Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 9:23 pm

LurkingCat's bauble is perfect. Storm's so also perfect and suits her love of owls.

Great new prettiesa Em.

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 1:39 am

Embala wrote:

I thank you, Davrille! Very Happy You like the giftie. The one with the sun was my first choice ... "We are here for the sunrise, ..." Wink

Oooh! I didn't even catch that! Very clever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 6:07 am

The Advent Calendars are built on the previous page already - two calendars again. I want to repost my old calendars and decided that they will go one by one with the most recent calendar. Accompany it. Complement it.
Therefore santa Christmas season 2016 rendeer will bring you:

Advent Calendar 2016 - BoTC: Dark Past ...
This will turn out different than the previous ones. Hardly art by Wendy Pini - featuring the less noticed art, characters and stories instead. Often darker, more blurred ... and more than once presented in antique Christmas ornaments. Hopefully this will create a different mood - a glimpse in another time ...

Extra Treats - ... when life was sharp and short
Dropped in the thread randomly, they give more insight in those earlier times.

The 12 Nights 2016 - Villians, Rogues and Monsters
A place for the dark side of EQ ... sticking with the general theme and time frame. True villians and cruel sights. Rogues and ambivalent characters or doubtful deeds. Threatening events and hidden evil. And whatever else my mind envisions ...

Holiday Specials 2016
The celebration of Christmas, New Year and Three Kings Day as usual.

Advent Calendar 2010 - Chiefs & Mates Reloaded
It is too perfect for this year not to use it. It complements the Blood of Ten Chiefs theme and there you'll find lots of your beloved EQ art. As the days follow the dates of 2010 the numbers will be slightly off. Don't mind - there will be one new window open every day.

... and of course as many Baubleheads as needed! Very Happy

Looks back at schedule ... a heavily loaded season again! And know what? Most of it is already finished! I should thank my secret helper for this  Scouter  - your support, your pre-choices and our creative talk spurred my creativity and ambitions, Shadowpath! Thank you!

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 7:30 am

Thank you so much, Embala, for this profile pic! I love it Hug

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 12:06 pm

I love LurkingCat's bauble!! The snow trees fits so great with those cat eyes!!
Stormcatcher's baubles are looking great! The background fits perfect with the owls!

About Davrille's baubleheads, I did! :-)

I love the themes for this year's christmas season!! Looks like a lot of work. I"m glad Shadowpath is there to help you!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Embala wrote:

Looks back at schedule ... a heavily loaded season again! And know what? Most of it is already finished! I should thank my secret helper for this  Scouter  - your support, your pre-choices and our creative talk spurred my creativity and ambitions, Shadowpath! Thank you!
Happy to have been able to help you out! =D
1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Tumblr_inline_oh9gj4LFLu1s6uavj_500
I have to say LurkingCat's bauble is very beautiful. O,O It has an odd sense of depth to it.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 9:29 pm

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 2016-010
The Storyteller

Advent time is coming. It's time to gather ... lurk, comment, contribute - each way and everyone is welcome.   santa The storyteller is weaving tales from a Dark Past ... when life was short and sharp. Characters and scenes from the early times will show in the calendars and the specials scenes, dropped randomly in the thread. rendeer

Both art and stories are not as well known as the main storyline from OQ to FQ - many characters and scenes will likely be unfamiliar to my dear visitors. Therefor the 2016 calendar and the special scenes offer an extra service - click the picture and it will lead you to the scene on digital Elfquest.

The first calendar windows have opened. Yes - TWO windows per day because there are two calendars. BoTC: Dark Past ... and the Chief's & Mates calendar from 2010. Have a peaceful Advent time.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 9:36 pm

WOW! =D I adore the Timmorn/Three Toe entry, Embala! It's very fitting to the climate they were in at them time. The baubles' colour really make the coldness come through!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Love the leaf shape too.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 6:59 am

I wish you a merry Advent season!

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Giphy

Embala, this is a beautiful bauble!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 am

Thank you, LurkingCat cat ... but take another look! There are three baubles. Two in the calendars and the one above.

*note to myself: make this link picture to direct to the calendar page SOON*

LurkingCat wrote:
1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Giphy10
I love you Such an adorable cat. cathat A peaceful and joyful Advent season for you!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:25 am

I agree with everyone else! They are amazing! I can't really find the word cause I really love those baubles!! Scouter

And this makes me go and reread Timmorn's story!

I know that this year of christmas season is going to be even better!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Brings back some memories.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:04 am

Embala wrote:
.. but take another look! There are three baubles. Two in the calendars and the one above.

Oh, thank you for the hint! I have overlooked it. Embala and Shadowpath thank you for this advent calender/s! This is all so lovely Dewshine Can't wait Smile

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 pm

I apologize for the very belated opening of today's calendar windows. I was without internet connection on Sunday - tho I was in best company. Almost a million of German users had the same problem. And this evening I had a ... minor dispute with photobucket about its pubcrawl habits. XD

The pictures for today show finally - and the windows for tomorrow will open early, I promise!. Very early.

Happy memories, G0lden. You are always attentive and generous with a kind comment. Stormcatcher's owls ... can you imagine her without? Wink It's a pleasant task to create a new baublehead for her every year. Thanks for the praise of LurkingCat's bauble ...

... and for embracing this gift so heartily, I love you LurkingCat! cat

And more praise for those lurking eyes! I wanted a plain black shiny bauble ... but it did not look right. And this cat wanted the snowy trees to hide behind ... Really wanted it! So I tried - and it looked magical. I'm happy you like what you see and look forward to what will come, Wolfie. Very Happy I wish you a good time, young friend. *hugs*

I must have done something right with the cat eyes, Shadowpath O.O ... admittedly I love how this one turned out! And your help was - and still is - much appriciated. *bows*
I'm glad you like the Timmorn/Threetoe window so much. The first picture of a calendar is always kind of special - as is the last one. I was unsecure about this scene - looked almost too weird ... but it was the one both Timmorn and Threetoe agreed with. The icy-silvery leaf ornaments between fir twigs were a must do indeed.

wolfmoonsky wrote:
And this makes me go and reread Timmorn's story!
My work is done! Wink

Two belated windows have opened  ... and two more are ready to show soon!

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 pm

There's is something very alien about, I'll give you that. And that's what makes it so good! The silver makes it look cold, ancient and alien, all in one go.

I've love the mushroom. XD The colour fits oddly well with the gold cap. =D

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 7:37 am

Dunno who the guy in the mushroom is. However, I'm just gonna stay clear of Rellah for a while, she looks pissed.
But wasn't she a bit of a bitch anyway?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 7:50 am

Oh goodness me! I missed Nightdancer!! =D The bell's colour goes really well with her grey/silver hair and the colour of her clothes!

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 am

I love the new baubles! All four of them!!

I didn't realise that the first one was a mushroom, but I see it now! Nice idea! love that the gold actually fits the mushroom!

I love the color of this bauble! I also love the shape of it. She's unamed right? She really looks like Rellah, but i remember her being blond! She looks pissed from far away, but I don't think she is?

I love the gold Timmorn and Murrel baubles! I wonder what they are looking at?

Very nice to see an Olbar bauble! Together with... I forgot her name! They look lovely! I like the background with it. It really fits their lifestyle.

Great job! I can't wait for the next baubles!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 5:00 pm

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 2016-013
Campground

There's a camp for the Wolfriders - a temporary shelter. Just like we have a temporary thread to cherish the season.

Ancient and alien ... cold and feral ... shadowy obscured ... guess I've done something right, Shadowpath. This calendar promises to a different mood indeed. I had planned something different for the random Glider but he wanted the mushroom. Once he moved in it was his natural home without doubt! Same with Nightdancer - she longed for this color and shape. It was a neat challenge to ban her inside the bell.

You are a baublehead this season, Redhead! bounce Happy dance!
The tiny mushroom elf is a nameless Glider from Voll's early times - no wonder you don't remember him. But the bell(e) next door isn't Rellah! I've foreseen the problems with the comparably unknown characters and stories - that's why I've made the pictures for 2016 clickable - click the pic and it will lead you to the scene on DEQ!
Suntop Uncomfortable Sometimes you should really read my longish introductions. Ember

You don't forget to look at the reposted calendar and give the old baubles new love, Wolfie. *hugs*
Timmorn and Murrel are from the EQ Lovemates Calendar - and the baubles mirror the original page nearly perfect ... I think they don't actually look at anything - just enjoying themselves. And that's exactly what Olbar and Graysha plan to do next - in a more physical way. ^^ The backround is ... chocolate! I used it because Graysha looks like made of chocolate in this scene.
You are right with the "elf in a bell", Wolfie. She is not named in the comics ... but Startear fan-named her "Nightdancer" and that's the name I go with now. Rellah is indeed blonde - and she will have her own entry later.
And there are indeed mushrooms with a metallic looking cap ...

1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Golden11 ... even golden ones!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 5:13 pm

O,O I like how the silver one looks more weathered and has the older image in it. The colours fit really well! The gold one is especially eye catching!

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Ahh! Old Stonethrower. The bauble's starkness fits very will with him and the scenery. O,O
8D Rahnee and Zarhan!
The flame really adds some intensity to Zarhan.
I always felt that specific version of that cover made Rahnee looked immensely alien.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 3:07 am

New oldies but goodies. Love them.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 am

Huh? I thought that was Rellah. Just recently read that story, and I was certain that was Rellah...

Aaah, Stonethrower... Suppose that's why I thought he looked slightly familiar, also recently read that story.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 8:34 am

Nightdancer? I like that name! It really seems to fit her!

I love the Campground baubles!!

Stonethrower! I like this bauble! I wonder what's happening in that scene..

Rahnee and Zarhan! I really LOVE the shiny/warm light coming out of the baubles!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   1 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next