Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jan Grab Bag 2016

Go down 
+2
Embala
TrollHammer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Nightsea wrote:

More like a happy snippet than your usual tales of Stonehowl, @Tymber.  Glad to see you trying for something upbeat!  Wonder what music you used for inspiration this time?

Ironic you should mention music. I have recently discovered Malukak, who is from Mexico and she does some INCREDIBLE original pieces (typically inspired by video games). This story was written while listening to her song that she made called Reignite (which was for Mass Effect 3). Her voice is so incredible. (It helps, I admit, that she's also very easy on the eyes; but I got her songs and put them on my iPod when I write, so I am technically not looking at her).

Her music has actually played a part in my writing of other stuff (such as this fanfic I am writing for Grimrock and the next part of that story). Both cite her music at the bottom. It was actually "The Dragonborne Comes" that I initially stumbled upon and fell in love with.

I also think, because not too long ago, I re-read all of my Stonehowl stories and did a synopsis of all the stories; so all the characters, their personalities, quirks, etc, were all fresh in my head, so it was much easier to write them. (Which is why in the last few stories here, other elves, from the previous stories, have been mentioned, because they're fresh in my head).

And lastly, after that long rambling session, thank you for not only reading the story, but commenting as well. I thrive on comments, whether they are good or bad about my story, because that is what encourages me to keep writing.

So thank you, immensely, for that. <3

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 am

Startear wrote:
Ah, thank you guys! I think I get it now.
Red, that sounds like a lot of fun! I'm game!
And with that, my art contribution. It is apart of my "Trinket gets left behind ij time and is raised by the wolfriders AU." I might make more images, I'm buzzing with ideas right now.
Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 Trinket%20braining_zps8ekueqe0

I am going to guess you're a Trinket fan? (Noticed the Egg Banner with Trinket, and having her featured in this photo!)

I do have a question - some of this looks like pen art - but then the background dirt and sky, sort of look like water colors? Is it a blend of both?

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes, I am a Trinket fan! Very Happy She was always amusing to me, kids that are allowed to be kids or bratty is kind of my jam. But it wasn't before I started working/thinking about an au where she was left behind in time with the Wolfriders, instead of her parents and grandmother, that she became one of my favorites.

As for my teqnique... except for the tiny spider, the treebark and the rope holding the hide in place, it's marker work. On the parts that look like watercolor, I lay the dark colors firs then go over it with lighter colors, that creates a washed out, almost watercolor effect. Then I make the shading stronger by shading it either blue or purple. With hair and fur I make it the same way, only I try to leave thin white lines on the paper, that makes it look more like it has texture.

With Trinket's hair, it's more dense than Moonshade's hair. Both of them have curls, but with Trinket and Oddbit it's more of a mass of curls, while Moonshade has more waves in her hair. So I blended those teqnique on Trinket's hair. Smile

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Startear wrote:

Yes, I am a Trinket fan! Very Happy She was always amusing to me, kids that are allowed to be kids or bratty is kind of my jam. But it wasn't before I started working/thinking about an au where she was left behind in time with the Wolfriders, instead of her parents and grandmother, that she became one of my favorites.

Oh! AU = Alternate Universe, yes? Did you write this out or draw up a mini comic?

Startear wrote:

As for my teqnique... except for the tiny spider,

Oh! Snap. Nice. I didn't even notice the spider. Good job on the spider web looking nice and faint too, so it's not thick and noticeable.

Startear wrote:

On the parts that look like watercolor, I lay the dark colors firs then go over it with lighter colors, that creates a washed out, almost watercolor effect. Then I make the shading stronger by shading it either blue or purple.

See, this is what I meant in the other thread, that you artist people amaze me. I'd never have thought of that.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Tymber wrote:

Oh! AU = Alternate Universe, yes? Did you write this out or draw up a mini comic?

No, not really. Back on SoC there was this tread, called Tribe Switch, where the purpose was to take a characters tribe, and make them either live, or be raised in another tribe. Someone suggested Trinket being left behind in time, while Picknose, Oddbit and Old Magotty was accidentally in the Palace. And I liked the idea, and the rest is history. Very Happy I only posted a few pictures and my thoughts around it. Like her role in the tribe, her clothes, and now the picture here. I have posted all of it in the Trinket thread, and in my own thread. Laughing Pike

Tymber wrote:
See, this is what I meant in the other thread, that you artist people amaze me. I'd never have thought of that.

Well, to be fair, I have been actively drawing since 2011, and it took me over a year to connect that this was a look I like. And then only because I saw others do the thing, and copying their techniques. I find it pretty similar to writing that way... you just go and try things, hen decide whether or not you like it enough to keep doing that thing.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan Grab Bag 2016   Jan Grab Bag 2016 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jan Grab Bag 2016
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2