Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prayers and good thoughts, please.

Go down 
+22
G0lden
Multi-Facets
Redhead Ember
Embala
Trollbabe
Shadowpath
Elwing
PCoquelin
Startear
Leanan
Kojiyumi
Zadzi
Tymber
faeriegirl
Stormcatcher
manga
Kindredsoul
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Outlier
wingthing
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

Prayers and good thoughts, please. Empty
PostSubject: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:08 pm

So it's been a lot of fun over here with chest pains. I had a stress test today which triggered another episode so they've scheduled me for more testing tomorrow.

So, um, prayers and good thoughts, please. And if I suddenly drop off the face of the Earth, well you guys have been awesome, even if some of you are completely wrong about Rayek, and I guess I'll see you on the other side.

(Sorry for the morbidity. I've been trying not to work myself up but it's not easy.)
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Prayers and good thoughts, please. Hugs
Prayers and good thoughts, please. Image-51049c888e7ee37eb74407a358461b19

Prayers and good thoughts, please. Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Prayers and good thoughts, please. Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:54 pm

All my thoughts and prayers for the Great Spirit to watch over you have been invoked manga

Keep your chin up...all will be good...

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 12:08 am

I hope you'll be well soon, Manga!

Prayers and good thoughts, please. 9925265_orig

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 am

We love you, Manga. All our best to you.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:12 am

Trust me, I would have drawn this out for you, but with it being the week right before my son's graduation, I'm running around like a mad woman without a head trying to get the preparations done for the party on Saturday Sad  

Sometimes.... it's a rather delicate balance of patience and persistence when approaching one such as Rayek.  Not because of his natural intimidation, although he can definitely be a bit daunting when he wishes to be. Especially when one tries to explain the way of things he simply finds impossible to digest.

Such as now when having to accept the inadequacy of humans.

So while peering over his shoulder, all I can do for now is watch the brooding elf glare at the laptop monitor with a eerie silence while clicking the refresh button repeatedly. I was hoping to catch up on some writing on my beloved laptop, but my future wasn't looking so bright thus far.   Although I already knew what he was waiting for, I gathered what courage I could and cleared my throat calmly from behind him.  "Um.... Rayek? Are you done yet?"

He made no move while sitting on the floor, legs crossed with the machine braced upon his knees and still clicking refresh, refresh, refresh on the Fathertree site.  At least he decided to acknowledge me this time with a grunt.  "No."

With a heavy sigh, I begin to give my head a nervous scratch. I couldn't very well leave him sit there waiting endlessly for answers.  "Ummmm.... Manga's not going to have the tests done, or the results back by tonight...."

Without a word, I could already sense his mood worsening while Rayek continued to "click-click-click".   "How long then?"

I contained my inward groan, yet felt myself washed over with dread having to answer this question honestly. Surely, he already knew how our world worked when it came to the ill or injured.  "Uh, well... it takes several days or longer with human healers..."

The clicking stopped as I watched his spine stiffen beneath the long mane of ebony hair.  I wish that was all I saw.  While turning his head slowly, I was rewarded to witness Rayek's left eye twitching. "WHAT!?!?"

*Kindred dives into a nuke cellar for cover as whole neighborhood goes ka-blooy*

GET BETTER WOMAN!! OUR ENTIRE EXISTANCE ON THE WORLD OF ONE MOON NOW DEPENDS ON IT!!

Seriously... take it easy, sweetie.... You take care of you. And keep us posted when you can! *sends all the healing energy a human hug can possibly send!!!*

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 2:24 am

All good thoughts, love  and well wishes for you, Manga. Be well soon!

Prayers and good thoughts, please. Leetah10

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 am

*beams* Thank you all. I will do my best! And Kindred, I'll update everyone as soon as I can, if only to protect you from an irritable Rayek. Wink
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Update for Rayek (to spare Kindred Wink ):

They put radioactive dye in my veins and took pictures of my heart. They didn't see any obvious problems. Tomorrow they're going to use soundwaves to give them a different picture of my heart.

I think this is why when I "port" you into the World of One Moon, you end up a surgeon. Sure someone like Leetah could do it better but even among elves, someone with her skills is rare. And bodies and science and medicine are so fascinating! For someone who likes a constant challenge, it's perfect.

Really, you're wasted on the World of Two Moons. Your drive and thirst for knowledge belong on a technological world where people explore the hows and whys of life, the universe and everything.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Sounds like everything I had gone through (from Stress test to the dye in the heart)... Funny, when I posted the picture of the dye in my heart - people on FB said "Congrats!" thinking it was a ultrasound of a baby...

For me, it ended up being very high blood pressure, so now I am on medication and (trying desperately) to have a better diet (though I frequently cave!)

Wishing you the best.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Been through the chest pain routine many times with my sweet little husband. I hope you get better soon. Hugs!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Oh Manga sorry to hear about the heart problems. Sounds like you had heart cauterization. Lovely test, the dye they use not so lovely. I'm allergic to it. I've had 3 so far. The echo cardiogram is a piece of cake. Hopefully you get a good tech.

I'm just resting as much as possible while I wait to see my cardiologist. Something is not right since I had that last chest cold and it is not improving. So far I feel like I am constantly short a breath when I walk at a decent pace. I can't even speed walk at this point. Plus I'm having aches and pains as well as little sleep. So I'll get the most obvious thing checked first and we'll go from there if that is not the problem. The app is on the 16th of June, so we'll wait and see. Yes I'll let you know if something comes of it. I was born with 2 forms of heart disease and after 53 yrs of it, something gonna give.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Thank you, Tymber, Trollbabe and G0lden for sharing your stories. Hugs and prayers for you, too!
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 12:26 am

Thank you manga ^_^ You spared my beloved Jeep from soaring into the Ohio river! Shocked  Laughing Laughing

Eagerly waiting for the results of your other test! *fingers and eyes and legs and toes are crossed!*

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 12:53 am

Ugh... stress tests and echos... I've been there too. Hey, did you get the dye that kinda burns at first then feels as though you're suddenly dripping wet as it flows through your body? When my cardiologist was chasing red herrings, I got a CT scan on the arteries around my kidneys. The tech described the feeling I'd have as "a warm tingly-ness"... sounded kinda fun until she said "you might feel like you wet your pants."

Yeah... and my shirt. Like I wet my pants and shirt and then piled three heavy, sopping wet blankets on my chest just for the lulz.

Hugs and best wishes, manga. I'm keeping all my digits crossed for good results from the next test.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:36 am

wingthing wrote:
Ugh... stress tests and echos... I've been there too. Hey, did you get the dye that kinda burns at first then feels as though you're suddenly dripping wet as it flows through your body? When my cardiologist was chasing red herrings, I got a CT scan on the arteries around my kidneys. The tech described the feeling I'd have as "a warm tingly-ness"... sounded kinda fun until she said "you might feel like you wet your pants."

Yeah... and my shirt. Like I wet my pants and shirt and then piled three heavy, sopping wet blankets on my chest just for the lulz.

Hugs and best wishes, manga. I'm keeping all my digits crossed for good results from the next test.

For me it was a case of being warm.  Everyone in the recovery area was stating how cold they were.  Me, I was really warm.  They called my doctor and started an iv and told my mom to give me plenty of clear fluids when I get home.  The kidneys are supposed to get rid of the dye.  Mine didn't that's how I found out I was allergic to it.

Then one thing I love about heart caths.  Is they still not to cough when they are using the dye.  Really now, It's the only thing you want to do.

Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 am

I've been in that test and wait holding pattern while they try to figure out what the heck is going on. I'll be praying that it is something benign and easily treatable.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed, Manga. *adding my hopes and well wishes* Best of luck.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Keep us updated Manga. We are wishing all the best for you!

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Test today found nothing. We're scheduling a heart CT.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Thank god for my General Manager. We are told to give a least a 2 wk advance notice for a day off. They declined mine. My GM approved it. Flat out told the idiots, I have an agent here doesn't look like she is feeling very well and she needs to see her doctor. Glad that is out of the way.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am

Whatever you do... do not publicly post your address.... there's a dark haired elf flying around with a huge bag of scorpions ready to be released in a physicians office with a determined result to get your Dr moving a little faster >_____________>

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Now THAT I'd pay money to see. Shocked

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 pm

I think my sup would help out as well.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Rayek, I'm reasonably sure that closing the office to deal with an infestation of venemous insects would slow things down rather than speed them up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and good thoughts, please.   Prayers and good thoughts, please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers and good thoughts, please.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next