Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest # 13

Go down 
+26
Sifra
Zadzi
KR Wordgazer
Multi-Facets
Arthis
wingthing
Embala
Shadowpath
Outlier
Startear
kathleen3.0
ErinC1978
Miss Gillespie
PCoquelin
Davrille
Elwing
Stargazer
Wisp
sun girl
Vaeri
Kindredsoul
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
TrollHammer
faeriegirl
Tam
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm also looking a bit at the costume. It seems the weird neck thing from Rogue's Curse 2 has arrived, but as the pirate shirt hasn't, I don't think this is "tall" Rayowill yet. Could be, though- he seems to have a longer face and smaller eyes than he had in his last appearance in FQ10. But it's probably just artistic license.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:29 pm

I bet he blows shit up like I knew he could... all along.... without the aid of the Palace or spirits.

He's long over due to vent out some pent up rage, and justifiably so at this point.

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:56 pm

I know the cover is all we have to go on, but really...how often has the cover accurately depicted what happens in FQ? About all we can truly take from this is that Rayowill is (probably) in this issue, and that (maybe) Venka gets injured.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:24 am

It definitely won't be Tall Rayek. Unless Wendy plays with the timeline, Rayek doesn't get re-shaped until 400 years after the Second Palace War.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 3:50 am

And now we know that Venka gets injured at the end of issue 12... and Rayowill starts blasting around.
What else could happen?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:12 am

Yes. The elves could go to the troll tunnels to find Cutter, but he's not there. He's kicking it with the tree elves... I mean fung guys.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Yes. The elves could go to the troll tunnels to find Cutter, but he's not there. He's kicking it with the tree elves... I mean fung guys.

How dare you make that pun before me?
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Lunakat wrote:

Very Happy That's a great name for them!

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Fung guys! ROFLMAO brilliant name! That's what I'm gonna call them from now on.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 12:03 am

My work here is done.

ErinC1978

ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Lunakat wrote:
with the tree elves... I mean fung guys.

ILU, Lunakat XD
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 am

I went looking for previews(this is the next issue, right?) and got nothing.
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 6:56 am

Lunakat wrote:

Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 Vobis_MaineTreeFungus_02

Hey, they're touchy about their STDs... (..poor choice of words, sorry)  but if Cutter wants to risk it, well, thats his business. Leetah doesnt need to worry about it, she's basically immune...

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Preview! Preview!  20

Here

Edit: no major spoiler in it
Back to top Go down
Wisp

Wisp

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Gosh, the coloring is all messed up again. Skimback is supposed to be yellowish with dark brown hair, but on pg. 3 he's pale flesh tone with light brown hair. The panel in the top right corner on that page is so weird. I have absolutely no idea who the blonde Wavedancer is supposed to be? I don't recognize that hair/outfit combo, maybe a messed up Sandsparkle or No-Ripple (and is it just me is or is her head not really aligned with her neck? She should probably see a healer about that, lol!) Another coloring oops on pg. 4 with Snakeskin's white hair.

The full page image on pg. 1 is pretty exciting though, and I can't wait to see Rayek and Reef go bananas on some Djunsmen.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:14 pm

I think Blondie is supposed to be Sandsparkle, but god, what a messed up drawing - the proportions are completely skewed.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 pm

The coloring is so so bad. Why?

I want to like this. But it's so... eh.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:52 pm

I don't recognize this Rayek. He's always been a hot-head but he's never been blood-thirsty. What happened to "is it a honor for [animals] to die in terror and pain?" I admit, I can see him going all psycho with Winnie's "loving" help AFTER Venka was shot, but he was there from the get-go. So sad to see, after all that complex character growth, him regressed to cartoon villainy. Once, he and Cutter were cut of the same cloth. "Meant to do great things but likely to stumble trying to manage too much." (For however much we can trust Khavi.) But this? It's like someone else altogether.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:20 am

I know, Manga. I've given up on any actual Rayek character development a long time ago....ever since, Kumbaya Palace Scene, oh yeah, I've been holding onto Winnowill the whole time and never mind whatever character development I had earlier, and Oh Why isn't your mind an etchasketch?

Ugh.

Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:23 am

Not impressed. Colours bad, proportions off, characters OOC. If this were a fanfic, I'd be constantly trying to hold back on a scathing review.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:19 am

Is... it the 27th yet?

This is... scary! I'm starting to think these previews are a bad idea, all the day is scaring us twice!
I love this new protective Reef, just it won't destroy him if he's forced to kill. He seems like a guy for whom even enemies, even killing humans, could have some severe psychological issues.
BTW, I had no problems recognising Sandsparke. No... not like that... The fact that we've never seen that hair-outfit-combo doesn't really matter. The elves are allowed to change their style every now and then. Despite what Cutter seems to think...

manga wrote:
I don't recognize this Rayek. He's always been a hot-head but he's never been blood-thirsty. What happened to "is it a honor for [animals] to die in terror and pain?" I admit, I can see him going all psycho with Winnie's "loving" help AFTER Venka was shot, but he was there from the get-go. So sad to see, after all that complex character growth, him regressed to cartoon villainy. Once, he and Cutter were cut of the same cloth. "Meant to do great things but likely to stumble trying to manage too much." (For however much we can trust Khavi.) But this? It's like someone else altogether.

Bear in mind that Rayek isn't quite himself, and haven't been so for about 50 years.
It's not the first time he's lost his mind from being sorta possesed by dead elf spirits.
One think I'm thankful for is that he actually noticed Venka getting shot. I was worried he'd be so lost in his enraged state that he didn't even notice, or worse; accidentally blasted her. Which would've been downright horrible. Rayek has done many bad things, but he haven't done anything bad enough to suffer from the pain of accidentally killing one of the people who means the most to him.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 am

I get him being incensed enough to start blasting the humans who killed that old man. That fits him: a good basis but an extreme reaction. It's the "Yes, Winnowill, let's make their deaths agonizing" and "I've never loved you more than at this moment" (as we're torturing and killing) that seems OOC. Not to mention, if this is an example of how well he's been keeping Winnowill under control, then they must be leaving a trail of death across Abode and the other elves are going to be responsible for all the murders because they let it keep going.

Speaking of art, the scene where Rayek is floating and looking over his shoulder at Ekuar, Venka and Windkin looks off. Rayek looks like he was posed standing on the ground and then clipped and pasted into the air. The sense of gravity feels off.

Last edited by manga on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:37 am

Oh... I'm sure he's been doing a fine job of keeping her under control until now. Which might turn out to be a problem! Maybe it'll turn out to be like when you keep something under preassure for too long. In the end it just bursts!
Which means that even when Rayek does something right he still can't get a break! In fact you could say that this entire mess - the thing with Winnowill, not the thing with the humans - is at least indirectly thanks to him owning up to his biggest mistake ever, and being willing to make amends.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:07 am

In the panel where Rayek sais "I have never loved you more, dark spirit, than at this moment.", to me Rayek doesn't look quite like himself. I get the impression Winnowil has found a way to influence him. If this is the case, I don't think his comment is OOC. I think Redhead Ember is right and Winnowil might have gotten a hold on him because he has been under pressure for too long. I like this storyline.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 am

I don't care that Rayek has gone off the deep end. I hope that gets explored more. I mean-- he has an insane person living in his head that he won't let go of. That make sense.

At this point, the drawings seem fine.

What's killing me here is the color. Last issue was bad-- but these preview pages are awful. Talk about popping the background and receding the foreground to completely flatten an image! The colors aren't compatible. There is no logic to the saturation. And why are Venka, Windkin and Ekuar some variation between bile green and jaundice yellow?

Is there no professional colorist they can hire? I liked what Sonny did in the first few issues, but its like he just suddenly started busting this out without putting any time or thought (or skill) into it. Does he suspect at all that this might be bad? Wendy Pini has created some beautiful work in the past that had lovely colors in it. Does she really think this coloring is good?

I hope it gets better. I hope skin tones, at least, stop being grey and yellow-- and that the colorist starts paying attention to foreground, middle ground and background, like before. Sad

But maybe I'm just expecting too much. I mean-- this is a kids comic book after all. Are kids going to notice and care about this stuff? Probably not.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest # 13   Final Quest # 13 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest # 13
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next