Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oddest EQ theories?

Go down 
+16
Embala
manga
Leanan
Lunakat
Vaeri
Sifra
Startear
TrollHammer
Davrille
Miss Gillespie
sun girl
kathleen3.0
wingthing
Zadzi
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

4 - Oddest EQ theories? Empty
PostSubject: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 10:36 pm

What's the oddest EQ theories you've had?
Mine:
- I very briefly thought thought Nightfall was Skyfire.  Thanks to that one Hidden Years story.
-I was also under the impression Skyfire killed her son due to reading Freefoot's bio before anything else.

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 10:37 pm

I thought there was a third "Door", inside Blue Mountain.

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:24 pm

theory i've had: Ember is like the reincarnation of Skyfire. cause they look so similar, and she saw Skyfire's spirit during the Shard Wars...
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:40 pm

That would make SO much sense, since Original Teir* always struck me as the spiritual son of Dreamsinger. Oh, Dreamsinger... I love you
*As opposed to Teir Lite: Now Half the Calories, plus a Gross Aftertaste!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:05 am

Mine seem so tame. I'm not sure it's so odd, but I always thought Timmain had sinister motivations and was possibly evil from the first time she was introduced. Still think so Smile

I also , early on, thought Moonshade was super ambitious and was plotting and pushing Strongbow to overthrow Cutter.

I also thought Shuna was possibly related to Nona.

4 - Oddest EQ theories? Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am

Zadzi wrote:
Mine seem so tame. I'm not sure it's so odd, but I always thought Timmain had sinister motivations and was possibly evil from the first time she was introduced. Still think so Smile
I share your thoughts of a sinister Timmain! I had a theory she basically masterminded the crash. Only a thing or two went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:45 am

When I started reading, it was the black and white Wolfrider comic first, and only colors was at the back, and so I thought the colored specks at the back was in fact Nightfall and Cutter, not Leetah and Cutter

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

continuing on with the reincarnation, i also believe Skywise is the reincarnation of Sefre, and Redlance is the reincarnation of Kasleen.

if Redlance hadn't been around, Nightfall and Cutter would have recognized, then when Leetah recognizes him, they would have raised the children together with the eldest helping.

Ember and Skywise totally could have been lifemates
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Not so much a theory but a misconception:
When I tried to decide whether to buy OQ #1 or not I knew only the cover and little bits from skimming the pages. I thought this red-braided elfin princess saved by Cutter was a rather sturdy, not exactly delicate damsel in distress ... with a weird decolleté. Actually took me some pages to realise that Redlance was a guy.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Very Happy Embala, that is hilarious. Not to mention understandable!

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 9:36 am

I thought Recognition made you pregnant.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 12:59 pm

I thought mortal/immortal Recognition always led to mortal/immortal twins.

My current, as yet untested, theory is that Shen-shen will also be a super-ovulator and have twins.

Also, my first(ish) exposure to Elfquest was "Rogue's Challenge" (book #9) and with that talk in the beginning about Rayek trying to inspire his people to seek a higher and better way of life... I thought he was some kind of priest.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 pm

I have a theory that in Wolfrider culture, you only braid or brush someone's hair if you're in some kind of relationship with them.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 pm

^So that's why One-Eye got so mad when the Gliders gave Clearbrook that fancy updo!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Imagine walking in on a hostage scene, and finding someone fondling your wife,
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:23 pm

It was such a Glider thing to do though, perfectly in character for them

Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Further cementing my opinion of the Gliders as the WORST elves ever.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Mender the rapist takes that particular cake for me.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 1:55 am

manga wrote:
Mender the rapist takes that particular cake for me.
THANK YOU!!

I would like to think if Mender's Quest were rewritten today, the unfortunate implications would have been readily apparent to all involved! It's not "edgy" and its not "a poignant juxtaposition of two different cultures" - its straight up sexual predation. And Mender's comeuppance should have have been a lot more than "sigh, I guess I'll never understand those wacky humans and their ideas of informed consent. We're just too different." That shit shouldn't have passed in the 1990s and it sure doesn't pass now!!

I'll be quite glad to see that story be retconned away. Though it still leaves the unambiguously canon statuatory rape of Ember.

It's not even that she's 15 and he's 500 that makes it so wrong - its that she's 15 and an emotional wreck with massive daddy issues that she is sobbing about as he seduces her! Hey, I'm glad Ember sees it as a wonderful first time. But if I'd been the DA of Sorrows End I would have dragged Mender before the judge so fast!!!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:25 am

You know that Nightfall was apparently 12/13 Years old when she hooked up with Redlance? And he wasn't a teen as well but 300 years older than her - give or take?

How long do you suppose Ember should have waited to join with her first lovemate? 18 to have reached at least OUR legal age? Elves were portrait to not care much about such rules from the beginning ... maybe whole EQ should have been rewritten to fit legal standards?

And ... how long should Ember have waited for a lovemate of "appropriate" age anyway? EACH elf besides her brother was 500+ years older than her. Wait ... there's one - young 50 give or take. How about Skywise? XD ... but that's gross (at least I've read so again and again) because he's her second daddy. Given the normal reproduction rate of elves she had a good chance to be several hundred years old herself before a new cub shows up.

Wait ... she could have went on a quest for the Go-Backs. Probably a bucnch of young ones there. And they sure care a lot about appropriate legal age and young love ... or not.

(should probably go in the rant thread)

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:33 am

Embala wrote:

And ... how long should Ember have waited for a lovemate of "appropriate" age anyway? EACH elf besides her brother was 500+ years older than her. Wait ... there's one - young 50 give or take. How about Skywise?
I don't know if it's just the danish version I once read that's tripping me up, but didn't Cutter try and get Skywise to hook up with Ember?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:41 am

He did ... and Skywise answered more or less: I'd love to do so - if Ember wishes for it.

It must be somewhere iin HY #10 to #15 ... more likely in the latter ones. It happened shortly befor or during the tribe split.

EDIT: No, wait ... *goes on research*
Actually it's HY #4 - the same issue she hooked up with Mender. HERE

Last edited by Embala on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 am

And it was bone-chillingly creepy, IMO. "Hey, soul brother/lifemate, go screw the crazy out of my hormonal daughter." I pray it was a sarcastic joke. Though, yes, Skywise seemed game if Ember was.

And as I said it wasnt the age gap that creeped me out so much. It was the fact that Ember was in a very vulnerable position. 13-14 year old Nightfall throwing herself at Redlance doesn't bother me at all - Redlance couldn't take advantage of her if he tried.

Last edited by wingthing on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:43 am

Embala wrote:
He did ... and Skywise answered more or less: I'd love to do so - if Ember wishes for it.

It must be somewhere iin HY #10 to #15 ... more likely in the latter ones. It happened shortly befor or during the tribe split.

EDIT: No, wait ... *goes on research*
It's in HY 4.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:48 am

*points up* You're reading too fast for me, Shadowpath. ^^ I've edited it immediately after I've posted ... and just now again with the right link. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oddest EQ theories?   4 - Oddest EQ theories? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oddest EQ theories?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: All the Many Colors-
Jump to: