Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #12

Go down 
+39
Stormcatcher
Embala
Cloudbuck
Multi-Facets
Zadzi
Stargazer
Davrille
wingthing
ErinC1978
Shadowpath
Vaeri
TrollHammer
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
kathleen3.0
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Outlier
Redhead Ember
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
PCoquelin
Wisp
manga
howler monkey
Tymber
Soreyes
Paranthropus
Tenderleaf
Lurks
Kindredsoul
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Tam
Josine
Arthis
Trollbabe
Merelf
Nibblet
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:04 pm

sun girl wrote:
If she is the female form of the soul that Skywise Recognized, I don't see why they wouldn't get it on as soon as they met.
Very Happy Because that storyline didn't exist back then Very Happy

I'm still really bugged by the Leetah thing. Asides from elves in general being all hypersensitive about stuff, she's also a healer. How could she not notice? Timmain is literally the other half of Cutter...wouldn't Leetah be drawn to her the way Skywise is? Skywise's goony hangups sort of make sense now which is why Leetah's complete lack of them makes zero sense.
Does the term recognition just not exist outside of biological urges in the story?

17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 Ba_zad10

Last edited by Zadzi on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm

This didn't need to happen for Cutter to call Skywise's kid his daughter. He calls Shuna his daughter and she was fathered by another man. There were so many ways to work that.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm

sun girl wrote:
"How can Jink still be Timmain and Skywise's kid when we saw a Cutter-alike call her his daughter…. wait, I know! Timmain IS Cutter! Richard, I've cracked the puzzle!"
  Laughing I wouldn't really blame them, I used to do the same when I was trying to write a story...

Lunakat wrote:
Leetah, I don't get. You'd think she would have noticed something.
He he! If you mean about him being a she-spirit, I guess spirits have no gender. So there was nothing odd for Leetah to notice. If that's what you meant?

Quote :
Yes-- it seems as if she possessed, or dispossessed the spirit of a baby.Timmain just walked in.
I suppose there was no spirit there to dispossess yet, just the spark of the recognition, whatever that is. And that spark felt kin to Timmain.

It seems to me... that whatever Cutter comes from, he's now a different entity from Timmain. Now, they are two. So the thing I find creepy, is that she is still linked to him to the point of knowing his thoughs and all. Guess that will take some time to get used to.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Lunakat wrote:
This didn't need to happen for Cutter to call Skywise's kid his daughter. He calls Shuna his daughter and she was fathered by another man. There were so many ways to work that.

I suppose that's true. I still think that issue is probably where the idea of having Cutter be a co-incarnation of Timmain came from. Or something else of similarly late date. Planned all along, no sir, I will never believe that.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 pm

It can't have been planned all along, or it would have been planned out better-- tighter. I think it was planned after the original quest-- maybe during Kings of the Broken Wheel.

I wasn't thinking Leetah should have notice anything about Cutter being semi female-- why would spirits have gender? And besides, he's a boy. But shouldn't she have noticed something about Timmain being similar to Cutter?

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I would almost buy this, except... there is some serious revisionism going on. Timmain was found in a pit with at least two or three other wolves. If she was in there for decades-- she couldn't have fallen into that pit with the other wolves. They wouldn't have lived that long. So was it just a coincidence that she fell in the pit and then, sometime later, a bunch of other wolves did too? But no other animals-- like bears or deer? What-- were the trolls collecting wolves for some strange reason.

I wanna know why the other wolves didn't EAT HER while she was "going out" and unable to defend herself!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Also a good question...

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I wasn't thinking Leetah should have notice anything about Cutter being semi female-- why would spirits have gender? And besides, he's a boy. But shouldn't she have noticed something about Timmain being similar to Cutter?
Aaah... yes. Yes.

The last picture of Cutter on the last page... It's making me laught like an idiot, don't know why... It looks a bit like he's being vacuumed out of the page Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 pm

It must be really freaky to find out you are just someone else's projection. Cutter is Timmain's avatar. But really, they are all just projections of Wendy Pini-- so what Timmain says is true for herself and Cutter is actually true for all of them. Terribly meta!

m0nkeyh0use

m0nkeyh0use

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Lunakat wrote:

THIS.

Like some spark of, "Hey, you're familiar!" upon meeting Timmain. Some type of foreshadowing. I feel like I should go digging for some signs of foreshadowing in order to make this seem more palatable to me, but I have a feeling I'm going to come away disappointed. The Skywise gooniness makes sense, though, at least.

The horcrux thing made me laugh. Why wouldn't Cutter quickly escape after learning that knowledge? He doesn't want to be destroyed! Laughing
Back to top Go down
m0nkeyh0use

m0nkeyh0use

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Lunakat wrote:
It must be really freaky to find out you are just someone else's projection. Cutter is Timmain's avatar. But really, they are all just projections of Wendy Pini-- so what Timmain says is true for herself and Cutter is actually true for all of them. Terribly meta!

Thus, the final issue ends with Wendy Pini waking up in her farmhouse in Kansas... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Miscellaneous wrote:
The last picture of Cutter on the last page... It's making me laught like an idiot, don't know why... It looks a bit like he's being vacuumed out of the page Smile

The horcrux thing already made me laugh, but I think this one is even funnier.

I never thought much of Skywise's goonyness. Some people are just like that.
I do wonder about the wolves in the pit thing and about why nobody sensed Timmain and Cutter were similiar before, especially Leetah as the others said. Maybe there will be some answers when the issue comes out but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 pm

wingthing wrote:

I wanna know why the other wolves didn't EAT HER while she was "going out" and unable to defend herself!

She was also the 'low wolf' in that wolf hierarchy according to the story which is all the more reason why this doesn't add up. She was there 'first' in the pit and got all weak and was dying and had forgotten she was an elf. And then there were other wolves with her (Warfrost being the alpha which Cutter eventually rode well after Nightrunner's death) somehow also thrown in...and surprisingly, did not attack and eat each other, which I find hard to believe.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Yeah the shot of Cutter being 'vacuumed' out made me rofl

Every time I look at Cutter these days in FQ he's mirroring our collective reactions to the story. And I feel sorry for him. Is my feeling sorry for him somehow a form of self-pity :faceplant: ?

Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:42 pm

What the fucking fuck
Don't know if like

17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Zinegirl wrote:
What the fucking fuck

I think this pretty much sums it up.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:32 pm

sun girl wrote:
Arthis wrote:
The only "important" thing is we now know how Jink can be the supposed daughter of Recognition of Skywise and Timmain AND the daughter the the Cutter-looking future Master of the Palace...

I feel very strongly that this is the main reason for this whole Timmain/Tam bodysnatching plotline. Looking back and retconning. "How can Jink still be Timmain and Skywise's kid when we saw a Cutter-alike call her his daughter…. wait, I know! Timmain IS Cutter! Richard, I've cracked the puzzle!"

I had two solutions for that: 1) Skywise was her father but, given his reference to losing loved ones, I figured something had happened to Skywise (and probably Leetah) and Cutter had finished raising her, much like he did with Venka. Never mind that, give how close they are, there's a good chance any child of Skywise would have Cutter as a "second dad" anyway.

2) Skywise was her father but, given his reference to losing loved ones, I figured something had happened to Cutter and Skywise had taken to wearing Cutter's old clothes to hold on to his memory.  (The hairstyle would come from being Chief, since he's now Chief of the Palace.)
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:34 pm

That Palace Master wasn't Skywise-- because he couldn't fly the Palace... Unless, of course, Skywise got mind zapped by his own daughter and forgot how to fly the Palace...

Either of those explanations would have made plenty of sense, Manga.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Now I'm all worried for Leetah.
First Strongbow's murderous glare and then the possible future of Cutter alone without her. Sad
It would make more sense to have Cutter be mindwiped since he's the one who remembers.
But Skywise also has always had big old abandonment issues and has been consistently clingy about Cutter, soooo.....

Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:00 pm

I read the preview a couple hours ago, and I feel like this is the first issue (other than the Special) that I am genuinely looking forward to. Probably because all the ideas I had about how on earth Cutter and Timmain could be the "same person" were more outlandish than what was described. And for some reason, I don't hate it.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:13 pm

It's good to hear the positive reactions, also.

17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Lunakat wrote:
That Palace Master wasn't Skywise-- because he couldn't fly the Palace... Unless, of course, Skywise got mind zapped by his own daughter and forgot how to fly the Palace...

Either of those explanations would have made plenty of sense, Manga.

Do we know he couldn't, though? There are many reasons he may have delegated it.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Just figured out a way for this all to make sense in my head. If the spirit is really split into three...the part that is Timmain, the part that is Cutter, and the part that is Tam. The Timmain part would be able to access the Tam part, as she already has, and Cutter's adjustment is in how to access the full scope of the Tam part. And perhaps when he figures that out, that's when he becomes the Master of the Palace.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

I read the preview a couple hours ago too... All I have to say is that my reactions are the same like Cutters! What the flying..... poor guy! Sad Can you imagine Cutter now...damn.

I'm curious the see how this goes. Hoping the see the final quest #12 soon.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Well, at least we know now that Timmain is not infallible. She makes mistakes.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   17 - Final Quest #12 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #12
Page 6 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next