Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jink one of the last

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Jink one of the last Empty
PostSubject: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Jink one of the last ... this was Jink's thread, opened by Startear, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Jink's bio page on Elfquest.com. Jink one of the last _17_ji10#17

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 pm

And now we know who her parents are!
Who else?

Skywise Wink Timmain

Jink (f)

Alive
Daughter of Timmain and Skywise
Sister of Timmorn, and Yun
Granddaughter of Shale and Eyes High
Aunt of Rahnee and Khorbasi

Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but Jink mindwiped her father, who we now know is Skywise, and then her brilliant solution upon realising that "Wooops! That was a bad idea." was to mindwipe herself?
Well, she doesn't exactly have her problem avoidance tendencies from strangers. Timmain's way of dealing with the grief of losing Adya was to basically take off her clothes and wander away into the woods, changing into various animals before eventually settling on a wolf. Then, changing into a wolf for so long she forgot that she was an elf.
And I think I recall examples of Skywise having a similar way of "dealing" with problems...
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

There's little Jink Very Happy Jink one of the last 67404441_10157497396379591_2489035703829135360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmlFtofqAA9btdXPLytdRAJEZbKfaXoj56y1G8F3Iuw8gqch0GtsxZr1XdXxLHVYmRaSl2DcLZdeB4dNCRfK8Ov&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1

Uhm ... this was supposed to be a link to the official facebook page ... Jink one of the last _12_ji10#12 found

Last edited by Embala on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Stargazer's Hunt 1:

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Wed May 03, 2023 12:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 7:22 am

how can that be, that the comicpage above is drawn so good and the comic no. 1 looks so badly drawn. And all by the same artist???

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Yeee wrote:
how can that be, that the comicpage above is drawn so good and the comic no. 1 looks so badly drawn. And all by the same artist???

Yup, by the same artist. Sonny hits Wendy's style closer than the other artists they've had.

I seem to recall a comment by Wendy about Sonny "hitting his stride" the more he worked with her layouts; the inference was that the first issue was the roughest.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Then there is hope! Razz Laughing

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 10:50 am

Davrille wrote:
Yeee wrote:

Yup, by the same artist. Sonny hits Wendy's style closer than the other artists they've had.

I seem to recall a comment by Wendy about Sonny "hitting his stride" the more he worked with her layouts; the inference was that the first issue was the roughest.

Wendy does the sketches and he does the final drawings.

It would be totally fine, if they had artists, with completely different styles than Wendy. I'd rather have a good, different interpretations than someone badly copying Wendy.

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 12:11 pm

I would like to see a good copy of Wendys elves, other interpretations made me puke like Barry Blairs elves. Razz sorry!
I could live very fine with it, when Wendy does the pencils and Sonny the inking. It looks very good! And it might not be too much for Wendy to draw when it comes to a drawing deadline. Please think that again concerning that, Wendy!

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 3:00 pm

You know, there is a plethora of artists who are as good as or – believe it or not – are even better than Wendy

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Yes of course,there are many artist who could do the job better than Sonny Strait. But you have to gain one of those artists for Elfquest. Well maybe not even this is really a problem if the payment is good. Once somebody said to me, that it seems, that RP searches for artists , who cannot match his wifes talents. Then Wendy's skills are outstanding compared to the others and no one can really replace her. But if she no longer wants to draw comics and EQ should continue, then a search for a worthy successor would make sense.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 6:42 pm

My guess is, that EQ isn’t exactly something an aspiring new artist is drawn to (pun unintended). You’d go for a big name, which will make your name known to the biggest audience. Frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me, if the pinis don’t allow as much artistic licence as a newcomer might want.

PostSubject: Re: Jink one of the last   Jink one of the last Empty

Back to top Go down

Jink one of the last
Page 1 of 1