Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+13
TrollHammer
Stormcatcher
Evil Evie
Kojiyumi
PCoquelin
jaRf
faeriegirl
Yeee
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Tynami
Embala
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 9:59 am

jaRf wrote:
Yeee wrote:
Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 X-mast20
This underwater scene is inspiring!

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Rayekp10
Haha, this cracks me up! He's a gift becomes a new meaning lol.

Embala wrote:
Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_x10
This collage is very beautiful and kinda nostalgic, Embala!  I love you

Belated merry christmas @all!  santa Wishing you love, piece, health and success in everything you wish to achieve. I love you

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 10:31 am

Stargazer's Hunt ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 There_10 The child is the link!

The "12 Nighs" Madcoil are updated now.

After several festive calendars I wanted to point out the dark side of EQ as well ... but without spoiling the Christmas mood. The German "Rauhnacht" (12 Nights of Christmas), an ancient tradition in the Alpes (google "Perchten") came in mind. There is belief that in those nights good and bad spirits visit the Humans, watching whether they live true to the old rules. Here I had my bad guys, a time for them and a reason! And it works well for several years now.

When you find your favorite character among the villians, rogues and monsters it does not mean that I condemn them. They may be ambivalent for me ... or act as an enemy at a certain time ... simply look like a monster in Human eyes ... or represent lingering dangers.

The 12 Nights are ahead ... you might have noticed that there are 14 brown windows. I include the Night of Thomas and Christmas Eve, therefore the first door has opened tonight. And from Christmas Eve til Three Kings there will be one more ornaments per day - two in the morning and one in the evening ... more or less. (talking of Central European Time CET = UTC+1).

Be ready to find some "not so nice" characters there - and maybe a cruel sight.

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 164940614  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 1440911348  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 3112858043  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 4267781131  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 967865565  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2789542589  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 3112858043  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 3622403972  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 164940614

Right, Redhead Ember that's Dre-Ahn ... or Leetah's handmaiden! XD

Thanks for the appreciation, Fairyring. I've tried to arrange the Christmas ornament like a good old snow globe. I hope you had a joyful Christmas time with your family and all your good wishes shall accompany you too. *hug*

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 11:47 am

"That's what you get if the decoration is left to Wolfriders and wolves, jaRf - lots of bones! "
LOL, yes, very soft bones. I hope the Wolfelves and Wolves leave a few more of these "bones".
Oh man, these candles are beautiful, all the best pieces collected from all male Wolfriders. And they fill two trees , not just one. And a bunch of "balls" underneath, shouldn't it even be a Christmas and Easter fertility cult festival image?

That leads me straight to your question: Yes, I share! I share with anyone who wants to enjoy Rayek in whatever form.  What a Face  Rayek

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_r10
Oh how beautiful, thank you for the special X-Mas baubles present. The image is so beautifully dark with beautiful bright spots of light on the baubles on a dark fir branch background, like they're hanging on a tree....

Edit: ...at Christmas eve.

Last edited by Yeee on Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 2:03 pm

And the next image with Lilypad and her version of the Kelp plant X-Mas treee. Again with an AI-generated background( because underwater Christmas trees are cool!)
Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Mermay78

I hope that Lilypads tooth gap is visible. The real Lilypad starts with her change of teeth and I always like to draw little elves that match my children.

Last edited by Yeee on Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Dre-Ahn! I love the star shaped bauble!

Young Jink with Skywise! Skywise smile I love what you did with this scene! Very beautiful!

The two sides of old Picky!  Picknose He's missng his daughter.. ppor guy

TimTam and skywise!  Cutter Growl  Timmain  Skywise smile I love what you did with the first bauble. Also love that skywise his bauble is red.. it really shows how upset he is.

Goldruff and Jink.... poor Darkdell.

Strongbow and I think his wolfriend Bearbeiter! Strongbow Scowl Hungry Wolf Very nice baubles
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 9:05 pm

Moonlight did not want to have her elfgirl made , but instead she wanted to see her Emo pal Yami in the right Christmas spirit (sigh)
Merry Crisis, Emo elf, says Mom Yeee and sends her boy a nice treee.

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Mermay58

he was soooo happy and brought his friends, the depressed stone from the "Mermaid scene maker" and the ranting Anglerfish. It was inevitable that the fish with its black-light, as the perfect un-lighting for an emo tree, would hang from it.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 1:14 am

There are other aliens in ElfQuest.

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_n10

The Neverending.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 6:50 am

More Sculpers!

And I like how the 12 Nights highlights how Stargazer's Hunt is one of the few EQ storylines with no actual threat - apart, maybe, from the humans on the Sculpers' planet - but is about dealing with loss.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:30 am

Ah yes, awkward Venka can`t bear her daughter seeing death (a dead bird).
Mom is so repeating the errors of their ancestors...sigh!
the bauble fits very good in this section.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 8:46 am

And more sculpers! I like them!

Venka and Satreeka! Venka Preventing satreeka from witnessing death (bird in this case). I really love the shape of this bauble!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 12:49 am

@Prayer  This ist for you, Fairyring ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_f24 ... baubling your avatar was a treat!

Gorgeoous calendar sheets, Yeee!

Another true EQ alien ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_d11

... just for fun! alien

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 6:17 am

Mother of Memory, providing perhaps the greatest healing; love.

Who's that guy with Ember in the 12 Nigths calendar?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 6:29 am

I think he might be Gahv ... or some random Go-Back speaking for those who "want to go after the humans" when Goldruff's (nameless! Evil or Very Mad ) cub was killed by a stray bullet.
Now it's the time that your predicted and expected "Skywise plus" windows will open, Redhead. Ember

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 10:18 am

Cute bauble for Fairyring!

Love the one of Jink and the alien.. touching her head with an fingertip!

I love the big bauble of Suntop, Ember and Skywise! Suntop Uncomfortable Ember Skywise smile It kinda looks like they're juding the Alien's dancing style! XD

Zazapat Ikopek and Par Tolfsson! Nice bauble!

Leetah and Skywise! Leetah Smile Skywise smile I love the images you used and the stars in the bauble!

I can't figure out what this bauble is after Venka and Satreeka? Like the shape of the bauble!

Ember and Gahv *let's go with him then*. I really love how ember looks her! Very nice baubles.

I whish you all the best wishes and a happy and healthy new year! May this year be better than the last one! Hug

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 11:59 am

Embala wrote:
I think he might be Gahv ... or some random Go-Back speaking for those who "want to go after the humans" when Goldruff's (nameless! Evil or Very Mad ) cub was killed by a stray bullet.

I don't think there are any mention of anyone wanting to go after the humans after Goldruff's cub was killed. In fact, doesn't seem there's much talk about the reactions, other than Goldruff's own grief, and his continued hatred of guns, but not humans.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 8:35 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Happyn10

Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_h12

Last edited by Embala on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 8:40 pm

my Orcamerelves wish you all Happy New Year ...
Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Orcame28
..and a better one than the last.

Last edited by Yeee on Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 6:40 am

Of course! The spirit dance, and a perfect mirror of a moment in Heart's Way.

Cutter Smile Skywise smile

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 12:40 pm

Skywise and Cutter! Skywise smile Cutter Smile I love this one so much! Their spirit dance and reunion! Beautiful baubles!

Mender and Leetah! Leetah Smile Trying to heal an animal

Love the new years card with Triket and the sculpers! Trinket
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 7:08 pm

Happy new year and all good wishes, Yeee! Fishy Your Orcamers had a great party! Like

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 7:15 pm

Embala wrote:
@Prayer  This ist for you, Fairyring ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 2022_f24 ... baubling your avatar was a treat!

Ahhh sorry I missed this! This bauble is so cute! I love it! Thanks soooo much, Embala! I love you I love you

Happy New Year @all!

Found a funny quote:

Remember when we were younger and just wanted to stay up on New Year's Eve? Now all we want to do is sleep!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

...and here some Irish words:

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~ Irish blessing

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 11:18 pm

Happy New Year!!!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 1:22 am

Happy New Year, Fairygirl!  Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 1f344 Thank you for the beautiful wishes to all of us. I'm glad you approve and like the baublehead. Very Happy

You are always a good reason to do something about Rayek or Haken, Yeee. Fishy Including both in the "alien section" was a fun job. Adding some light magic was a bonus. By the way - you've read my intentions about the "heilmom" Venka ornament totally right!
Your artwork is amazing and an enrichment for the Advent thread! Little Lilypad is such a cute Sea Raider brat! Funny and sweet and full of life. The tooth gap is showing for sure ^^^- I love it that you elf kids mirror the developement of your children, Yeee. And I see a Santa snail!
Emo boy made me grin. His pose gives me the impression that he melting down the rock like a candle in the sun. The Anglerfish doesn't like to be tied to the Christmas tree - not even as an unique un-lighting item. XD
The AI backgrounds add an strangely enchanted, alien facet. In the New Year piece you've actually build your world around this background - making the Palace almost a character lof its own. I like how lively the Medusa/Yeee figure turned out.

Thank you for the praise, WolfieHungry Wolf I love to read your comments and learn about your thoughts on the ornaments. You read my intentions very well. The bauble with the couple at night is not about Zazapat and Par, tho - they are two of Queen Bee's (unnamed) rangers. Sorry that the longish bauble  is too small to identify the motive properly. Storm had the same Problem. It's the insctoid totem that protects the forbidden land of the Insect Tribe.
I see it was a good idea th keep the "finger-tip" in the picture! Very Happy Skywise and the twins judging the alien's dance - what a funny point of view! Laughing
Many thanks for the New Year greetings and good wishes, Wolfie. *hugs* We really need a much better year than the last ones!

Redhead Ember wrote:
And I like how the 12 Nights highlights how Stargazer's Hunt is one of the few EQ storylines with no actual threat - apart, maybe, from the humans on the Sculpers' planet - but is about dealing with loss.
*bows* I'm glad it shows, RedheadEmber I must confess that some "plain evil" motives will also show up in the mix.
Quote :
I don't think there are any mention of anyone wanting to go after the humans after Goldruff's cub was killed.
You are right. I've confounded scenes. This dispute between Chieftess Ember and combative Go-Backs was about the Squatters and their land grabbing spread. Still think this can be Gahv.
The spirit dance "quoting" The Heart's Way - you know your ElfQuest well, Red! Like

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 4:07 am

Blackwing wants some lunch! Or breakfast! Or dinner!

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:43 pm

Aww Blackwing seeing something delicious! Hungry Wolf I love this jungle leaves detail! As if he's in the jungle.

I love the steampunk design of the bauble! Is that an snake with a laser tong? XD I know it's something different and can't really figure it out what it is, but it kinda looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 28 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next