Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wingthing

wingthing

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 10:11 pm

I'm afraid if Spar came to the Evertree, it would probably be with a torch in hand... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 8:07 am

I've recently started reading, and LOVE it.
Live just finished the ballad of Two-Edge, awesome and super sweet with Aroree! Great pairing!
Now I won't read more in this thread for now to avoid spoilers Wink I'll be back soon once I've read more!

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:21 am

Yeah, I never saw Spar as very keen on the wolfrider family lol

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:40 am

Is there like a who's who? List somewhere?
I have to admit I sometimes forget about some relations, a list would be nice. I know it'll include spoilers.

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:54 am

you could always ask us here! or there's family trees in the features section, lots of fun. some spoilers but it helps you to remember mostly who is related to who.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/family.html
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Derp... Now I feel a bit silly.
I should have checked that whole features part of the site first, before asking.
I started a new story and had totally forgotten who the kiddo Spar was XD

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Welcome to the party, faeriegirl!

Zadzi wrote:
Yeah, I never saw Spar as very keen on the wolfrider family lol

Yeah, as far as Spar is concerned, the "old school" Wolfriders died with Redlance - and its not like she held them in that high esteem before then, considering just how much she still resents Redlance and Nightfall for aging and dying on her.

SIDEBAR:

Okay, time for another random rant about the canon-verse: one thing I've never understood about WaRP's EQ is the stunning LACK of conflict between the mortal/immortal elves.

Sure, we had Winnowill's disgust at the "impure ones" and Rayek's eugenics - but they are so clearly wearing "Villain" signs over their heads that the readers are meant to dismiss their views. And aside from Leetah's angst over losing Cutter (and Ember) and Skywise's identity crisis - the whole thing has been glossed over until Final Quest. Yay for it coming out now, but I can't help thinking there are so many lost stories in the years that preceded it.

What did Behtia think as Wing let himself age and die naturally instead of waking up Mender from wrapstuff and saying "flush out the busted telomeres, stat!" ? Windkin is grateful Winnowill made him immortal - did he ever judge Dewshine and Scouter for seemingly never even considering doing the same? All those immortal-mortal pairings... and all those CHILDREN of immortal-mortal pairings... such a mine for conflict and complexities.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptySun May 08, 2016 12:09 am

Wingthing, yeah...the lack of conflict in EQ has generally been external (coming from humans, mainly, which is another of my gripes) and the only times it's really been deep enough to have any real notice within the elf communities has been, as you say, with very obvious villainous characters who were 'obviously crazy' or something. The lack of 'conflict' between mortal/immortal elves has seemed handed off as 'well, they're elves and they just have deeper understanding of these things since they're more sophisticated and unconditional somehow'...which I personally have found to be BS. It just comes off as lazy.

FQ has been maddening to me especially since it's trying to make the conflict come to a head about these choices, but now it's because of the damn palace representing a lifestyle choice, and the attention has mostly been shifted onto the whole Cutter/Timmain thing, so it muddies the attempt.

EQ has relied so heavily on humans as the main external villain / antagonist within the story arcs, that it manages to shoot itself in the foot and back itself into a corner with doing so. The story is continuing to be Us vs. Them because there's an insistence on writing humans in a 1-dimensional way (read: dumb as dirt) with only a very small handful of exceptions. There's no attempt to assimilate or learn trade or any of that stuff by the elves because the humans are consistently AWFUL for the most part... so as a result, I think that's why there's been no focus on conflict within the tribes themselves about mortality vs immortality. I don't think there was ever meant to be conflict early on, just oh woe is us, the humans hate us....who has time to think of issues like mortality or immortality when the humans are so much more threatening ...forEVER now ! And they have tiny lifespans... so in a way in comparison, all elves really are immortal in comparison.
Still doesn't go deep enough though , does it.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm

well there's kind of a conflict between Moonshade and Strongbow over the immortality right? though it would be kinda nice to see some conflict between Sunstream and Ember..i mean they're twins, but opposite ends of the spectrum! they can't agree about everything.

feels so odd speaking of Sunstream and Ember as the twins when i'm on the alternaverse thread, where i've gotten used to Sunstream and Venka, and Ember the daughter of Wing and Behtia. XD
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I really like the Ember of Alternaverse, there's something strangely tragic about her, she's full of internal conflicts and has a weird sadness mixed with fiery strength.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Vaeri wrote:
feels so odd speaking of Sunstream and Ember as the twins when i'm on the alternaverse thread, where i've gotten used to Sunstream and Venka, and Ember the daughter of Wing and Behtia. XD

... Venka and Sunstream makes a lot more sense as twins, don't they? Wink

(Oddly enough, before Sun Girl and I started the Alternaverse, I totally shipped Suntop and Venka. They just seemed to fit so perfectly, plus Suntop could have Rayek as a father-in-law.

...Feel kinda... dirty thinking about that now.)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 2:35 am

i remember reading that somewhere!^^ maybe in Swift's biography..?

and honestly at this point, i can easily swap out Venka and Ember mentally. they both feel natural next to him to me now. XD but in this case, with how things turned out...yeah that'd totally be incest, and Zhantee and Quicksilver would NOT be happy.

....unless then Zhantee and Quicksilver hooked up in retaliation and created some odd melding of Tass and Weatherbird. now THERE'S an image to put shivers up your spine and cracks in your skull! bwahahahaha.

never talk pairings with someone who does crackbabies as a hobby.^^
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 12:02 pm

I just have such a new appreciation for the term 'crack pairing' now, Vaeri Very Happy

Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Vaeri: Please create the art of this awesomely crack crazy sounding pairing.... dooooo eeeeet.... Wink
Very Happy Very Happy

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:23 pm

uh oh, what have i done....XD well an artist must do as commanded :p

but yeah, crack pairings...literally, a pairing you must have been on crack to come up with. same extension to crack baby...seriously, my deviantart gallery is FILLED with sailor moon crackbabies. guess now i can add a legit EQ crackbaby to my porfolio...i will be working on this now! expect an unholy melding probably later tonight!*sweeps off villianously in a cape*
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 12:04 am

And a new fic is up!

The Hunt decides to cut ties for good, but they aren't leaving without Rue...

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/rue.html
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 12:41 am

ooooooh new chapter! funny timing, i just finished my little project...XD everyone, i'd like to introduce you to the daughter of Quicksilver and Zhantee, Spiritstar. she has hair so dark, it nearly appears black with purple highlights and is very voluminous and a bit puffy, but a lot of hair. but her most striking feature is her eyes, or as some call it, Star Eyes or Spirit Eyes. She can see and commune with any spirit, elfin or otherwise, and is able to utilize any ability they had in life. She also has increadible sending abilities, the limit yet unreached. but despite her great power, she's more interested in the fun side of life when she can indulge, and is only serious on rare ocassion.

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 Codename_vengence_by_crystalsetsuna-da2694d
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 12:57 am

Awwww! SO cute! Very Happy She really is the perfect Tass-Weatherbird mash up - brain-melting adorable!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:04 am

thank you! a bit simple maybe, but i'm rather happy with it. ^^ didn't know whether to go with purple eyes or silver, but i figured "eh, offspring of the daughter of skywise. silver eyes works" and it contrasts better. though the question now is, who would she recognize? Cheipar or Coppersky?

and WOW what a chapter! phew, i feel so bad for Rue...and what a turn of events. and YES i knew Littlefire was gonna go check out Homestead!*fistpump* and i can see how Stripe's soulname is...like his personality, brooding, right?
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:46 am

Can I just say you're really damn good at writing characters who come off so damn dickish that I end up setting here hoping something immensely painful will happen to them.

I'm really proud of Rue! =D

I'm still slightly worried they're going to come back and just abduct a bunch of women tho.

...Now I just have the problem I kinda want to see how miserable Stripe's life gets.

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 12:15 pm

WOW what a gorgeous image!!
I must admit that I haven't "met" Weatherbird nor Tass yet, but am very much enjoying the reading!

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 12:30 pm

That was pretty awesome, I'm glad the hunt's going - good riddance! They're a pain in the ass. I feel bad for Rue, and really for all the others that are staying. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Although I didn't think Kitfire was going to Homestead...wasn't there mention of a different place he/she was scouting out, that was still on the planet?

Also, gorgeous work, Vaeri!

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Shadowpath wrote:

...Now I just have the problem I kinda want to see how miserable Stripe's life gets.

Let me put your heart at ease now, and tell you: It ain't good.
Granted, the sudden shrinkage in numbers will result in several more Recognitions, but with no real elder to guide them, we're looking at a brutal life of opportunistic scavenging, raiding human settlements, and generally screwing up royal!
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Although I didn't think Kitfire was going to Homestead...wasn't there mention of a different place he/she was scouting out, that was still on the planet?

You get very different stars just by going from the northern to the southern hemisphere. I don't think Foxfire's reference to a home with new stars means Homestead.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:20 pm

I know, I think Vaeri thinks so though. And I'm waiting for Wingthing to say something so some delicious morsels of info can be leaked Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next