Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:16 am

uuuuii! What a Face Very Happy , great work! And you gave her a background, thanks a lot! Her bioluminescent spots are gleaming brightly, they are awesome! Pink pearls in the hair, grin, thats ok, why not. Great shade and lightening effects!(I can`t do that that good)
May I write some correction suggestions? Her right eye is like Rayeks eyes, more ember less red. You changed the colours on the tail: the fin tip is black and the beginning of the fin is dark blue. She has an ultramarine dark blue tail, you made it more bright. I used my darkest blue copic marker , but maybe it wasn`t dark enough.

But seeing my pic that coloured is awesome! Looks like a comic panel!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

Ah were the pearls meant to be pink? I made them red cause the lines seemed to be red...do you want me to change that?

I'm pleased you like the shading...i never like my shading, i feel like i always do it wrong >.<

And of course coloring siggestions, please!!! I want to be correct!

So the red eye is not red...??? O.o it's dark amber like Rayek's? It looked red to me...but easily fixed.

Ahh i see. Fixing the tail...will do. As i said, i used your avatar picture as reference for the colors but digital and traditional are very different..traditional can sometimes only do so much.

Does the color on this page look about right for the tail blue?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarine

I don't know if you know anything about hex codes but they help me get the perfect color and shade. So if you can look up the right colors you want used and give me hex codes, there will be no more mistakes from me.^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes, that ultramarine is it!
Nope, I didn`t know hex codes. Now I know.
I thought that the pearls were pink, lol, I havn`t recognized it as red. They are totally ok.
Your shading is ok, and as I am not fit in computer -colouring you will do all the colouring far far much better than I can.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Okay i will change that tail when i get home! A quick easy change. Hopefully the eyes are correct now.

But for right now i am in a cat cafe surrounded by wonderful friendly kitties.<3
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 pm

my oldest pic of Yeee.

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Mermay16
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

How cool! Rather Winnowill looking originally. What made you decide to change her skin color?

EDIT: also changed Yeee's colors! check the picture on the previous page. are these colors better now?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:03 am

Yeees! Thats Yeee! Thank you so much for colouring the pic! Very Happy

my first picture of her was drawn by gel pens,they smear fast, so I didn`t gave the pic any colour. Only the outlines show, what colour there is. Yeees skin has brown outlines , so she had brown skin. But also blue lips (I love blue lipsticks, grin) , and her fluffy hair and her nose are like mine, something of me must be in Yeee. Wink

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 am

Yay i'm so happy! I'll add her color palette to my collection!^^ thank you for letting me color!

Hmm interesting! Haha i'm pretty sure we all add something of ourselves to our characters, whether it's personality or appearance.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:11 pm

You`re welcome!  Very Happy  And here is something more for you to colour, you waited for it, now have fun with it  Wink   And you may paint it as you like it that style with the eyes beeing coloured (you know, orange pupil and sun-yellow iris) like in that Yeee-pic you coloured! That style looks awesome!

The paper is a katastrophe! It drains my fineliners and fat black pens. Next time I must use paper that is more thin
Of course we all add as much, as we like of ourselves to our OCs.  Razz  Wink

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Haken_10
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:48 pm

I had posted the wrong avatar-pic. This one is better, the yellow eye was wrong. Now it`s fixed! Smile

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Yeeebz10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm

hmmm...to me it looks like it could be yellow or could be orange. but then different mediums translate different!

and oh yay! i just finished coloring one of Prayer's pictures, and i've been waiting (a little impatiently) for the comic lines to be finished! i'll overlay it with what i've got now and save myself a bit of progress...or just keep the lines you did and add in the speech bubbles.

....nah i'm a masochist, i'll continue inking it so the digital translates through XD. yay!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 1:44 pm

do it as you like, you masochist. Laughing
Just colour the lips always a slight bit darker, than the skin tone. At males faces, I would mostly do that at the bottom lip, just in panel 2 on the page with that near face view, give that darker skin tone on the upper lip too (because it is visible).

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 1:54 pm

noted boss! hehehehe.^^ i'll have to start over again since my lines don't match with the new ones...but that's okay, working with black line goes quicker than trying to work with multiple colors! *cracks fingers*
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm

o-oh, I speak to much in a commanding tone like Rayek! Sorry! so, it's : Please!
So sad, that your old lines won`t work anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

XD i was teasing and joking. i never mind if someone tells me they want something specific colored a certain way...usually i do leave the mens lips alone in my coloring, so if you wanted that it's good you told me.^^

and it's alright. the dimensions are different. nearly caught up to the spot where i left off! and i think i did better on the lines this time anyway.^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Today I let Rayek swim as Mer through the forum  lol!   (another "mermay"-contribution to DA). To see the picture large, click on it.

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Mermay18
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm

I love this version of Rayek! He looks so usually dreamy but awesome! The colours of the tail suit him. Well done, Yee!  I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Very cool indeed! Seems he finally found a measure of peace in the ocean^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 4:33 pm

thank you both! Very Happy  
But honestly: the colours of the tail are miserable, I just used the rest of my daughters watercolours, so that I don`t need to throw them away  Razz  . And afterwards I drew Rayeks upper body to complete the mer. The background looks stupid like a kids pic.

@Vaeri: Yes he should find at last a little bit of peace in the sea, like I find it always in it, while I`m swimming and diving. At last I hope, that poor Rayek will find a little bit of peace, as much as he is possible to find.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 12:26 am

i think the colors and watercolor looks fantastic! seriously, anything i try to do watercolor looks like a fricken...i don't even know, animals can watercolor better than i can! XD i feel like these colors are a more muted version of his typical yellow/red/black.

what other kind of mediums do you work with?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 am

normally only pencils, fineliners and copic markers. Once I tried pastel chalk and watercolors.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 am

hmmm....Prayer does a lot of her lovely colorings with pastels.^^ dunno if it's chalk or not...so cool you guys can do that! i just don't quite have the knack with traditional mediums...*looks sadly at my very large professional box of coloring pencils and ink pens*

but anyway! i finally finished the comic page!!*falls over* thank goodness for your shading guides, or i wouldn't have been very happy with it...but i think it looks great! tried to follow true the old comic page colors....gods what were they thinking with that teal-green for his spike things?!! XD i did darken up his yellow a bit though...a more goldy color seemed much more suited to him.

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Haken_12

Last edited by Vaeri on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 4:24 pm

oh WOW! This is so gorgeous! Very Happy cheers  Yay! Great! I absolutely love Hakens skintone, it`s very High Oneish! And his Eyes!!!  affraid   Hammy   I love you  I love you  I love you  ! The colours of the palace are so cult! I could never get it that coloured.  The blood of his wound on the bandage. It all looks now so very  EQ .
sorry that it took time, until I saw the pic.
There are just some little errors in it, I beg you to put them right.
Here I have the page again with marks on it.
First panel, next to Hakens right ear , you made the hair skin tone. His hip shows (is naked), you draw it red (clothed). (same on the two last panels)
panel 3: The upper line on the cheekbone was wrongly drawed by me, better remove it.

last panel: His eyebrow looks white , the line on the chin I placed wrong, can you simply remove it (from chin-tip until there, where the throat begins)?

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Korrek10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 pm

i had wondered about the fold of fabric around the hip but i had thought perhaps it was just fabric folds...oops!^^0 well you have your high one booty now Yeee! :p fixed the eyebrow as well, and touched up a little on the shading to clean it up in some places it was a bit sloppy.^^ just replaced the previous picture.

but i am happy you like it! told you i had some tricks ^_- just took a pastel gradient and swirled it a bit with a tool. the effect turned out nicely i think!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:17 am

this is it! Great work. Just at the right ear, I think you think the outer line left is a part of the ear. It is too much, the ear is more narrow.To the right, there is another line, that marks the end of the ear.

I love the pic, it`s so great, can`t see enough of it. If you like, and it is not too much for you , we can make more of those pics. Very Happy I can simply leave the hair white , that would be more easy for me to draw.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: