Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.

Go down 
+31
jaRf
wingthing
Zadzi
sun girl
Sifra
Bluetree
Wisp
namuhna
Miscellaneous
PCoquelin
KR Wordgazer
Shadowpath
Outlier
Vaeri
Startear
Josine
Lurks
ErinC1978
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
Stargazer
Elwing
faeriegirl
Twopaw
G0lden
manga
Miss Gillespie
Multi-Facets
Embala
Lunakat
Tymber
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Wingthing, you're right about the Teir/Dr Dre thing ... very similar vibe. Teir definitely got the short end of the stick in terms of character development. He's been systematically bleached all the way to his skin color.
I actually didn't have a problem with Teir's whole hysteria, it actually made sense to me because being around others seemed to trigger some kind of abandonment issues in him. I can completely forgive that. But the thing I do miss is how he kept his own counsel in the past, and how his skin was darker (like Ember's!), and how he seemed to have more depth and yes, more mystery as well. I don't even mind the reveal of him being Kahvi's son. But yes, he had the vaguely Go Back native american thing going on just like Dr Dre. It's pretty uncanny.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 8:33 pm

The whitewashing of Teir remains one of those really... awkward changes to explain to newcomers. "Yeah, he was even a little darker skinned than Ember originally, but... well, Wendy says she always preferred to picture a pale Teir, so.... yeah, that happened."
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 pm

I've compiled a series of pictures of Teir ranging from HY to the most recent appearance, including a previous appearance in FQ and he basically looks like a different person compared to his first appearance. He's also gotten paler over the course of FQ, but I'm not sure if that's not a colouring issue.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 10:57 pm

There don't seem to be any 'loose end elves', the compost fungi will have some connection to Savah and Dr. Dre is going to be some son's son from some wandered off elves

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 12:00 am

An example of the truth of "seeing with your heart as well as your head" - and the permanence of initial conditioning - reading the posts above I was wondering if there were any examples of Dre in color. Rolling Eyes  Made me realize that I still "see" EQ in black and white. I guess that's why the coloring never seems to bother me.

Seems like there were some vague ideas of where the story should head that the writers since the original quest worked with but got away from what Wendy wanted, and now she's making some corrections. So maybe Dre is more what she envisioned for Teir. I'm glad she liked Rogue's Curse enough to keep it, I did enjoy that story. If only she could have found a way to keep it without compromising Rayek's character so badly.

And I'm betting too on Dre having some significant family connection to some known elf. That just seems to be the way it goes. Of course, if the elf population really is as small as it seems to be with no new elves in decades of the call, it makes sense they are all closely related. With his singing and connection to others, I could easily see him being Prey-pacer or Goodtree's child. Maybe he'll take over as Wolfrider chief. You know, after Cutter and Timmain re-merge and lead the purebreds off the planet.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 12010412
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 am

Haha, Outlier...agghh actually that sounds terrifying, the Cutter/Timmain thing.

I'm not one of those Rogue's Curse fans....I mean, I liked the story in some ways but to know that all of FQ is kind of a setup for it is really annoying. I have a big problem with the character assassination of Rayek and just sticking him with Winnowill for so long. It's 'his' choice, my ass.

If Dre has a connection to Savah, I'm going to panfry my toenails in butter.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 1:43 am

I don't think Dr. Dre is connected to Savah, but he could be a second or third generation elf, he is on the tall side without being a high one.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:03 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
There don't seem to be any 'loose end elves', the compost fungi will have some connection to Savah and Dr. Dre is going to be some son's son from some wandered off elves

Oh... he's definitely some son's son. However, he might very well be descended from a bunch of high ones who ran in the completely opposite direction from the group(s) we've been following.
Do we even know where he was when he heard the Call? Though I suppose somewhere on Iceholt, unless his pony is a very good swimmer...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Look close - this pony is a whale-seized seahorse! ^^

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:

Do we even know where he was when he heard the Call? Though I suppose somewhere on Iceholt, unless his pony is a very good swimmer...

I thought he was just riding around on his pony with a water skin or something in his hand when he heard the call. I'd love to know in general what he was doing, as in, up to that point.

Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 pm

With the Pinis retconning the BOTC, I wonder if that has anything to do with DRE Ahn.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

I thought he was just riding around on his pony with a water skin or something in his hand when he heard the call. I'd love to know in general what he was doing, as in, up to that point.

Yeah... that's all we know. But where was he?

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 am

Meditating naked on the coast ?

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:34 am

Naah... he was definitely dressed.

Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:15 am

This has probably been mentioned before, but it just struck me how fitting it would be for the fungi elves to be connected to the Rootless ones. Maybe an offshoot?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

The Rootless Ones ... and their Fungoizid Roots! Like

It's not even unlikely given that those Fungusamunguswhatever obviously know Savah. ... tho I understand the disappointed comments that even those new uncommen elf "tribe" will be closely connected to the familiar ones.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 3:38 pm

But, do they know Savah, or do they know about Savah? Maybe The Call itself revealed something about her to them, and indeed anyone listening to it.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:14 pm

It would be great to have Savah get more 'screen time' again....she's sorely missed, and has sort of just been a mouthpiece to Timmain for most of these issues, when she does speak. To see her actively part of this and maybe revealing some stuff about the past would be so awesome.
She's a great character, or was.

Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:27 pm

I very briefly considered the possibility that, in the same way Timmain sent her soul out and part of it was subsumed in Cutter, Savah "went out" and just happened by Dre-Ahn's conception with the same result. You know, one of those EQ cases of "this is a totally unique event, if we just ignore the other time it happened."

But I think (hope) the Pini's would not be so blatant in reusing their plot devices, and I have the feeling that Dre-Ahn will be found to be quite ancient.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Not everybody can be directly related. That would slaughter my suspension of disbelief-- what's left of it.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Maybe not directly related, but I can see all of them being somehow related in some way... Since Savah did live in the forest at some point, it feels like the Compost Ones might be in some way connected to that time? As for Dre-Ahn, I really haven't the slightest idea. His size seems to mean something but I have no idea what, exactly.

Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 7:31 pm

It would have been cool if there was a whole nation of elves that were big and robust.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 10:59 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
And Door looks really feminine, doesn't he?
He looks like a slightly nicer looking Pthumerian.
Or something similar to that.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Not everybody can be directly related. That would slaughter my suspension of disbelief-- what's left of it.
R.I.P.

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 4:07 pm

It took me a while to get to the store to pick up my copy. For the most part, I liked this issue. All I really have to say is, when everyone kept repeating: "Savah? Savah?" -- I found myself wanting to answer, "Ca va bien, merci!" Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next