Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Digitally coloring B&W Images.

Go down 
+7
Yeee
Vaeri
Tymber
Twopaw
Embala
sun girl
Kindredsoul
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 pm

This thing really makes me think of Audrey II from little shop of horrors...lol nicely colored
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 4:10 am

Vaeri wrote:
This thing really makes me think of Audrey II from little shop of horrors...lol nicely colored

Thanks. It's hard to work off of the image - because it's got a lot "colored in" detail already (tons of tiny dots and such).

Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Sandshark

But I did what I could. Smile

I am nowhere - NOWHERE - near your level. Maybe your level from 30 years ago. And you probably weren't even born yet, 30 years ago. And I am probably still not that level. Smile

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm

I say it looks great, Tymber - especiually with all this dots and lines and greyscale (re)colored! Like

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 3:30 pm

I wouldn't say you're nowhere near my level! I like your colorings! And...uh...i was newborn 30 years ago lol

Sand shark....now i'm gonna be thinking of sand worms all day. Damnit beetlejuice!! Haha
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:35 am

Here is the original -
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 IMG_9985-661x1024

And this was my coloring of it...
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 2-661x1024

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:36 am

Darkhawk original -
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 5dVTdDBt_1109141059441

My coloring (note - background is a NASA photo and not by me, if that wasn't obvious)
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 5dVTdDBt_1109141059441_colorc

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:38 am

Judge Dredd original...
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Dredd_01-768x665

My coloring...
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 JD_Color-768x665

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:38 am

Longshot mini original....
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Longshot-3-00

My coloring...
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Longshot_3_00_C

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:39 am

Power Pack digitally colored by me (saved over the original to compare it against in error) -
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 PowerPack_Coloring

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 am

Black Knight original -
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 BK1-744x1024

My coloring...
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 BK2-744x1024

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 4:38 am

Gave myself 30 minutes to color this.
http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/2616

Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Avengers207_bw-675x1024
Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Avengers207_colored-675x1024

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 am

Glad you are still exersizing your creativity, I hope gou are doing well

Some of these really bring me back to when comics were good, and back then I was clueless that those days could ever end: endless episodes of Iron Man tracking down his leaked tech, battling baddy of the month after another, Ambush Bug cosplay8ng Judge Dread, the occasional origin "must see first ever dont miss" issues... great times...

The new century has been dissappoingfor me for comics: 8 pages of story that would be more in place in a soap opera but Im paying for 24 pages of mostly ads, the story is a snippet in an appartment with injokes and references Id only get if I had read the last 2 years of comics, no action, no advrnture, just social drama of home life of a couple without kids. But at least they got ever drawn line to be a soupy flowing curve that reminded me of a plate of spegetti, with the color as rich and full and lifeless as a graphic arts dropout can mueter. A far cry from the prior Superman comic Id bought a decade before.

Are these covers you find somewhere or do you scan them yourself from your collection? I need to dig mine out for my kids to enjoy.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 3:31 am

TrollHammer wrote:

Glad you are still exersizing your creativity, I hope gou are doing well

Definitely keeping creative. I run a D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) game every Tuesday - that has been a blessing.
Then run another game, once a month.
And play in an assort of D&D / RPG related games.

TrollHammer wrote:

Some of these really bring me back to when comics were good, and back then I was clueless that those days could ever end: endless episodes of Iron Man tracking down his leaked tech, battling baddy of the month after another, Ambush Bug cosplay8ng Judge Dread, the occasional origin "must see first ever dont miss" issues... great times...

Absolutely agree. I am re-reading my old Avengers - all digitally - started from Avengers #1 (now on... #337?)
This is the Twitter account I made - as I read and post brief comments about each issue...
https://twitter.com/DailyAvengersHQ

TrollHammer wrote:

The new century has been dissappoingfor me for comics: 8 pages of story that would be more in place in a soap opera but Im paying for 24 pages of mostly ads, the story is a snippet in an appartment with injokes and references Id only get if I had read the last 2 years of comics, no action, no advrnture, just social drama of home life of a couple without kids. But at least they got ever drawn line to be a soupy flowing curve that reminded me of a plate of spegetti, with the color as rich and full and lifeless as a graphic arts dropout can mueter. A far cry from the prior Superman comic Id bought a decade before.

I stopped collecting a few years ago. And really stopped reading about 10 years ago. But there were things like Uncanny X-Men that I had from #60 onward with no gaps, and so around issue #600... I finally said enough, because they rebooted - and it gave me the chance to severe that chain.

I have well over 30,000 comics...
A bunch I was wanting to sell at a local convention (San Diego Comic Fest), but then pandemic, then my wife's health...
And everything turned upside down.
Now I have a garage - stuffed with crap - which includes like 20 boxes full I want to get rid of.
I will probably just resort to throwing mass bundles on ebay - for dirt cheap.

TrollHammer wrote:

Are these covers you find somewhere or do you scan them yourself from your collection? I need to dig mine out for my kids to enjoy.

I find them online, because they're B&W.
So they're the artist covers - the ones used to press and print the comics, that someone has scanned.
For example - this site has some I've grabbed (just the scans, not bought the art) - just to digitally color them.
https://comicarttracker.com/john-byrne-original-art-for-sale

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digitally coloring B&W Images.   Digitally coloring B&W Images. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digitally coloring B&W Images.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4