another?) Regardless, I loved how each "eye color" change also went along with a "scene change." Very creative, very well written. Very easy to visualize!

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 5:41 am

Thanks guys! Dewshine

Tymber wrote:

Is this inspired (as in a true part of Winnowill's origin? Was there a love mate she lost to another?)

Not that I know of. Just in my twisted imagination.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 10:52 am

Leanan wrote:

Not that I know of. Just in my twisted imagination.

Well such "twisted imagination" is greatly welcomed when it comes with such talent!
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 4:05 pm

That was beautifully written, Leanan! You perfectly expressed Winnowill's evil thoughts and soul in this story. SO WINNOWILL.

Poor Door, though! It made me shudder like Leetha was in shock when she discovered that some of the Gliders became their "task".

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   2 - May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

May "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next