Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Generally, a shark's first reaction the taste of humans is, " Ew! I'm not eating that!"

Dolphins, including orcas, seals, and possibly Cephalopoda would be their best bet.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes but it's like the wolves in Cutter's tribe. Attack humans and such. Not normal wolf behavior. So if the Wave Dancers could influence sea life, shark frenzy would be ideal once the whales tip the boats.

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 am

See the Second Shark Fleet above...

Im not a marine biologist (leave that to one of my cousins, who got a masters degree in it... in THE MIDDLE OF THE FRIKKIN DESERT!!! She never got to swim with the dolfins she wanted to, and has spent plenty of time as a costco sample kiosk attendant) so I dont know about which whale's best for what, nor what whale is best at doing what (though norwals would be pretty nice as cleanup too), but the point being the Wavedancers should have some nice aquaintences out there with all the giant squid and whatever Abode has for ocean life (shoot, a sea urchin hand grenade would be decent!), but they dont have the 'spine' for it, fleeing instead of putting up a fight in the 'foam', deserting one 'kroosh'ing cove for another at the slightest hazard to the smallest 'krill'... I suppose I cojld go on, but considering all the theoretical opposition they have been up against you'd think they would have devised some method of defense or opposition.

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Banner11
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:59 am

To be perfectly blunt, the Wavedancers don't seem to have done much observation on the animals they live with, and, unlike most of the other elves, they don't seem to have any interest in bonding with animals. The Sun Folk domesticated both cats and zwoots, the Go Backs have deer, the Wolfriders have wolves, even the Gliders had their hawks. Wavedancers seem to have imposed isolation on themselves, not just from the humans, but from their entire ecosystem.

Tymber wrote:
Yes but it's like the wolves in Cutter's tribe. Attack humans and such. Not normal wolf behavior. So if the Wave Dancers could influence sea life, shark frenzy would be ideal once the whales tip the boats.

I think that would have more to do with the humans constantly attacking them first, but it's not just human over reaction that has people jumping from wolves in stories and legends. In the past they really were that dangerous. Humans made an easy target, especially for a lone wolf, or a pair and humans alone in wolf territory would have to be doubly on their guard.

But also, wolves are intelligent and social. Therefore, they're likely to respond quickly to threats to the group, and be smart enough to make a defensive move where necessary.

We don't know much about shark intelligence, or fish intelligence in general, but the only ones big enough to be a threat to humans aren't generally sociable. They also aren't likely to feel the need to cooperate with something that looks as much like food as a wavedancer would(most shark attacks on humans are theorized to be caused by our resemblance to clumsy seals). They're likely to scavenge on any remains, but probably wouldn't be super helpful in battle itself. Frankly, I doubt they'd be able to keep up their stamina long enough to get through a battle.

Dolphins and other toothed whales are social, and intelligent in ways that are more comparable to an elf or human brain. Orcas are definitely big enough to kill a man, and dolphins would be able to drag a human to death if they wanted to. Sperm whales(which tend to live in family groups made up of females and their offspring, groups which have been known to include members outside their species) would be big enough to cause slight damage to ships, and be able to coordinate well enough to perform group attacks.

Sorry, but as I've said before, sharks are nerds. Squid and whales and leopard seals are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 2:06 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:

To be perfectly blunt, the Wavedancers don't seem to have done much observation on the animals they live with, and, unlike most of the other elves, they don't seem to have any interest in bonding with animals. The Sun Folk domesticated both cats and zwoots, the Go Backs have deer, the Wolfriders have wolves, even the Gliders had their hawks. Wavedancers seem to have imposed isolation on themselves, not just from the humans, but from their entire ecosystem.

Well, that's what I am complaining about. There's an entirely huge missed opportunity (by the writers) to have made the Wave Dancers more than scared, little tuna fish. Which, really, is all that they are. And undoubtedly, the main reason I don't care (and actually hope!), that they get wiped out of existence in the upcoming war.

kathleen3.0 wrote:

We don't know much about shark intelligence, or fish intelligence in general, but the only ones big enough to be a threat to humans aren't generally sociable. They also aren't likely to feel the need to cooperate with something that looks as much like food as a wavedancer would(most shark attacks on humans are theorized to be caused by our resemblance to clumsy seals). They're likely to scavenge on any remains, but probably wouldn't be super helpful in battle itself. Frankly, I doubt they'd be able to keep up their stamina long enough to get through a battle. Sorry, but as I've said before, sharks are nerds. Squid and whales and leopard seals are the way to go.

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 3341591-aq3

This is how it SHOULD be in comics. Smile
#AquamanForTheWin
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Aaah! But it's been probably around 40 years since the Wavedancers were "scared ittle tuna fish", they've got plenty of time to grow tough. :krill:

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Aaah! But it's been probably around 40 years since the Wavedancers were "scared ittle tuna fish", they've got plenty of time to grow tough. :krill:

Since Discovery or whatever? Because still hated them there...
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Sharks seems to be able to tell the front and back of people apart: this and this

Wavedancers don't need animal friends, they could simply drag people to death. But that's not going to happen. The story needs helpless Wavedancers to make the upcoming attack of Angrif all the more devastating.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 7:29 pm

What I don't get is-- couldn't they just swim away underwater? He'd never know where they went. They have the best escape capabilities of any elf tribe ever.

Or maybe Korafaye is going to screw them over and try to make friends.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Lunakat wrote:
What I don't get is-- couldn't they just swim away underwater? He'd never know where they went. They have the best escape capabilities of any elf tribe ever.

Or maybe Korafaye is going to screw them over and try to make friends.

They could just swim downward, true. Wonder if the humans will have cannons and do some "barrel" fishing if they try to do that.

Looking forward to the extinction of the Wave Dancers. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:40 pm

If the human's haven't built a cannon in ten years of studying how a pistol works... I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 am

Poor Wavedancers, if I cared a little more about them, I would feel really sorry Razz

Unless a troll or a elf doesn't tell them how to do stuff, the humans on that world are completely useless. (Personally, I also find their elf-fixation a bit boring. Angrif would be more interesting if all he cared for was colonialism. But a story needs its villain, I guess)

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 am

Had a silly thought while reading some of the comparisons and another reason WDs are around,but it didnt sit well in my mind... for some reason I mentally pitted them against an equal number of Little Mermaids and the Little Mermaids won....

Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:25 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the Wavedancers too soppy to live! They could have been epic, but they just...aren't.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:37 am

They could have, but fear and paranoia are mind-warping things. Maybe the attack on them will give them a chance to show they've grown and gotten braver.

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 am

Huh. If they do, it'll only have taken then 20,000 years to grow a pair!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:19 am

Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

Yeah, since Discovery. Seems like at least some of the scared little tuna fish mentality back then stemmed from how they were being led by Surge.

Didn't know tuna fish were especially scarredy by the way.

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:11 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

Yeah, since Discovery. Seems like at least some of the scared little tuna fish mentality back then stemmed from how they were being led by Surge.

I thought it was meant 40 years between #9 and #11, as it looks like the Djun is aged and on his death bed on the cover.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am

No. I'm thinking 40ish years between Discovery and issue 1-9.

First of all the three years between Discovery and the birth of Korafay.
Then 20ish year timeskip in the Special (from the births of Shukopek and Korafay to the deaths of Ikopek and Ruffel).
Then the timeskip between the end f the Special and the beginning of issue 1. At first I thought it was less than a year - with Moonshade basically going into the Palace and not coming out until Strongbow begged her to in the beginning of issue 3. Then I thought that maybe a few years had passed. Then Shukopek turns up again and he looks old!
Finally we have the 10-year timeskip between issue 9 and issue 10. According to Wendy there'll be no more timeskips after this.

BTW: You might wanna more your quote outside of my quote. Like this:

TrollHammer wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

I thought it was meant 40 years between #9 and #11, as it looks like the Djun is aged and on his death bed on the cover.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Those scared little tuna are lucky there are no Japanese people on TWoTM, otherwise they would be extinct long time ago Razz Not that our world's tuna seem to fare much better

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Wavedancer sushi?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:40 pm

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Sushi_10
credit for the collage goes to Christina Raibert Wink

Christina loves the Wavedancers ... as passionate as they are hated and bashed here.

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:15 pm

*sneaks a hand in and waves quietly*

I love them too

3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Santa_103 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Downlo233 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Av_cut103 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:22 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
*sneaks a hand in and waves quietly*

I love them too

Which is cool. I love that someone likes them! (Or someones, since someone else was mentioned as liking them!) It's just like (for those familiar with Marvel comics) - I am a huge fan of the character Adam-X - even wrote a guest piece on a website about Adam-X. Yet, you can find an endless list of superheroes that Adam-X is on. And yet that does nothing to detour me from really enjoying the character, despite mass, internet voice claiming otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:23 am

I mostly just love Brill, Krill, Korafay, Reef and Snakeskin.

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   3 - Final Quest #11 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next