Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Oh Vol and Winnowill, what a pair.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Advent Calendar 2016 - Dark Past ... 4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016_010 She is the link!

Welcome back, Startear! bounce *tacklehugs* It's wonderful to see you again. Thank you for your dear comments. I'm glad you like what I offer. More later ...

*yawns* ^O^ Sleeping phase. NOW.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 am

A specific wolf?

Hungry Wolf

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Hehehe. I always thought Moonfinder was special. Fitting bauble you got him.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Moonfinder!! I like this image you used. I love the bauble shape and color. It's really nice to see an bauble of a wolf!!

Winnowill and Voll! Winnie Evil I love how you made Volls bauble larger and I LOVE how Winnowills bauble is smaller. She's behind him, planning something ....

Really nice baubles as always! Keep it up!

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Aw. Eldolil looks wonderful in his little bauble ship. =D

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Voll and Winnowill can make it up among themselves who's chief and who's mate. ^^ I think it's a pity their relationship was disfunctional most of the time, G0lden.

A specific wolf Hungry Wolf indeed, Redhead. Moonfinder is Greywolf's bondbeast.

There were some pretty panels with Moonfinder - this one turned out especially nice and elfquesty. Of course there must be a wolf in the calendar, Wolfie - they are true characters in the early days.
Winnowill - the power behind the throne. It actually worked better then - she messed up when she was officially in charge herself.

Simply imagine that Moonfinder has retrieved his star bauble and put it in front of my feet, Shadowpath. ^^ Now that you've mentioned it I can see the bauble ship myself ... *loves the imagination* Even looks like he's waving goodbye out of the window.

Edit :
I wanted to comment on your comments, Startear ... too late and too tired that day and today again. Please know that your thoughtful comments are always precious for me. Very Happy Thank you for permission to use your art for a baublehead ... gosh, your Cone can be stubburn! Rolling Eyes

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016_s21 She insisted on the most unexpected one!  4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016_s16

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016_g11

... and then there was more! Very Happy I hope you'll like her decisions. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 am

Now Bearclaw and Joyleaf were the pair that truly shared being chief. Of course then you look at what they created with Cutter. To bad they were lost before recognition could strike them again.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 8:42 am

Love the Eldolil bauble.

No room for old-looking people in your calender?

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 am

Such and beautiful bauble of Eldolil!! I love the image you used. I love that there is some kind of wrap stuff around the image, if you know what I mean.

Joyleaf and Bearclaw!! Joyleaf Bearclaw
I love the colors of their baubles. Joyleafs bauble seems a bit smaller. Is there a reason for the two other balls to be there? It's makes the coupke far away from each other. I wonder what the meaning behind it could be. Maybe because their relationship itself?

Very nice baubles and more to come!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Ohhh. Again I'm starting to wonder who those two would have been like as an actual couple. The pink colour is really intense when paired with the white-grey of the Two-Spear comics.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 pm

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016-020
Lost, but winning!

As Clearbrook told "she was our chieftess too" - a very needed balance. Obviously this couple is special for you too, G0lden - I should have guessed! *imagines a fanfic with living Bearclaw and Joyleaf, Cutter ... and a reckless little sister. ^^

Glad to see you like Eldolil's little "bauble pod", Redhead! Very Happy
Quote :
No room for old-looking people in your calender?
Last time I've looked there were several very face-furred Elves looking out of their windows - and more to come! Not looking old enough for you?
In fact there IS a beautiful bauble with wrinkly sad old Eldolil ... I decided against him because I wanted a truely High One looking elf in the calendar. And - because my eager secret helper jocolor asked for his youthful and cheerful appearance.
I'll take your question as a request Ember - the old guy will find his place. Not exactly where you might expect him ...

High One Eldolil gets a lot of love lately I love you - he deserves it. It's a special old little bauble he finally moved in - his "window" is a star.
About the additional spheres you better ask Bearclaw and Joyleaf themselves, Wolfie! ^^ All I remember back from 2010 is that they insisted on this one and nothing else. I wondered about it myself. Of course ... now we could fancy that the small sparkling sphere symbolizes Cutter and the big one in the background Timmain. Wink
More will come every day ... well - almost every day. I will take a break around Christmas.

Skyfire and Icetooth staying together ... an interesting question to explore in fanfic. The pinkish bauble was a puzzling choice at first - one I've questioned quite a bit. I agree that the contrasts were a pleasant surprise, Shadowpath. And there I had a couple ... lovers, lifemates seperateded by circumstances. Too tempting to use the heart symbol in a rather unexpected case.

... and the bauble with Icetooth alone turned out kinda boring ^^

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Embala wrote:
4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 2016-07_LostButWinning
Lost, but winning!

Hahaha! Nice work with that scene! Not  a colour I'd ever expect to see used for that scene but it works really well.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 1:16 am

Love the new additions. Especially the black silhouetted baubles. Too cool.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 5:32 am

Why hello Icetooth.

Love the re-upload one. Timmain and her two early lovers. Of course Adya never got to be a chief's/leader's mate because, well... and from the wolves' perspective it was Timmain who was the chief's/alpha's mate.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm

I hadn't seen those baubles for Startear! All tree of them look very nice!

Lost, but winning! ... I really love those baubles, specially the ones with the silhouettes. I love how the baubles/images seem to run in circles.

There we have Icetooth! I expected him to show in here!
I love the maroon color and shape of the bauble! It almost looks like a heart! I like the image you chose! I love that Skyfire is in there too!

Aerth, Timain and the wolf she mated with! Nice pair! I love the colors of the baubles. It's nice to see Aerth in here. I love the fact that the wolf is there as well!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:28 pm

And for me the color seemed natural. Wink Thank you for the kind feedback, Shadowpath! I love how the net with the bauble beads can symbolize the tribe - those who left and those who stayed back.

With "black silhouetted baubles" you mean the big scene, G0lden? Very Happy I'm very content how it turned out myself.

Icetooth indeed ... he has chosen the wrong chief in a way. But probably the right life for himself.
I see it this way, Redhead - Timmain was the leader of the Firstcomers because they have chosen her. And the only ones she ever considered "mates" were Adya (as a Conehead) and the alpha wolf (as a wolf).

*chuckles* You couldn't see them, Wolfie, because I've added the gifts for Startear later. Startear's drawings are very intense and spark creativity.
When I've gathered this unusual antique bauble net I knew that some day it would serve me well. It was truely perfect for the tribe split scene ... enhancing the dynamics and adding a new dimension. I see you join in with the Icetooth lovers, Wolfie. I love you Of course he had to show up  ... and I like him, too. His ornament is a heart - an ancient shape. It fits the lovemates and is a strong contrast considering that they are about to split soon.
In a way the wolf was the most important mate in the whole story - he earned his place well. *shh ... The elf is Adya* The baubles were a lucky find - perfect colors to represent silvery Timmain, golden Adya and reddish brown for the wolf.

Sending  Sending 2  Dark Send  Dark Send  Dark Send  Sending 2  Sending

After several festive calendars I wanted to point out the dark side of EQ as well ... but without spoiling the Christmas mood. The German "Rauhnacht" (12 Nights of Christmas), an ancient tradition in the Alpes (google "Perchten") came in mind. There is belief that in those nights good and bad spirits visit the Humans, watching whether they live true to the rules. Here I had my bad guys, a time for them and a reason! And it works well for several years now.

When you find your favorite character among the villians, rogues and monsters it does not mean that I condemn them. They may be ambivalent for me ... or act as an enemy at a certain time ... simply look like a monster in Human eyes ... or represent lingering dangers.

The 12 Nights are ahead ... you might have noticed that there are 14 brown windows. I include the Night of Thomas and Christmas Eve, therefore the first door will open tonight. And from Christmas Eve til Three Kings there will be one more ornament per day - two in the morning and one in the evening (talking of Central European Time CET = UTC+1).

Be ready to find some "not so nice" characters there - and maybe a cruel sight.

Sending  Kimo  Sending 2  Madcoil  Dark Send  Winnowill  Sending 2  Timmain  Sending

... goes to drop the Night of Thomas motive ...

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 pm

Okay, so back to it then, sorry about that. My emotions kind of shut down, and then I had to pack my bags. I love that fire itself has a place! Makes sense, as they stopped using it at a point, I just never thought of it! Genius! Absolutely genius!

Dreamsnake! I love the gradient, it looks like she is radiating hapiness and warmth. The spear itself is piercing the bauble, I like it.

Ah, young Maggoty! She looks so innocent here, I love the brown bell in the back.

Alekah and her son. It took me a little time to see them, the angle, while very cool, is hard to see.

I don't remember this one's name. I remember them, they look like Rockarm, and fierce expression. I love how the snake coils around the bauble, it looks so ominous. You think he was Dreamsnake's mate? The one who died?

Rivermist! I always wondered what the colorist was thinking, they didn't have purple in the books. But it sure is striking with her white hair, and how her hair fades into the silver bell.

Oh look, both Prey-Pacer and Two-Spear together!

Greymung also swings his weapons outside the bauble I see! =D That bauble, is it a bell? It almost looks like a nut.

Tekshu might be my favorite out of the bunch. I love the warmth the bauble gives, it looks like one of those old fashioned Christmas story illustrations! You know, those made on the yellowed paper? I just love it!

Rellah looks good in pink! I love how much negative space there is in this bauble. Did she request it? =D

Ralig, the gentle pumpkin grower! He does quite the opposite, content with what he has I see. I think the oddness described here is more of how his head really sticks out, which is partly the artist's fault, they tended to draw them with very big heads.

Two-Spear escaped his bauble I see! It fits with the story, at the end he threw the so high that some of the assembled elves thought he could pierce the night sky itself. It could also be interpreted as allegory, he went his own way.

Rootless Ones! Or one of them at least. This one has the same feel as the one of Tekshu, as if it's made on yellowed paper, describing the long journey, and the true spirit of Christmas.

Suretail and Fangslayer, haha! I love how the baubles are angled, just like their views don't align, haha!

I love how Moonfinder has a snowflake/star bauble. You are right, the wolves are characters! He always had a special look.

I quite like Eldolil in his old form. That was his legacy after all.

Ice-Tooth and Skyfire! I love the pink and the slight heart shape, they were lovemates after all.

Phew, that was everyone in this years calendar for now, I'm caught up!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:31 pm

And now Scouter Cone! My girl! I love the little pinecones at the bottom of both of them! Yeah I'm not surprised you had trouble with her, she can be a real though cookie at times. Also she is rather fond of orange, haha! I am really charmed by the last one, of there is this fade effect in it, as if that old part of her has faded by her grief and pain. But she is still there, if a little faded. I love it so much, thank you thank you!

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Just saw the new bauble in the The 12 Nights 2016 - Villians, Rogues and Monsters

I love that the baubles are laying down together with the images. You weren't kidding with that there will be some crual sight. I'm curious about who we will be seeing next!

Embala wrote:
*shh ... The elf is Adya*

... goes to drop the Night of Thomas motive ...

Why am I always Confuse those names with eachother?! I knew it was Adya XD Thanks for telling me.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 8:03 pm

AW! That's such a nice bauble for Watersheen! =D The blue-green is so pretty!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 am

Love the new additions. Especially Cutter, Leetah, and Skywise.. One very interesting triad. Lifemates and life long friend or lovemate.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:53 am

Now who is that? He for sure looks like Scouter, but that of course is impossible since this story takes place during Mantricker's time.
A younger two-eyed One-Eye, who - of course - would still be called Woodhue at that time?

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:25 am

Oh, Watersheen! She caught my eye in the black and white version! She is very pretty, I love her smile. And you gave her a sparkly little bauble, amazing!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 am

No worries less excusions for demanding real life distractions, Startear! I love to have you here and enjoy the calendar the way you do. This theme was meant for you as much as it was for Vojira. In fact some of your praise and appreciation will go to her - Shadowpath had a huge role in choosing the motives and a say in deciding on the bauble home at times.

I'll do my best to react to each of your detailed comments and answer questions, Startear - the most clear and easy way.

Threetoe/Timmorn - I wasn't sure about this motive and design for a long time. It seemed so ... alien. You confirm once more that it actually works. Smile
random Glider - It didn't occur to me that it could be Tyldak. I see Brace ... in case I wish to draw a parallel to known characters.
Nightdancer - She caught my eye the first time I've read the comic. Is it her possibly true name (from the novels) or did you fan-name her? I wanted to try something special with her - glad the reflection worked out so well.

Rockarm - I thought his name was Stonetrower? The scene was very dynamc - he needed an "un-distracting" bauble that mirrors his cold environment.
Zarhan - *chuckles* He refuses to be banned in a bauble since my calendars exist. And he's always connected or attached to fire. He's Zarhan Fastfire!
Alekah/sunsymbol - I was going for the sun symbol and Alekah stayed there for livelyness. Actually I flatter myself that the scene wins of life and dimension in this bauble.
Rahnee - I had NO say in this bauble. The She-Wolf was all like "This one. There." About the silvery hair ... I love it when the ornament becomes a part of the drawing - and it works.

Voll/Winnowill - this barren picture caught my eye at first view ... and was sticking. Suddenly it occurs to me that it perfectly mirrors their relationship - tied together, distant and barren.
the fire - I wanted to include symbols, tools, ordinary things. It never occured to me before this calendar making that the early Wolfriders used fire ... and at some point banned it. Ordinary and outstanding - it had to get a window.
Dreamsnake - I thought her name is Rainbow? (skimmed the prose novel to find this name for her) She is another one who caught my eye and attention. She loves rainbow-baubles ^^ and her spear shows that this lovely one is as fierce a Wolfrider as any other.

young Maggoty - a worthy delegate for the Troll folk! As both a true Troll and wise woman she prefers metal before shiny glass. This bronze bell was made for her.
Alekah's son - I was going for him. A nameless extra with only one panel in a sad moment ... he called for a special ornament. This one had the right colors and the worn look to fit time, place and mood. The angle is due to the available space. I only learned later that this is an antique Christmas light that mimics a Japanese paper latern ... so his world is literally turned upside down.
the snake fighter - a nameless male, one who caught my attention. Puckernuts - I love him! The bauble is slightly off for the calendar - too modern - but oh so perfect for him and his situation! I don't think he's Dreamsnake's mate. I see her fighting in the same scene next to a fallen male elf - more likely her mate. I hope my Snakefighter made it. ^^
Rivermist - this ornament was for her. Cold and shiny and silvery ... she truely blends with her cold environment.

Preypacer/Spear - a heartwarming joyful moment for a change. There's still a certain roughness and cold transported by the art and baubles ... Vojira was right, it looks like they are half buried in snow. (though there is no snow at all envoved in neither motive nor ornament)
Greymung - as a young rebellious mump! It's actually a metal bell for him. Usually you can find small versions of those round ones on costumes or jingling bracelets. I cannot help it - I see Greymung hit his bell the next moment! XD
Tekshu - for some weird reason I wanted to use the scene where he dies but without putting it right into the face of the viewer. It was another bauble that mimiced the color scheme and mood of the comic panel ... and complemented Tekshu's "alternate bauble world". When it evokes sweet memories of old fashioned Christmas illustrations - all the better! Can you show me what you mean?

Rellah - she definitely longed for that bauble. The colors and small details, the shape even the angle of the golden cut-out fits her.
Ralig - I wanted something special for him. Nothing that would scream "outstanding" at me. Not his ways. Smile Old, unusual shape, fading colors - this one was for him.
the spear tops - yes, this ornament was not meant to feature Two-Spear. I was going for tools and symbols again. But with the shape of that bauble, the layout of the photo ... could I cut off the figure? Could I cut off THIS chief without risking my head anyway? XD Interesting snippet about "piercing the night sky" - I wasn't aware of this.
Yurek - another character who regulary gives me a hard time when it comes to being baubled. He finally agreed to enter this calendar portrayed as a Rootless One in this ornament. I love your imagination of him as the spirit of Christmas.

Suretrail/Fangslayer - hehehe ... I see I've presented those competitors well! And of course Fangslayer demanded even more space ... but BOTH are breaking the wall. Wink
Moonfinder - once I've noticed him conciously he's my favorite now among the old bunch. A wolf with attitude - he refused each of the cozy bauble homes within shady forest firs - and claimed a star.
Eldolil - Vojira kindly asked for Eldolil's healthy cheerful High One appearance. And finally decided on this silvery ornamented bauble ship. I'm very happy with it. Very Happy

Icetooth/Skyfire - there's nothing to add to this one. I love you
Watersheen - Another one who caught my eye among the nameless extras. Vojira and me have chosen that name to address her easily ... possibly her true one given that she longed for this sparkly green forest jewel.

Your girl Cone. Very Happy I'm very happy that her baublified versions are welcomed so dearly, Startear. And thankful for the permission to play with your artwork - it was a fun challenge.

A tough cookie for sure ... and with some magic of her own, it seems. If there are little pinecones at the bottom of her ornaments - then she has added them! And I finally got to know what was the trouble about the frames. Wink No matter how often I gave her green (my preference) I had to switch back to orange. XD
She even refused a normal baublehead ... this "ornament" is an old mistletoe-like artificial berry. Not to mention that this angry shouting portrait was my last choice for a peaceful Christmas ornament. Wink

I really wanted to do something with that soft colored tender drawing, tho. Again she had a major say in it - this old worn out golden ornament was the one she moved in happily. Her picture, that faded "old part" of her blends in, hides and may look worn out ... but it will never disappear.

Just in case you have not noticed so far - there are many more baublified scenes dropped in the comments. But I bet you know!
And don't forget to scroll down to the brown calendar windows - the 12 Nights have started to show up.

I wish you happy holidays with family and friends, Startear. The calendar will go into hibernation for two or three days - after a rich blooming tonight. Smile

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: