Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Come to think of it, I don't recall any Trolls living in the Palace at the present. Those darned Elves better not be turning it into a taller-and-paler country club!

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:55 pm

i say screw it, you want things equal, just kill all the trolls and elves :p just have a comet rush by, knock into one of the moons, and have it smash into abode, and then when life restarts, we'll have earth. HAHA

pardon the "trolling" :p
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Vaeri wrote:
i say screw it, you want things equal, just kill all the trolls and elves :p just have a comet rush by, knock into one of the moons, and have it smash into abode, and then when life restarts, we'll have earth. HAHA

pardon the "trolling" :p

10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Dinosaur-Date

10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Vaeri wrote:
i say screw it, you want things equal, just kill all the trolls and elves :p just have a comet rush by, knock into one of the moons, and have it smash into abode, and then when life restarts, we'll have earth.

Where have I heard of this idea before?

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Trollbabe wrote:
Come to think of it, I don't recall any Trolls living in the Palace at the present.  Those darned Elves better not be turning it into a taller-and-paler country club!

If I remember correctly there was at least one troll in the future with who we presume is Cutter and Strongbow.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Yes, I remember. A human complained about how he smelled.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 11:58 pm

10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Th?id=JN.0rkuJGYmkk6%2f3Tfwih7y0g&w=127&h=102&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3
And here I thought all Trolls smelled bad. You know something to do with being underground and working in the forges.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:47 am

We do not necessarily smell "bad", as much as we smell different. Elves with Wolfrider DNA have told me they can tell Troll, Wolfrider and "pure" Elves. But they also admit, Trolls were able to sneak up on them in the Palace Wars, so we don't necessarily announce our presence with body odor.

Elves have described our scent as "earthy" or "copper-like." While we bathe in pure water from underground sources, females use different herbs, oils and minerals for fragrance. Popular cosmetic ingredients include beeswax and night-blooming flowers.

Hunters might rub garlic or ginger on the soles of their feet, to disguise their scent.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Trollbabe wrote:

Hunters might rub garlic or ginger on the soles of their feet, to disguise their scent.

So that's how the Go Backs got the idea of eating troll meat Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Yo- why is that troll serving the elves? The original trolls evolved from apes and were basically pets that gained self awareness and a higher form of intelligence. They were probably trained, much like we train dogs, and began serving the elves that way. I'm sure the process of change was so gradual that the elves didn't realize how evolved and intelligent their "pets" had become- until the rebellion.

But these trolls are fully aware and independent beings from the start. Why are they "willingly" acting as servants? Can't the elves get their own food and clean up after themselves? Will Picknose's progeny really stoop to this?

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:03 am

Depends on the salary the elves are offering. Also benefits plan. In this day and age, you don't sneeze at good health and pension.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:27 am

Lunakat wrote:
Yo- why is that troll serving the elves? The original trolls evolved from apes and were basically pets that gained self awareness and a higher form of intelligence. They were probably trained, much like we train dogs, and began serving the elves that way. I'm sure the process of change was so gradual that the elves didn't realize how evolved and intelligent their "pets" had become- until the rebellion.

But these trolls are fully aware and independent beings from the start. Why are they "willingly" acting as servants? Can't the elves get their own food and clean up after themselves? Will Picknose's progeny really stoop to this?

Confirming for me that, yep, the High Ones weren't all that bright.

See, I can't buy it, either, given the fractious history between the two species for exactly that reason!
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:12 am

Maybe they just really needed a ride off the planet.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:10 am

I just realized- ten years on, Skywise is going to grow taller without Leetah's interference. He's not going to need Timmain to reshape herself- right? He'll be like Sunstream.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:30 am

Maybe yes, maybe no. The Skywise on the cover for #10 looks like the one we have known from the beginning. He may not need a healer's aid to retain his shape.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:29 am

All we see is his head. Why would his head change?

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:44 am

Lunakat wrote:
All we see is his head. Why would his head change?
I think it would. If you compare "short Rayek" with "tall Rayek" you see that his proportions have changed, and are closer to human proportions. His ears became much smaller, for one.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:26 am

Did Sunstream's head change?

Suntop Uncomfortable sunstream

And I still can't get over the fact that I thought he got taller so he wouldn't have to be shorter than Brill...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:56 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Sunstream grew up, so of course his face changed. Rayek was shaped by Winnowil... and by they different artists who drew him. I'm thinking- did Ruffel's face change? I didn't notice that it did, even though she was growing taller. The Sunfolk still look like Sunfolk. They don't suddenly have smaller ears and eyes, and "closer to human" proportions (except for Shen Shen!).

Other tall elves don't have small ears and human proportions either, for all that they are tall. Aroree, Winnowil, Lord Voll and the Wavedancers are all very elf like in the face- just like the Wolfriders and SunFolk. They just have longer bodies.

Quote :
And I still can't get over the fact that I thought he got taller so he wouldn't have to be shorter than Brill...
Oh, I totally agree. That happened way too fast.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

gratitude for the elves saving their rumps?

though now thanks to those comments, i wouldn't mind a nice chunk of garlic herb marinaded troll-kabobs. Rayek Devil
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Sunstream grew up, so of course his face changed. Rayek was shaped by Winnowil... and by they different artists who drew him. I'm thinking- did Ruffel's face change? I didn't notice that it did, even though she was growing taller. The Sunfolk still look like Sunfolk. They don't suddenly have smaller ears and eyes, and "closer to human" proportions (except for Shen Shen!).

Other tall elves don't have small ears and human proportions either, for all that they are tall. Aroree, Winnowil, Lord Voll and the Wavedancers are all very elf like in the face- just like the Wolfriders and SunFolk. They just have longer bodies.

Quote :
Oh, I totally agree. That happened way too fast.

I know it wasn't clear from my post but I did mean 'when he got magically stretched.'

As for getting tall too fast; I think the theory is that whatever's happening to the Sunfolk now just happened to him a bit faster.

But how the heck did his cocoon stretch?

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:21 pm

I mentioned this in the SOC once, but if the Northern Trolls and Go-Backs kept eating each other's flesh, back and forth, eventually there was going to be an outbreak of parasites.

If Trolls served humans on a spaceship, and Trolls were the engineering department of the spaceship, and if the humans might have heard about the High Ones, they would be offering good salary and benefits if they knew what was good for them. Butlers are servants who perform lowly tasks, but they are well paid for it.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:07 am

Redhead Ember wrote:

I know it wasn't clear from my post but I did mean 'when he got magically stretched.'

As for getting tall too fast; I think the theory is that whatever's happening to the Sunfolk now just happened to him a bit faster.

But how the heck did his cocoon stretch?

I knew what you meant. I think he deliberately sped up that process so he would be the same size as Brill. It's taken over twenty years for the Sunfolk to get not even close to as tall.

Maybe Preserver webbing is stretchy?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:23 am

But apparently only "from the inside". Otherwise why would Moonshade have had such a hard time believing he'd gotten taller? She could've just gone to see his cocoon and found that "Yep! It's true, cub's been growing."

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:25 pm

A Preserver-made trampouline would be fun!

It fascinated me that Ahdri's webbing lasted as long as it did.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 12 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next