Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts

Go down 
+18
Tynami
Tymber
Prism
Lunakat
Yeee
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Embala
Nibblet
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Sorandril [BANNED]
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Trollbabe
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm

I got coronavirus.

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 20200610

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
I guess AZ is now becoming a hotspot and our gov is just shrugging and going "Learn to live with it, it's not going away."
:/ ... stay well, Koji! cathat

Rather cute for this nasrty guy ^^ ... now you can make friends and cuddle it. I love you Or - turture it with voodoo needles! Twisted Evil

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 11:32 pm

Stay safe Koji

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 9:51 am

I was wondering when somebody would market that. I thought it would make a nice piñata.. One filled with kid's masks.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 2:21 pm

I knew Giant Microbes would. The tag is stuffed with information like all their microbe pals are.

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm

I think that's... an odd thing to market. Making it a toy and "fun" kind of removes the seriousness of it.

Can you imagine if they made a Cancer one? Or an AIDS ones?

Shiest, maybe they have, as I've never heard of the company before...

But meh, that's me. I'm odd. Smile

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 3:42 pm

They do have all of those in variety.  They have a huge variety of diseases, parasites, organs,  etc.  

The company originally started making plush toys for use in pediatrician offices to help kids understand their illnesses in a non-scary way.  It's just adults kind of love them too. They're popular among people in the health care industry (a friend in CDC has more than I do. LOL).  I first found out about them when someone gifted me Black Plague, Ebola and a Dust Mite (keeping my house dusted is a full time job. LOL) like 15 years ago.  Virology and epidemiology is a hobby of mine.

They make great stress squishies.

I have e. Coli pinned up on my cubicle wall at work.  It generates conversations about viruses vs bacteria and keeping healthy.

The HIV plush wears the ribbon and I know people who got a ton of them wholesale to sell at fundraisers.  A few others have awareness ribbons on them, too.

They donated some of the proceeds of this little fellow to charity.  The info card has a ton of information about the virus, how to keep safe, and ends saying to win against things like "we must think clearly, learn, prepare, and respect the microbe world."

You can read the whole content of the hangtag here.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:

The company originally started making plush toys for use in pediatrician offices to help kids understand their illnesses in a non-scary way.

Actually, that makes so much sense.
See, this is why I love discussing things. I love learning and seeing things in a different light.
Thank you, Kojiyumi!

There's way too many times, I (hopefully not alone in this) focus with a narrow vision. Which sucks.
But another example, this was eons ago (I was like sixteen) - there was a company called Sierra Online (made King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Gabriel Knight, etc) - and they'd gone from a typing interface (where you'd type "use key to open door") to an icon/click interface (so there was a hand icon to pick things up, click in the inventory to select an item and then click on the screen to use it, kind of deal). I had written a letter to Sierra, saying how I was upset - and how this had made the game way too easy (like you could just click all over the screen until you picked up whatever was on the screen), and that the old way had actually taught me how to type rather quickly. They never wrote me back, no surprise - big company at the time.

Fast forward to the year of the 1990s... the internet becomes a big thing, forums spring up - and I launch my own site and have my own personal forum - and someone from Germany was talking about how they loved the click interface, because they enjoyed Sierra games, but English not being their primary language, and the way you'd need to phrase certain things for them to work, made playing the type interface games extremely difficult.

I had not, until that moment, considered what it was like for a non native English speaker to struggle with the games (which, even for 101% English speaking people was still difficult!). It was rather eye opening.

So I love being shown a different view and learning new ways to see things.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 10:50 pm

I think that's a great idea, too. Kids have an awful lot to deal with today.

Since February, my personal image of the Coronavirus has been a hovering red ball, about five feet in diameter, covered with projections as you see in the illustrations.

I stand between the virus and my husband.

I fight it with a long, thin sword. I sometimes manage to slash it while avoiding its blunt spikes, as I call them. It heals instantly, but it retreats a little each time I make a strike.

Sometimes I cut it neatly in half. It freezes a second, then sticks back together. I haven't destroyed it yet, but it has yet to touch me as I remain on guard.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Brave Trollbabe!
Keep the strength you have.
And have the luck you need.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Trollbabe wrote:

Since February, my personal image of the Coronavirus has been a hovering red ball, about five feet in diameter, covered with projections as you see in the illustrations. I stand between the virus and my husband.
I fight it with a long, thin sword.  I sometimes manage to slash it while avoiding its blunt spikes, as I call them.  It heals instantly, but it retreats a little each time I make a strike.
Sometimes I cut it neatly in half.  It freezes a second, then sticks back together.  I haven't destroyed it yet, but it has yet to touch me as I remain on guard.

Just know, as a powerful warrior, you do not stand alone.
Many, who may not be visible to you, stand by side to you, in the same fight.
And wizards spin their magic in hopes of finding that which will finally destroy this enemy.
#WeStandTogether #WeStandWithYou #WeStandUnited

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Customers have called us "Fantasy Island" and are in total disbelief that they don't have to wear masks (where as whatever state their from it's practically a law) Not even our stores require them to be worn.

Pretty much back to the norm of money, money, money comes first overall.

That didn't take long

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Giphy

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Santa_10WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Downlo23WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Av_cut10WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
Customers have called us "Fantasy Island" and are in total disbelief that they don't have to wear masks (where as whatever state their from it's practically a law) Not even our stores require them to be worn.

That didn't take long

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Giphy

Dr. Fauci said it best

And we did the same thing.... and are now a hotspot, so stay safe as you can.

arizona-adds-3-500-coronavirus-cases-sets-new-single-day-record

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 1:23 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
That didn't take long

Do you have an option, as an employee to wear one for your own safety?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 am

Be save and stay well, friends. *hugs*

I tend to become careless - virus seems "far away" here. Rarely a case of Covid-19 in my county and around for weeks. Masks feel like an annoyance and "social distancing" seems "interpretable".
I know the virus is not gone - two severe new clusters in two towns in other federate states have the headlines. I do my best to stay aware, be sensible and follow the rules. I know we are on the lucky side.
And hope the mask rule will be canceled somewhen soon. In upcoming summer heat it will be more restricting for me than our so-called lockdown in the beginning of the crises.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 7:48 pm

There are options in face coverings that are more comfortable in the heat than masks.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Our Governor has decided to masks mandatory in public if you are unable to socially distance. I have one in my purse, so I use it when I need too. Fortunately they are not required at work.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Tymber wrote:
Kindredsoul wrote:
That didn't take long

Do you have an option, as an employee to wear one for your own safety?

Yeah, it is  mandatory to wear at work and we have to limit occupancy to a space depending on square footage. Sometimes pointless tho.

The other day, I completely closed the glass doors to the shop (which had 4 signs, and one stating only so many people at a time) because I already had max amount of people and I had to run to the back to get change. Not 1 minute later when I came out, people opened the door and 4 more barged in.
They played completely clueless to the BIG SIGN WRITTEN IN RED and the fact that the door was completely closed Rolling Eyes

I'm at the point I just throw up my hands and quit counting Suspect  Laughing

Not gonna lie, I can't wait for my promotion. Then I'll have my own office and I won't have to deal with this stuff anymore >__>

WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Santa_10WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Downlo23WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Av_cut10WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Good luck, Kin! *crossing fingers and toes*

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:

The other day, I completely closed the glass doors to the shop (which had 4 signs, and one stating only so many people at a time) because I already had max amount of people and I had to run to the back to get change. Not 1 minute later when I came out, people opened the door and 4 more barged in.
They played completely clueless to the BIG SIGN WRITTEN IN RED and the fact that the door was completely closed Rolling Eyes
I'm at the point I just throw up my hands and quit counting Suspect  Laughing
Not gonna lie, I can't wait for my promotion. Then I'll have my own office and I won't have to deal with this stuff anymore >__>

Wish we worked together. I would have gladly approached them and said, "Listen, I get some people are color blind to the color red, and I don't know if that's your situation - but we have a sign on the door stating we're currently at our limit. Due to legal reasons, I am going to ask you kindly to step outside and wait and we will let you in when the space permits."

cyclops

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:15 pm

We get the same kind of idiots. I am tired of people not wearing masks, people wearing masks under their chin, people wearing masks over their mouths but not their noses, children without masks, etc. And don't tell them which way to exit. They live in their own little worlds.

This week I got a good review, a pittance of a raise, and a chance to train in another area of the store with two managers.

I told the one giving me the review, I would agree to the training only if they both wore masks. "This is not up for debate," I said.

At this point the manager giving me the review turned around and put his mask on. Very Happy

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Work is setting up for the hiring season. 1500 is our goal. This should be fun. Though we will at least only get mask-wearers since it's required by my job long before the city mandated it.

Meanwhile, a friend in a city who decided to not mandate is getting pushback for wearing a mask. They've got people jumping on them for wearing facemasks and telling them to stay home if they're scared.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:

Meanwhile, a friend in a city who decided to not mandate is getting pushback for wearing a mask.  They've got people jumping on them for wearing facemasks and telling them to stay home if they're scared.

Have them share this... since this just happened.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/north-texas-family-shaken-after-18-relatives-test-positive-for-covid-19-following-surprise-birthday-party/287-ea8960ea-4c3c-40c1-b75e-f4437fe6f836

Published: 10:11 PM CDT June 24, 2020

Among those infected are two young children, two grandparents, a cancer patient and Barbosa's parents, who are in their 80s.
Frank is in the ICU and is on life support. Barbosa told WFAA that he is inches away from being put on a ventilator.
"My dad's hanging on by a thread," Barbosa said. "They're saying this is one of the last straws for my dad."

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
They've got people jumping on them for wearing facemasks and telling them to stay home if they're scared.
Stupids! No

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:43 am

Possibly myself and moreso several others who are at MUCH higher risk than myself may have just been exposed due to someone refusing to mask among other issues.

Far less worried about me than about the others who have less of a chance of walking away from this thing if they go positive.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   WeStandUnited - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next