Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))

Go down 
+14
wingthing
Lunakat
Vaeri
manga
Kaza999
Soreyes
Zadzi
Sadachbia
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Embala
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Fairyring
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Sadachbia wrote:
So, having finished reading HSSNiT, I…kind of want to turn it into a comic. >_>

do eet do eet do eet DO EET!!! :p

this is why if i ever win the lottery, i'm opening a thread for suggestions on scenes to be drawn in comic form from the alternaverse.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm

vaeri that sounds like such a good idea! i need to practice my comic making--i should totally do one when i get my computer to cooperate
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:50 am

Yes, it's an awesome idea!
Kaza999, can't wait until your computer is fixed so we can see some more of your gorgeous work!

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 1:10 am

then i will totally do that if i win the lottery! unless we want to start a general pool where we all contribute a bit of money at a time until we have enough for a scene we all agree on.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:37 pm

ok so i got my computer problems cleared up so i decided to practice some comic making !

here is some very very very rough interpretations of rayek and swift's recognition cuz it's one of my favorite scenes (the action makes it a lot harder for me to clean up and this is more stuff than im used to drawing at once)

sorry for size--ugh the image uploader here is so hard to use Razz

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 Ttam112

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 Tttam212
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Awesome, Kaza!!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:38 am

very nice! though Swift does look a bit too muscular and masculine
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:44 am

thanks, guys!

aw i always love to draw swift very buff--i know she's described as skinny but a) i am a huge sucker for muscular women and b) i'm a sucker for size difference and i am weak for lil skinny rayek next to big buff swift XD i mean i know she's described as skinny and wiry but the body type difference is too much for me to resist

i think i'm also having a bit of trouble with swift's design in general--i'm never sure where cutter ends and swift begins y'know? i use a LOT of references but cutter and swift have different bodytypes and faces so it's tricky for me to strike a balance--like i don't think i want swift to look classically feminine cuz that doesn't seem very her, but obviously she can't look just like cutter because that's not her either

(lmao sorry if im talking too long about my own art i just love talking character design)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:50 am

well you could always use the art gallery in the alternaverse! definitely tons of swift for reference...plus there is that very nice nude Swift In The Moonlight done by Sungirl. definitely showcases her body structure very nicely.

i'm having to tread a fine line here, because i'm such a stickler for authenticity...XD don't want to stiffle your artistic creativity or seem like i'm bashing it though! but i had to say something just because i look at the comic, and it's hard to see any Swift...all i can see is Cutter recognizing Rayek! ^^0
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:02 am

omg vaeri cutter recognizing rayek tho im crying XD

it's no problem, i love constructive crit, and i love talking about art!

sungirl's art is really good but a lot of times i end up going to canon eq because of the volume of art--eq elves are proportioned a lil weirdly so if i want to find good action shots i gotta go digging thru the comics (which is no doubt where swift gets her muscles)

i'm kind of a bad fan artist tbh because i love to mess around with established character designs or just...accidentally end up ignoring them?? (see; my interpretation of foxglove, the multiple designs littlefire went thru before i finally got one that was faithful)

the solution is clear tho; i gotta draw more swift! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:10 am

well it's true! XD i mean you went for a muscular swift, but it seems like a dead ringer for a buff FQ Cutter. especially the 2nd to last panel! perhaps keeping the muscle definition in the arm but cutting off a third of the width might give it a more feminine appeal? and a smaller nose. definitely a smaller nose though i think you got the up tilt right cause Swift has one heck of a perky nose. and probably more boob definition. one of the biggest differences between Cutter and Swift is the fact the latter has boobs. well bigger ones. :p oh and a slimmer neck.

like i said i'm really bad....i think i would hurt feelings if artists could see into my head and see my mental reactions when i see some art...usually there's a period of screaming. and i don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings because people do art for fun and it's great! so i could probably go on and on pointing out inaccuracies...>.<

...just gonna throw this out there though....we need more pregnant swift. :p we need more preggy pictures period!!
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:24 am

aw yeah well swift isn't swift without the perky nose! hm--though u do have a point about nose size--often times i draw noses pretty big, but eq elves have much smaller ones on average

yyyyyyeah, lemme see what keeping arm definition but narrowing the width does--most ladies don't have arms like pro wrestlers anyway XD ok tbh most people don't have pro wrestler arms

boob definition is a little difficult during action shots Razz it sucks because a lot of times i like drawing women curvier, but during action shots the fighting gets in the way D: and also swift isn't wearing a bra cuz wolfriders never invented them so she's got like, no support in that area XD girl needs to get a hold of some sun folk bras, u don't see any of them having this problem

yeah no constructive crit is totally okay! as long as ur not a jerk about it it's super helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:54 am

well i meant giving it a bit more of like...a boob curve. take the 2nd to last panel. if you lookit the chest, it's a single line vs where a female would have the curve of the breast which usually form like kind of a C shape, then under that and slimmer, the curve of the ribcage. am i making sense? ^^0

also just realized you might want to try curving and/or softening the jaw in that panel too. very square jawed which i realize also makes me think Cutter.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 2:10 am

i could do that, you're right! my worry is that like--would that make sense with her shirt? most of her shirts are pretty tight and show off her curves but this is '2 weeks in the desert' swift so would her shirt be tighter or would it be ratty and loose? wolfriders use hide as well, which is pretty thick and stiff and wouldn't necessarily be very flattering :p (again, reasons to adopt mistmoth)

i mean most of the wolfrider ladies have tight shirts and swift's vests are usually pretty tight but i'm still a little uncertain

haha omg i always draw everyone's jaw too hard, like everyone--they could have a round face and i'd still be like 'no, jawline that could cut glass' i really gotta work on that XD
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:49 pm

well actually Swift has only the vest at this point, no shirt. so you could still showcase the curve of the breast because that always projects further than the ribcage. so the vest could actually help show her ribs, which you could try drawing a tad more skeletal to reflect the conditions she went through. of course normally 3 days starvation and dehydration wouldn't actually affect someone quite that much, but these are tinier elves who have rather low fat reserves, so it makes sense it would be at least somewhat apparent.

i think the best reference for her outfit you could use would be some of Sungirl's newest art, this piece. http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/media/swift_rayek.jpg

you can even see a bit of the breast curve to ribcave curve i was talking about, even under her vest. plus outfit reference! well of course minor the claws on Swift's necklace at this point for the comic, but everything else would be the same.^^

....i feel these something distinctly odd about me giving anatomy and composition advice when i wouldn't even be able to draw a comic freehand as good as you've done currently...o.o i would need to copy from a base, like one of the actual comic pages.

.....i think i'm gonna do that anyway. OR DIE TRYING! not really. :p
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Kazaa999, I ADORE your work - and I absolutely love those panels. I actually really like muscular Swift - I don't really give a damn whether it's canon or whatever, one of the coolest things is seeing the artist's perspective and interpretation of character, and in this case, your work is always amazing because it's so damn unique and unexpected. I see so many perky looking elves and stuff, it's always such a sweet relief to see a re-interpretation of the same subject with an a new take. Plus, your work is so DISTINCT, Kaza999 - it's like, I can look at it with no signature and know it's YOURS. That's a remarkable thing.
I personally don't care about the exact details and getting it all perfect etc. because HOLY CRAP your work is awesome! Please do more!

I'd love to see preggers Swift !!!

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 2:38 pm

wow, thank you zadzi! Smile i'm glad you like my stuff! (i too like elves with different body types--so many elves are skinny and delicate, i like fatter or more muscular elves) i think next time i do swift tho i'll try vaeri's advice and make her a bit smaller--she really does look a lot like cutter which isn't quite what i'm going for (she's still gonna be more muscular than rayek tho because yes)

vaeri, you should totally try a comic page! it's fun and it's really good practice! Very Happy

hm...i still just don't know about the texture of swift's vest--like physics wise it makes more sense to me that her vest would be less flattering and make her look flat-chested, but costume wise in both eq and sungirl's art, elves in general and swift in particular have shirts/vests that conform to curves, so ???? i think i'll test out both ways and see which ones work better

or i could switch to drawing swift at times when she's wearing mistmoth and a bra so she just always has support XD
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Kaza999, I used to draw a LONG time ago and I'm trying to work on a graphic novel now - basically an illustrated version of my grandmother's book that she published way back in the 50s, but my drawing skillz are terrrrrrrrrible lol. I really want to try though...but it's weird because it really seems to be about practice a lot of the time. Like when I was drawing a lot, my work was definitely getting better. When I stopped after a while it was so hard to make anything look good anymore lol

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 2:57 pm

zadzi, it totally is all about practice! just keep at it--ur art will improve the more u do it! a graphic novel is a really big undertaking too, i hope it works out Smile
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 3:10 pm

i think you mean moth fabric, rather than mistmoth...? XD though i remember a tip i've seen from a few artists: draw your figure out entirely and nude, then add on the clothes just like you would a real person. it lends a sense of realism and improves your anatomy! and then the clothes can follow the curves of the body.

also the physics make sense to me...if the fabric is thin enough, which surely Moonshade would scrape it nice and comfy, it can easily conform to the body but still have free hanging bits. plus it's a matter of measurements. if the bust area is crafted with smaller measurements, then it could very well act as a supporting feature while everything else hangs like normal fabric.

ehh i gave it half a try...but converting a male Cutter to a female Swift is..odd in process and the old art of the original quest is beautiful but not particularly good for tracing over. but *shrug* maybe i'll try doodling a handdrawn comic. haven't done hand drawing in...forever. at least my attempt would be humorous:p
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 3:18 pm

moth fabric, that's what it's called! *headdesk* whatever the heck the sun folk wear tbh XD

i mean i tend to base what characters wear on how /my/ clothes work, and if i'm not wearing a bra then boop! flat chest XD buuut all the wolfriders wear custom outfits so yeah i bet moonshade could make something that supports the chest--which would also make sense considering wolfriders do a lot of running around

you should totally freehand a comic! i would love to see it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Mistmoth sounds like a cool new name for a character!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 3:37 pm

don't say that, you might get your eyes burned out with the horribleness of my freehanding...XD seriously if i don't have a base to work with it's...it's not impressive. XD plus now i'm kinda putting along on a new alternaverse outfit piece. hints on who it is! a very well known couple.^^ cookies and doritos to whoever can guess who it is :p oh and everyone will get a WIP preview if anyone can guess the couple.^^

and yes moth fabric. memorization skills of facts to the rescue! dundun duuuun!*pose*

i want to say there was a wolf named mistmoth....*muses* i'm not sure. i'm better at remembering the elves rather than their wolves.
Back to top Go down
Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Vaeri wrote:
a new alternaverse outfit piece. hints on who it is! a very well known couple.^^ cookies and doritos to whoever can guess who it is :p oh and everyone will get a WIP preview if anyone can guess the couple.^^

SERENITY AND ENDYMION! Very Happy oh wait…you meant Elfquest Alternaverse…
Back to top Go down
http://AmethystSadachbia.deviantART.com
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 EmptySat May 21, 2016 1:51 am

Dang... now it's MY turn to stay away for 24 hrs and miss all the fun!

Amazing comic layout Kaza999! I love that wide panel of Rayek and Swift wrestling on the ground moments before the big R hits. (You *almost* had her there, Rayek!) Wow! It's so wonderful to see the scene I wrote way back in 2001 come to life with such... immediacy! (Does that make sense? I hope so)

You're right, Vaeri! Mistmoth was a wolf - good catch! She was Moonsbreath's wolf in "Culture Shock" - I had to look it up to verify, because yeah. I got the same "I know that name" feeling.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1)) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 1))
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next