Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #22

Go down 
+26
Startear
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
Prism
Wisp
namuhna
Arthis
Blackbird
sun girl
Anduinel
wingthing
manga
Miss Gillespie
Josine
Lunakat
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Zadzi
Multi-Facets
Outlier
Bluetree
Stargazer
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
Davrille
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:47 pm

I have never liked Strongbow, he has always been my least favorite character in the series, and he'll probably forever be just that. But like. I don't blame him for Moonshade's death. Considering that we didn't know of this ability... why on Earth could he know this would happen?

And on that note, I really don't get why Moonshade had to die. Disregarding what others has said about firearms at the time and the rest. Strongbow has had a lot of people that he care about die. His father, Crescent, Bearclaw and now Moonshade.

I don't see how one more death is helpful to drive his narrative forward. I'm also annoyed at how the last issue talked about the dream from Dreamtime, pulling a will they- won't they weather or not one of them would die.

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Huh, someone important actually died
I did like how her death scene was drawn.

Lol @ Skywise and Timmain's instant sex right after they recognized

I'm gonna put Venka's child in my family tree soon, I assume Mirff is the father? Then why does Venka claim it got glider blood... confused

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Zinegirl, Mirff could be a descendant of Tyldak. He and Kahvi did visit the Go-Backs off and on.
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

manga wrote:
Zinegirl, Mirff could be a descendant of Tyldak. He and Kahvi did visit the Go-Backs off and on.
But we don't really have an indication of that, apart from Venka's vague insinuation.

I also kinda get the feeling that Venka's quote should've been reserved for Ember and Teir's cub, had she not denied recognition.

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:53 pm

"Vague insinuation" pretty much sums up how FQ seems to me.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:26 am

As far as I can see, "the Way" is all about family, the survival of the group, it's not so much about the individual and it's desires and needs. Remember how Moonshade told Leetah, that her, Leetah's, children belonged to the tribe?
Strongbow was about to get himself killed, even the humans commented on this.
No matter how depressed Stongbow is, he still has obligations towards the rest of his tribe. Furthermore, if hadn't decided to throw away his life, Moonshade would've had no reason to materialise as his shield (if she did it on purpose), respectively, she wouldn't have died in this accident. Strongbow's behaviour destroyed the fulfilment of her wish, even more, it cost her her life.

Conclusion: Strongbow's actions were not only not in accordance with the teachings of his tribe (and he is supposedly the strongest supporter of the way), he also made it impossible for his lifemate to pursue her dreams.

I don't necessarily think that other elves will or should blame him, but I would be ridden with guilt if I were in his shoes.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 am

Wolfriders are kinda the positive variant of clichés about Communism

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:49 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Wolfriders are kinda the positive variant of clichés about Communism

If by communism you mean hippie communes, ok. Wolfriders are essentially the noble savage trope as well.

Strongbow's reaction isn't that different from how Clearbrook's was. She ran off batshit screaming into a snowstorm where a bunch of trolls had just attacked because she'd just lost her mate. ... Both Strongbow and Clearbrook were out of their damn minds . Remember also how hellbent on revenge Scouter and Clearbrook were during the Palace war... not something to be 'proud of' but instead something to be used during a time of battle. Still, there were some suicidal moments and I don't really think they felt guilt. Interestingly while all this was happening, it was Strongbow and Moonshade that Cutter turned to and said, Remind us to not enjoy fighting too much.... they were true keepers of the way.
The way hasn't really existed in a long time, the keepers of it splitting is I guess supposed to represent that also in FQ perhaps?
But I really don't think Strongbow's grief is any different from the (only) other wolfrider death we've seen. Not really.

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 6:18 am

I'm not saying it's a scientific, in-depth depiction of communist ideals, it's more like a portrayal of positive tropes. Probably hippie communes, 'positive communism' and distorted 'noble savages' ideas go hand in hand

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 6:24 am

Sorry, when you say communism, I just get these really dreary housing blocs with no trees and grey sky lol

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 6:48 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
. Furthermore, if hadn't decided to throw away his life, Moonshade would've had no reason to materialise as his shield (if she did it on purpose), respectively, she wouldn't have died in this accident. Strongbow's behaviour destroyed the fulfilment of her wish, even more, it cost her her life.

Conclusion: Strongbow's actions were not only not in accordance with the teachings of his tribe (and he is supposedly the strongest supporter of the way), he also made it impossible for his lifemate to pursue her dreams.

I don't necessarily think that other elves will or should blame him, but I would be ridden with guilt if I were in his shoes.  

A) He didn't decide to throw away his life. He was off grieving in private and avoiding the "Bon Voyage!" atmosphere as his lifemate abandoned him. I'm not saying that to judge Moonshade, it's just objectively what was happening.

B) She now has exactly what she wanted: a life with no more bloody struggle for survival, no fighting or cruelty ever again. I don't understand how or why, with all the talk about how wonderful it is to be a spirit, saying that elves who have died on the way to the Palace have made it after all, and showing us Khavi of all people content as a spirit, Moonshade's death is supposed to be a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Dio

Dio

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 am

Hello everyone,

I mostly come to read all your comments from time to time. Haven't written much yet...

Venka's daughter - I think it is not meant literally that she is the "Child of four tribes", but that might be the meaning of her name: Satreeka.
It could also be a combination of the names of the founders/important (female) members of the four tribes:
SAvah Timmain aroREE KAhvi. Venka also names the tribes in that order.

And I think it could be that the wrapstuffed couple are Annahvi and M'ren from future quest. At least the female's hairdo looks similar. I suspected they would be some of the children yet to be born, but now I tend to think those two are them.

Then there is the question, if future quest is still canon. The palace left for good now and we know that Aurek was onboard. In Future Quest he dwells is the remnants of Blue Mountain and became a mentor for Jink. So does the palace return somewhere in the future?
We also saw Strongbow and Cutter in the palace returning to Abode. After what we know it could have been Timmain as Cutter, but what about Strongbow? If I recall his and Moonshade's dream correctly it looked as if they almost merged before only one wolf remained. Maybe that has something to do with it and also Moonshade's new power. That she has left her body doesn't have to mean, we have seen the last of her and her relationship with Strongbow. It could have evolved in an unexpected way. We might find out...
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Dio wrote:
Hello everyone,

And I think it could be that the wrapstuffed couple are Annahvi and M'ren from future quest. At least the female's hairdo looks similar. I suspected they would be some of the children yet to be born, but now I tend to think those two are them.
*Snaps fingers* I spent several minutes looking at those two, thinking I had seen them before!
I'd buy it.

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Just checked, I'm pretty sure you're right.
7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_oynca8PZk51ugv72l_540
7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_oyncasZmpt1ugv72l_540

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 3:01 pm

It absolutely makes sense! If not I'd say this couple is at least inspired by Annahvi and M'Ren!

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 pm

All I know is that Strongbow and Rayek were the designated whipping boys of Final Quest with Skywise not that better off. Then again,it's all been off,from Ember rejecting Recognition,Mender pining over Dart and Moonshade deciding that she preferred Palace life to the Holt after looking down on Sun Villagers and Gliders for their way of life. I'm glad Final Quest is almost done,it's done a wonderful job of destroying a series that's I've loved for over 3 decades.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 pm

manga wrote:
A) He didn't decide to throw away his life. He was off grieving in private and avoiding the "Bon Voyage!" atmosphere as his lifemate abandoned him. I'm not saying that to judge Moonshade, it's just objectively what was happening

He also objectively didn't run as the humans stood there, clearly aggressive and likely to kill him. I viewed that as pretty ready to throw his life away.

7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Startear, he was surrounded. He sent his wolf off because Bearbaiter stood a better chance of escaping without Strongbow's weight. Then he stood to face the humans calmly. I see that in two ways. 1) Simple acceptance of what would happen. 2) Some predators are safest to face down. Turning and running would have encouraged pursuit.

Throwing his life away would have been charging a larger foe that was better armed and out numbered him. He didn't know Rayek and Windkin were coming - and it looks like they would have been too late in any case.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 pm

took me a while to read this issue but i did.

over all..a bit more meaty than we usually get. we only got two shots of Venka pregnant, jeez.-_- Wendy, why you not like pregnant elves?

Skywise finally recognized and i'm not sure how to feel about it. on the one hand, i did support the whole Skywise x Timmain thing...but i guess we've been waiting so long for it, and it was kinda rushed and sudden...it's hard to fully support it now. Skywise as a High One looks interesting...kinda like a young Voll XD. i kinda had a thought...what if Skywise and Timmain have a son, who looks like Cutter? Timmain "is" Cutter, and Skywise's mother was blonde, so it's possible. and perhaps Jink is actually Skywise's granddaughter. just my speculation.

Wavedancers...jeez, is it just me, or does Brill look way too old when we first see her? just..eugh. Salt and Spray look interesting as High Ones...sparkly sheer fabric. not really very High One-y and not fancy enough. still haaaate Reef's "creature from the black lagoon" look.

Venka's daughters name...this is too close for comfort for me, because when i was 11-12, i created a character based off me who was a vampire, and her name was Satrena. kinda reworked from Serena cause i was a huge sailor moon buff but...XD anyway yeah, anyone else see way too similar? Satrena/Satreeka? it's creepy and bugs me. my friend Amethyst noticed it too and was similarily bugged.

Moonshade dying...had FQ not drained me so much at this point, i'd be gnashing my teeth and royally pissed off. they killed off my favorite character. her death scene was beautifully drawn, but...WHY? what was the point of her dying? why did this huge event of the Palace leaving have to be marred with death? it's almost like..."oh hey look, no one else has died since like Ruffel in the beginning. we need more death!" just so pointless to me really...i am unhappy she died though. i really would have loved a High One Moonshade. but i guess that's what fanfiction is for though. still wish someone'd pull a Melati in canon and revive Moonshade...XD blaming you for that thought, Wingthing!

i question the whole Timmain taking the wolfblood mortality into her...it's a nice dynamic but still questionable. and we now know the SURPRISE from Wendy. Leetah is the new Mother of Memory. i kinda wish i could be more excited about this. and why doesn't Leetah look pregnant at all? isn't she suppose to be a year at least into her pregnancy by now? Venka gave birth! i do like Leetah's outfit though. very Wolfrider and very Sun Village. methinks Wendy is liking her sparkle brush too much...

about damn time the Palace left. dunno what we're doing for the next two issues though...
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:10 am

Venka was said to be much further along in her pregnancy; I guess Leetah will be showing by the next time skip, if there is one.

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 8:29 am

btw if the recognition between Timmain and Skywise indeed results in a child that's really gonna fuck up my family tree Madcoil

Edit: ah wait nevermind, Skywise and his parents don't have known ties to the rest of the gang

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 11:09 am

Yes they do- they're Wolfriders. That means they are descended from Timmorn.

And Skywise is now his own grandpa

Last edited by Lunakat on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 am

I'm My Own Grandpa

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am

Zinegirl wrote:
btw if the recognition between Timmain and Skywise indeed results in a child that's really gonna fuck up my family tree Madcoil

Edit: ah wait nevermind, Skywise and his parents don't have known ties to the rest of the gang

Skywise had wolfblood.

He's banging his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma.

Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Yes they do- they're Wolfriders. That means they are descended from Timmorn.

I know but in terms of my family tree, neither Skywise, Yun, Eyes-High nor Shale have direct (known) bloodrelations to any of the other known wolfriders. Which is fortunate, because otherwise I wouldn't know how to tie Skywise to the ancestor of all Wolfriders without messing up the whole tree or putting the same person in twice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   7 - Final Quest #22 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #22
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next