Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 10:40 pm

*gleaming eye* oh i just think so, do i? PROOF TIME IT IS THEN!*puts on glasses and whips out evidence*

exhibit A! in Chapter 1 of The Schism, Pool mentions the discontented joining Haken on Homestead, prompting a curious reaction, and what can be presumed as a debate between souls which causes shaking and tics.

exhibit B! near the end of Chapter 3 of The Schism, Kitfire turn their eyes to the sky after their escape from the Evertree, specifically on what is described as a pinpoint of blue light, brighter than any other star. considering all stars are planets and distant suns, only the closest planetary objects will be percieved as a bright colored object. and presumeably only water can be percieved as blue from such a distance, and Homestead is indeed a water bearing planet.

exhibit C! in How I Spent My Winter Vacation, Kitfire is having a conversation with Aurek, in which Littlefire asks his father to keep an eye on the wolfriders as he must go away for a while. Aurek gives the information that he suspects he is going to look for a new holt, and that he was talking to Skywise. Skywise who is also in league with Haken surveying Homestead, may i remind you! and Littlefire admits he will be scouting near and very far.

exhibit D! in the newest story Rue, it has been established Kitfire have gone away. and Foxglove says that they've gone hunting for a new holt, where there are NO HUMANS OR TROLLS. now let us keep in mind that Two Edge told us in Seige at Howling Rock that there was no place that hadn't been claimed or mined out by trolls. suffice to say every continent on Abode has trolls. Foxglove also tells us that this place has trees they've never seen.

we are told in Chapter 1 of Schism by Skywise that Homestead is covered in forests of plants and presumeably yes trees with gold leaves, like a forest forever in deathsleep. trees no one would have seen before. it is only presumable due to the distance of Homestead from Abode that Homestead would also have an altered view of the stars, resulting in new constellations as also described by Foxglove.

I REST MY CASE!*slams book panting and whips off glasses* the Defense may now cross examine the witness.

thorough enough perhaps? :p
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:19 am

cheers cheers cheers

That. Was. Glorious.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:22 am

Very Happy Man, Vaeri, you just pick up on all the clues!

Spiritstar is adorable by the way! Wingthing's right, she's like a perfect melding of Weatherbird and Tass. In fact, she's so adorable I had to dollz her, I hope you approve! And I also just finished dollzing Rue, so here she is to go with her fic.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Spiritstar_zpscbwwm7r8 8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Rue_zpsepgctwcq
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:34 am

awww, thank you guys. i have all the warm fuzzies now. and whoo hoo, i picked up on all the clues!...what can i say, i read these things over multiple times to lock them into my brain, and i just tend to..notice stuff.

and omigosh, lookit that awesome doll of Spiritstar! i will just say, i was trying to give her a one shoulder sash similar to Weatherbirds dress, but a sash like what Tass wears around her waist. i was using Weatherbird's calendar pin up and Tass' full body doll dress as my references. but the full collar does look nice too!^^

but she just looks so great as a doll, and i'm so glad you guys like her so much! i didn't think i'd hit that spot on with a melding of Tass and Weatherbird but...well i guess i did! of course feel free to use the appearance and/or name in the story if you ever need a filler character for a scene.^^ she was rather fun to design.

and ohhh Rue is just adorable! lookit that curly hair!
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:49 am

Aha! I wasn't sure about the shoulder-sash, with the 3/4 angle I was debating whether it was meant to be one-shoulder or both, I just guessed wrong. But that's an easy tweak to do. I totally recognized the costume references, Weatherbird's belt and Tass's colour scheme jumped right out at me! Well done!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:53 am

if you want to tweak it, that's up to you. i'm really fine either way, i'm just utterly thrilled you actually liked her enough to make a doll of her! and it always amazes me because you're just so doggone good at the dolls, all those little pixeled details...!

and really? i felt like i was doing more of Weatherbird's color scheme with the purpley colors. i ended up feeling like the dress by itself looked just too Weatherbird, and ended up actually adding the wrist bracers as a feature to make her unique from either girl.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:47 am

Tweakity:
8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Spiritstar_zpst0pk9mxe
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:10 pm

OK, ok, first of all, yay Spiritstar, yay Rue! Gorgeous work as always, Sungirl Very Happy

And Vaeri? Yeah, you nailed it, I think. I wasn't sure the Wolfriders would transition to Homestead right away.... didn't think they would be able to handle such a huge jump from one place to another, but who knows. I certainly did see Homestead as an option when Kitfire was looking off as the stars when the stuff with psycho tree was going down. But I wasn't sold on it.... now I might be. Hmmm.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:25 pm

tweaked or not, she still looks so great <3

well i was honestly just pointing out what i saw as pointers towards the direction they would go to Homestead...and being extremely silly about it. but it honestly makes sense, to me at least. if they want to be able to run wild and free, and escape the influence of the Evertree, then for the Holtbound, it makes a lot of sense to transition to Homestead. then it'd be like it was in back in the OLD old days...ya know, Joyleaf and Swift when she first was chief.

and after what happened...i imagine they would be quite willing to take a leap of faith. especially with the Daughter of Strongbow and Grandson of Kahvi to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:00 pm

I wasn't saying that they were definitely NOT going to Homestead. But Wingthing is just as happy to let us come to our own erroneous conclusions as Warp used to be. Smile
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Heck Manga I've been so wrong on my guesses on where the story is going. I have a feeling that Wingthing and Sun Girl just sit back and wait for me to get it wrong again. Then they have a good laugh. Laughing

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptySat May 14, 2016 1:15 am

maybe they wait until you make some guesses then say to each other "quick! what's the opposite of what soreyes said?!" :p

but i certainly think the most likely explaination is the wolfriders are going to Homestead.

Last edited by Vaeri on Sat May 14, 2016 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptySat May 14, 2016 1:55 am

I think they might settle there eventually, but I'm not sure about right away.
Also, isn't the environment kinda barren? I know they have shapers and all that stuff but I'm not sure how wolfriders will go and live so separately from the Haken crowd, forgoing things like hunting and all that. It's a big place....and I know they can adapt eventually but I'm not sure they'd just be willing to go live in what seems like a wasteland. Haken / Former Oasis folk relocating means like other huts and buildings and stuff like that.... but what's the rest of Homestead like? What grows there? What animal/vegetation etc. is there?

It would be interesting if the wolfriders went to Oasis after Haken & Co. leave. After all, I'd imagine the Oasis elves who stay are going to have to go back to hunting and farming, right? I'm not sure they'll even want Melati's creations around since they're so opposed to her. They're going to need all the help they can get too probably lol. And while there are no humans there, the trolls only seem to have been involved with Haken. Maybe they'll want nothing to do with Oasis once Haken's crowd is gone. Hmm.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptySat May 14, 2016 2:00 am

but Haken did say it was not going to be a safe conquest of Homestead right? and if a planet can host water and vegetation, then by all means it surely has some lifeforms. ergo, food. and i'm not sure if the Holtbound would be much help to the sun folk...and i really doubt the sun folk would welcome the Hunt!

also, was watching The Croods, and i saw an animal who totally made me think of alternaverse.

i rather think the liyotes could be a good double for the Jackrunners! though the liyote is smaller..perhaps a baby version? but it so looks like something Melati would create and it's crazily easy for me to picture one of these standing over Beast and panting, the scene when Beast returns to Cinder Pools after The Moment. and slobbering.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Liyote11
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:09 pm

I just started reading these stories and am quite enjoying it. So far it's still staying very close to the original, but with enough of a change to make it interesting. I'm just getting to the point now where they are at Blue Mountain, and some of the new characters are being explored more. I look forward to seeing where it will go.

I did read the Survivor spoof 5-6 years ago. I thought it was great! The descriptions of the characters in their street clothes inspired me to want to try to draw some of them. Unfortunately, I only got as far as Skywise before my attention drifted. I am getting itchy fingers, so maybe it's time to try another one.

8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Surviv11

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:07 am

oh man i stop paying attention for a week and all this stuff has happened!

-everyone's art is very cool and i love it all (sadly my computer is being a butt so i can't do any digital art at the moment Sad )

-i kinda like the hunt's tradition of communal childraising--the only thing is that they take it way too far and end up separating children from parents who want to raise them themselves

-rue seemed a little weak-willed until the end when she gets it together and just bellows stripe's soulname outloud! that was so awesome, i hope she and foxglove become actual friends and maybe get some confidence

-i guess kit and littlefire have gone to mars? it's very like them to pull a dr manhattan on everyone XD

man i'm really enjoying this stuff with the evertree--it's so interesting! i can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:11 am

I was reading "Her Secret Soulname is Tam" today (yeah, I know, I'm way behind Razz) and I noticed a potential issue—it mentions Rayek's spearhead as being brightmetal. Unless that's a specific point of divergence between the canon timeline and the Swiftverse, the Sun Folk didn't have brightmetal when they first met the Wolfriders—just soft stuff like gold and silver, and perhaps copper or bronze. MAYBE iron, but it's doubtful they could get an open-air furnace hot enough to smelt it. Remember how Cutter thought "Brightmetal! Only New Moon is made of that light, troll-made stuff." So clearly neither Rayek's dagger nor spearhead were made of brightmetal, at least not in canon. (I just kind of assumed flint/obsidian. Both materials are plentiful, fairly easy to work, and even sharper than metal when freshly chipped.)
Back to top Go down
http://AmethystSadachbia.deviantART.com
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:12 am

nice Skywise Outlier! ahhh the survivor series...i enjoyed them both immensely and still do! in fact recently i was remembering them, and rather wishing Wingthing would write another Elfquest Survivor story...perhaps with the universe so expanded now, it could be strictly an Alternaverse cast? be a nice contrast to the all canon Elfquest story, with the mixed universes in the middle.^^

also gonna vouch for my friend. it's the scene where Rayek bursts into Savah's hut after hunting, with him looking down New Moon and Swift looking up at him. does seem a bit funny in that chapter he has a brightmetal spear before him and Swift consumate their Recognition, and the fun thing after that royally pisses off Strongbow.^^ (AKA One of Those Years for the newbies)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:21 am

Whoopsie, am I gonna have to go back and edit that? Yeah, probably will. Rayeks spear should be metal - just not BRIGHTmetal. Hansha has managed to smelt simple ores, but nothing as fancy as steel.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand fixed! It's now "tarnished metal" - since I imagine it's rusting bronze or a poor iron blend that's now flaking a bit on the edges. But it's still not flint. Oh no, Rayek is way too proud to go Stone Age (even if it's actually a way better blade Ā Rolling Eyes )

Love the Skywise, Outlier!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:42 am

yay for continuity!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:52 am

The elves deserve it in ONE verse at least Wink (oh, did I say that, meow!)

... I'll take it back as soon as Wendy posts a plausible explanation for how Sust and Pool were conceived one to two years before Chitter, yet ended up being teenagers when she was still a toddler... or where Yun found the time to adopt Khorbasi before Korafay was born...
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:44 am

see this is why wendy needs a comprehensive timeline XD helps clear all the birth/age stuff right up

(oh hey also i think it's interesting that the evertree is so isolated from other elves that rue didn't know about brightmetal being two-edge and aroree's son--you'd think that would be a widespread story, especially since the original evertree members would have known about them. just goes to show how different and insular the evertree's gotten)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:41 pm

And how little the young'uns actually listen to their elders' stories. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:39 pm

So, having finished reading HSSNiT, Iā€¦kind of want to turn it into a comic. >_>
Back to top Go down
Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:41 pm

wingthing wrote:
... I'll take it back as soon as Wendy posts a plausible explanation for how Sust and Pool were conceived one to two years before Chitter, yet ended up being teenagers when she was still a toddler... or where Yun found the time to adopt Khorbasi before Korafay was born...

Or how the heck old Moonmirror, Puffer, and Tumble actually are. They were referred to as children, but what was Puffer doing with a full 8-pack at age 6? That's how old he always seemed to me in the original one-shot and in the serials. Are we meant to think he's a teenager in The Discovery? If so, why is he still child-height? *sighs in Elfmom's direction*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   8 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next