Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vaeri's Colorings and Art

Go down 
+6
Shadowpath
Tymber
Leanan
Embala
Yeee
Vaeri
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Lol i never seem to be notified if the tagging thing is done, i don't much understand it. I've just seen Embala use it. But hooray i'm glad you like it!!

I rather like the videos too. Not that there's really much to my process lol. And i did find Rainthorwen in your toybox but her doll picture that inspired this was too small. I ended up having to dig through the doll thread here to find the original and larger version. But it was worth the effort to get the right colors.^^

I could look through to see if anymore of your characters have sketches i can color. Always glad to add to my list of things to color...even if it's a bit long already lol!

Can't wait to hear what your daughter thinks of it!! Squeee.^^
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 3:23 pm

Vaeri wrote:
man it's been too long since i made a video...this took some refiguring out. but here you guys go! sorry it's a touch long but i know some of you (not naming names TYMBER :p) like the details

hoping to finish the feast picture by tonight. it's coming along nicely.

This was awesome. And clearly why your so good at this. One day I will be this good when I tinker around with digitally coloring. But this also helped visually see how you do stuff which was quite helpful. <3

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:33 pm

Yay Tymber!! I was wondering when i'd hear from you.^^ i appreciate it though i really don't think i'm all that special...but hey shine where you love, and i love to trace and color.^^
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 2:00 am

Vaeri wrote:
Yay Tymber!! I was wondering when i'd hear from you.^^ i appreciate it though i really don't think i'm all that special...but hey shine where you love, and i love to trace and color.^^

Yeah. Life has not been kind of late. Too much going on that I don't care to go into details about.

So I've not been fully connected - here, and everywhere.

But finally took the time to see what I was missing here - saw he video - then saw my name (I clicked the video before reading the post!).

And let me say, everything I've seen of you - you shine brightly. Never let anyone dim that light.

And you do wonderful art - and are (knowingly or unknowingly) a wonderful guide for those who may not be as passionate about the digital art as you are - but enjoy dabbling - and enjoy hearing from you with feedback and suggestions - and video tutorials that help me grow in my dabbling art.

So yes. You shine. You shine very brightly.

Thanks for always being amazing.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 am

I'm sorry to hear that Tymber. I hope things improve and/or settle down for you soon. I'm doubly glad now you were able to get enjoyment from the video. *hug*

Some people don't consider tracing an art...*shrug* but being an inker is a thing so bah.

But thank you Tymber. You've given me warm fuzzies to last all day.<3 i'll dispense with the low esteem denials this time and just stick to my thanks, gratitude and appreciation.
Back to top Go down
Rainthorwen

Rainthorwen

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Vaeri wrote:
Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Rainth11

I love it u>u
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:40 am

Yay!! I'm so thrilled!!^^ she was a fun colorful character to work with.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 12:30 am

wow it has been a long time since i colored...ehh life and depression. but i finally got some stuff done. colored one of my boyfriends characters who needed it, and i finally finished this Longfin sketch i found forever ago and simply loved the look of it. i found it on Elfquest Fanart by Bittersilk.

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Longfi10
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 5:34 am

Such a beautiful coloring of a very pretty elf lady, Vaeri. 🥰 I love the rich coloring, the luscious, dark black lashes and how you gave the background texture and thus, more depth. Well done. <3

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 am

sweet! Fishy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am

Thank you guys ^^
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Lovely and lively drawing by Bittersilk. she captured Longfin beautifully - I love the relaxed-pensive pose and the entwined windswept tresses.

Your lapislazuli choice makes her shine, Vaeri! I love the shades of blue and how the lapis returns in her eyes, the collar and jewelry. The powdery hint of beach, sea and sky is a perfect background. The colored outlines go very well with this style. Beautifully done!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am

Thank you Embala! It was tough fixing down her color palette...we've no really good shots of her and comic variations make it harder. But i always loved her elegance. Sometimes i'm a little sad Sunstream didn't recognize Longfin! XDD
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:43 pm

been way too long since i posted something BUT here we go!...i kinda rushed a little bit cause i wanted to finish it like TODAY so it wasn't languishing until my next day off...and i was going to try completely freehanding it, but i ended up using some 3D models for the bases and poses cause it was gonna suck otherwise. i guess it didn't turn out too bad! i didn't do the background, i just got lazy and found out and put an artistic filter on it to make it look like art....XD but yay!

a peaceful scene of Vaeri weaving baby blankets for her friend Embala and her newborn twins, while her doting lovemate watches her work and talks to her, while...it seems Embala and Sharuk are having some kind of disagreement. i don't think it'll be a fight...maybe...but it's probably more one parent wants to do something and the other is "Wait you want to what? why??"

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Weavin10
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 7:42 am

Cuuuute, Vaeri diligently weaves the 2nd blanket, adored by Blackfin, while Embala and Sharuk bicker over raising children. lol!

"a peaceful scene of Vaeri weaving baby blankets for her friend Embala and her newborn twins"
Peaceful? Wink

".it seems Embala and Sharuk are having some kind of disagreement. i don't think it'll be a fight...maybe...but it's probably more one parent wants to do something and the other is "Wait you want to what? why??""
Peaceful? A scene with a disputing Sharuk? See what Sharuk does:

Sharuk proud: "As soon as the little ones can handle long sticks, I carve them their first small harpoons. I can hardly wait."
Embala: "Wait you want to what? why??"
Sharuk: "Hunh? Why not!? All little Sea Raider sprats have Harpoons, no tridents. Of course, tridents are too difficult to handle for children. "
Embala: "What? I don't mean that at all! How can you even get the idea, to Put weapons in the hands of little children!?"
Sharuk: "B...but They will need them to protect themselves! You should know by now how dangerous the sea is. "
Embala (in a caustic tone): "I've been in the sea for centuries before you even existed as an idea."
Sharuk (angry): "Grrrrr! I've had to fight enemies since I was a kid! Without my children's harpoon I would have been shark food back then and we wouldn't be sitting here together as a family now!" he strokes the half of his face that was once slit and is now scarred.
Embala: "Yes, I see that you are sitting here with severe childhood trauma."
Sharuk raises one eybrow, not understanding these strange unknown words. "What?"
Embala: "It should never have happened that way. That's what parents are there for, to protect their children. "
Sharuk dismissive "You don't understand that!"
Embala: "Then let me finally understand, you're always so withdrawn when it comes to your past. Where have your parents been when the attack happened?"
Sharuk yells: "ENOUGH! I don't want to talk about it."
Then he says more calmly:" The fact is that it quickly happens that the children are separated from the pod. A moment's carelessness and they're fish food. I have had this experience in my life , though it is very short compared to your long one."

Blackfin to Vaeri: " Wait Landsweety, soon they will use your blankets to strangle each other.
it's not easy to deal with Rukky. " But secretly he's a little worried about the two of them and sends to Sharuk. *If you keep being so aggressive like mother, your mate will soon be gone.*
Of course Sharuk doesn't want that, he flinches in shock and immediately sends soothing vibrations to Embala.

uuuuuh, there's fuel for a lot of arguments between the two of them...

Given ​​this conversation, possibly Embala-elf would react like that (Would she, real Em?) . I as mom would have also represented the part with the weapons, even if not as calmly and controlled as I let Embala elf speaks.)

Sharuk has an authoritarian streak, he developed that as a big brother who always had to look after his little siblings and the insane father while the mother hung around ashore with the wolf riders. Being a left alone child and of course this childhood trauma made him hard, not a bad guy, villain or something like that but strict and combative. And of course , Rayeks blood runs hot in this descendant of him. (That's what we call temperamental people here in Germany: hot-blooded.) ...so not such a peaceful moment

Heh heh, thanx for this excitation, Vaeri, this is fun... and a realistic scenario, since I expected such tensions from the start. Very Happy I love that kind of storytelling!
(I hope you do not feel that I have tainted your picture with this, but spiced it. Maybe your Vaeri-elf says something too?)
Smile

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:30 pm

You absolutely spiced it up, not ruined it^^ i'm sure Vaeri would just keep being her cool as a cucumber self, with affection towards Blackfin.

I say peaceful because Embala and Sharuk at this point in the picture are not to the point of yelling at each other yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 6:23 pm

cucumber self, lol, learned a new word What a Face

"I say peaceful because Embala and Sharuk at this point in the picture are not to the point of yelling at each other yet. XD"
ah yes, my scene start at this scene on your picture and and it turned into an argument later. Smile ......once I start writing... Rolling Eyes stop me, when I exaggerate or worse Razz

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:03 am

when my friends make lovely art, i just cannot resist coloring it! so here is Prayer's drawing of Leetah in some lovely new leathers, which look very leafy and flowery to me...so i tried my hand at coloring her in the seasons. i believe Prayer already did Spring, so i made Summer, Fall and Winter, and a Flower

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Leetah13

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Leetah15

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Leetah14

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Leetah16
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 8:59 am

Oh my gosh, these are sooooo pretty, Vaeri! ♡ Thanks for adding these wonderful variations! The color choices are well chosen (each palette with one dominant color) and the seasons are such a creative idea! I'm a fan of the dynamic backgrounds, too.

Okay, so my version symbolizes spring? This is awesome because it is my favorite season. Who would have thought that Leetah looks so nice in blue, yellow and pink (pink symbolizes a flower - so cute!)? I'm in awe!
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:30 pm

Ohh very nice! Dewshine

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 5:27 am

These are insanely well colored... but you already know I admire your skills when it comes to that!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 11:52 am

Thank you guys! I took this as practice, because i'd reeeally like to color a comic issue of Elfquest and i'm really hoping if Wendy and Richard like it, they may post it on the archives.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 7:03 pm

Vaeri wrote:
i'd reeeally like to color a comic issue of Elfquest

Awesome!  cheers  cheers

Vaeri wrote:

and i'm really hoping if Wendy and Richard like it, they may post it on the archives.

You're a coloring genius!  I'm crossing fingers! I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:04 pm

nice!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 12:43 am

been a bit, but to help out one of my favorite Youtube artists in need of funds, i got a commission! i had no idea what to do..until i sprung upon the idea of Vaeri in a victorian gown! genius! the art was so lovely of course, i couldn't help myself and had to color it! just a quick little slap dash of color, but oh has my girl got some fashion!!

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Dfrya9y-2506ef03-3e66-4c65-ac78-69026906bb5a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAxNDQ1MTAwLTUwMWEtNDU2ZC05YjMwLTIzZjRmNGVkMzc2NFwvZGZyeWE5eS0yNTA2ZWYwMy0zZTY2LTRjNjUtYWM3OC02OTAyNjkwNmJiNWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaeri's Colorings and Art
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next