Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Hidden Folk

Go down 
+14
Leanan
Rainflower
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
Fairyring
Trollbabe
Lunakat
Kojiyumi
G0lden
wolfmoonsky
Beryl
Stormcatcher
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Thank you, fae flower for giving Tide so much love!

Jeedai liked her too My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Embala10 - he dolled her as a surprise gift sunny

This is Wisteria - pretty, friendly and mysterious. Not much more known about her. In this wide spread tribe she seems to have no known relatives ... O.O (just looked up my oooooold notes).

My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Gv_wis10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:14 pm

More pretties! So lovely! Dewshine

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Damn! O___O You've been busy!

How did you get Korallia's hair to look like that!?

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks, Leanan. sunny I'll look up more photos soon.

Looks like I have impressed you, Kin. That's normal for me ... in case a project REALLY grabs my attention I work in series. Like mad. Can end up with pretty huge collections.
I cannot take credit for the hair dye. It was done by some little girl who played this doll at some point. I'm much better in using opportunities than rework my basic material. This way even a bald doll can be inspiring ... sometimes. ^^

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:49 am

Okay. After seeing your creations so far, I have worked up personal top three favorites of them.

Nr 1: Mosswell, definately. It wasn't just her looks, but her story and her being as well, that I loved so much.

Nr 2: Floodguard. I just loved his expression, and his story as well. Tough and dedicated, but loving to Mosswell.

Nr 3: Magnolia. I liked everything about her. You made the perfect personification of the delicate flower
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:29 pm

These are simply amazing... Do you ever consider opening like an etsy store and selling these?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Another sad Sad neclected thread ... I'm a baaaaad owner. *pets thread*

And neglected visitors Embarassed - I apologize to my friends.

Thank you for sharing your preferences and thoughts, Rainflower. It's great to learn what you see in the characters - and why. This gives my FlowerFolk more life. The background stories you like were hardly fleshed out and almost forgotten until they moved to FTH. ^^
Mosswell is one of my favorites, too. Smile I'm surprised you've chosen Floodguard as will. He's so ... unlikely. Magnolia ... I might have done right when you love her so. Smile

Your appreciation of my craftswork honors me, Tymber. sunny I've never considered to sell my pieces, neither the dolls nor other for two reasons.
1. I don't want to give them away ... and in rare casees I prefer to make them a gift.
2. If one my hobbies would become a job of any kind I'd loose the fun of it.
And it would eat even more time and rule out other hobbies. I'm happy how it is - my profession and job on one side, my hobbies on the other.

This guy is Thistletop (Distelkrone), Mentor of Prince Sundew of the Merblossoms. He doesn't like the responsibility as interims regent and hopes to put the Prince in charge soon. Thistletop yearns to find a way back to the FlowerFolk where he "recognized" Queen Rose and sired twins he never met.

My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Distel10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Embala dear, Glad to see you update this as well. Thistletop looks awesome, I love his colors. Poor guy, seems like he's lost in thoughts. Have you shown Queen Rose? Did I miss her by any chance?

Anyway, I loked Floodguard partly because I loved the story of him and his grandgrand.... Mosswell togather protectong the magical pond, a family duty. I loved his strict, strong character against Mosswell's innocent sweet nature. And you did a great job With Magnolia, the doll you used practically nailed the character.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:19 pm

*sigh* I always tend to forget this thread.

Thank you so much, Rainflower. Thistletop is missing his lost love and longs to search for her. He'll probably not find her because for all that's known Queen Rose died and their daugter Iris leads the tribe now. But who knows ... Rose's body was never found. ^^
No, you havn't missed Queen Rose. I had planned her - but never accomplished the doll.

I hope you will look in again sooner or later and find this, Rainflower ... and hopefully new Hidden Folk.

Artichoke, an elder, a warrior, wanderer and loner ...

My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Artich10

... does he know that he has sired a daughter with a Merblossom maiden?

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:13 am

WOW, Artichoke... coool helmet, or hat or whatever. Amazing work with that one. Remins me a bit of an action man doll a childhood friend of mine had once. And the neclass too. Nice

I don't recall giving feedbacks on Wisteria, but I love her as well. The way you plante the leaves on her, a daring adn elegant clothing, and the awesome way you let the blue flowers fall from one side. What flower is that? I can't figure out on the picture.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 8:41 am

You are back to the forum sunny and visit my Hidden Folk again! flower You must really like them, Rainflower - it suddenly occured to me that your talents for dress design and floristic meet in these elves.

Thank you for the love for delicate Wisteria. I have a soft spot for this darling. I've bought most of those dolls second hand and her usually silky hair was messed up. I've combed it and played around, turned and twisted the strands ... and suddenly I got these decorative braids.
This predestinied her to wear a waterfall of blossoms on her head and as a skirt, of course. She actually got a tiny leaf dress first that covers all the crucical parts Wink and allows the blossom shower to swing free. It's a pity that the shoes don't show well ... she wears "classic" fairy shoes.
The flower is Chinese wisteria [Wisteria sinensis], also called "blue rain" here, similar to golden rain [Laburnum anagyroides] but a climbing plant.

Artichoke wears his helmet with pride - a complete blossom with an opening for the face carefully cut in and framed. *shhh* ... it wasn't so hard at all! His baggy pants were much more tricky - it's the leavy part of a blossom as well but I had to take it apart completely and reconstruct it around the figure. Even managed to keep the necessary movability of his legs! Arm and leg armor and the necklace round out the look nicely.
Guess - the basic doll was an Action Man. Laughing

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:40 am

I just looked through your Hidden Folk thread. So adorable and creative! Dewshine

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:44 am

Embala wrote:
You are back to the forum sunny and visit my Hidden Folk again! flower You must really like them, Rainflower - it suddenly occured to my that your talents for dress design and floristic meet in these elves.
You have no idea of how right you are, my dear. If I had some free dolls, I would have thought about creating Things like that myself. I have a special weak spot for faires and elves  and mermaids and especially those with flower design. That's why I find them even in mermaid forms so awesome as well. But I have no Place to put them anyway, at least not yet. Guess I'll just stick with drawing a while longer.

Embala wrote:
The flower is Chinese wisteria [Wisteria sinensis], also called "blue rain" here, similar to golden rain [Laburnum anagyroides] but a climbing plant.
Whisteria.*facepalms myself* I am ashamed of myself. I should have known it was a flower name.

Embala wrote:
Guess - the basic doll was an Action Man. Laughing
I was right? No way rofl
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Mission REBUILD - fifth level accomplished.

The Hidden Folk shows nicely again.

(... as do some more minor threads - minor in the sense that they didn't require much effort!)

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 1:25 am

This is a cool thread. I'd love to customize dolls myself. Looking into it, and i found a cool article. Thought i'd share in case you'd be interested.

https://ooaktreedolls.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/doll-lab-what-materials-you-need-to-start-a-repaint/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Hidden Folk
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4