Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)

Go down 
+24
Multi-Facets
Elwing
howler monkey
Sifra
Arthis
Lunakat
Zadzi
Shadowpath
kathleen3.0
Wisp
namuhna
Bluetree
manga
Redhead Ember
Embala
Davrille
Kindredsoul
wingthing
Startear
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Stargazer
Outlier
faeriegirl
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Somebody is bound to feel entitled to have their own area on Abode because they feel connected to it.

Edit:
The elves can leave, sure. But I don't think the Wolfriders have considered that being an option for them. At this point they strike me as being absolutely into the idea of having their own area and the humans somehow accepting it and letting them have it.

Personally, I think the ones who are going to fight are Wolfriders because they feel they have a claim or a right to be there and the Go-Backs because it's what they do.

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Sure! They are totally entitled to their choice to do that. And everyone e else is entitled to their choice not to do that.

She didn't say "you can't fight to defend your scrap of land"-- she just said "you're on your own doing it, because that's not our priority."

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 12:00 am

That's the disconnect

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 12:37 am

I agree with Lunakat - they really don't need to fight. That's why several posts ago I was having a brain fart and wondering why they weren't all in the palace. The palace can be hidden anyway also, right? Not like it was before, some shiny crystal monstrosity looming over the horizon when it first appeared. But my point is that when I asked this, I was reminded that indeed some feel Abode is 'theirs' too, worth 'fighting' for etc. But it's just fighting in the same old tired way, which is really showing again how outdated Go Backs and Wolfriders can be.
So I'm not really sure what to think except that the ones who are staying (Wavedancers aside) both have a lot of experience with just sheer survival and a kind of brutality which really they were kind of bred on. It is sort of the 'price' of living on Abode for them since they were always in the thick of it.
On the other hand, living in the palace and being all elfy magical is just... completely the opposite, and I can see why it would be un-relateable. It's all indoors, like the magical age of when electric kitchen became all the rage and it was all about how you didn't need to lift a finger lol.
There's no middle ground here, which is kind of unfortunate. Well, I take that back actually. The ONLY group of elves who I've ever seen as truly adapting and taking the middle road (new road) are Shenshen and Kimo. They're the ones bringing something completely new in terms of how to really adept.  It's smart and it goes beyond survival, and it still demands a level of learning and challenge. Living in the palace and being super magical or staying to fight and merely survive just seem like polar opposites but still two sides of the same coin: reclaiming old heritage or going on with the one they knew for as long as they remember.

Shenshen/Kimo for president Very Happy

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Just read the FQ 16 preview today. Not sure if I like it. "Her" Winnowill influence is clearly visible, though. And it seems like there is more "let's bend thing into a path that will make R.'s Curse feasible". :/
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:35 am

I thought it was pretty obvious, that the elves were returning to the old planet the high ones once left?

FiQu is plot points ex machina. It doesn't make sense, that you can't use the palace for aggressive means. Wasn't it used for fighting in the past (Not sure about this)?

Fighting the humans is futile in the long run, and let's face it, the elves are aliens. In our world alien species/ foreign invaders are rarely for the good of the native inhabitants (people, animals, plants)...

BTW Aroree's skin colour is really off :/

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 am

Why are they going back to a dead planet that they had to leave in the first place?

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 am

Huh, looks like Aroree has gotten some sun.

I was under the impression Homeworld was dead. That way it seems weird for them to go back to a dead rock.
Lunakat wrote:
Why are they going back to a dead planet that they had to leave in the first place?
Maybe there's still somebody there?

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 am

Lunakat wrote:

I don't think they are going back to their old planet. I think Timmain just refers to the stars as their "home".

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Yeah. That was always my interpretation as well. Restoring the Star Home simply means Taking the Palace-Ship back to the stars.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm

I thought maybe the star home was the palace-- or their home in the stars

But it's entirely possible that Wendy is revising things and she literally is sending them back to their home planet. I mean-- a number of things have been rewritten, right?

Two Edge is, I think, the being who will right the ancient wrong. I think the ancient wrong is the way the elves treated the trolls and whatever lead to the rebellion. Two Edge is half troll and half elf. So he's a middle creature-- and I think he's going to be the intermediary. I think that, if the elves want to leave the planet, they have to offer the trolls a chance to go with them. Just morally. Or offer them some alternative (like maybe settling the moon)

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:54 pm

I concluded, that the old planet was somehow restored, because of Kahvi's comment, that she is going back to the palace and beyond ("there is more"). Or was it Krim's? Kahvi at least talked about seeing Cutter's body, when she visits the palace. Apparently pure blooded elves can depart from the palace as well, otherwise she wouldn't 'visit' it, since she is already always there.
Maybe that's actually the reason why Timmain wants to leave Abode, because there is a 'rightful planet' for the elves to return to.
[I bet the elves are not bound to the palace any more, because they can (from now on)  be bound to the old homestead as well Smile ]

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:13 am

I'm little late to the preview discussion...

Here are my short first thoughts:
- yeah, preview! Very Happy
- I really like the first 3 pages art- and pacingwise.
- Poor Ekuar Sad
- I'm kinda "Team Rayek/Go-Backs" in this one, everyone else seems so emotionless about the invasion...
- Hello Copy&Paste Petalwing (p3), Aroree, Savah and Sunstream (p4)... Mad

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 2:54 pm

If Timmain knows they can go back to their home planet, why would she not just say so?

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Okay. Here's what I think.

The star went supernova and Timmain thinks enough time has elapsed for a new solar system to arise from the remnants of the old and even if the planets there aren't inhabitable now they should be able to terraform them.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Have they at least done some test flights or something in pods or the palace? It seems a little weird not to venture out there to the stars and take a good look around, to maybe get some kind of idea what it might be like out there.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Most likely not. They strike as the lot that goings 'HERE WE GOOOOOOOO', take a step forward and fall off a cliff they didn't notice.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Then it's time to come back for more lessons of pain!! Razz

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Then it's time to come back for more lessons of pain!! Razz
I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to fuck themselves over again.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Okay. Here's what I think.

The star went supernova and Timmain thinks enough time has elapsed for a new solar system to arise from the remnants of the old and even if the planets there aren't inhabitable now they should be able to terraform them.

Kind of a big if...

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 2:21 am

Sifra wrote:
If Timmain knows they can go back to their home planet, why would she not just say so?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

uhm, there's a lot of stuff people forget to mention in FiQu, unless they have a need For "story ex machina" Razz

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 2:30 am

Tbh I got distracted by the idea that the fairy godmother might have put a spell on either the house or Cinderella to make the animals help her, which would solve a major plothole in the story, and it stopped mattering, but basically one of the theories of supernovae is that it could potentially trigger a rebirth of the star. It was in a lot of the books my mom could afford during my astronomy phase, and they were basically much of what would have been available to the Pinis at that time. So I figured, based on their "Oooh shiny" approach to science, that's probably what they might be going for.

And I figured that the rest of the plans in Elfquest(go out wandering to find elves, start a war between elves and trolls, rockshape a mountain into a giant egg = profit????!, take the palace thousands of years into the future = ppl will like me??????, spread some kind of unknown good word about elves and make a career off this(seriously, how does Shuna survive), send out some kind of call in our magic death space ship and ppl will come) this one actually has some kind of progression to it.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 5:39 am

In the FQ Prologue Skywise says to Ruffle "One day, when all elves unite to return and restore the star home... we'll make it a place that has the best of both [palace and forest]"

and Timmain/Suntop said in OQ20: "Each group raised and sealed about itself (...) a shell made from our dying soil."

"Dying" isn't "Dead" yet...

So I guess the Coneheads planet is the Star Home that could still exist.
The master plan is to unite as many willing elves as possible, train them, return to the original planet and restore it. Happy End.

Lunakat wrote:

They left their home planet for experience (same page): "There was no new growth or knowledge to be had on our finished world, so once again we looked to the stars - and to a new goal - experience!"

That's also why I think Timmain doesn't care to much about getting elves easy and alive to the palace. They have to make a choice, a choice they only can make (in her eyes) only if they have made enough experiences... (and dead immortal elves go to the palace anyway and make its magic stronger....)

I think now she had enough of the "lesson of pain" and wants to go home. But she wants to give her children the choice/chance to follow or to stay at their birth planet Abode.

Maybe the titular "final quest" is her final quest to go home...

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Man, it's so cool to go back and read those pages. I really miss OQ.
What's interesting though is that it seems the coneheads splintered off in to different groups and went to different planets/stars? That's what it seems Timmain says.... her own group chose WoTM. The possibility that there might be other groups from their old world out there is interesting. Maybe they're still alive.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:05 pm

I think the story was that they all scattered-- and her group, after traveling for ages, began wondering what had happened to everyone else. They had never found the others like them. So they began searching. They focused on the WoTM because the humans there seemed to believe in and worship beings with powers like their own. They thought this was evidence that their fellow travelers had landed their and influenced the humans. They took on the shapes of these human legends and prepared to descend-- but were accidentally stranded in the past-- thus inspiring the very myths that attracted th there in the first place.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next