Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:30 pm

she'll be so relieved to hear that! silly goose, she kept worrying you'd say "oh no, you totally got THIS WRONG. EPIC FAIL" when you saw the picture, despite me trying to tell her mulitple times you're usually happy with any kind of fan art! you're not picky. XD

she'd also like you to know if you ever want her to draw stuff, she is totally willing to take commissions. XD.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 am

Wowowowow, Vaeri, tell your friend from me this is GORGEOUS!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 am

That is incredible artwork, I totally saw Kahvi that way as she was possessed too, it is really disturbing in an awesome way!!

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:03 pm

thanks guys!

anyway, me and my friend are now oh so curious how you're going to handle this split spirit developement with Cutter and Timmain!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Oho, do I have notions! Not quite as far-fetched as canon-FQ, of course - ahem, we here at the Alternaverse aim for a *certain* level of believability - but let's just say Timmain will definitely be repeating the most creepy of those lines to a certain elf in the near future. Wink

Sometimes I worry I'm being too hard on ol' Timmy with all her High One psychoses... and then another issue comes out, and I realize I'm not thinking nearly big enough!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm so glad for the Alternaverse!!!! Especially right now. I'm just so happy with the way you've treated Timmain throughout this story. It's been so refreshing. And it reads so much more solidly. I love it.

Ooooh, Wingthing, you have your work cut out for you now, you know that right? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 pm

i was wondering...just got the first novel, Blood of Ten Chiefs....do you have the books Wingthing? if you did, would they inspire you to rewrite the Alternaverse history further for the Wolfriders back before Joyleaf and Bearclaw?
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 pm

I've got the books - loved some stories, been indifferent about some of the others. On the whole though, I don't see a lot of things I'd like to "fix" as it were. Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff I like the best is really heart-rending - like the Stormlight-Goodtree-Speedwell cycle - such a wonderful series of stories on family dysfunction. But it suits the overall story so well.

I have made a few changes however - Skyfire's child with Dreamsinger being wrapstuffed and found later by Finder being one of the bigger ones. And without giving too much away, Sun Girl and I are mulling over some possible connections between Ekuar, the early Wolfriders, and Mura's tribe before they moved across the Vastdeep... definitely still some history to be told there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:21 pm

ooh, i'd love to see more stories with ekuar in them! that would be cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Fabulous new dollz, sun girl! Well, not so new anymore - I'm fashionably late.

No doubt about Zahntee, Venka and Suntop even in their variant outfits. I like that Zhantee is portrayed very true to his familiar outfit from early days. The necklace as a homage to Rayek's original collar is a nice touch. Venka turned out adorably - style and colors suit her well. I absolutely love the sun-shaped collar! Suntop looks great in this Wolfrider duds with Sunfolk assessoires. His hair is awesome - perfect cut, rich shading and of course with his typical side locks. This golden crest is glowin - a real sun top!
Quicksilver is darling. I don't know her but judging from her look she's Skywise's cub. Style and color scheme of her dress are a nod to her daddy's look, I guess.

More pretties - Gypsy Moth and Sandpiper. Again OCs I'm not familiar with but I can say you gave them very distinct characteristics. They are contrasts in almost everything - differencies make good sparks? Wink (I've realized they are lovemates/lifemates)

I'm looking forward to see the next batch! Very Happy

I like to come here for the artwork. There's so much variance to enjoy.
Kaza's unique style always captures moods and strong emotions in few, seemingly simple lines and strong vibrant colors. I don't know enough about the characters and scenes to give detailed feedback but I absolutely get the emotions!
Vaeri's drawings have a certain innoscence and lovely charm. Smile I like your love for detail and playful additions, i.e. the splots of are paint/dye on Kitfire's sleeves.

Last not least the illustration you've commissioned, Vaeri ... WOW! Sadachbia did an awesome job! I don't know the story but the drawing is telling! The chaotic background texture, wind-torn outfit and mane, the strange light on the hair, the luminous glow-bleeding eyes ... torn, desperate, haunted! It's especially effectibve because the rest of the picture is so realstic - the pose, texture of skin, hair and fur, this screaming mouth - gorgeous! *bows*

Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 6:09 pm

wow, thanks embala! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:23 am

*bows* thank you embala, and my friend thanks you as well! you can certainly expect more commissioned scenes from her from time to time when i can spare the money. maybe even a page or two of comic versions of some of the stories....hehehe
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:40 am

Can we have more of this story? It's better now than the original.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:38 am

Oh... Surprised SHINY! Very Happy And hopefully more of your own art as well, Vaeri!

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you so much for your kind and in-depth comments Embala! I've been having such fun recreating and mixing the different tribal styles. Quicksilver is indeed Skywise's cub with Savin. If you're interested in identifying more of the OCs, Wingthing's site has some excellent family trees, as well as many other features for the Alternaverse!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 1:09 am

Finished writing report cards - yay! And to celebrate, here's a wee sneak peak into part 1 of "Siege at Howling Rock."

You may recognize some of this dialogue from the most recent Final Quest shark-jumping. Wink

“How are your memories?" Timmain asked. "Are you finding ‘Melati’ among them?”

“I find pieces," Melati said. "Then I lose them, then I find them again.”

“As our kind achieved longer and longer lifespans, our minds evolved to hold ever more memories. But even we cannot hold infinite knowledge. Even I, who am charged to remember… I have lost much over the eons. I had lived so as a wolf – it took me much time to know Timmain again. Studying the Scroll of Colors… I regained much. But not all.” She rose, turned to face Melati. Constant interaction with starstone had seen Melati grow to Glider-height, yet still Timmain stood a little taller.

“You have a remarkable opportunity, child. And a choice to make.”

“What choice?”

“You currently hold the memories of two souls, Melati and the Timmain-That-Was. You are recovering Melati, day by day. As she re-emerges, the memories of Timmain will fade. Yet it is not to late to make another choice. You have an exceptional talent – one that I can help you develop. With care and patience, your mind can be shaped to retain all that you have learned – to make you into a living messenger sphere. A repository of all elfin knowledge.”

“Retain… all your memories?”

“And those others charged me to guard. The sum of countless lives.”

“What about my memories?”

“Melati would become merely one of many lives you hold within you. One thread in the Multitude.”

“I would lose myself.”

“No, child.” Something approaching affection brightened Timmain’s features. “You would gain yourself. You would become more than you were before – more that you could ever imagine!”
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:11 am

omg aiiiiieee !!! I am so goddamn excited. I want to read this in bed with garlic custard and smoked pork . omg. WIngthing, I LOVE your work so much !!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 am

That's really interesting what Timmain is suggesting. I like it!

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:33 am

That's really interesting, Wingthing! I like it.

Ooooh, I wonder if she'll choose to become the Multitude and Beast will be so desperate to have Melati back that he'll seek the healing/changing he needs to be open to sending and Recognition will either pull her out of the Multitude entirely or shape it into something not even Timmain foresaw. (Not to mention answering what happened to Yosha's spirit.)

The Multitude idea reminds me of the Gliders and how they became their jobs. It is also not something I think I'd choose myself but I can at least see how someone could see it as a good thing.

Though another idea is to simply take another chunk of starstone and infuse it with all those memories again.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 am

I'd do it! How cool!

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 9:28 am

It's an interesting situation. Of course all the other elves would feel that they had lost her-- and that she had lost herself-- that it was wrong. But she wouldn't have lost herself-- she would simply have become much more than herself. She would still be in there-- but who she had been would be less important than everything she could be.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks sun girl sunny The family trees look fine. I might check out the site for information somewhen.

Sadly I'm not a great reader Sad ... and definitely a slow one!)

Last edited by Embala on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:42 pm

well definitely gotta root for a Mel x Beast recognition. glad to see the jump sharking being twisted into sense! XD definitely interesting to see what will happen...

and you realize this is basically the second seige at Howling Rock right? Razz unless we dive into Ember's memories with her, and relive pieces of what happened at Howling Rock to lead to current events.

now i'm wondering how many more stories before you decide to just all out turn Timmain into a villian. :p perhaps she gets possessed by the force of Howling Rock.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Lunakat wrote:
It's an interesting situation. Of course all the other elves would feel that they had lost her-- and that she had lost herself-- that it was wrong. But she wouldn't have lost herself-- she would simply have become much more than herself. She would still be in there-- but who she had been would be less important than everything she could be.

Well, that's how Timmain is selling it anyway… but then Timmain has a very strong ulterior motive!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm really hoping she doesn't. If she's being straight forward-- I would find that pretty interesting.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next