Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 12:12 pm

thanx guys! Very Happy
It is not so much to read but if you want to find the sources of the details, you have to look in various discussion -threads of this forum. Some are in my sketchbook here, some in the Elfquest Dolling 2 thread, some in the Grab bags, some in the Easter egg thread.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 1:48 am

Sorry, I was rushed throwing my phone on the charger before it died and having to get back out to dinner, I knew it would be a while to get back to read anything of what you had posted and take in the image in earnest...

I wish I had one percent of your ability to compose an image, much less actually draw a shapely line. I like that you updated your avatar with that particular drawing, it is very eye catching, and I remember looking at it several times (now I get to see it all the time! Smile

Your 'Annual' drawing you made is layers within layers of detail and action. Growing up, I loved seeing the 'What If?' Marvel comic covers, DC's version of chaos imagery, Adventures of Baron Munchhausen, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and a whole slew of others, not to mention the written variant of such things (hitchhiker's guide, Stainless Steel Rat, Adventures of Bill the Galactic Hero and others)... and that's how my brain is wired, craving deep, dense interconnected imagery... Your drawings have a way of telling a lot of story in a single, pointed image, which is a rare gift to begin with, but then you can turn around and stretch that into a mural of interconnected tales (of tales) within a flowing tapestry of elements... I'm finding I missed out on quite a bit while I was gone, but I'm glad I'm back and seeing these drawings as they are being posted. Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:34 pm

" Thank you for sharing your gift with us!"

Oh my, thank you so much for your praise! Very Happy
Yes, this monster picture took a lot of effort and then the Annual tax declaration came in between. So, unfortunately, I wasn't finished in time and then my energy was gone. No
I am happy that I have finally managed it to get it finished. And such admiring words are of course caresses for my soul and motivate me again. Very Happy

"I like that you updated your avatar with that particular drawing, it is very eye catching, and I remember looking at it several times (now I get to see it all the time"
Jeselle will not sit in the avatar picture for a very long time. It will be changed at some point.

"I'm finding I missed out on quite a bit while I was gone, but I'm glad I'm back and seeing these drawings as they are being posted."
I am 1 and a half year here, so you have not missed much. All my pictures should be collected here in this thread. I have written no storys, just little sentences under my Hero Forge pictures in the "Elfquest Dolling 2" thread and in the "Creating a snake elf tribe" thread. No big deal.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:54 pm

Continued from the "Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream"- thread ...
the dream was:
...I am an elf myself and I am called down by other elves who are on the ground floor in my house. I'm on the upper floor, the house is pleasantly cool, bright and friendly, and made of cream-white stone. It's just really sparse because it's pretty empty and tidy (not my style at all!)
I remember why: It's actually Rayek's house and I share it with him. Shocked Very Happy
I look down through a square hole in the floor into the ground floor at the other elves who are looking up at me. Glaring light falls from the entrance behind the elves into the room. That must be Sorrows End with all the desert light that is outside. I shout "I'll be right there!" But there are neither stairs nor a ladder. In the dream I know that this is normal and that I should climb down and up ..."
Woke up ... and immediately went on spinning while half asleep, because it felt so awesome ... then I was busy adjusting the dream-me to one of my OCs.
The best fit was my somewhat sad desert elf from the 2019 picture, now she has even more background and a name ... and 2 new pictures.

Aneesha is the one who was me in the dream:  
One below says: "Why doesn't Ekuar finally form a staircase in here, we can never sit down for a meeting at your home. "
Other one says: "That's exactly what Rayek doesn't want, he just wants to be left alone. "
Aneesha:" Well, you know, I'm supposed to keep training climbing. Also, asshole (she means Rayek) wants me to finally move out. "
Elf: "Why is he so nasty and want to knock you out? "
Another elf: "One day you'll break your bones! "
Aneesha, "Yes, this eternal climb for every little bit is so annoying, and transport something up here! It's really fun! "rolls her eyes in annoyance.
" ... collect this here please ... wait a minute, I need this ... and that ... and oh yes, this too ... " she throws down her backpack, food, a drinking bag and climbing gear.
"be careful! " ...and a dagger which lands in a bread...One of them jumps aside, startled: "Watch out! Do you want to stab me?"  At the end, a giant red pillow flies down, directly under the pitfall.
Aneesha: "When I just think about getting back up here, sigh! That's why I first have to think carefully in the morning what I need for this day, just tell me exactly what you're up to, I have to plan and just can't forget anything upstairs! I really don`t want to have to climb up here until dusk"
Other elf: "You and your father, you are really weird. Then move into the village if he doesn't want you here anyway. Then you can definitely live in one of the huts."
Aneesha: "Giving up? Never!!" now she has to slide halfway down the wall through the hole in the floor / ceiling and fall with a "WHOAH! I hate that!" to get to the other elves.
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Aneesh10
Today there wasn't enough time for more than sketches. Aneesha now has leather straps on her hands, knees, feet and head, because they are certainly very useful for free climbing and mountaineering (she has about what you need for it, a can of talc powder, climbing hooks and who knows what else) . She has several outfits, the old one from 2019, too, that was Sun Village clothing.  Her eyes change now from yellow to yellowish -green (must be something new now) like the green eyes that are availlable at Hero Forge (Areias eyes) and her skin is deepest dark brown, it is nearly black (umber).
And of course the vulture from the 2019 pic must be here plus Aneeshas white Zwoot. (must study zwoot look , had no good reference  zwoot pictures)
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Aneesh11

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm

I wonder what he Rayek is doing in the water, again. But maybe as a child of the desert he can't get enough of that new oceanic sensation and loves to be thrown in once in a while...
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:28 pm

Yes, the poor dear! But Yeee - elf  swims to the rescue and with her club spiked tails she  rams Aneret harpy into the water. Aneret  rescues herself into the watered down carton of the kitty elf, which  sinks because of the XXL-harpys weight. Afterwards Kitty-kid and Harpy are both sitting soaking wet and shivering on the top of the fir tree, howling for a towel. Rayek conjures up a warm air bubble and dives back down to the party. He spends a great time down there.

Edit: Hey jaRf jetzt haste das Rayek bild schon gesehen, noch bevor ichs dir senden konnte, lach!

My May Grab bags entry from last year belongs in here too.
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Mermay19
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Mermay16
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Mermay17
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Mermay18

Edited to give the comic a cover sheet.

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 8:15 am

No picture now, but I found a hunchback whale  call that sounds very good like the underwater name "Yeee". That's how I imagined it.  It is the first sound, the second fits too.
The sonar call "Yeee" is also what corresponds to the "soul names" of the wolf riders and cannot be reproduced correctly in air. That's why Yeee doesn't need to worry about her name being misused by those who know it. Of the pure air breathers only Chad and Rayek know it correctly.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

Just be careful of a Winnie type baddie... She could send it, which "works" regardless of medium.

(Sorry, story-mind kicked in and looked for plot devices... Things like this are fun to play with)

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Yes, that is always the danger. But Yeee does not send this underwater sound to anyone, who should not know it. BTW how did Winnie get Dewshines soulname? "...my fragile Lree!" Nobody told it, right? Winnie must be able to sniff it inside the poor victims head. That can happen to every elf, or not? poor elves!

"(Sorry, story-mind kicked in and looked for plot devices... Things like this are fun to play with)"
go on playin`

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm

I havent got to that part of rereading yet but thats how I understood it: Winnie tore the soul names of those she wished to entrap and control. However, the recognition between she and Tyldak was natural as I understand it, and Winnie had her hooks in Tyldak. It would not have taken much persuasion for Einnie to extract Dewshine's soul name from Tyldak, and probably easier than extracting it via sheer will power. Still, since she was able to eavesdrop on any sending in Blue Mountain as well as in the aether (suntop) without it distracting from her day to day function (she could entrap in the aether without going into a trance herself), all she would really have to do is listen to recognized couples sending to each other and know what it was fairly easily without the victim knowing how or when she found out, Id imagine.

The fun thing with EQ is there are so many handles for a solid plot to cover and still have interesting and inventive ways to circumvent defenses, very rock-paper-scissors sort of situation.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:01 pm

It might have been much easier for Winnowill - Tyldak has spoken out loud Dewshine's soulname.

... and I soooo enjoy your comic, Yeee! rofl Prizeless!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 4:34 pm

Ah ok, then it is clear: Tyldak yer idiot!

yay! thanx, you knew it already, but it was planned from the beginning to be in colour to fit the washi tape.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 pm

just finished my dream picture
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Aneesh12

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Guild Wars 2 actually showed how pretty vegetable elves can look  (they don't have to be  ugly Fungusamus elves as they were in Final Quest ) and called them "Sylvari". When creating your character you can give him an appearance close to an Elfquest Elf.
Love that bioluminescence glow!
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar10
I made my character between Elfquest elf and Na`vi from Avatar. lol . So I thought, he can appear here as an Elfquest elf
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar11
and drawn... of course looks drawn more like Elfquest elf then Guild Wars elf. I am too much used to draw  Elfquest proportions....sigh
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Areias11
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar13

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 12:04 am

Your Sylvan awesome! Does he has a name?

I don't consider the "Rootless Ones" as tree-elves or any vegetable type of elf. Their facial look and kinda fluent body made me think of a mycotic lifeform (google Morchel, Erdstar und Tintling). 

And then WP called them fungusamungus once which led me to THIS ... that's my imagination of the Rootless Ones. A mycotic web in the ground, a hive mind ... and the humanoid appearance they can grow/reshape if there's reason to do so. 
One evening Storm and me had fun giving them names.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes, of course my plantelf guy has a name, but I am not so fast in name giving so I gave him a pre-used first name: Areias (no he is not related to my Son- of -Ariel -guy , but I love this name, it comes from the god Ares and fits for the  trained in martial arts  and red haired half mer-human half sea elf as much as for the protective Sylvari I play in the Internet game Guild Wars 2)
The second name:
Nightshade refers to the kind of plant species, he is / represents (or whatever).in DENGLISH, yes again, lol. The proper name would be "Solanum" .
hm, the best name would be Nightshade Solanum. But I don`t think, that I can change his name in the game.
If someone likes to meet my guy, I am in the region "Flussufer" (river bank) , it is an european game region (don`know how to describe it in another way) and of course, it had to be at the water Smile  He is an elementalist Sylvari with the main emphasis put on ---what else : water.
And you know: The Sylvari are bond in a mind-hive they call "the dream", lol. Nightshade can log in to the Fungusamus-mind hive or  to the Avatars Eywwa mind hive.  He is open to all new kinds of experiences.  Razz

I read your and Storms namegiving. This is cute, they have the names of mushrooms. Well my guy is no mushroom, but there is a Sylvari design, that has his plant-hair being a mushroom head.  I may try to show by making some screenshots...

I have to edit my picture, I forgot to draw the water-element stone on the forehead, will do it right now...

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Here are more pics of Nightshade: First the guy as a Fungusamus-elf:
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar14
He is so not a mushroom elf, GAH!
I found a possibility to make fine fotos of him, how he looks really:
at day
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar15
and at night, glowing with bright blue spots  like Yeee  Laughing
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar16
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar17
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Sylvar18

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 8:20 am

Oh ... *likes funny hat guy* ... could be a camouflage for Nightshade. ^^ Great photos of him!

just dropping a find: SBUEF after his visit at the hairdresser ^^ ... easterly makeover!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Oh myyyyy, such a cuuute SBUEF! This cutie will deliver this years underwater-eggz for sure! I love you (we are so in need of a sea bunnie emoji)

That mushroom hat is supposed to be his hair! AAAARGH! How ugly!

He had a hair makeover too, like the SBUEF and regained back his leaf-hair.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 7:19 pm

Like my male Rayhan I love you , even if the sheet was too small to give him his cool Go Back sword. (and the arms go out of the picture without any sense for the beholder LOL)...
so I gave him pen outlines.
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Rayhan29

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 2:28 pm

ahh i've been gone far too long...but things. loving all the drawings! like them better than the 3D, but glad to see you're having much fun with that so ignore me. lol.

i LOVE that comic page about Embala and Sharuk you drew!! still so pleased to see Yeee in her new top. i'd really like to color Rainthorn and Jesel. i have them saved for later if that's okay, Yeee, Tynami?

the christmas picture was wonderfully dynamic! so much details, it's wonderful. and yup, love preggy Embala with Sharuk...such happy looking couple <3

i agree with whomever said it first, i wish i have a fraction of your drawing talent!...i could really use it for my project which needs some pictures...>.>...ah well. we all have our talents. i'll be showcasing mine here ah...soon. ish. kinda. XD
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 3:36 pm

Hiiii Vaeri, I am happy that you are back here again. Thanx a lot!
Of course you can colour all pages of my internet-coloring book as you like, but you must show me the outcome Laughing

".i could really use it for my project which needs some pictures...>.>...ah well. we all have our talents. i'll be showcasing mine here ah...soon. ish. kinda. XD"
ah ok, sounds very interesting. Showcase it! Is it an Elfquest project?

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 6:54 pm

@Vaeri : this is for you, you asked for a picture with Vaeri-elf drawn in ancient egypt style. I nearly finished the pencils last year in August and it was meant to be  the 1. page of my  August Grab Bag entry, but somehow I didn`t finish it.
Since there is none of the Grab Bag themes in this first page, I put it in my sketchbook. Now you can look for Vaeri in this large format image, have fun.
6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Yeeeau10
This short comic is part of Yeee's story and takes place in the place where she grew up. In a dark, massive stone tower on the coast, right next to a coastal human town. It was once just a small fishermen's settlement when the tower was shaped.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:06 pm

squeeee, hieroglyphic Vaeri!! it's pretty..and the comic is interesting. for some reason i really like the "WHAM!" door slam frame.^^

it is indeed an elfquest project! it's a fan thing though..the only thing i can say is it involves Wingthing's creations, it's VEEERY freaking long(lol!) and it's way long overdue, i started it like...way back in late 2019. i have a lot of catching up to do, but i'm trying VERY hard to wait until i get a bit more done before i start posting it here.

of course afterwards if people read it and want to draw art to add in, that'd work fine by me..... XD
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 am

Heh, we all want to slam the door with a loud "WHAM" now and then. Thanx for the compliments, there is not everything really readable and not clearly visible. But I think that is ok, so there is not every detail revealed before finishing. I have a little problem with the "decoration" on the wall. That must be the course, why I stopped drawing on the picture last summer. There are 2 different types of wall-markings : the drawing and text with pen or that (maybe I use Wax crayons for that) and blood (I might use water colours for that) the comic stays in black and white like the rogues curse storys.

Wingthings creation? It is that alternaverse story right? Where Cutter turned into a female and has a relationship with Rayek, yes?

"of course afterwards if people read it and want to draw art to add in, that'd work fine by me..... XD"
Ah ok, so we have to read first and then see what we can do about it...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 20 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: