Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:59 pm

I picked up #10 last week, and #11 yesterday. Personally, I am getting tired of the endless wrap-ups.

Rayek hasn't seen his parents since when? I get that he doesn't call them "Mum" and "Pops", but they don't respond like the father in Luke 15, who rejoices over the return of the prodigal son. Did they have six other kids?

The last reference I recall of Picknose, Oddbit and Old Maggoty, was a conversation between Drub and Trinket. Drub is Queen, and she orders Trinket to pick up a sword and learn self-defense. I forgot which series and which issue, but it's clear that Picknose and Old Maggoty aren't "here." Now Picknose, Maggoty, Ember and Trinket are somehow together as a royal family again.

At least Ember isn't tied to a chair. But didn't she go ahead and recognize Teir? If so, where are the results?

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Ba_tro10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Trollbabe wrote:
At least Ember isn't tied to a chair.  But didn't she go ahead and recognize Teir?  If so, where are the results?
Have you missed this part in FQ#5? They asked the healers to cancel Recognition.

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:28 pm

I guess I did - I know they postponed Recognition, but I didn't realize it was permanent.

Speaking of Recognition, I wonder if Mender and Scouter will discover each other's soul names?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:38 pm

At least permanent as long as they don't ask to "reactivate" it. Leetah expressed her hope to be able to reignite Recognition when Ember and Teir are ready for a child.

Recognition among males? Don't think so. As far as I remember W&R said this was one of the events that are unique - happening only to Cutter and Skywise as an exception. That's why I believe that TimTam is the the only elf with a "shared" soul in two bodies. (in case Timmain tells the truth)
Wouldn't contradict possible "reincarnations" though - as far as we know all Firstcomers besides Timmain are dead.

Of course Dart and Mender could decide to share soulnames like Nightfall and Redlance.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:42 pm

In New Blood Kimo knows Darts soul name. Is that not canon anymore?

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Knowing does not necessarily mean "Recognition" - which means "spontaniously finding the partner's soulname" for me.

There are lifemates who choose to share their solulnames by will, like Redlance and Nightfall, Dewshine and Tyleet, probably Dart and Shushen ...

Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Dart and Kimo's entire relationship basically seems not to be canon anymore.
Seriously, they went from lovemates and soulbrothers and on the brink of lifemates to just, like, guys who sometimes hang out. I'm a little bitter about this. One of the things I dislike most in Final Quest is the erasure of Dart/Kimo just to replace it with Dart/Mender.
And a pacing question: Mender grew up with Dart in the Sun Village, he was there when Shushen died, why is this crush only just happening now?
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:58 pm

I understand your feelings Sun Girl. Those things don't make sense to me, either. I just hope Dart and Mender will get more time in future comics, so that I will understand it a bit better, but I fear all time will go to Cutter and his unique exeriences. Razz

Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Quote :
Mender grew up with Dart in the Sun Village, he was there when Shushen died, why is this crush only just happening now?

This doesn't bother me, maybe because of personal experience? I know it is possible to know someone for years, not care about him/her and suddenly fall madly in love (happened to me). Who your attracted to, it follows your personal changes, and I guess Mender discovered a lot about himself since he's with Ember tribe. To me it IS realistic.

Of course, it doesn't bother me as much as you because I like this couple better than Dart and Kimo too Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I liked Kimo. He and Dart were a nice couple.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:07 pm

I liked Dart and Kimo because there was a lot of time in the Forevergreen story dedicated to them and their relationship, so I could see their dynamics. I like Dart and Mender together, as well, but I feel like there is not enough time in FQ for their relationship; it was from "I think you're like Winnowill" to "Let's drink have a drink with the trolls" to "Jay let's be lovemates!"
It's not that it doesn't make sense, it just feels rushed.
I feel like if they don't want to spend too much time on it, anyway, why not just stick with Dart and Kimo? I just don't see the point...
But hey, it's their story... They probably had their reasons...

Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Sifra, I also don't see the point in getting rid of an established relationship to hastily set up a new relationship that doesn't make as much sense.

Miscellaneous, I agree that you can know someone a long time then suddenly be attracted to them, it's happened to me too Smile But I don't see the impetus for it in this case, especially as we never saw Dart and Kimo drift apart or break up, they just stopped referring to the relationship at all beyond friendship when Wendy took back the helm. And what Mender seems to be mooning over in Dart right now is his relationship with and grief over Shushen, it just seems like that should be old news to him, not a reason to now suddenly fall in love. Maybe there's meant to be no reason? Realistic to life perhaps, but not great storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Maybe he's impressed with how depressed Dart has remained all these years. I got the impression that Kimo was asking Dart to come with him when he left with Shuna-- or to make some kind of declaration about the relationship. But Dart's response was "Oh, well... you know I can't really commit." So Kimo took off.

Mender and Dart are the same in that they can't conduct and be present in relationships-- but for opposite reasons.

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Lunakat, I guess I missed that layer with Dart and Kimo. Well, I can't say I'm not biased, I totally miss them as a couple Sad
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:18 pm

sun girl Hug  it took me years to get over Dart and Kimo!

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Embala wrote:
Trollbabe wrote:
At least Ember isn't tied to a chair.  But didn't she go ahead and recognize Teir?  If so, where are the results?
Have you missed this part in FQ#5? They asked the healers to cancel Recognition.

So this makes me wonder...

Why did it ever bother Leetah when she Recognized Cutter?

As one of the most powerful healers, even way back then - living as long as she has, healing as much as she has - couldn't she have been, "Meh. Away with this old tradition of ancient times. I am cured of being Recognized." Or why didn't she help Dewshine when she Recognized Tyldak? Rather than say, "I get you hate how he looks on the outside, but I am sure he's swell..."

I don't know.

Just seems "Healers removing Recognition" seems like a huge cop out. Like, all this build up - for that? (Which has been my problem with Final Quest... is the pacing... and the weird - "What was the point of that?" moments...)

It's like watching a 2 hour movie, and the guy wakes up, and it turns out the whole movie was nothing but a dream.

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:28 pm

I don't think she could do it by herself.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Tymber wrote:
Embala wrote:
Trollbabe wrote:

So this makes me wonder...

Why did it ever bother Leetah when she Recognized Cutter?

As one of the most powerful healers, even way back then - living as long as she has, healing as much as she has - couldn't she have been, "Meh. Away with this old tradition of ancient times. I am cured of being Recognized." Or why didn't she help Dewshine when she Recognized Tyldak? Rather than say, "I get you hate how he looks on the outside, but I am sure he's swell..."

I don't know.

Just seems "Healers removing Recognition" seems like a huge cop out. Like, all this build up - for that? (Which has been my problem with Final Quest... is the pacing... and the weird - "What was the point of that?" moments...)

It's like watching a 2 hour movie, and the guy wakes up, and it turns out the whole movie was nothing but a dream.

Welcome to the Newhart Hotel. Next up, Faulty Towers...

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:09 pm

The explanation was that Leetah couldn't do it by herself-- she needed Mender's help. And it was something they had never tried before. I'm sure it didn't occur to anyone before Ember asked.

Which brings to mind a couple questions. If Winnowil had chosen, could Dewshine and Tyldak have refused recognition?

And secondly... if the high ones can control these kinds of things... presumably they could... then is Timmain's "choice" right now to decide that this is the right time to answer the call of recognition and have a baby with Skywise? Was she just waiting for what she felt was the right moment to do this, because she could?

Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Nah, I'm pretty certain they could only do this because they have two powerful healers plus the power of the Palace. I doubt it would have ever been possible before.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I think it's funny that Skywise could get it on with a full-sized Glider, but Timmain has to shrink down to his size to accommodate him.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Lunakat wrote:

The explanation was that Leetah couldn't do it by herself-- she needed Mender's help. And it was something they had never tried before. I'm sure it didn't occur to anyone before Ember asked.

Which brings to mind a couple questions. If Winnowil had chosen, could Dewshine and Tyldak have refused recognition?

Considering Winnowill's power level, along with Leetah, together, they could have - no doubt. But I think Winnowill thrived on seeing both Dewshine suffer, as well as seeing Tyldak suffer; they were play things to her.

(Which makes me wonder - if Winnowill was so disgusted by the Wolfriders, how in the Two Moons, did she ever allow herself to breed with a troll?)

Lunakat wrote:

And secondly... if the high ones can control these kinds of things... presumably they could... then is Timmain's "choice" right now to decide that this is the right time to answer the call of recognition and have a baby with Skywise? Was she just waiting for what she felt was the right moment to do this, because she could?

Did Skywise and Timmain Recognize? I might have been so disgruntle with the book by the time I reached that page; I just thought she was giving him the, "Yeah, I am attracted to you. Let's go do it."

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:30 pm

IF Timmain and Tam truely share one soul ... and given the fact that Cutter and Skywise ARE recognized - I'd say YES, Timmain and Fahr are recognized for quite some time already. Wink

But that's just my interpretation. Nowhere in #11 it was explicitly mentioned that Skywise and Tiimmain are recognized. It might be implied ... but it was not stated. Your view can be totally right as well, Tymber.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Maybe he's impressed with how depressed Dart has remained all these years. I got the impression that Kimo was asking Dart to come with him when he left with Shuna-- or to make some kind of declaration about the relationship. But Dart's response was "Oh, well... you know I can't really commit." So Kimo took off.

Mender and Dart are the same in that they can't conduct and be present in relationships-- but for opposite reasons.

Eh, I never saw these types of layers in all that. Wow. I felt the writing was noncommittal about Kimo and Dart, and then probably people started pushing for Dart to hook up with Kimo and Wendy wanted him to accompany Shuna instead, so instead she did Mender/Dart. I just see it as that rushed. And yes, I think she did Mender/Dart due to people clamoring for a male/male elf couple. I feel it's the Pini's attempt to be deliberately more diverse in their comic or something, and this is their way of doing so. I think it's calculating and not very believable to be honest, because Dart was just looking down on Mender not that long ago, and now he's sharing such a personal memory with him.
It's not that I've not seen such cray cray back and forth in relationships before, but usually there's at least an attraction shown and Dart never even expressed a remote attraction toward Mender when he joined Ember's tribe. That's why it just seems as so awkward and unbelievable.

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Ba_zad10

Last edited by Zadzi on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Trollbabe wrote:
I think it's funny that Skywise could get it on with a full-sized Glider, but Timmain has to shrink down to his size to accommodate him.

Bwahaha. Yeah. I guess it made her more emotionally 'approachable' or something for him. Actually, seeing Timmain hook up with anyone in that high one form just seems weird because she looks so remote and alien most of the time.

10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   10 - Final Quest #11 - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 22 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next