Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi, Leanan-Elf, I like Go-Backs! What a Face

Thorn

Thorn

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Wow! All this really makes me wish I could draw! I have always written descriptive prose that my friends say bring the story to life; but I have these images in my brain that I wish I could transmit to paper! *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:35 pm

PCoquelin,

Your description of futuristic Sunstream after all these years/millenia that involved having to fight demons, bugs, Imperials etc. is bang on accurate down to the Ranger cloak/Cloak of Elvenkind. Needs a few more details.

1) Theres something like a Pip-boy integrated into that suit.
2) There are also ridges and ports on that thing to support the aquatic form, which is also the source of the paralytic
3) Why did you give him Paul's blue crystal sword from the negative great accumulation of his line? Thats just interesting.
4) That girl needs to reload her K-I caseless rifle.
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Sorandril wrote:
PCoquelin,

Your description of futuristic Sunstream after all these years/millenia that involved having to fight demons, bugs, Imperials etc. is bang on accurate down to the Ranger cloak/Cloak of Elvenkind. Needs a few more details.

Sorandril,

Your comments all along never cease to have me smiling. I've been a role-player and dungeon master for decades, now (why, I even met ye olde G.G. HIMSELF, at a time), and I'm totally fond of sci-fi and fantasy and history of sciences and techniques. The 'ranger' subclass (of the warrior class) is the armed hand of druids and nature. In AD&D, elvenkind needs no CAPS, 'wooden elves' being, in fact, the very core and heart of all elves, the echo of their whole species' origins: hunters, more animal than evolved beings (especially when still cubs). I'm afraid Wendy has guessed it, somehow, with her wolfriders...

Sorandril wrote:
1) Theres something like a Pip-boy integrated into that suit.

No idea, here, of what a "pip-boy" could mean..
The "Urban Dictionary" says:
" Pipboy is the electronic data organizer that you use in the Fallout series of RPG games as an inventory, skills and stats screen, quest screen, etc. The Pipboy 2000 is your ultimate guide to the wastes, and key to your character's survival. As for the actual Pip Boy, he is the ever-smiling graphical representation of everything in the Pipboy. "

So... Yeah, maybe, but it's far more than that. A real artificial intelligence, designed to help Sunstream.

Sorandril wrote:
2) There are also ridges and ports on that thing to support the aquatic form, which is also the source of the paralytic

"Ports" !?...
How archaic!

Sorandril wrote:
3) Why did you give him Paul's blue crystal sword from the negative great accumulation of his line? Thats just interesting.

Nope. Search the 'flissa' reference, and you'll get what his saber looks like.
But futuristic Sunstream's sword is made of synthetic sapphire, with great enhancements that would put to shame ANY video game sword (or, at the very least, that would put to shame any.. erm.. 'scenarist' or.. harrumph.. 'game designer'), if your 'Paul' refers to a movie or video game character.

Sorandril wrote:
4) That girl needs to reload her K-I caseless rifle.

It's not a girl: it's a titacta. Could find only that illustration. I cannot draw at all.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 4:14 am

Im sure my comments dont although i consider it just plain astounding that we appear to be describing the same being. And im honored just to talk to someone who even met the late Gygax.

I apologize, for i dont mean to look like im trying to Suntop you here, but it seems thats too late.

sorry, the Pipboy from "Fallout" is for some reason what sprang to mind because the screen is on the left wrist. You are correct about the AI. Its had to be revised in recent years though due to an unruly Palace inhabitant that used to run the thing.

ports on the suit = lack of a better term.

And now to more fully explain my final cryptic reference:

-Klynn- is a VERY VERY OLD line, which is why he has those abilities. He is due to retire in approximately only 86400 years from now, which on the cosmic timescale is very short. This means that he actually has a nearly equal amount of good and bad karma.

Think of all the characters that fit Sunstream and an incredibly strong possibility is that on the negative accumulation whole cycles of the universe ago, he was once Paul Atreides. That is -Klynns- whole purpose and life pattern gone 1000% WRONG and literally straight to Hell. (Where else do you think the Imperium is?) Another example of Sunstream gone totally bad is Char Aznable from Gundam.

And you are correct, this is not the blade i thought it was before - Jink has that one...
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 am

Sorandril wrote:
.. he was once Paul Atreides.

Poor one..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 14908210

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Dont get me started on visiting what was LEFT of the biotech world. The San Andreas fault up by Palmdale reminds me of the giant gash left when Waff was blasted off his own pedestal.

Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2

On a lighter note...

One of the other things that blade reminds me of is the one Tidus from Final Fantasy X has. He is another such princely character...

Chrono (Chrono Trigger) is wearing a yellow scarf. Its a dead giveaway. And due to the real ending of that game, generally known as "turn off the SNES immediately after the Lavos defeat sequence and start Chrono Chross on the PSX, and try not to think of Chrono and Marle being wrenched apart by a massive time paradox OR that Lavos is actually laughing when you kill him", this transfers to Serge.

These are quite early incarnations but you can see some things creeping in already, like water.

Another one is Renton Thurston, from the anime Eureka Seven. Now this guy is getting more aware, probably because he regularly talks to an incarnation of Karmapa that lives in the cargo bay of the giant dropship theyre flying around in, and Eureka who may as well have a huge sign above her head saying "BRILL".

Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2 Sending Sending 2

Less aware would be the subsequent lifetime on that world, Cid Highwind (FF7), where we get even further into the aircraft association and into just how much of a total crap lifetime this character can have without breaking and becoming someone like Char Aznable (mister "im uniting all the psychics in outer space into a fascist organization).

It was bad enough he had to join the navy and then become part of the Shinra organization, and as a bonus in college he unearthed Renton's journal and some notes on trapar drives which Gast believed would revive the days of the Ancients.

He had no idea Ifalna would drop dead when he turned the prototype on....

Bugenhagen took a look at Renton's journal and came up with his theory.

Before we continue this thread any further, an interesting note about our apparent situation.

There was a controversy for 20 odd years in my school of Buddhism (Tibetan - Karma Kagyu) because there were literally 2 people claiming to be the Karmapa over there in the East.

They FINALLY met in 2018 because Chinas government was making it a pain on purpose, and after discussion they determined that they were BOTH the Karmapa.

Whats happening ITT is that one person with the archetype of Le Petit Prince, known more precisely to Buddhism as the bodhisattva "Earth Matrix" and bearing correlations to Maitreya, just smacked into another such person.

This is literally the most Elfquest like thing that i can think of happening on this board ever. Or in my life ever.
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 4:56 pm

wow..

Thank you for defining THAT precisely your self-elf, Sorandril!

I just had..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 PC776_DCA3SuntopWitnessingAv

..no idea!

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 6:02 pm

Well... sharing makes richer..... Smile

Im amazed you didnt know a lot of this already.

And to think, all this ive learned, AND my field of study..... all because i wanted to know the source of the magic feeling! (Very long story.)

(Edited to say that i really hope that i havent overloaded you into becoming "StunnedStream", an all too common look for us where we often stop breathing and stuff, its another source of Cutter's terrible air joke. If all this information indeed caused you to go "inside-out" like i did last week upon running into Antoine's work, please let me know youre alright)
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:53 am

Sorandril wrote:
.. please let me know youre alright

Have no worry.

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 PC542_SuntopAvSeeYou

I'm always cool.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 11:52 am

Heh, true....

Another note on this.

Did anyone else notice in the final frame, besides "Cutlet", there are other little elves who look like younger versions of the classic tribe members?
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 9:50 am

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 20211112

Gift for PC. Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 911381222 sunny king

...I'm a huge coffee lover as well! However I add a bit of milk. ^^
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Sunvillage design for the set ^^... Love it!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 6:23 pm

cuuute, suntop in the coffee cup! Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11